Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? (1358 Views)

"When It Comes To Women, Nigerian Men Are The Kings Of Africa" - South African / Why Do Nigerian Men Come Back Home To Marry? / Why Are Nigerian Men Crazy About Big Butts? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by ifihearam: 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2015
I am not creating this thread to bash or humiliate any man here but with my few experiences about we Nigerian men I came to a conclusion that we are hypocrites. You might be wondering why I said so but after my few points I hope I am able to convince you or better still educate my ignorance if am wrong. Below are my reasons.

1. An average Nigerian man will NEVER get married to a girl who already has a child/children outside wedlock in Nigeria but they are the first to marry a woman with children outside the shores of Nigeria.

2. An average Nigerian condemns a girl who smokes and drinks but are the first to look the other way foreign woman.

3 a Nigerian man would hurl all sorts of insults on a Nigerian woman who cheats on him or sends her packing when he suspects she is cheating on him but can't do nothing to a wife abroad even if he knows she is cheating.

4. A Nigerian man would be left all alone to cater for his kids whilst the wife goes shopping or clubbing but if our women tries it we label her all the bad names even lucifer would reject.

P. S. I am basing my hypothesis with what Nigerian men see everyday especially in South Africa. Hence I ask why accommodate wholeheartedly what we detest and reject in Nigeria. Your views are welcomed. Not to brag if you have dated a foreigner before you will appreciate out women and worship them when you come across them.

It should also be noted that it's not for security reasons ooooo because most of them are well to do and have their complete documentation. They are the bread winners. So why?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
Well that's because they have no other alternative but to get over it, especially concerning SA women. We grew up in different enviroments & when in Rome...
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by northvietnam(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2015
are u done

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 12, 2015
Oohhh yeahh..why Nigerian men think like this? shocked
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
U say?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2015
When u are in Nigeria, behave like a nigerian.
If u go yankee, my brother, if you behave like a typical nigerian there, its on your own peril.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2015
Wailers
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by joseph1832(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2015
OP, All what you said are just mere generalizations, nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by BrownCookie(f): 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
Atleast one Nigerian man has common sense enough to ask this questions.

So over to "Nigerian" men undecided
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2015
All of these are generalizations.

guys like me behave the same way to every one.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2015
Thank God I'm different

No preferential treatment; I treat em all same way
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Laveda(f): 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2015
In other words. . . Some Nigerian men are slaves to foreign women. . grin too bad. . .
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by ifihearam: 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2015
Teempakguy:
All of these are generalizations.

guys like me behave the same way to every one.

It's not generalization my guy it's what they see every day.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2015
ifihearam:

It's not generalization my guy it's what they see every day.
you are one person. you want to tell me you have seen the millions of nigerian men who are married to foreign women?

#FACT. abusive and dominant nigerian men shy away from foreign women.

#FACT. men who are polite to their foreign wives will most probably be polite to their nigerian wives as well. it is a matter of personality.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2015
ifihearam:
I am not creating this thread to bash or humiliate any man here but with my few experiences about we Nigerian men I came to a conclusion that we are hypocrites. You might be wondering why I said so but after my few points I hope I am able to convince you or better still educate my ignorance if am wrong. Below are my reasons.

1. An average Nigerian man will NEVER get married to a girl who already has a child/children outside wedlock in Nigeria but they are the first to marry a woman with children outside the shores of Nigeria.

2. An average Nigerian condemns a girl who smokes and drinks but are the first to look the other way foreign woman.

3 a Nigerian man would hurl all sorts of insults on a Nigerian woman who cheats on him or sends her packing when he suspects she is cheating on him but can't do nothing to a wife abroad even if he knows she is cheating.

4. A Nigerian man would be left all alone to cater for his kids whilst the wife goes shopping or clubbing but if our women tries it we label her all the bad names even lucifer would reject.

P. S. I am basing my hypothesis with what Nigerian men see everyday especially in South Africa. Hence I ask why accommodate wholeheartedly what we detest and reject in Nigeria. Your views are welcomed. Not to brag if you have dated a foreigner before you will appreciate out women and worship them when you come across them.

It should also be noted that it's not for security reasons ooooo because most of them are well to do and have their complete documentation. They are the bread winners. So why?

I could say the same about Nigerian women. I see the way naija babes throw themselves at whitemen in the club. whites, Lebanese, Chinese Indian, yet a brother's request for a dance is usally met with cold stares and hostile looks
U meet up with a girl and try to start a conversation and all U get is short crisp responses and bored looks but you see them all chatty and talkative around foreigners.
It swings both ways dear. your hypothesis though right only speaks to the menfolk alone.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by obiorathesubtle: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
ifihearam:

do you have any fcccking idea how valuable international citizenship is? As far as I'm concerned, I know what I married the foreign woman for. I don't care if she gives blow.jobs to horses. This country aint stable.(Lo agbariye). But if I get married to a Nigerian woman, I don't fcccking care if she has urges to club and do whatever! You're not setting a bad example for my children! Not while I'm alive! So its either you act responsible or you take the fire I breathe!

*drops mic*
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Nov 12, 2015
stupidity:
When u are in Nigeria, behave like a nigerian.
If u go yankee, my brother, if you behave like a typical nigerian there, its on your own peril.

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by ifihearam: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2015
BUTCHCASSIDY:

I could say the same about Nigerian women. I see the way naija babes throw themselves at whitemen in the club. whites, Lebanese, Chinese Indian, yet a brother's request for a dance is usally met with cold stares and hostile looks
U meet up with a girl and try to start a conversation and all U get is short crisp responses and bored looks but you see them all chatty and talkative around foreigners.
It swings both ways dear. your hypothesis though right only speaks to the menfolk alone.

Bro that's because they feel nothing good can come out of it only to count scores. They might as well change that mentality.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by LordOfTheWeed: 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2015

One of my uncles is married to a woman who has 2 children out of wedlock, and they're still living happily with eachother.. .. .. So therefore, this point is RUBBISH!

I'll be glad if my future wife smokes and drinks but not to stupor, I don't know about other guys but as for me, it's nothing!

Even if i get married to a foreign lady, i will react to a cheating wife the same way i would react to a fellow Nigerian wife. I've zero tolerance to cheating.. .. ..

Why on earth will a married woman go clubbing?

Bro, you are only generalizing, not all men reason the same way, you only typed all these coz you ain't exposed enough, if you are, you wouldn't have concluded with these stances of yours!
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by obiorathesubtle: 4:11pm On Nov 12, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:

One of my uncles is married to a woman who has 2 children out of wedlock, and they're still living happily with eachother.. .. .. So therefore, this point is RUBBISH!

I'll be glad if my future wife smokes and drinks but not to stupor, I don't know about other guys but as for me, it's nothing!

Even if i get married to a foreign lady, i will react to a cheating wife the same way i would react to a fellow Nigerian wife. I've zero tolerance to cheating.. .. ..

Why on earth will a married woman go clubbing?

Bro, you are only generalizing, not all men reason the same way, you only typed all these coz you ain't exposed enough, if you are, you wouldn't have concluded with these stances of yours!

Oya chop this knuckle now!

Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by LordOfTheWeed: 4:22pm On Nov 12, 2015
obiorathesubtle:

Oya chop this knuckle now!
Oga mi, na punch be that ooo embarassed
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by itstpia8: 4:38pm On Nov 12, 2015
Re: Why Are Nigerian Men Hypocriites? by obiorathesubtle: 4:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
LordOfTheWeed:

Oga mi, na punch be that ooo embarassed
hahaha. Na knuckle jare!

(1) (Reply)

19 / Where Is The Best Place To Look For A Husband? / Who Is The Winner A Or B...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.