Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine (46377 Views)

Lord's Chosen Pastor Collects Guns Forcefully From Armed Robbers In Rivers / Ex-Boxer & Lord's Chosen Pastor Murders His Wife On Christmas Day In Anambra / Driver Shot Dead In Katsina By Customs Officer For Smuggling Contraband Spagheti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by examhall3: 3:16am On Nov 14, 2015

A Nigerian pastor, one Mr Chukwudi Okechukwu, who preaches in Tanzania, under the umbrella of the Lord Chosen Church of Nigeria, has reportedly bagged a 30-year jail term after being convicted of smuggling cocaine worth Sh3.1 billion.

According to reports, Okechukwu, who Anti-narcotics police allegedly believe is one of the top members of a drug syndicate operating in Tanzania, Nigeria and South Africa, was jailed alongside a South African, one Stan Hycent and Pakistani Shoaib Mohammad Ayazi over the same offence.

High Court Judge, Amir Mruma, reports say has ordered the accused to pay Sh9 billion in fines.

He and his three accomplices were reportedly hiding in a mansion in Dar es Salaam’s Kuduchi Mtongani suburbs when the police allegedly surrounded the house and arrested them.

Anti-narcotics police had received information about foreigners who were planning to smuggle into the country a huge quantity of cocaine and store it in a house in Kunduchi Mtongani.

However, a surveillance team led by head of Anti-Drugs Unit, ADU, Godfrey Nzowa, was deployed to keep an eye on the mansion that the preacher and his accomplices had rented.

The team had purportedly knocked on the front gate in their bid to arrest the suspected drug dealers.

Soon after the police knocked on the gate and introduced themselves, reports further revealed that the four suspects started running around the house in apparent fear and panic.

There was an alleged cat-and-mouse chase drama inside the compound as the police tried to get hold of one of the suspects as he was attempting to jump over the fence. Three suspects were arrested inside the house.

The Nigerian suspect was reportedly the only one who managed to jump over the wall but was arrested after a chase by the police.

Upon searching the house, anti-drugs police allegedly seized 81 packets of drugs which were later confirmed by a Chief Government chemist to be cocaine hydrochloride.

However, intelligence report revealed he visited Tanzania some years back and had made a name for himself as a pastor at his ‘Kinondoni Biafra’ church and won many followers.

The head of Anti-Drugs Unit, Nzowa, reportedly described their jailing as ‘another great achievement’ in Tanzania’s efforts to fight drug trafficking.

“Unlike a gun or pistol which kills people instantly, drugs are killing the young generation slowly. If we are not aggressive in fighting the illicit trade we may find ourselves losing the young generation,” he said.

Nzowa also added that drug business was a threat to national security especially when foreigners are left to operate in the country.

“The jailing of the Nigerian pastor and his co-conspirators brought to three, the number of high profile drug cases that have been heard and determined by the High Court in the space of three months.

“Early in September, the same court sentenced to 20 years a young Tanzanian, Fred William Chonde, to 20 years in jail after it found him guilty of possessing 180kg worth Sh 5.2 billion and ordered him to pay a Sh 15 billion fine,” Nzowa noted.

“Again last month, the court sentenced a businessman, Kadiria Saidi Kimaro, who attempted to smuggle 91 heroin capsules that he had swallowed, through Julius Nyerere International Airport, JNIA, to 20 years in jail. He was also ordered to pay Sh122 million in fine.”

Nzowa further noted that the speed with which the Judiciary hears and determined the drug cases has renewed hopes by anti-drugs campaigners who had accused courts of mishandling drug cases.

“There has been a concern that the way court handled drug trafficking cases might make it easy for the convicts to later secure freedom or bail in what could be viewed as disregard of the law,” he noted.

“Corruption and influence peddling by highly placed individuals have been cited as one factor that frustrates the war against traffickers.”

However, the judiciary has repeatedly defended itself over the accusations, saying shoddy police investigations and poor prosecution were to blame for the circumstance.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/11/13/lords-chosen-nigerian-pastor-arrested-in-tanzania-for-allegedly-smuggling-cocaine/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by clek: 4:36am On Nov 14, 2015
Just checking names. tongue.but
I don't belong to the association .

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by damton(m): 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
Say no to drugs

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by mubarakopeyemi(m): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
A supposed man of God smuggling coke
Man of God too wanna ball. Isokay. grin

Ehen before I go; Sorry pls awwwm what's that his name again embarassed

undecided can anyone find me his name?

I need to know his name grin

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by buoye1(m): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
I'm not surprised, i have never believed in them

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by naijapips02: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
I tell my brothers, and i keep telling them....what we need is social reorientation and pro-active followership. Having Biafra would not have prevented Okechukwu from doing drugs in Tanzania. When we have the likes of Okechukwu in Biafra that would still dent our image abroad and make Biafra even worse than Nigeria is right now. We need to get it right in Nigeria first, before we seek Biafra.

144 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Jusmudi(m): 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
who I won 4low, pastor deceiving us since d tim of Judas. Politician stealing 4rm d tim of John d baptist, women mis-behaving since d time of Jesus, men ar wicked since d tim of Ahab, even judges ar wicked since d tim of Pilate Hw can u tel him 2 pay 9billion is bad bt I dn't support d pastor( M.O.G Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) . If God nr cal u must u cal God?

10 Likes

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Built2last: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
If you came here to check name...you are a tribalist...no thanks to nairaland that has made you so.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
The Name Checkers, Food is Ready... Come and eat before its cold cheesy cheesy cheesy

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ndigbo sef

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by ibkgab001: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Location confirmed

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by totorimi: 2:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
Na so, they can only fool those they wanna fool.

1 Like

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Titto93(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
This is what happens when our leaders refuse to lead us well.

Let's blame the cause of the action, not just the action itself

5 Likes

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by yomalex(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
ok o
Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by kulobyno: 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
Chai
Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by phayvoursky(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
APPARENTLY; THIS DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING. DURING ISREAL'S JOURNEY IN THE BIBLE DAYS; GOD WARNED THEM OF MIXED MULTITUDE.

IN CORPORATE ORGANISATIONS THERE ARE WOLVES IN SHEEP CLOTHING.

IF THERE COULD BE A JUDAS IN THE TIME OF JESUS DEFINITELY THERE COULD BE MORE WORSE PERSONS IN THIS DISPENSATION.

WELL GOD KNOWS THOSE THAT ARE HIS. I SHOULDN'T HELP GOD IN FIGHTING HIS BATTLE.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Lakayanah: 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
I been think sai dem holy pass everybody wow!!!! So dem no dey exempted .see his coconut head olodo pastor, this title is overrated, most of them are criminals, rapist, murderers, adulterous people etc. That title should be scraped. Enough is enough they are a disgraced to Christianity.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by ZUBY77(m): 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
Pastor my foot.

Face the church or face drug business.

Either way, you are going to hell or Prison after.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by manmind: 2:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
Kwenu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Funjosh(m): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by sandrahnaub(f): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
Dat z really bad
Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
Name check- positive. Hard workers

22 Likes

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Brugo(m): 2:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
cheesy

Hardworking Biafran. Don't mind them, they're just hating. They are jealous of your hustle. cheesy cheesy Jews of Africa.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by abeniagbon(m): 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
All ThIS IBO ARE JUST A DISGRACE FELLOW. THEY CAN'T FACE POLICE NA TO THEY AROUND THE COMPOuND. EVery Drug business na igbo people we dey see. What wrong with you. Make UNA GET SENSE. ABEG

39 Likes

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by porshuch: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
Not disappointed!! grin

6 Likes

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by adesammy1(m): 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
It was only the Nigerian (Biafran) that was able to scale the fence...see talent!!!

38 Likes

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by lemolemo: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
That name never disappoint, not for once in the news when it comes to hard drugs . Every tribe does drugs but the Igbo brothers knows no boundaries and when to stop .

39 Likes

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
hmmm...our brother in d lord....chukudi....okechuku..chuk chuk boy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by gwales: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
It is them

7 Likes

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
hmmn..
lemme join d end time crew and say this "END TIME PASTOR!" grin

BTW,listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/

1 Like

Re: Lord’s Chosen Pastor Arrested In Tanzania For Smuggling Cocaine by Sweetyie(f): 2:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
Well I don't blame him, Lord's chosen pastors and most members looks wretched

3 Likes

chai.....cocaine....pastor.... angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jennifer Akudihor, Nigerian Woman On Holiday In The US Shoplifts Massively / Alexia Mupende Killed By Housemaid In Rwanda (Pics) / Man Set On Fire In Katsina Outside His House (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.