Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,838 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:45 PM

Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) (43063 Views)

National Assembly Service Commission / Unemployed First Class Graduate From UNIBEN Laments For Job. PIC / What Happened To National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by hedonistic: 10:59am On Nov 13, 2015
beginers:
I said, formerly, it is not correct. Is her case not a former one?

You can't even differentiate between 'former' and 'formal', and yet you're here debating a point of grammar! Nigerians are incredible.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2015
is dah introvert hahahaha lol grin grin grin
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by angiography(m): 10:59am On Nov 13, 2015
y'all bashing the girl should STFU. A huge percentage of us are unemployed or underemployed....

if we all take to the street like her and protest...from cbd to the three arms zone...ain't we gonna have the change we desire??

u guys Just stay here online dey bash person... fuuking complacent people.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by iamosamede55: 11:00am On Nov 13, 2015
Unclerukus:
You live under a rock? English is our official language.
Nigerians put too much emphasis on the language, especially the so called graduates that are underemployed. The language that puts food on your table is what matters most. They are some jobs that you will even need to be a pro pidgin speaker for you to get, example working in wazobia fm. Stop having a slave mentality
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by RELAN2446(m): 11:01am On Nov 13, 2015
go learn wrk.
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by Missmossy(f): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
Eyah this is what frustration can cause, too bad. Pity her so much. Trekking spree all for a job.

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by menshowng(m): 11:03am On Nov 13, 2015
hedonistic:
I'm a graduate, not AM a graduate. Isn't it shameful how most 'graduates' in Nigeria do not know the difference between I'm and am?

By the way, I need a job, not "I need job". Madam graduate, it's a fiercely competitive labour market out there. At this rate you might stand a better chance of getting 'job' by putting your School Cert forward and downplaying your 'graduate' status.
Shuoooo!!! U wicked o y u jus catch ha gbagun na lol
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by iamosamede55: 11:04am On Nov 13, 2015
Unclerukus:
It takes guts and WITS to survive in the labour market. She lacks wits. Am sure she can't write a formal letter talk less an essay.
The problem Nigerian graduates have is that they see white collar jobs as their haven, working in multinational corporate firms isn't the beginning and the end. What is she wants to work in a farm?
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by Welcomme: 11:08am On Nov 13, 2015
liubirth:
NAWA OH IT SEEMS THERE IS NO MORE JOBS IN NIGERIA.

www.nutjustoktv.com
There are not there is.
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by Kirigidi(m): 11:08am On Nov 13, 2015
hedonistic:

Some people don't understand the whole point of my initial post. The point is, the labour market is saturated, and things are getting incredibly competitive. It's ridiculous to rely on sympathy to gain advantage. Let's face it, if it comes down to merit (as it should), no serious employer would consider this lady for a decent white collar position.

She needs to work on herself. Regardless of other competencies or skills that she might possess, the ability to communicate effectively and fluently in one's primary language of education is the most basic defining characteristic of an educated person - a graduate for that matter.
Your point of view is very sensible and logical, and that is the truth of the matter. No doubt about it!

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by Toks2008(m): 11:08am On Nov 13, 2015
hedonistic:
I'm a graduate, not AM a graduate. Isn't it shameful how most 'graduates' in Nigeria do not know the difference between I'm and am?

By the way, I need a job, not "I need job". Madam graduate, it's a fiercely competitive labour market out there. At this rate you might stand a better chance of getting 'job' by putting your School Cert forward and downplaying your 'graduate' status.

Honestly i have come to believe that grammatical prowess is more of a talent than an acquired knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by Surejobsng(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2015
See grammar grin
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by mbulela: 11:14am On Nov 13, 2015
ivoatt:
How can "AM" start a sentence
LoL. You never see anything o
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by virginchaser(m): 11:16am On Nov 13, 2015
biz2get:

if you dey vex... you wont remember the correct spelling of most words grin grin grin wink angry sad

Bros, no excuse for error.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by luvinhubby(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2015
udomma1005:

And you must be very stuuuuuufid!
That guy gave the lady a technical knock-out. cheesy
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by cecegorz(m): 11:42am On Nov 13, 2015
hedonistic:

You're absolutely correct.
This candidate stands zero chance of getting a job in the competitive market; very poor use of English, poorly arranged write-ups and no creativity!
What about getting someone with a good hand-writing, and write in a straight line?
What about mentioning your field/qualification, like say, I have a BSc in Statistics?

Unemployed youths should know that you have to stand out to get a job, otherwise go and start your own business!
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by sirTesco(m): 12:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
hedonistic:

Pls I really want to know d difference btw 'AM' and 'I'M'.
At times it confuses me o.
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by femi4: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2015
"I am" not "am"

SMH for these generation of Nigerian graduates

1 Like

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2015
hedonistic:

She is a disgrace to graduates!
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by femi4: 12:10pm On Nov 13, 2015
sirTesco:

Pls I really want to know d difference btw 'AM' and 'I'M'.
At times it confuses me o.
"I'm" is the informal way of writing "i am". It is acceptable when writing to friends or someone you know very well.

On the other hand, "am" alone without the subject "I" makes your sentence incomplete
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by femi4: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2015
Unclerukus:
It takes guts and WITS to survive in the labour market. She lacks wits. Am sure she can't write a formal letter talk less an essay.
Even you!

1 Like

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by femi4: 12:18pm On Nov 13, 2015
beginers:
Formerly,''I'm'' a graduate is still not correct-It is ''I am'' a graduate. So, nobody knows it all and nobody above mistake.
"formally"
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by beginers: 12:31pm On Nov 13, 2015
hedonistic:

You can't even differentiate between 'former' and 'formal', and yet you're here debating a point of grammar! Nigerians are incredible.
''former'' instead of ''formal''; 100 % wrong and that is why I said nobody is above mistake, is it not true? And this mistake I made today may help me in my entire life because I can not misuse the two adjetives again. Thank you
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by beginers: 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2015
femi4:
"formally"
I had realized the mistake. Thanks for the correction- it is good to correct someone mistake than to criticize and condemn someone because of his or her mistake
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by texazzpete(m): 12:42pm On Nov 13, 2015
iamosamede55:
Nigerians put too much emphasis on the language, especially the so called graduates that are underemployed. The language that puts food on your table is what matters most. They are some jobs that you will even need to be a pro pidgin speaker for you to get, example working in wazobia fm. Stop having a slave mentality

Don't be ridiculous.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2015
hedonistic:

u have jjust commented my comment !
Tthat girl is one of those few girls who during her time in school continued with her native dialect. I'm sure she schooled in her state.

This is just the same reason many CV are not been attended to. In my office, I have helped a lot of ppl correct spellings on their CV b4 forwarding it, but right now I'm tired. Its not part of my job.
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by handsome86(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by handsome86(m): 12:47pm On Nov 13, 2015
POINT OF CORRECTION THE PRESENTATION WAS WRITTEN IN VANACULAR COUPLE WITH TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS ;DPOINT OF CORRECTION THE PRESENTATION WAS WRITTEN IN VANACULAR COUPLE WITH TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by SeanDada1(m): 12:50pm On Nov 13, 2015
sukkot:
WELL DAYUMM. she dont look like graduate though. jus sayin.

That's what you get when you graduate from a polytechnic or college of Education
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by PModes(m): 1:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
69MissedCalls:
foolish boys go start dey call the number grin

P.s if you employ this woman then she is smarter than you undecided
the number does not even go through
Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by PModes(m): 1:15pm On Nov 13, 2015
abiolekzy:

SHE IS SPEAKING?........
P.O.C... SHE IS NOT SPEAKING, ''SHE WROTE''

''MAKING HERSELF AND NUMBER PUBLICLY'' ......... Bad English tho, you can use another word apart from ''making''

''KIND GRAMMAR''...... can u please expatiate on that cos it does not make any meaningful sense

Can u now see that there is no difference between you and that lady,
N.B.......... CRITICISM IS BAD .

*meaninful sense* it's called tautology in grammar, you could've simply said 'it does not make any sense', u don't combine meaningful+sense like you just did. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic) by Keepshining(f): 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2015
contactmorak:
This lady was spotted yesterday walking around Abuja with that sign over and asking for a job. Decided to put it up in case anyone has a job for her. She looks like she really needs the job...

http://www.splendormag.com/2015/11/this-female-graduate-walks-from-fed.html
Chimo! See how madam graduate murdered English. Kai! My eyes dey push me, i no fit read the advert sef.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / N-power Batch C Applicants Receive Congratulatory Messages / FRSC: We Were Asked To Pull Down Our Pants For Medical Screening, Is It Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.