Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,584 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:43 PM

Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) - Software/Programmer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Software/Programmer Market / Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) (3965 Views)

Partners Wanted: Corel Draw-like Application Development / Partners Wanted: Professionals Networking Site. / Partners Wanted: Talented Sportsmen Hunting Site. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 10:05pm On Nov 11, 2015
I am inviting people to partner with me to develop and host a university students networking site. It will be something like www.facebook.com but with completely different objective.Which should include a lawyer and accountant. The remaining people must be experienced front-end developers(XHTML/HTML5,javascript,ajax,etc)developers ,front-end developers( php,ajax),web/online games developer, a researcher, and a graphics designer.

The researcher does not have to be a programmer.His job will be to carry out online reseach for developers that ensuring they dont waste valuable time on non programming related researches. He should be a university graduate with who is very good in analysis and synthesis. His primary job will be to dig out information from the internet using google and present them to developers.

Alloted development time is 3 months.

A company will be floated based on it.Each participant is expected to be a share holder.

Shares will be owned in the other 2:1:1:1:.....1n. Where N is the number of participants.

The ratio 2 will be for me. I am a php deveoper.

Individuals who eventually become share holders are only allowed to sell their shares to me should they wish to sell their
shares in the future.

A non-programmer financial participant is allowed.If there is no financial participant then all members will also paticipate financially according to their share.

Financial participator (if any) will not hand over money to any member buy will only foot bill like cost of initial advertisement, cost of company registration, cost of web hosting , cost of domain name acquiring and cost of office space acquisition.

As many developer as possible can show interest .

Interested developers must be willing to sign a one-way Non-disclosure agreement with me.

Preliminary documents including that for non-disclosure agreement will be sent to to developers by email.

This offer has closed.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by Dlastofmykind(m): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
And what if the developer isn't based in Lagos and might not always have the opportunity to show up when any document signing is required?
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
Dlastofmykind:
And what if the developer isn't based in Lagos and might not always have the opportunity to show up when any document signing is required?

Document signing will be done twice. Non-disclosure agreement singning and business registration document signing.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by samlexxy: 7:21am On Nov 12, 2015
A generation in which every web developer wants to be new Mark Zuckerberg..why can't everyone just look past developing the next Facebook...there's more to the WWW than social networks...

4 Likes

Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by juicydiceyjoe(m): 10:23am On Nov 12, 2015
you kept mentioning php developers.. is php the only programming language required to build a 'facebook' ?
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by samlexxy: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
juicydiceyjoe:
you kept mentioning php developers..
is php the only programming language required to build a 'facebook' ?
i wonder oo..i guess he thinks that way cus Facebook homepage url is
"https://www.facebook.com/home.php"...the ".php" at the end of the url..facebook uses numerous database not to talk of programming languages...i believe you should add more language to your requirement..
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by bilionaire: 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
Trust me you will need funds and a lot more programmers, and later will have to start building your database, pay for licences for the server OS, 24/7 DBA's etc the cost keep growing.

I believe in you and be ready to collaborate more on the financial side for now, but you need first do a detail draft or build a base, a structure that works (something simple) for people to key into it first.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 4:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
samlexxy:
A generation in which every web developer wants to be new Mark Zuckerberg..why can't everyone just look past developing the next Facebook...there's more to the WWW than social networks...

I related it to sthg known. The site will operate in a way diffetent from facebook.
The way it will operate is the actual secret. It will be v. dumb of me to expose that here.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by samlexxy: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
mnairaland:

I related it to sthg known. The site will operate in a way diffetent from facebook.
The way it will operate is the actual secret. It will be v. dumb of me to expose that here.
maybe you are right...sorry tho i meant no offence...was just passing by
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
juicydiceyjoe:

I think the issue here is my perspective.
I actually expect the php developer to know javascript, ajax etc Apart from graphics drsign I also know a lot of things.
I will try to.edit it as.soon ass possible to reflect ur own perspective.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2015
samlexxy:
i wonder oo..i guess he thinks that way cus Facebook homepage url is
"https://www.facebook.com/home.php"...the ".php" at the end of the url..facebook uses numerous database not to talk of programming languages...i believe you should add more language to your requirement..

Pls check my last post.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 4:44pm On Nov 12, 2015
bilionaire:
Trust me you will need funds and a lot more programmers, and later will have to start building your database, pay for licences for the server OS, 24/7 DBA's etc the cost keep growing.

I believe in you and be ready to collaborate more on the financial side for now, but you need first do a detail draft or build a base, a structure that works (something simple) for people to key into it first.

I actually intend to get things running from all cylinders. Athough I have built web apps before I have never built some thing as comlex as facebook.My plan is to get team first then move with the team to closed online forum where I intend to lay the plan before them.Having gotten the big picture we can set out to create the picturei have just drawn. We will break the project into modules and breakup into groups. Each group will work o a module.That way we can develop in accelerated manner. Theoritical analysis done by me indicate a team of 20 would surfice.But then,that was a theoritical analysis.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 5:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
People who wish not to show their interet publicly can PM me.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 5:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
bilionaire:

I reading through ur post a second time I think your suggestion is quite wise.
I will see if i can do that without letting the cat out of the bag.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by samlexxy: 6:18pm On Nov 12, 2015
mnairaland:

I actually intend to get things running from all cylinders. Athough I have built web apps before I have never built some thing as comlex as facebook.My plan is to get team first then move with the team to closed online forum where I intend to lay the plan before them.Having gotten the big picture we can set out to create the picturei have just drawn. We will break the project into modules and breakup into groups. Each group will work o a module.That way we can develop in accelerated manner. Theoritical analysis done by me indicate a team of 20 would surfice.But then,that was a theoritical analysis.
speaking of a "close online forum" for discussion..i think IRC private room would be the best..
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 6:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
samlexxy:
speaking of a "close online forum" for discussion..i think IRC private room would be the best..

Thanks.I'll check it out.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by samlexxy: 6:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
mnairaland:

Thanks.I'll check it out.
anytime man...I do love a good project..it ain't gonna be an easy one..but don't despair..best of luck
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 6:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
juicydiceyjoe:

Its just now I got to understand ur post. I see, unless I dont want to participate it had to be php. I develop in php for now.

OK. I put and jsp as alternative. but the asp developer must use c#.I have never and do not have plans to learn vb. i can follow java and c#. Although I dont develop in them. Since php developers are not interested maybe I should give other programmers a chance.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
This invitation has closed.If need be it will be opened in the future.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
bilionaire:

Hello friend. Work will be starting on d apps soon. Since u are just participating financially there is no need to border u wt a NDA. But within d next few months I will forward the url of the temporary locatn of d site to u.If after browsing round it, u think it is worth ur investment then let me know.

I wish u a pleasant evening.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by project7(m): 12:27am On Nov 15, 2015
Idea is nothing. Execution is key.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by deanwi(m): 1:28am On Nov 15, 2015
Until you are different, The world will not look for you,
Get an IT Skill today to enhance your professionalism at SoftpointApps System
visit us @
www.softpointapps.com
call : 08037892987

Programing in C# or VB.NET
Benefits:
1. Software Development Life Cycle
2. Understanding data structure and algorithm
3. Understanding concept of programing
4. System Compilation and debugging processes
5. Database management & Proficiency in writing SQL queries
6. Development of hospital and school database system
7. Design and implementation of Mailing and Text-To-Speech Apps
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 8:27pm On Nov 18, 2015
Dlastofmykind:

Residing in lagos and NDA signing is no longer compulsory. Email me if u are still interested.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by Johny2015: 6:50am On Nov 19, 2015
Check your email.
I have sent you a message.
cc mnairaland
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by airsaylongcon: 10:24am On Nov 19, 2015
And I'm thinking to myself, why are you starting from the scratch? Why are you reinventing the wheel when there are several open source social platforms (heard of elgg?) that you can use to ease your self in? Use existing tools to accomplish your ideas. I've got a reservation for Nigerian written code primarily because many don't do independent QA testing
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by jidez007: 11:56am On Nov 19, 2015
well my idea is quite similar. I have actually done something like that all by myself. check out www.schoolnetwork.io
just simple and very light
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by airsaylongcon: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
jidez007:
well my idea is quite similar. I have actually done something like that all by myself. check out www.schoolnetwork.io

Very good stuff you've done there. Built from scratch?

*modified*
Tried signing up but it failed
How come Nigeria is not listed under Country?
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
jidez007:

I saw ur site. It is no way near what i have in mind.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by airsaylongcon: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
mnairaland:

I saw ur site. It is no way near what i have in mind.

Mind and reality are two different stuff o! At least he's got a working solutions. Na to do am up remain

1 Like

Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by 2mNaira: 2:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
airsaylongcon:
And I'm thinking to myself, why are you starting from the scratch? Why are you reinventing the wheel when there are several open source social platforms (heard of elgg?) that you can use to ease your self in? Use existing tools to accomplish your ideas. I've got a reservation for Nigerian written code primarily because many don't do independent QA testing

Pls dont give up on Nigeria.Framework help but they have their own downside.Actually I have neve used one.I use template and write my codes.
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by airsaylongcon: 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2015
mnairaland:

Pls dont give up on Nigeria.Framework help but they have their own downside.Actually I have neve used one.I use template and write my codes.

I would be very scared of that type of code. Do you do unit testing? System testing? Integration test?
Re: Partners Wanted: University Students Networking Site(Re-Modified) by peictt: 4:27pm On Nov 19, 2015
I am a Php developer and I use laravel most of the time:
Email: tijesunimi48@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Code Forex Robot. / *?* Get Professional Website (peer-peer, Jumia/konga Type, Forum, Olx, Etc)** / Payroll Software Review: Accounting Software For Small Business In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.