Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,583 members, 7,809,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Has Anyone Read 'nigeria: A New History Of A Turbulent Century'? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Has Anyone Read 'nigeria: A New History Of A Turbulent Century'? (453 Views)

Nigeria: A New History Of A Turbulent Century By Richard Bourne / My Top 7 Mystery/crime Writers Of The 21st Century / 1999 CONSTITUTION OF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA – A BOOK REVIEW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Read 'nigeria: A New History Of A Turbulent Century'? by ijescorner: 7:59am On Nov 12, 2015
Written by an oyibo.

The book basically focuses on Nigeria's history. Starting with its amalgamation in 1914. Through to the civil war, the Abacha regime, and Boko Haram.

I went along to his book launch last night @WaterstoneTraf. I wasn't quite sure what Richard's stance was on colonialism. Perhaps Richard thought that was the most interesting part of Nigerian history.

However the three young panelist were Ms Afropolitan, Stephanie Busari, and Chibundu Onuzo (who's debut novel is The Spider King's Daughter) challenged some of Richard's account. Which made for a very interesting debate.

I'm vying to read accounts by Nigerian Historians. Is there anybody out there who can give an account of Nigeria's history through the eyes of Nigerians?

Desperately seeking some answers. Join me on twitter, and let's start this conversations. @Ijescorner

xoxo

(1) (Reply)

Mandy's Law Episode 14 / Be Responsible For Your Own Happiness / The Best Things In Life:

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.