Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy (62700 Views)

Ram Goat Rearing And Fattening / Benefits Of Rearing Animals(my Farm And I) / Feasibility for rearing 100 Broilers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 11:40pm On Nov 11, 2015
Goat business is profitable. with some guidance and patience anyone will sure make a living from it. the market for goat is high and will continue to increase. yet many young folks are not looking into this direction. whether you desire to go into goat farming or simply rearing for personal purposes, am willing to provide guidance.
Or if you simply want to go into buying and selling of goats, which is very lucrative, you can find free guidance here.
feel free and let us talk

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by ilelabosinmioko: 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hello Zayons.
You came out with a very nice topic but you forgot to include your contact details . Please include your contact details. Thanks.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
ilelabosinmioko:
Hello Zayons.
You came out with a very nice topic but you forgot to include your contact details . Please include your contact details. Thanks.

apologies for the omission . here is my phone no:
0816 806 4251. email: Prontoserv@yahoo.com.

3 Likes

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Decide what type of goat business you want to
do
Goat business is a diversified business. Goats
produce diary and meat, aside the excreta and hair.
Goats can also be breed to sell. As a business
owner explore these different aspects of the business and make money. Decide on which areas you want to
focus your attention on. Identify the purpose of
your goat farming business.
these are no hard things and anyone can do it with a bit of commitment and guidance.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by world1(m): 8:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
zayons:
Goat business is profitable. with some guidance and patience anyone will sure make a living from it. the market for goat is high and will continue to increase. yet many young folks are not looking into this direction. whether you desire to go into goat farming or simply rearing for personal purposes, am willing to provide guidance.
Or if you simply want to go into buying and selling of goats, which is very lucrative, you can find free guidance here.
feel free and let us talk

Bros. Do you have a goat farm? if yes please share the pictures as you are teaching us so we can see that you are a practical goat farmer.

Goat farming is not easy at all except you are doing the local dwarf goat. I am talking from experience.
If you have contrary opinion i'm on standby, waiting.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by echoedwalls: 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Hi zayons, Do have goats for sale? If you do,kindly state the breed and prices? Thanks
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 7:05am On Nov 13, 2015
world1:

Bros. Do you have a goat farm? if yes please share the pictures as you are teaching us so we can see that you are a practical goat farmer.

Goat farming is not easy at all except you are doing the local dwarf goat. I am talking from experience.
If you have contrary opinion i'm on standby, waiting.

?

my brother nothing is "easy" in life. agric is not like electric power where you press a button and the result appear in a second. you need patience, persistence, commitment , and sometimes humility to be guided. am not saying goat business is "easy" but very profitable irrespective of breed . your experience may be poor but should not be so for everyone.
we are not just into goat farming but also into goat banking which is a concept I will share here.
any more thing

3 Likes

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 7:09am On Nov 13, 2015
echoedwalls:
Hi zayons,
Do have goats for sale?
If you do,kindly state the breed and prices?
Thanks

yes but I don't want that to be the starting point of our discussions here. let us share deeper truths so no one misconstrue this tread as purely marketing stuff.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by dgitrader(m): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2015
zayons:

my brother nothing is "easy" in life. agric is not like electric power where you press a button and the result appear in a second. you need patience, persistence, commitment , and sometimes humility to be guided. am not saying goat business is "easy" but very profitable irrespective of breed . your experience may be poor but should not be so for everyone.
we are not just into goat farming but also into goat banking which is a concept I will share here.
any more thing

you sound rather convincing but can we see the photos from your farm? this is important for followers of this thread to know what they are dealing with, before better questions and enquiries start flowing in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by world1(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2015
zayons:

any more thing
Ok.
Am following you bumper to bumper.
Ride on
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by jackbennie: 3:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
echoedwalls:
Hi zayons,
Do have goats for sale?
If you do,kindly state the breed and prices?
Thanks

if u need goats to buy right now am in my village and the goat here r affordable i can get it for you, can reach me 08187469053 for more discussion will post pictures of goats they have here wen i visit the market
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by holajeedayy: 8:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
[quote author=jackbennie post=40015261]

oga dont derail dis trend
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by GGfadar(m): 10:51am On Nov 15, 2015
Sincerely, goat business, either breeding for meat production/milk production or buying and selling is highly lucrative, breeding of goats isn't dat easy truly but its requires standard management.

A lot of things need to b considered....

Most importantly

* shelter
* feed
* pasture
* security, most especially against predators

U can never run a backyard goat farming biz and make money due to cost of feeding except its for home/personal consumption.

At least one/two acres of land should be enough for 30 goats to graze as a starter and d land should b flourished with gd pasture.

For south westerners dat wish to start, I will advice u cross breed northern/Niger/chad breed with our dwarf breed, only then u can avoid environmental adaptation issues, feed selection challenges and some other risk factors...

NOTE :
Every beginner must get enough knowledge before starting and should b ready for mortality issues.
I'm not saying its 100% sure thr will b mortality but note dat its part of d challenges any starter should prepare for.
I started small and expanded well with very very low mortality rate due to full attention I gave to the goats. Thanks to my old man dat put me through....

Goats need more attention dan sheep mostly during the rainy season.
Wish anyone interested GOODLUCK...

JAH BLESS

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by lanre2009: 12:59pm On Nov 15, 2015
GGfadar:
Sincerely, goat business, either breeding for meat production/milk production or buying and selling is highly lucrative, breeding of goats isn't dat easy truly but its requires standard management.

Most importantly

* shelter
* feed
* pasture

U can never run a backyard goat farming biz and make money due to cost of feeding except its for home/personal consumption.

At least one/two acres of land should be enough for 30 goats to graze as a starter and d land should b flourished with gd pasture.

For south westerners dat wish to start, I will advice u cross breed northern/Niger/chad breed with our dwarf breed, only then u can avoid environmental adaptation issues, feed selection challenges and some other risk factors...

NOTE :
Every beginner must get enough knowledge before starting and should b ready for mortality issues.
I'm not saying its 100% sure thr will b mortality but note dat its part of d challenges any starter should prepare for.
I started small and expanded well with very very low mortality rate due to full attention I gave to the goats. Thanks to my old man dat put me through....

JAH BLESS

Pls where is your farm located? Do you train intending farmers?
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by GGfadar(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
My farms r in ibadan

I don't do training but can help put u thru
lanre2009:

Pls where is your farm located? Do you train intending farmers?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
I sure like some of the comments especially the spirit to be of service and not necessarily for profit making

@GGfadar you have made some valid points and I must commend your selfless spirit.

Do one need big money to start goat Business?
yes and no as you will discover later on. Can one even start with zero budget ? yes.
can one start small ? yes as you will discover later on. what about feeding issue any ways around this without big budget? yes .
shelter and security ? yes serious issues but there are ways around them.
need for training ? yes formal or informal , on the job or otherwise
Risk ? yes. moderate to high but can be mitigated .
profitable ? sure , profitable with ready market year round without religious, cultural or medical limitation s

please let us focus on issues of goat business. let us leave marketing out for now, you will always get market for your product. later you can discuss market.

now let us set the ball rolling .

if there are no further questions and issues we shall move to Lesson 1.
cheers

3 Likes

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by shamecurls(m): 6:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
How much is a small niger goat that one can train for fattening?

Where can i buy from if i reside in Lagos as i plan to start on a small scale with 10?
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
shamecurls:
How much is a small niger goat that one can train for fattening?

Where can i buy from if i reside in Lagos as i plan to start on a small scale with 10?

Bros knowledge first . without understanding the terrain very well , you may lose money whether you start small or big.
there are wolves locking around on the forum. get deep understanding first no matter how in hurry you may seem to be.
just my little advice
cheers

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by shamecurls(m): 11:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
Thanks for the advice

Appreciate

zayons:

Bros knowledge first . without understanding the terrain very well , you may lose money whether you start small or big.
there are wolves locking around on the forum. get deep understanding first no matter how in hurry you may seem to be.
just my little advice
cheers
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 16, 2015
@op with all due respect, with little research on goat farming the internet one can easily become a goat farm "consultants". Perhaps, it is best you show readers photos of your goat farm ( if u have any) so we can see how well your goats are doing. Atleast proving u are a practical farmer would go a long way in confidence building. The growing numbers of theoretical farmers on this site is sickening. Photos they say, say a thousand words. Readers would be very delighted to see how well your goat farm biz is doing.Thx

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by GGfadar(m): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2015
On point
OTDR:
@op with all due respect, with little research on goat farming the internet one can easily become a goat farm "consultants". Perhaps, it is best you show readers photos of your goat farm ( if u have any) so we can see how well your goats are doing. Atleast proving u are a practical farmer would go a long way in confidence building. The growing numbers of theoretical farmers on this site is sickening. Photos they say, say a thousand words. Readers would be very delighted to see how well your goat farm biz is doing.Thx
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by GGfadar(m): 8:07am On Nov 16, 2015
GGfadar:

Most importantly

* shelter
* feed
* pasture

NOTE :

JAH BLESS

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 10:43am On Nov 16, 2015
with due respect,
@OTDR it appears to me you will be someone that can easily be scammed or deceived. in this age of internet you are still relying on pix as gold standard to judge a real " farmer" from theoretical farmer. funny. am usually associated with 3 things on nairaland- computer sales/programming, informal sector finance and goat farming/ goat banking. these are things am involved in real life.
assuming am not into goat business don't you think it will be easy to get pix from other farms or web to deceive people like you who can easily fall for any fancy pix ? my bros pictures tell lies. get that clear. I can bombard you with pix and all out to scam you. sit down and hear me out first and see if these are practical home grown concepts in goat business. from discussions you will know the truth.
you talked about theoretical or " consultants" farmers that is not what we call them. we call them political farmers. academics are theoretical farmers or consultants. and we need them. they provide theoretical basis for farming. only that you can't wholly depend on their theories.
am not an academic. you talked about anyone being able to get all the information from the internet and become a consultant. please why don't you go ahead and try that out yourself. if the information are all out there go get them and try them out and let us see how it goes. if you can get information on cost effective ways to feed goat with balanced diet without deep pocket in Nigeria then go get it and be bold to share with us free. or raising many goats within limited space or security without huge security bills in Nigeria especially in remote locations or raising goat in urban locations or concept of goat banking. go get them for us. give others free but sell it to me . I will pay and add it to my library

buy the truth and sell it not. appreciate when you see truth and guard it jealously.

it is humility to accept that others have what you dont have. we can do nothing against the truth but for the truth.

I have worked closely with a man who has spent more than 20 straight unbroken years doing practical work into goat farming. and you call that man mere theoretical consultant ? you must be joking.
bring your practical concepts in goat farming/ and I will give you a superior concept for every of your concept. I can tell you what works in Nigeria.
cheers

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by dgitrader(m): 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
^^just like others earlier, he simply advised you to provide pictures of Ur farm, what you provide instead is a long epistle attempting to label OTDR as gullible. that isnt fair.
anyway go to felixzo or ggfadar's thread on goat farming and take a clue.

OTDR u r on point!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by deteb(m): 2:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
No vex my brother please continue. We are all hears sir.
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by zayons: 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
Lesson 1: goat business raw basics.

1. decide your area of interest. I suggest you settle for goat meat production including live goats.

2. decide that you will run it as a business. give a name to it: XYZ Goat company ltd. after you have enough fund you may register it later. but have record books .treat it as full fledge business entity even if you are doing it part time. remember goats can be reared as pets e. g cashmere goats. for that no need for profit.

3. you can do it full time or part time. mine is part time. but you need to schedule your time to see the goat daily. don't delegate yet. start part time. later employ attendants.

4.start small to gain experience at least for few months. do it at this stage alone. start with 10 goats of mixed breeds. will tell you the breeds later. but don't worry too much about breeds at this stage. if you start with 50 goats chances are high that you will fail or be discouraged except you hire experienced hands which will increase your budget.

4. secure a space for your goat.
do you really need a large space for goats ? do you need grazing pasture ? is the extensive system of goat management still profitable for commercial goat business ? what is the current trend that is profitable in the long term ?
I will tell you. just follow me. you don't need this kind of space people talk about. they are "old school" and rustic stuffs. from experience, culture, research and the science of goat you don't.
never mind some people will soon get pissed off with me because I will attack their old stuffs and practices.
follow me. new day for you
cheers
to be continued.

6 Likes

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by adexsimply(m): 9:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
GGfadar:
My farms r in ibadan

I don't do training but can help put u thru
In what part of Ibadan is your farm located? Can I pay a visit ?
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by GGfadar(m): 11:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
Yes u can
One is behind I.I.T.A and another at OLORUNDA ABA
adexsimply:
In what part of Ibadan is your farm located? Can I pay a visit ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by adexsimply(m): 3:55am On Nov 19, 2015
GGfadar:
Yes u can
One is behind I.I.T.A and another at OLORUNDA ABA
Alright. I'll reach you when I'm ready. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by GGfadar(m): 5:55am On Nov 19, 2015
U r most welcome
adexsimply:
Alright. I'll reach you when I'm ready. Thanks
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by RealSleek(m): 5:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
GGfadar:
U r most welcome
i'd like to visit ur farm

how do I contact you
Re: Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy by GGfadar(m): 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2015
My contact is on d thread nah
RealSleek:

i'd like to visit ur farm

how do I contact you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Snail Farm Begins - The Birth Of A Farm / Why Can't Apples Grow In Nigeria? / My New Tomatoes Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.