Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

How I Got Belittled By My Boss... - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Got Belittled By My Boss... (31547 Views)

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / I Am Finished! I Must Avenge My Boss / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Codyt(m): 11:52pm On Nov 12, 2015
chymystique:
Lol.. That's what ITK can cause.. Take it as a life lesson and not like its belittling.. its normal for bosses to talk like that cause they feel they know more than you..
You should be glad he didnt even make some terrible remarks when you gave him your own design...

Ps "NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER"
I thought about liking your comment...but due to your approach, changed my mind. You suck lipsrsealed
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by BobUg28(m): 12:32am On Nov 13, 2015
Kai! Nigerians get bad mouth eeh. Haba!
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by BobUg28(m): 12:36am On Nov 13, 2015
Codyt:

I thought about liking your comment...but due to your approach, changed my mind. You suck lipsrsealed

...and what has that got to change? 250likes still counting...who knows if you like or you don't like. You guys should learn how to be appreciative and stop all this jealousy and hatred...Mtchwww

1 Like

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Codyt(m): 12:51am On Nov 13, 2015
BobUg28:

...and what has that got to change? 250likes still counting...who knows if you like or you don't like. You guys should learn how to be appreciative and stop all this jealousy and hatred...Mtchwww
Hello I can't even hear the hiss.... undecided
Lol see you. Accumulating "likes" like your life depends on it. God didn't create you like this... What happened to your common sense along the way.
Go and cash your likes at Gtbank. Cmon bruh!!!! tongue cheesy

*Shivers
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by BobUg28(m): 12:54am On Nov 13, 2015
olumide81:
Yes....keep ur ideas, it would be better used when u are alone, get the message and forget the carrier

Hahahahah!
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by BobUg28(m): 1:00am On Nov 13, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
even if the boss is seun's friend. He no go do anything, we know their type! Na 30k over sabi boss they pay as salary, it makes no diff if they sack.

Hahahahah 
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by BobUg28(m): 1:05am On Nov 13, 2015

Codyt:

Hello I can't even hear the hiss.... undecided
Lol see you. Accumulating "likes" like your life depends on it. God didn't create you like this... What happened to your common sense along the way.
Go and cash your likes at Gtbank. Cmon bruh!!!! tongue cheesy

*Shivers

Intelligence isn't a privilege...it's a gift use it well.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by fexyrich(m): 1:08am On Nov 13, 2015
Op all I would say to you is pride comes before a fall..Humble yourself and never outshine your master!!You are in a learning phase and one day might have your own company..You wouldn't like to be challenged by an employee or corrected publicly like that..Its embarrasing to do that.So keep calm and learn!!You don't even sound responsible!!

1 Like

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by sholay2011(m): 6:03am On Nov 13, 2015
'Don't really care about NL stories like this but having carefully read most of the OP's responses to comments on the thread, he clearly lacks social intelligence.

He is knowledgeable but lacks some basics of human behaviour. I hope he changes before he goes to his dream multinational firm and embarrasses himself by creating another thread of this fashion.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by favourlove1: 7:10am On Nov 13, 2015
All of you calling d op ITK are all pathetic n that's y we as a country find ourself in this condition. When a little child tries to correct an adult they say he is rude. When a people try to exercise their franchize they call them disrespectful. No wonder nija is d way it is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 13, 2015
My brother, dont allow whatever your boss said to you demoralize you.... "what year were you born I told him, he said that was the year I started this company"....for making this statement, it is obvious he is surprised at your young age, you have such great idea...see this as a propelling force to think ahead...come to think of it, how old was he when he started the company? Absolutely not when he was at your present age. So wave it aside...I've had similar experience and can relate perfectly with this. Cheer up! chin up and do not let anyone still your joy....

SSpeter:
I felt breaking my boss head after he made some derogatory comments that got me angry and belittled.....

Yesterday a colleague and I went to take measurements of a bank for renovation works in one of the tertiary institution in ogun state. My colleague been the senior was given the full details and equipment needed. When we got to ogun state, he gave me the equipment (tape and camera) and asked me if I could do it that he has a babe in the school. I said yes and he gave me extra 3k I guess that was to shut me up.

After taking the measurement of the floor area in the banking hall and other adjoining spaces, I took pictures of the tiles and ceilings just to show my boss that they were in a very poor state. When I got back home I used my computer to scale the measurements and then redesigned the banking hall.

The main aim of the renovation was to increase the number of cubicles in the banking hall from 3 to 7. Today when I got to the office, I gave my boss the report and showed the the proposed design I made, he said "Great". During critic session I was surprised that the initial drawing was brought out and he was redoing the design. Well I no talk, I watched until he was done instructing the architect. Then I compared his proposed design with mine and I quickly pointed out to him that he has used up much space for circulation moreover our cubicle spatial analysis is till the same.

He called me Peter!!! ....what year were you born I told him, he said that was the year I started this company. If you have things in your head keep it. When you establish your firm, use it. Na so everybody dey look me like say I shit for body. See me wey for just keep quite....If it were to be somewhere else, Na orijin bottle I for arrange untop him head...............that is why I keep praying for a multinational firm....abeg make I quickly go check my shell application status....
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Tolutheo(m): 8:40am On Nov 13, 2015
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Tafidah(m): 8:46am On Nov 13, 2015
SSpeter:
I felt breaking my boss head after he made some derogatory comments that got me angry and belittled.....

Yesterday a colleague and I went to take measurements of a bank for renovation works in one of the tertiary institution in ogun state. My colleague been the senior was given the full details and equipment needed. When we got to ogun state, he gave me the equipment (tape and camera) and asked me if I could do it that he has a babe in the school. I said yes and he gave me extra 3k I guess that was to shut me up.

After taking the measurement of the floor area in the banking hall and other adjoining spaces, I took pictures of the tiles and ceilings just to show my boss that they were in a very poor state. When I got back home I used my computer to scale the measurements and then redesigned the banking hall.

The main aim of the renovation was to increase the number of cubicles in the banking hall from 3 to 7. Today when I got to the office, I gave my boss the report and showed the the proposed design I made, he said "Great". During critic session I was surprised that the initial drawing was brought out and he was redoing the design. Well I no talk, I watched until he was done instructing the architect. Then I compared his proposed design with mine and I quickly pointed out to him that he has used up much space for circulation moreover our cubicle spatial analysis is till the same.

He called me Peter!!! ....what year were you born I told him, he said that was the year I started this company. If you have things in your head keep it. When you establish your firm, use it. Na so everybody dey look me like say I shit for body. See me wey for just keep quite....If it were to be somewhere else, Na orijin bottle I for arrange untop him head...............that is why I keep praying for a multinational firm....abeg make I quickly go check my shell application status....
48 laws of power. Rule number 1 Never outshine the master.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by gsalvatore: 8:58am On Nov 13, 2015
majekdom2:
@ bolded that's the mediocrity I am talking about and No , not all bosses are like that. I work for a company where my boss sees criticism essential to the growth of the company in meetings. I can't reconcile any post where OP made it look like it was superior, he was only trying to learn. Did you read where he said he compared with the original design. Pls read through and understand the kind of person the OP is. He admitted he is a junior staff. I see humility in the post. There is a difference between self esteem and pride. He felt bad and that was why he mentioned origin bottle.

I said Most bosses...i didn't say All bosses..geez!

Your boss accepts criticism doesn't mean other do like that...you are lucky to work for that kinda boss...

I think you have comprehension problem..I could dissected this Post bit by bit to make you understand(reconcile) but it will lead to more round of response bordering on semantics.

We all know the difference between Self esteem and pride. we know it when we see it..

How come other commenter on here see the OPs arrogance?

Do you know i can bet some quids that the OP till this very moment I'm typing this doesn't know the reason why the boss took the decision he is sad about? Do you think he cared to know why the boss trashed his own version? Isn't that a critic session?
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Psoul(m): 9:24am On Nov 13, 2015
SSpeter:
yeah never say your boss is wrong....Then why does he disturbs us with critic sessions...no be him tell me say I free to criticise? criticism was one of my selling points when he hire me ooo undecided

Pee my brother, u still seem not to understand dis. Ur boss allowed u guys for criticism not to tell him that he is wrong. The rule is never tell ur boss dat he is wrong. Make suggestion and never make him feel u tink u kw it more than him.

Pls correct this b4 it haunts u again in ur next job. I wont like this to happen. Dont be arrogant cos of wot u think u kw. I've spotted this in u. Secondly, if u think u r tired of that company, put up ur resignation and leave honourably. Dnt do something that will dent ur profile(dismissal/termination may not be good in ur profile). U may not knw who next that may intend hiring u. U kw all these bosses r connected in one way or the other. They may say good or bad thing about their ex-staff to intended employer.

So be wise bro.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by oladapoayo(m): 9:28am On Nov 13, 2015
Vacancy Vacancy Vacancy!![size=8pt][/size][/right]

I have a job for anyone that have experience in CCTV cameras installations
Knowledge of fiber optics, splicing and fault detection
Access control installation and maintenance
Turnstile and stand alone access control systems
Card readers installation
troubleshooting of electronics boards
the candidate must be smart and with electrical and electronic background
he will be working in on of the big company in Portharcourt...if you are not in Portharcourt, note there will be no relocation allowance

It is urgent!
forward me your CV on philliano2007@yahoo.com or ndtlevel2@yahoo.com. If you have all the qualifications call me on 07062265905
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by OfficialIYANU(m): 9:52am On Nov 13, 2015
SSpeter:

Probably in a rude tone or with a hint of pride. Correcting your boss is good must be done in utmost humility. What you don't want your subordinate to do to you tomorrow, don't do it to your boss today.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by ruffyola(m): 10:01am On Nov 13, 2015
chymystique:
Lol.. That's what ITK can cause.. Take it as a life lesson and not like its belittling.. its normal for bosses to talk like that cause they feel they know more than you..
You should be glad he didnt even make some terrible remarks when you gave him your own design...

NEVER OUTSHINE YOUR MASTER. I love it , the first law in the 48 laws of power. Hmmmm dis guy na effiko.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by buchi4us(m): 10:03am On Nov 13, 2015
He's the boss he has acknowledged your work before so allow him take decisions and make amendments. If ur an adviser to the president and if he doesn't implement it you quit ba. Don't be learner
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by lordsbiz(m): 10:39am On Nov 13, 2015
SSpeter:

lol, funny guy. But the truth is, the guy is the boss, like the yoruba's will say, what an elder see sitting, a child can not see standing. Dont be fooled by the ego of your pretty design, what you need do is go meet with him, apologise for the misunderstanding, if hes not using your pretty design it means its simply not good enough for market, just ask him to criticise your work and show u what u missed or over do. Alot of time what we think is not what there is. Use wisdom.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by HFMagazine: 10:46am On Nov 13, 2015
The Boss is never wrong!
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by jenviv29(f): 10:49am On Nov 13, 2015
pride goes before fall. Elders of nowadays felt that wisdom lies in their age group but they forget that: "experience if greater than grey hairs".
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by lordsbiz(m): 10:51am On Nov 13, 2015
SSpeter:
guy that is why we have critic sessions becos no body knows it all. It critic sessions you are free to criticise your boss work....
yea, u r sure free to criticise your boss work in a session, but "comparing his designs to yours" in a session like that is egoish. U r simply saying ur design is better in front of everyone. Thats the reason u got humilitated in front of everyone. Assuming u criticised his work without comparing your own, it would have being another story entirely.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by JhyMedex: 10:52am On Nov 13, 2015
chymystique:

Cldnt help bt smile after reading ur statement....

Read d 48 laws of Power...?
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by AndyAustin(m): 11:58am On Nov 13, 2015
broda carry on and nothing wrong. Except you get any other source of choppings, besides such incidents are everywhere, you meet different people with different moods and dispositions.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by Juzzybabe(f): 1:22pm On Nov 13, 2015
The second poster has said it all dear. you have to be humble if you wants the job. How i wish i could say much about the personality i works with and tell u to ask anyone that have enocunterd her to bear me witness to the kind of person she is. But i see it as a learning process. My boss belives in PERFECTION. If you must work with her,you have to be be perfect in all doings. If u miss at any point,you get more than insults no matter your age,size,status or whateva u think u are. you know what that means? Think about it dear and embrace humility. I dont see my office as just place to earn monthly oo,i see it as a place to as well learn. "NEVER OUTSINE YOUR MASTER" cheesy cool
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by crackhouse(m): 1:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
Sack without benefits loading..........
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2015
favourlove1:
All of you calling d op ITK are all pathetic n that's y we as a country find ourself in this condition. When a little child tries to correct an adult they say he is rude. When a people try to exercise their franchize they call them disrespectful. No wonder nija is d way it is
exactly why we never grow. a lot of bosses have low self esteem.
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by F22RAPTOR(m): 2:32pm On Nov 13, 2015
here is a bummer; if you think businesses are looking for the best brains then think again. bosses need a yes man, barely qualified, a butt licker, not someone who would be a threat to the boss which in my own opinion is a serious psychological problem. if u are too smart and brilliant u should be in an academic environment, or start your own business and hire fellow smart guys like you and the competition would be healthy, (techies understand this).
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by SSpeter(m): 4:33pm On Nov 13, 2015
F22RAPTOR:
here is a bummer; if you think businesses are looking for the best brains then think again. bosses need a yes man, barely qualified, a butt licker, not someone who would be a threat to the boss which in my own opinion is a serious psychological problem. if u are too smart and brilliant u should be in an academic environment, or start your own business and hire fellow smart guys like you and the competition would be healthy, (techies understand this).
definitely I look forward to having my own firm....is just that you need 2years work experience before you are qualified to sit for the professional exam...then you can be registered nd have your own firm....if not who get time.......
Re: How I Got Belittled By My Boss... by SSpeter(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2015
crackhouse:
Sack without benefits loading..........
guy if na benefit I dey hope for I no think say I go drive hummer for this life undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots, Blames Coronavirus-induced Economic Downturn / Thread For May 2021 BCS Certificate Exam / With A Capital Of N2M: Should I Relocate To Europe Or Open A Pharmacy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.