Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC (20580 Views)

How Saraki Bribed CCT Chairman To Dismiss CCT Charges - Sahara Reporters / Why We Won't Protest Against The Fuel Price Hike - PIC / Mohammed Adoke Recommends CCT Chairman’s Removal, Prosecution - Thisday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by authorityngr(f): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Wednesday defended its failure to put on trial the Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT), Justice Danladi Umar over the N10 million bribe levelled against him.

The commission said on Wednesday that its action was informed by the fact the facts presented against Umar were not sufficient to sustain his prosecution. The anti-graft agency said that the so called facts were mere suspicions which in law, cannot take the place of proof. In a memorandum forwarded to the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), the EFCC, however, confirmed that one Ali Gambo Abdullahi, a Personal Assistant to the CCT boss admitted receiving N1.8 million in 2012 from one Rasheed Taiwo standing trial at the tribunal.

The said Abdullahi was alleged to have used his salary account at Zenith Bank to collect the graft. In the letter dated March 5, 2015 and signed by the immediate past Executive Chairman of EFCC, Mr Ibrahim Lamorde, the complainant in the bribery saga, Mr Rasheed Taiwo, a retired Deputy Comptroller General of Customs was said to have failed to produce the alleged telephone conversations and text messages exchanged between him and Justice Umar.

The former Customs chief was said to have persistently claimed that he had lost his phone since 2012 and could not trace or recover it.

EFCC said....
http://authorityngr.com/2015/11/Why-we-won-t-prosecute-CCT-Chairman--EFCC/

1 Like

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by menix(m): 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
I hope this is not another stunt from EFCC..

Make I just dey ontop my Banana tree they observe EFCC..

5 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 12, 2015
lalasticlala ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin

The way you dance when ....you are told that CCT Chairman would still prosecute Senate President.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 12, 2015
Ok
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by MathsChic(f): 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Okay. Don't prosecute him and continue to encourage a corrupt public sector.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by damton(m): 2:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Would it be fair to say Saraki dealt a blow.
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by youaremad(f): 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
poli poli

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by malton: 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
grin

3 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by MadCow1: 2:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
Gbam!
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by 9jvirgin(m): 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
Gbese re o
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by uyidata: 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
ok
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by Swaggzkid: 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2015
kk, but thunder won't be stopped from firing their ass.

Apc party of propaganda . the excuse from efcc isn't good enough.

that CCT chairman is incompetent

3 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Supreme Court stops Saraki's trial.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by eph12(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
As expected sad Magu should not fall the hands of his praise singers. He should first of all go in search of facts and if proven to be mere malicious allegations no problem.

We don't want press prosecution. Ask your officers to silently go in search of evidence. If any found charge to court and if non found life continues smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by saint047(m): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Don't find fault, find a remedy. #PDPNatCon
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by Sasuwa(f): 2:15pm On Nov 12, 2015
Up
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by aydrees09: 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
Naija sha !!! Who would go to jail first ? They just turned us to football , passing us around. 90 mins go soon reach den we fight back.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by Dandeson1(m): 2:17pm On Nov 12, 2015
MathsChic:
Okay. Don't prosecute him and continue to encourage a corrupt public sector.
my God, Ur beauty is overwhelming; D
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by tonero92: 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
I hve norrin to say.... My first time on fp how many likes i go get
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by hertheytheydgee(m): 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
Rubish! SUE THE BASTARD.

OLE GBOGBO!
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by Gombs(m): 2:23pm On Nov 12, 2015
And they said we should not wail

...well, We're watching!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by senatorbayor(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2015
If truly the EFCC made such pronouncement, I feel its not encouraging to the fight against corruption.

Alleging that the evidence were not substantial enough is a decoy. what they need to have done was to invite the petitioner and the PA to Danaldi for questioning, take their statements and take up the matter from there.

Since the PA had admitted taking the money from Mr rasheed who was standing trial is enough evidence to prosecute the PA who will now tell the EFCC if his boss was in the picture or not.

Downplaying such accusation to me is not too healthy for our fight against corruption.

The EFCC is not a court of law to pronounce that an evidence or allegation brought before it is not substantial.

I look up to a situation where any one who also present frivolous allegations without base in order to score cheap political point or otherwise is prosecuted for such act. May be this will curtail such frivolities and distractions for our public officers who are ready to discharge their duties in line with the constitutional provisions.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by thefakestan: 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
U can get it from d network

If the phone was lost i'm sure the network providers have records of text messages and call, plus if the commission is serious about it they can retrieve it.

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Welcome to Corruption Republic of Nigeria
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by ezeomaigbo(m): 2:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
Na them them
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by MathsChic(f): 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dandeson1:
Lol tongue thanks

1 Like

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
Lol

2 Likes

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by free2ryhme: 2:30pm On Nov 12, 2015
grin

another dead end
Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by free2ryhme: 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2015
Dandeson1:

MathsChic:

Lol tongue thanks

Dandeson1, u saw a pic of a girl showing you what she expects you to see and you type those words out of insecurity shocked. You r such a daft angry

you are sickening

1 Like

Re: Why We Won't Prosecute CCT Chairman - EFCC by Kessyy2k4(m): 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2015
two zero( 2-0)on the score line for the wailers grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If We Have Weapons, Nigerian Army Can't Face Us - Shiites / It’s Risky For Buhari To Be Treated In Nigeria —omole / FG commences distribution of utensils to public primary school Pupils (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.