Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:15 PM

Ishmael Cursed By God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ishmael Cursed By God? (27783 Views)

Why Did Abraham Banish Ishmael? / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 3:28am On Nov 14, 2015
Ishmael Cursed?

The Angel of God gives a pronouncement about the child in Hagars womb.

(Genesis 16:10-12 ) 10 “I will increase your descendants so much that they will be too numerous to count.”

11 “You will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has hear of your misery.”

12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”

Did God cursed Ishmael Seeing what is happening today. You will conclude that The so-called Arab people are cursed through Ishmael shocked they kill others and also kill themselves. People hate them because they hate others. They like violence. Thier children live and grow up in a violent environment. They see nothing wrong in it. What exactly is this statement from God . Curse or blessing? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by omoplaycool(m): 4:00am On Nov 14, 2015
Waiting for the folks under me to say something
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Nobody: 5:20am On Nov 14, 2015
Hostility- that part is a curse. He is blessed in the other verses. Its not so different from the blessings of Jacob to some of his twelve sons in gen 49.

4 Likes

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by maverickboy: 7:50am On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:
Ishmael Cursed?

(Genesis 16:10-12 ) 10 “I will increase your descendants so much that they will be too numerous to count.”

11 “You will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has hear of your misery.”

12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”

Did God cursed Ishmael Seeing what is happening today. You will conclude that The so-called Arab people are cursed through Ishmael shocked they kill others and also kill themselves. People hate them because they hate others. They like violence. Thier children live and grow up in a violent environment. They see nothing wrong in it. What exactly is this statement from God . Curse or blessing? undecided
You have read bible that much, yet you don't seem to know biblical God's character quite.

2 Likes

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Scholar8200(m): 10:48am On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:
Ishmael Cursed?

No God did not curse him (a curse causeless shall not come)! It just shows the pattern of life the depraved nature he was conceived and born with will choose.Just like Esau was to serve Jacob not as though God cursed Esau but he was a profane person.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:53am On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:
Ishmael Cursed?

I was actually going to post this myself.

It wasn't a curse but a prophesy of what was to happen.

And we obviously see that today. Islam is the wildest religion on the face of the earth.

Majority of the nations of the earth are against Islam while Islam has contributed a lot of destructions to the nations of the earth.

An acid test to show the infallibility of the Word.

5 Likes

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by tartar9(m): 12:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
Jeromejnr:

I was actually going to post this myself.

It wasn't a curse but a prophesy of what was to happen.

And we obviously see that today. Islam is the wildest religion on the face of the earth.

Majority of the nations of the earth are against Islam while Islam has contributed a lot of destructions to the nations of the earth.

An acid test to show the infallibility of the Word.
go and check jewish history and Arab history and see who's really cursed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
tartar9:

I have a lot to say to you but you can't bear them now.

4 Likes

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Rich4god(m): 12:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
Make una free muslims na.... Its true that there are extremists killing pple in the name of Islam, but that doesnt mean every muslims out there is bad. Mind you, am not defending the religion, but the individuals. People have done more grievous things than what ISIS and their likes are doing, but the difference is that, in this 21st century, people shld hv grown past this stage of killing one another.

2 Likes

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
tartar9:

God blessed the Jews in riches and in knowledge - Jewish nobel laureates and billionaires .
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 1:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
maverickboy:
You have read bible that much, yet you don't seem to know biblical God's character quite.

You think you Know it all? Why would someone like Gideon asked questions and not me? angel greets Gideon, calling him a "mighty warrior" But before the angel can instruct Gideon in the way of the Lord, Gideon interrupts with a barrage of questions. See it:

Judges 6:13-14

"But sir," Gideon replied, "if the Lord is with us, why has all this happened to us? Where are all his wonders that our fathers told us about when they said, 'Did not the Lord bring us up out of Egypt?' But now the Lord has abandoned us and put us into the hand of Midian."

You see, Gideon just questioned God's goodness, His power, and His promises. Isn't this pretty heavy to you?. But the amazing thing is that the Lord did not chastise Gideon's questioning spirit. Rather, He answers Gideon with a task to accomplish. Its profitable to ask questions. And this particular questions i asked here was just to hear from fellow Christians. In respect of the Arabians so much atrocities.

2 Likes

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
muafrika:
Hostility- that part is a curse. He is blessed in the other verses. Its not so different from the blessings of Jacob to some of his twelve sons in gen 49.

Thanks for this. If you say one part is a curse and the other a blessing, why did the curse supercede the blessings? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 1:50pm On Nov 14, 2015
Scholar8200:

No God did not curse him (a curse causeless shall not come)! It just shows the pattern of life the depraved nature he was conceived and born with will choose.Just like Esau was to serve Jacob not as though God cursed Esau but he was a profane person.

Ok. So God doea not curse anyone then? Is it the fault of the child then?
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 1:51pm On Nov 14, 2015
tartar9:

Dont even go there... grin
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 1:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
Rich4god:
Make una free muslims na.... Its true that there are extremists killing pple in the name of Islam, but that doesnt mean every muslims out there is bad. Mind you, am not defending the religion, but the individuals. People have done more grievous things than what ISIS and their likes are doing, but the difference is that, in this 21st century, people shld hv grown past this stage of killing one another.

No hold them. Just asked a question. . wink
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Scholar8200(m): 4:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:

Ok. So God doea not curse anyone then? Is it the fault of the child then?
I did not say God does not curse anyone. (some who got cursed asked for it.) However, The descendants of Ishmael, like all men are born with a depraved nature and once such reaches age of accountability , becomes responsible for their actions and choices.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 9:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
Scholar8200:
I did not say God does not curse anyone. (some who got cursed asked for it.) However, The descendants of Ishmael, like all men are born with a depraved nature and once such reaches age of accountability , becomes responsible for their actions and choices.

Sure, I think God does bless and curse if He wants. Ishmael case to my ears does not look much like a promise but maybe an insult and perhaps a curse.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 9:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Sarah and her servant Hagar, a true story every woman should learn from.

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by smemud(m): 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
U are just a mere fritter
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Nobody: 3:44am On Nov 15, 2015
plappville:

Thanks for this. If you say one part is a curse and the other a blessing, why did the curse supercede the blessings? undecided
I don't believe it did. The descendants of Ishmael are multiplied, aren't they? They are at war but they are multiplying too.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by miqos02(m): 4:28am On Nov 15, 2015
great response
muafrika:
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 5:52am On Nov 15, 2015
smemud:
U are just a mere fritter

And you are...acerebral for saying that! grin
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 6:06am On Nov 15, 2015
muafrika:

I don't believe it did. The descendants of Ishmael are multiplied, aren't they? They are at war but they are multiplying too.

I suggested it does because nothing Good is coming out of this large arab people. The only religion they created is a blood drilling one. undecided I am not been racist here. But speaking out of experience. The Arabs are very large people. But they have bad reputation. Take example, one of my friend back in Nigeria. Her father has 26 children but none went to high school. No progress some married at tender age to survive and some police problem here and then. Some of her brothers are without job or wife and are already in thier 40's. Will you say the man was blessed rather than his neighbour who had only 4 children and manage to train them. And all the 4 are well to do? Progress is not really how large a family is but how well. Thats my own opinion anyway.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 15, 2015
the OT was mutilated by the jews without recognition, so it wont favour Ishmael and his decendants, for example 2samuel17:25 says jethro(also know as ithra) was an isrealite while 1chronicles2:17 says he is an ishmaelite. why the confusion? according to the Qur'an jethro(known as shuaib in arabic) was a decendant of ishmael making him an ishmaelite, who knows, maybe the verse that says ishmael was cursed is another rotten lie by the jews in the OT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Annunaki(m): 10:17am On Nov 15, 2015
lexiconkabir:
the OT was mutilated by the jews without recognition, so it wont favour Ishmael and his decendants, for example 2samuel17:25 says jethro(also know as ithra) was an isrealite while 1chronicles2:17 says he is an ishmaelite. why the confusion? according to the Qur'an jethro(known as shuaib in arabic) was a decendant of ishmael making him an ishmaelite, who knows, maybe the verse that says ishmael was cursed is another rotten lie by the jews in the OT.

Muslims and al taquiya, I just checked the two verses you quoted and both of them refer to Jether(not Jethro) as an ishmaelite. Must you twist the bible to promote your lies I am sure the best of deceivers(allah) will be proud of you.

3 Likes

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by tartar9(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

God blessed the Jews in riches and in knowledge - Jewish nobel laureates and billionaires .
since when out of there 4000 years history? the riches and noble prizes fell down from heaven ba.all these are recent happenings after so much suffering and realizing that nothing like chosen on this earth.they worked and fought for themselves instead of waiting for Yaweh.you're being shortsighted.

1 Like

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:40am On Nov 15, 2015
tartar9:
since when out of there 4000 years history? the riches and noble prizes fell down from heaven ba.all these are recent happenings after so much suffering and realizing that they are on their own,they worked and fought for themselves instead of waiting for Yaweh.you're being shortsighted.

So how are Arabs better ?

1 Like

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by tartar9(m): 10:47am On Nov 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

if you weigh the different situations both Arabs and Jews have found themselves in throughout their history and not just the recent happenings,then Arabs are far better.

1 Like

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Annunaki(m): 11:04am On Nov 15, 2015
tartar9:
if you weigh the different situations both Arabs and Jews have found themselves in throughout their history and not just the recent happenings,then Arabs are far better.

Arabs have been known for spreading terrorr all over the world for 1,400 years, how exactly are arabs better The biggest and worst problem in the world today(islam) was started and spread by arabs, does that make them better as well

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 11:14am On Nov 15, 2015
Annunaki:

Arabs have been known for spreading terrorr all over the world for 1,400 years, how exactly are arabs better The biggest and worst problem in the world today(islam) was started and spread by arabs, does that make them better as well

God bless you joor...terrorist is a blessing according to muslims. They are facing disgrace now everywhere. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 11:14am On Nov 15, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

BGAM!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by MrDude: 11:27am On Nov 15, 2015
The Jews have produce far more nobel laureate than any other set of people grin grin grin. While the Arabs on the other hand are always busy fucking their camels, fucking 7 year old toddlers and blowing themselves up. fucking Terrorists scumbags cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland / Abimbola Adelakun Held Hostage In COZA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.