Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,888 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) (36366 Views)

Pastor Sentenced To Death By Hanging Cries Out As He Repents In Prison. Photo / Maryam Sanda Reading The Quran, As Court Remands Her In Prison (photo, Video) / Woman Hides Phone Inside Soup To Give Her Boyfriend In Ogun Prison (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by Islie: 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
Olufemi Atoyebi, Ibadan

The Oyo State Police Command has arrested 39-year-old Segun Adeleke for allegedly robbing a motorcyclist in Oyo town.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Adeleke had served two separate jail terms and his latest arrest came a day after he completed a five-year jail term.

According to police authorities, he was released from prison on November 4, 2015 and allegedly committed robbery the following day.

While parading the suspect and others, the state Commissioner of Police, Leye Oyebade, said Adeleke was arrested during an unsuccessful robbery.

He said, “The victim, Azeez Saheed, was robbed by the suspect while returning from his farm at Abu Village via Akinmorin, Oyo. The suspect barricaded the road with logs of wood waiting for the suspect. He tried to overpower his victim by stabbing him with a broken bottle but despite his injury, the victim raised the alarm which eventually led to his arrest.”

The suspect, who said he regretted his action, confirmed that he had served two jail terms of seven years for robbery.

He explained that he was jailed for the first time in 2000.

He said after his release, he had no relatives to assist him financially and he had no other option but to return to his old ways.

“I spent five years in prison and I was just released. However, I was hungry after leaving prison recently. I had no relation to feed me in Oyo so I took to robbery again”, he said.

When asked why he had no relatives, the suspect said, “I was born in Ibadan but someone took me and my siblings to Oyo town when I was seven. We grew up with her because she refused to take us back to our real parents,” he said.

The suspect said he was in his early 20s when he was first sentenced for robbery.

“I stole shirts and money and it earned me two years in jail. In 2000, I robbed a motorcyclist and got arrested. I was put behind bars for the offence in Oyo. I feel sad,” he said.

http://punchng.com/man-held-for-robbery-day-after-leaving-prison/

1 Share

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by ladyF(f): 12:34pm On Nov 12, 2015
Chai No remorse

1 Like

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by athaboi(f): 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2015
Is unfortunate! Mayb they shld try a rehabilitation home and see if it will work, i dont think taking him back to prison will change anything. His case is not normal

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
Is his Adeleke related to Davido? cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by nikkiking(m): 12:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
I think he enjoys staying behind bars.

Where no sort of bills would be he's responsibilities.

17 Likes

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by damton(m): 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
j
nikkiking:
I think he enjoys staying behind bars.
Where no sort of bills would be he's responsibilities.
LWKMD. He should be given life patron of the prison, so from there hopefully he could move upwards gradually and become the Comptroller of prisons.

Since he is allergic to freedom.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by loomer: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
Once a thief always a thief

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by Richie0974: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
He's being followed from his village lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by emeka2847: 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
This must be the hand work of devil grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by aaamos(m): 12:47pm On Nov 12, 2015
T
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
O ga ju!

2 Likes

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by Chimaritoponcho: 12:48pm On Nov 12, 2015
dis guy no get joy at all see as he face be like moi-moi wey dem chop remain

8 Likes

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Lol.
damton:
j
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by luckman20(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
Please help me lord, don't let my people resemble the wanted "amin
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by ylaa(f): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
HE WAS BORN TO ROB.
MAY GOD DELIEVER HIM.
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by modestdude(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
This is the result of the problem with our prisons here in Nigeria. There is lack of rehabilitation programmes like skill acquisitions for our prison inmates to acquaint them with skills needed to survive out there once they get their freedom. This will go a long way to keep them out of crime

We need reforms in our Prison system

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by Jasperchinonso(m): 12:49pm On Nov 12, 2015
coolToo gud too bad, take ur source by seconds.. Chaw
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by palladin: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
That means he hasn't finished his jail term.

modestdude:
f
luckman20:
Please help me lord, don't let my people resemble the wanted "amin
Chimaritoponcho:
dis guy no get joy at all see as he face be like moi-moi wey dem chop remain
aaamos:
T
damton:
j

What is nairaland becoming?
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by ylaa(f): 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
ASK US AGAIN?
Brandnew2:
Is his Adeleke related to Davido? cheesy
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by moderation2020: 12:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
robbery is not his calling, check the something else
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by ylaa(f): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
YOU HAVE A GOOD HEART
I AGREE WITH YOU
athaboi:
Is unfortunate! Mayb they shld try a rehabilitation home and see if it will work, i dont think taking him back to prison will change anything. His case is not normal

1 Like

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by moscobabs(m): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
Destiny can never be change!!!

1 Like

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by ylaa(f): 12:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
WHICH DEVIL?
NO LET DEVIL HEAR YOU OH!
IT MAY BE HIS HOBBY
emeka2847:
This must be the hand work of devil grin
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by gaetano: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
I'm still waiting for Ciroma Chukwuma Adekunle to commit crime so name checkers association will rest.

grin

8 Likes

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by ignis: 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
K
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by peterovanski(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
ylaa:
ASK US AGAIN?

They kinda look alike
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by DONSMITH123(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
imagine...
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by Seunaj05(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
When Culprits are not properly rehabilitated before integrating them into the society, this is wot happens. But I think this guy's issues needs the attention of the spiritual fathers, he's enchanted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by levelszik(m): 12:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
grin talk of hard luck cheesy
Re: Man Held For Robbery Day After Leaving Prison (photo) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
Return him back home. For him, PRISON is home grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How My Girlfriend And Her Boss Was Scam Yesterday.... / Gunmen Kidnap Chioma Nwosu Iheme, Court Appeal Justice / Dead Body At Artillery Bus Stop Port-Harcourt Needs Urgent Evacuation (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.