Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation (33036 Views)

No Fund For Eastern Rail Projects Yet - FG / “FG Requires N2trn To Complete Ongoing Road Projects –fashola / Reps Probe Tukur, Baraje Over N1tr Rail Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by adioolayi(m): 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
The Minister for Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, has pledged to complete all ongoing rail projects around the country and extend rail lines to all parts of the country.

Amaechi made the pledge during his first day in office as minister shortly after his inauguration by President Muhammadu Buhari in Abuja on Wednesday.

He said that he would resume work fully on Nov. 17 when the new Permanent Secretary, Mr Sabiu Zakari, would equally assume duty at the ministry.

The minister added that his meeting with the Permanent Secretary and the Directors on Nov. 17 would begin by looking at the budget and its level of implementation.

According to him, the meeting is necessary to chart a new course toward completing all ongoing projects, especially the rail and extending it to different part of the country.

Amaechi, however, called for cooperation from all parastatals and agencies of the ministry and the aviation sector.
He promised to ensure a smooth working relationship with the Minister of State for Aviation for the development of the sector as well as meeting the expectations of Nigerians.

The minister also urged the staff to always play by rule, adding that “I belief in principles of discharging my duties’’.
“We are interested in completing all ongoing rail projects around the country because we don’t want to disappoint Nigerians.
“It is important that we realise that we have a mandate to deliver on our promises and there is competition among the ministers to deliver and we don’t want to take last.

Amaechi also emphasised on the issue of corruption, warning that anybody that would work with him must not approach him for money.
In his speech, the Minister of State for Aviation, Mr Hadi Sirika, said that it was an era of new thinking for the actualisation of the change agenda of the Federal Government.

Sirika added that the era of talking tough without acting was over, stressing that whatever was said was what would be done.
He assured that Buhari’s administration would deliver on its promises, adding that the government was aware of the high hope and expectation of Nigerian.

Sirika, however, pledged to ensure a harmonious working relationship with the Minister of Transportation to achieved results in the implementation of policies and programmes.

Also, the Permanent Secretary, who was also appointed by the president on Tuesday, expresses optimism that the new ministers would deliver on the visions and missions of the change agenda of the government.

Zakari pledged to give maximum cooperation to the new ministers to assist them in the discharge of their duties effectively.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/amaechi-pledges-to-complete-ongoing-rail-projects-calls-for-cooperation/

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by kodded(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
H

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by adioolayi(m): 6:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
It's a new dawn Nigerians...work done start!

I love these new set of ministers....No Time To Waste
Time...Straight from inauguration to their offices... No time for
jamboree and social celebrations...These set mean business..
Nigeria is on a path to greatness...

Thank you PMB!

God bless Nigeria

lalasticalala Lion of Africa done start work..come and see grin

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by sandraokosun1: 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2015

“It is important that we realise that we have a mandate to
deliver on our promises and
there is competition among the
ministers to deliver and we
don’t want to take last.

“It is important that we realise that we have a mandate to
deliver on our promises and
there is competition among the
ministers to deliver and we
don’t want to take last.

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by sandraokosun1: 6:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
i guess the competition is obvious, to outdo fashola the new darling of pmb, if you know the standards fashola would always set for himself, you would be happy to hear this statement. Even if they dont come first in that competition, you know where we would have gotten if they all give just 50% to attain or beat fashola standard.
Nigerians listen to ur new ministers and here what we had expected, battling to be best for us.
thats the MINDSET, seat TIGHT and embrace CHANGE

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by palladin: 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
sure
Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by seunmsg(m): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2015
That's our minister in action. Hitting the ground running almost immediately to the admiration of most Nigerians.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by theV0ice: 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Amaechi no wan carry last o.... grin

Don't worry, you and Fashola na bracket first e go be because Port Harcourt boy no dey carry second sef cheesy

Enelamah, Kachikwu, Fayemi and Kemi should hustle for second position cheesy

God bless PMB and all Nigerians abeg grin

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by dayo23(f): 6:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
seunmsg:
That's our minister in action. Hitting the ground running almost immediately to the admiration of most Nigerians.
no long talk....straight to action! Here in abuja people are happy with all the appointments! God bless PMB and PYO

Lalasticlala oya carry this go frontpage sharply...work don start

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by JingoOAU(m): 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
As I dey read this, my head come dey swell...I hope it wouldn't burst

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by dayo23(f): 6:50pm On Nov 11, 2015
adioolayi:
It's a new dawn Nigerians...work done start!

I love these new set of ministers....No Time To Waste
Time...Straight from inauguration to their offices... No time for
jamboree and social celebrations...These set mean business..
Nigeria is on a path to greatness...

Thank you PMB!

God bless Nigeria

lalasticalala Lion of Africa done start work..come and see grin
Correct talk...your head dey there

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by seunmsg(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
dayo23:
no long talk....straight to action! Here in abuja people are happy with all the appointments! God bless PMB and PYO

That's how it should be. The time for politicking and unnecessary distraction by Wike and PDP is over. This is the time for serious work and action.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by wachakuta(m): 6:51pm On Nov 11, 2015
God bless Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
Nov 17 ke? my friend you better get to work

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by GetUmad: 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
kodded:
H
Homosapiens.
Are you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by speedyGonzales: 6:58pm On Nov 11, 2015
Don't make promises you can't deliver on! that's my advice!

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by Chubhie: 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
Let's see how it goes.
Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by GetUmad: 6:59pm On Nov 11, 2015
speedyGonzales:
Don't make promises you can deliver on! that's my advice!
So he should make the ones he can't deliver on?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by speedyGonzales: 7:00pm On Nov 11, 2015
GetUmad:

So he should make the ones he can't deliver on?

well, obvious typo.. typing to fast!

ops! made another one!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by Ballmer: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
I hope once Aneachi upgrade Enugu airport to international standard like Lagos and Abuja unlike Jonathan / Oduah that converted the airport into a seaport I hope Biafrans won't claim it is one of Ebele/Oduah's achievements o.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by bigx(m): 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
And make them fly?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Great
Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by osaslord500(m): 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
grin grin grin [size=17pt]Na so Buhari take promise say he go finish BOKOHARAM in two months. [/size] Hahahaahahahah Apc always making me laugh

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by kenniecee: 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
We are watching
Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by AYOdeji2102: 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
I pray they fulfill their promise...

Overweight has been attributed to be one of the major causes of
sexual dissatisfaction in both male and female.Don't wait until you're
replaced by your spouse" Get rid of the excess fats with a natural programme....
follow this trend below for more details
https://www.nairaland.com/2427877/get-back-sexy-look-confidence#39247217

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by Mogidi: 7:41pm On Nov 11, 2015
Coming from the same man who couldn't complete the ones under his own govt.
Picture of Amaechi's botched mono rail project in Rivers.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/attachments/1570371_screenshot_2014-07-23-16-07-14_png29b18d0d659492af789f2e7a9401cc15[/img]

TRANSPORTER

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by braine(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
I hope these people won't fall our hands sha.
Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by freshness2020: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
Story!!!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by zico530(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
To compensate for the billions stolen.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by malton: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
God guide you aright, Mr minister!

He may go on to achieve great feats, only Lord knows.
Re: Amaechi Pledges To Complete Ongoing Rail Projects, Calls For Cooperation by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
enough of the promises, e done do biko, the once you have promised is it it's been denied or impossible to fulfill. IF YOU WANT TO SHOOT, SHOOT DON'T TALK.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu And His Crew Don't Represent The Igbos - Igbo Broadcaster / Dasuki Writes Judge, Says He Will Never Go To Court Again / Pantami: Sultan Of Sokoto Lied Against Jerry Gana On Boko Haram- Peoples Gazette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.