Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,318 members, 7,808,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? (1004 Views)

Should A Christain Be In A Relationship? / My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man / [poll] Would You Prefer to Marry a Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by iyoyoworl: 2:00pm On May 16, 2009
Nairalanders i really need your advice on this. Am a christain and my boyfriend is a muslim. he is serious about setteling down but is also insisting that our children be muslims and i can practice my religion.  I really love this guy cos we get along so well. but the roblem is just the religion. please what do you think i should do.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by ElRazur: 2:05pm On May 16, 2009
Religion is a form of control!

Nothing wrong with cross-faith marriage. However, you may need to weigh the pro and cons.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by ThoniaSlim(f): 2:06pm On May 16, 2009
iyoyoworl:

Nairalanders i really need your advice on this. Am a christain and my boyfriend is a muslim. he is serious about setteling down but is also insisting that our children be muslims and i can practice my religion.  I really love this guy cos we get along so well. but the roblem is just the religion. please what do you think i should do.

Yes it is possible if you are willing to deal with every issue that comes with it. . .but the highlighted sentence is one reason i wouldn't wanna marry a Muslim. . .just don't wanna deal with such drama.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by Czarskit(m): 2:11pm On May 16, 2009
~* clears throat *~
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by ibrokay(m): 2:13pm On May 16, 2009
Inter religious marriage cannot work unless both of you

mutually agree to practise a common religion.

My Advice is for you to embrace his religion or call the relationship quit
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by justwise(m): 2:24pm On May 16, 2009
ibrokay:

Inter religious marriage cannot work unless both of you

mutually agree to practise a common religion.

My Advice is for you to embrace his religion or call the relationship quit

My point exactly, make no mistake, its a nightmare, and i don't see him converting to christianity any soon.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by JJYOU: 2:29pm On May 16, 2009
justwise:

My point exactly, make no mistake, its a nightmare, and i don't see him converting to christianity any soon.
love is blind mariage will open your eyes. how many christians in naija na the mole you see. no worry he go let you practise your religion.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by dominique(f): 2:34pm On May 16, 2009
most people decide to take chances and go ahead and marry, but the marriage will constantly be under pressure and it may eventually fall apart. i've seen it happen more than once and i wont advice anyone to take that kind of risk.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by dani1luv: 3:25pm On May 16, 2009
@ OP
If your parents are not against your wish. .

Go-on
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by Abuzola(m): 4:57pm On May 16, 2009
It won't be easy my dear, to be in peace i advice u to embrace his religion or quit bcus there wil be misunderstanding
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by t00cUTE(f): 5:36pm On May 16, 2009
i had a muslim fiancee, he loved me so much but d religion kept causin problems he wasnt bothered at 1st, but later he wanted me 2 change, i told him his childern wud be muslims but he wasnt satisfied with dat cos he said our children wud be spendin more time with me and dats true.
so my dear its either u change or he does. cos in d long run there wud be problems and in marriage no turnin back
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by sweetnekys: 6:20pm On May 16, 2009
As for me you can marry to any trib but difinitely not out of religion because that is very hard for somebody to change his religion when your already a grown up but if you truely love him you have no choice than to accept his condition or you better quit.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by Pepeye(f): 6:54pm On May 16, 2009
Such a journey is paved with trouble
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by MaiSuya(m): 7:18pm On May 16, 2009
I'll strongly advise against such union. I've seen many of such and the end result. . .
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by IGWEUSA(m): 9:27pm On May 16, 2009
Mai Suya:

I'll strongly advise against such union. I've seen many of such and the end result. . .
@ poster
A moslem has said it all.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by blacksta(m): 10:15pm On May 16, 2009
what has light got to do with darkness
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by SeXyBoNE: 10:46pm On May 16, 2009
whats the meaning of love then?
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by ebila(m): 12:36pm On May 18, 2009
@Iyoyoworl,
Obviously,ur boyfrind isn't such dat may not use d religion thing to cause trouble for u in d future as he is already sayin his kids will be muslims,rather than allowin them to come & choose where they wanna belong.The fact most people fail to understand is this;if u were born of Christian parents,then u'll definately be a christian and so also,if u were born into a family of muslims,u'd be muslim.So i really don't c d reason y one cannot marry a muslim or christian cos he's of d other religion.But ur boyfriend should be unbiased when it comes to where he's kids will belong or that will make him wrong.Goodluck.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by harry2009(m): 1:27pm On May 18, 2009
what has light got to do with darkness (black mind)

you are just being asked a question and you should just answer it or get the Bleep out. your name suggest yourself (Blacksta). we should try to be tolerant of each other. so Mr. Idiot, respect others
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by omotf: 1:51pm On May 18, 2009
If you are not ready to change to muslim, i will advice you don't try it?the issue of allowing you to practice ur religion is off this discussion that is usually a promise before marriage.think twise am talkig out of experience
may God direct you.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by socpred(m): 2:01pm On May 18, 2009
It is definitely possible for two religions to get married, and successfully too,
However (big however), considering that marriage literally means you'll be stuck with this dude (ideally for life), I think it would be extremely risky for you to marry someone with whom you cannot agree on fundamental things such as religious beliefs!
What happens when he goes for mosque 'services', and the mosque pastor-in-charge asks about 'madam', and he begins to feel uncomfortable about going for services without madam, and since he's the head of the home, he 'decides' that you WILL start attending services with him - and your own Christian beliefs state that wives should submit to their husbands. Doesn't look pretty!

It's intuitive that 'unequal yoking' (not just with regards to religion, but other important issues) makes marriage a whole lot more 'tedious' than it already is (even with a perfect match made in heaven)!
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by bluespice(f): 3:47pm On May 18, 2009
its happened before but it puts a lot of stress on the family

quite subtlely i must say sometimes
but stress is stress

i wouldnt advice u to tho. . .
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by iyoyoworl: 3:08pm On May 20, 2009
I really thank you all for your advice. It is highly appreciated. May God bless you all.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by Tanzos: 1:44am On Jun 01, 2009
Seriously,is it really the religion thats the root of the perceived stress in this relationship or how the parents,family,friends etc will see things?
Sincerely,Love conquers all & if we look @it objectively what are the differences that really cause problems in a relationship/marriage?
xtians marry xtians, & still divorce
muslims marry muslims, & still divorce.
Lets be realistic with ourselves here and stop trying to base the cause of our worries on the shadows, leaving the substance.
To all those giving advice on what they think, seriously, are you sure youve identified the true cause of the problem?
Those with several examples to rely on (thesis) did you really talk to the couples involved?
lets be sure so we dont mislead others based on our sentiments.
For those still trying to figure this, the key word is UNDERSTANDING!!!!
@poster establish this amongst other things (trust,love,etc) and please dont forget to post the wedding iv.
Wishing you all the best!
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by Ollami(f): 4:50pm On Jun 01, 2009
yes , a xtian can marry muslim, but i cant do it , my mum is a xtian and my dad is a muslim and dey we are living fine , am going to mosque and my siblings are going to church. so if u luv him and he does too , plz go -on.
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by Romeo4real(m): 5:09pm On Jun 01, 2009
Nairalanders i really need your advice on this. Am a christain and my boyfriend is a muslim. he is serious about setteling down but is also insisting that our children be muslims and i can practice my religion. I really love this guy cos we get along so well. but the roblem is just the religion. please what do you think i should do.

A "Christian" can do anything he/she wants. But it is obvious that you are not a "true" Christian - one who follows the word of God, the teachings of Jesus Christ, and obeys HIS commands and precepts.

The word of GOD and the teaching of Christ make it abundantly clear about consorting with other religions. The Bible is full of examples of people who did, and the consequences.

The Bible says - There is only one true God - and his name is Jehovah. Thats very clear- Jehovah, not Allah
The Bible makes its clear you can not MARRY unbelievers (you can know, be friends with, be kind to, help, and even love) - Ppl who do not believe in ur God. How clear does that have to be? - "Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 Or what harmony has Christ with Belial, or what has a believer in common with an unbeliever?" (2 Cor. 6:14-15).

The reason is thet "unbelievers" can turn ur heart, and that of your children from your God; as some of Solomon's wives and concubines did to him, thereby incurring God's wrath.

But u were not that close to God anyway,otherwise you would already know the ans to your predicament, so thats OK
Re: Can A Christain Marry A Muslim? by Romeo4real(m): 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2009
To make it clear - I am saying you can do what you want. If it makes you happy, or you can make it work, then the choice is yours, but if you are asking about what the Bible says about it, then u have ur answer.

You are either a Christian, and you follow the Bible,and believe in what is says, or u are "trying" to follow the Bible (U know what is right, and you are trying to do it), or you are NOT a Christian at all.

There is no halfway house on the issue - So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth:Revelation 3:16

(1) (Reply)

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p / P Square Coming To Maryland On Saturday 35 Dollars / Nl Chicks Wots That Sweet Thing That U Long For :

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.