Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,877 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Ishmael Cursed By God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ishmael Cursed By God? (27789 Views)

Why Did Abraham Banish Ishmael? / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
Kids are exposed to violence in Islam. The carry gun, the sword. But Jesus said this to the Christians :

◄ Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2015

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 6:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 6:03am On Feb 09, 2016
Updating the Ishmaelites and thier evil. They keep raping women in Germany.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Nobody: 6:56am On Feb 09, 2016
u re jobless.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Jesuismoi: 7:19am On Feb 12, 2016
ophy:
u re jobless.

PAINED! !! tongue
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Jesuismoi: 7:20am On Feb 12, 2016

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 12, 2016
Jesuismoi:

PAINED! !! tongue
and you are senseless..
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by reallest(f): 11:01am On Feb 12, 2016
plappville:
Ishmael Cursed?

The Angel of God gives a pronouncement about the child in Hagars womb.

(Genesis 16:10-12 ) 10 “I will increase your descendants so much that they will be too numerous to count.”

11 “You will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has hear of your misery.”

12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”

Did God cursed Ishmael Seeing what is happening today. You will conclude that The so-called Arab people are cursed through Ishmael shocked they kill others and also kill themselves. People hate them because they hate others. They like violence. Thier children live and grow up in a violent environment. They see nothing wrong in it. What exactly is this statement from God . Curse or blessing? undecided

Does dat mean ur God is d root cause of all d problem facing d world now

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by truthmans2012: 3:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
plappville:
Ishmael Cursed?

(Genesis 16:10-12 ) 10 “I will increase your descendants so much that they will be too numerous to count.”

11 “You will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has hear of your misery.”

12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”

Did God cursed Ishmael Seeing what is happening today. You will conclude that The so-called Arab people are cursed through Ishmael shocked they kill others and also kill themselves. People hate them because they hate others. They like violence. Thier children live and grow up in a violent environment. They see nothing wrong in it. What exactly is this statement from God . Curse or blessing? undecided

How would God call out a prophet from such a cursed and violent lineage? Would he want to put the whole world in crisis as in Arab world?
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 5:10am On Jul 23, 2016
ophy:
and you are senseless..

tongue
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 5:14am On Jul 23, 2016
reallest:

Does dat mean ur God is d root cause of all d problem facing d world now

Non, man has always been the cause not God. Man disobey Gods plan and divert things. Sarah, Abrahams wife didnt wait for Gods plan.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 5:16am On Jul 23, 2016
truthmans2012:

How would God call out a prophet from such a cursed and violent lineage? Would he want to put the whole world in crisis as in Arab world?

Ishmael was never a prophet. God didnt call Muhammad. It was Satan that called him. cheesy
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by truthman2012(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2016
plappville:

Yes oo. And Jesus said it that a time will come when the killers will kill christians thinking they are doing a service to God. All the churches they have bombed. All over the world. Muslims killing christians is fulling Christ prophecy.

But must we fold our hands for these satanists to continue taking Christians for a ride? They see us as stupid surrendering ourselves to be killed like chickens? Those who killed Jesus and the apostles were acting under the order of government of the day, they didn't surrender to a group of religionists. Of course, one would not expect them to fight with the government. But I think it is hight time we started defending ourselves, both at home and in the Church.

What do you feel?
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Demmzy15(m): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2016
Truthman2012 if you're hungry to be a jihadist, go join the Nigerian army and kill some boko boys or better still go join SDF(a kurdish rebel group) there are many Christian brothers there. At least with that you can kill ISIS members!
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 12:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
truthman2012:

But must we fold our hands for these satanists to continue taking Christians for a ride? They see us as stupid surrendering ourselves to be killed like chickens? Those who killed Jesus and the apostles were acting under the order of government of the day, they didn't surrender to a group of religionists. Of course, one would not expect them to fight with the government. But I think it is hight time we started defending ourselves, both at home and in the Church.

What do you feel?

The Apostles were killed because of the good work of Christ they were doing. Non of them killed to defend Christ or themselves. They sometimes hid from the evil people who hunt to kill them in order to prevent the Gospel from spreading. But they didnt retaliate in violence. Jesus prayed for God to forgive those who killed him. If the world Christian means Christ-like. Then a Christian should not retaliate violence with violence instead with prayer. Thats the Spirit of Christ even though its not very easy. Whatever the case may be, if it is Gods will for anyone to die when doing the work of God, so be it. The Muslims are following the examples of thier prophet who was a murderer, rapist, caravan raider, child molest and a total tyrant. So you can see the difference. Jesus said A good tree never bears bad fruits. All the terrorists we see today are traced back to Muhammed.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 12:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
Demmzy15:
Truthman2012 if you're hungry to be a jihadist, go join the Nigerian army and kill some boko boys or better still go join SDF(a kurdish rebel group) there are many Christian brothers there. At least with that you can kill ISIS members!

There is nothing like jihadist in Chritianity only in Islam. And only the faithful muslims kill. The moderate ones rant around net defending that islam is peaceful. . tongue
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by truthman2012(m): 3:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
plappville:

The Apostles were killed because of the good work of Christ they were doing. Non of them killed to defend Christ or themselves. They sometimes hid from the evil people who hunt to kill them in order to prevent the Gospel from spreading. But they didnt retaliate in violence. Jesus prayed for God to forgive those who killed him. If the world Christian means Christ-like. Then a Christian should not retaliate violence with violence instead with prayer. Thats the Spirit of Christ even though its not very easy. Whatever the case may be, if it is Gods will for anyone to die when doing the work of God, so be it. The Muslims are following the examples of thier prophet who was a murderer, rapist, caravan raider, child molest and a total tyrant. So you can see the difference. Jesus said A good tree never bears bad fruits. All the terrorists we see today are traced back to Muhammed.

The rate they are going in Nigeria, especially in the North, people must have been afraid to attend Church services now. These satanists do capitalize on the fact that Christians believe they should not relatiate and that is why they continue killing them. It is not that they are more powerful or have too heads.

There used to be a Church in the 80s in Kano, where the mumuslims would just rise in a day and start destroying the Churches and killing worshipers inside them. On a Sunday service these evil people came as usual to kill the worshipers but having been instructed by the pastor to come to the Church with weapons, the members rose to the occasion and dispersed the killers. It was then we realized that they too didn't want to die. The Church began in Kano as small congregation then, but today it is one of the big Churches in Nigeria. Had they not defended themselves, the leader would have been killed and God's plan for their lives would have been truncated by the Devil (allaah).

When Jesus was about to be arrested, He told the Disciples to get swords. He said those who didn't have should sell their coat to get one. Then one of them brought two swords. It was physical swords they brought to him. He knew He would be tried and killed and the Disciples will be defenceless and if they were arrested and killed equally at that immediate time, they could have succeeded in truncating the spread of the gospel
Even though we are not told where they used the swords, but He told them to have them for self defence.

For me, I don't think it is reasonable to allow the rif-raffs, those who don't have any stake in life, the almajeris to take the lives of those whose parents have invested so much, in the name of one stupid idol calling himself God.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by reallest(f): 8:34am On Jul 28, 2016
plappville:

Non, man has always been the cause not God. Man disobey Gods plan and divert things. Sarah, Abrahams wife didnt wait for Gods plan.
but i thought ur god is powerful,he could have find a way to avert dis problem,why did he fold arms and allow sarah and abraham [mere mortal] to destroy his plan?

1 Like

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 3:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
truthman2012:

The rate they are going in Nigeria, especially in the North, people must have been afraid to attend Church services now. These satanists do capitalize on the fact that Christians believe they should not relatiate and that is why they continue killing them. It is not that they are more powerful or have too heads.

There used to be a Church in the 80s in Kano, where the mumuslims would just rise in a day and start destroying the Churches and killing worshipers inside them. On a Sunday service these evil people came as usual to kill the worshipers but having been instructed by the pastor to come to the Church with weapons, the members rose to the occasion and dispersed the killers. It was then we realized that they too didn't want to die. The Church began in Kano as small congregation then, but today it is one of the big Churches in Nigeria. Had they not defended themselves, the leader would have been killed and God's plan for their lives would have been truncated by the Devil (allaah).

When Jesus was about to be arrested, He told the Disciples to get swords. He said those who didn't have should sell their coat to get one. Then one of them brought two swords. It was physical swords they brought to him. He knew He would be tried and killed and the Disciples will be defenceless and if they were arrested and killed equally at that immediate time, they could have succeeded in truncating the spread of the gospel
Even though we are not told where they used the swords, but He told them to have them for self defence.

For me, I don't think it is reasonable to allow the rif-raffs, those who don't have any stake in life, the almajeris to take the lives of those whose parents have invested so much, in the name of one stupid idol calling himself God.

I got ur points. It can be very annoying knowing that Muslims take advantage of the fact that Jesus said we should love our enemies. Those who want to kill you are evidently ur enemies. Yet you are call on to love them. This is a sign of total LOVE. You are not to revenge but allow God to do it at your place. Again, i dont see the sword as a physical one. Remember Peter brought out a sword. He might have misunderstood Jesus when he told them to buy a sword. The proof is when Jesus stopped him and healed the soldiers ear that was cut off. If you read further you will get the mesaage clearly.

It is wrong for a pastor to encorage his members to fight back with violence. Christinity is supposed to be a model to other violent religion. The apostles were arrested several times and beaten. God used his angels to set them free from prison. Thats how it is supposed to be. He allows things to happen for a purpose. It doesnt means He is weak. We know that at the time the Gospel have not spread as it should. God protected the disciplines so that they could spread it. But they later were persecuted and killed which fulfilled the prophecy of Jesus.

Romans 12:19 ►
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

We ought to put this verse to practice.

mathew 26:51-53
51At this, one of Jesus’ companions drew his sword and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear. 52“Put your sword back in its place, Jesus said to him. “For all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53Are you not aware that I can call on My Father, and He will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?…
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by toshino4real(m): 3:06pm On Sep 22, 2016
plappville:
Ishmael Cursed?

Israel also killed and still kills till today as all other nations of the world. U see curse but u don't see the blessing there, shame on you. They are more blessed than israel (fact)
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by toshino4real(m): 3:09pm On Sep 22, 2016
plappville:

I got ur points. It can be very annoying knowing that Muslims take advantage of the fact that Jesus said we should love our enemies. Those who want to kill you are evidently ur enemies. Yet you are call on to love them. This is a sign of total LOVE. You are not to revenge but allow God to do it at yout place. Again, i dont see the sword as a physical one. Remember Peter brought out a sword. He might have misunderstood Jesus when he told them to buy a sword. The proof is when Jesus stopped him and healed the soldiers ear that was cut off. If you read from further you will get the mesaage clearly. It is wrong for a pastor to encorage his memebers to fight back with violence. Christinity is supposed to be a model to other violent religion. The apostles were arrested several times and beaten. God used his angels to set them free from prison. Thats how it is supposed to be. He allows things to happen for a purpose. It doesnt means He is weak. We know that at the time the Gospel have not spread as it supposed to. God protected the disciplines. But they later were persecuted and killed which fulfilled the prophecy of Jesus.

Romans 12:19 ►
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.

We ought to put this verse to practice.

mathew 26:51-53
51At this, one of Jesus’ companions drew his sword and struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his ear. 52“Put your sword back in its place, Jesus said to him. “For all who draw the sword will die by the sword. 53Are you not aware that I can call on My Father, and He will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?…

You are even quoting from the book of the ''alleged'' killer of christ
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2016
reallest:

but i thought ur god is powerful,he could have find a way to avert dis problem,why did he fold arms and allow sarah and abraham [mere mortal] to destroy his plan?

Go and tell that to Muhammad whom his angel gabriel corrected allah on how many times you should pray. Ur allah didnt know you cant pray 50 times a day.

I dont have ur time. If i should. You will get tired.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 3:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
toshino4real:

Israel also killed and still kills till today as all other nations of the world. U see curse but u don't see the blessing there, shame on you. They are more blessed than israel (fact)

Leave Israel alone. Arabs are fighting them for thier value. Go and educate urself.

toshino4real:

You are even quoting from the book of the ''alleged'' killer of christ

Go and educate youself on this issue. tongue
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by toshino4real(m): 3:21pm On Sep 22, 2016
plappville:

Leave Israel alone. Arabs are fighting them for thier value. Go and educate urself.

Go and educate youself on this issue. tongue

They leave israel alone bcus israel went to their land, it is israel that should leave them alone
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
toshino4real:

They leave israel alone bcus israel went to their land, it is israel that should leave them alone

You have been brainwashed to believe a lie. .. cheesy grin
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by toshino4real(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
plappville:

You have been brainwashed to believe a lie. .. cheesy grin

See the brainwashed one saying someone is brainwashed.
Who is the original owner of the land?
Can you applied their method on another person's land today, you had been named terrorist and that is what israel is ''TERRORIST''

Can somebody come and take your own father's land now and continue being a friend with the person. If you know how many children Israel has killed and still killing, your mouth will be wide open
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by freshcvvs: 7:36pm On Sep 22, 2016
Annunaki:

Muslims and al taquiya, I just checked the two verses you quoted and both of them refer to Jether(not Jethro) as an ishmaelite. Must you twist the bible to promote your lies I am sure the best of deceivers(allah) will be proud of you.

You're too dishonest to be a christian. please take the backseat.

2Sa 17:25 And Absalom made Amasa captain of the host instead of Joab: which Amasa was a man's son, whose name was Ithra an Israelite, that went in to Abigail the daughter of Nahash, sister to Zeruiah Joab's mother.

1Ch 2:17 And Abigail bare Amasa: and the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmeelite.

This "my religion is better than yours" attitude should stop.
BOTH RELIGION ARE FROM THE SAME SOURCE=JUDAISM!

I doubt if you have any personal relationship with any God self. angry
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by alfarouq(m): 8:00pm On Sep 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God blessed the Jews in riches and in knowledge - Jewish nobel laureates and billionaires .
That's where you and some Christians get it wrong, you are so consumed by materialism that you think been wealthy means God has favored someone with blessings. Don't forget your bible said it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a wealthy person to gain the kingdom if heaven
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by alfarouq(m): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
plappville:
Ishmael Cursed?

So have you removed and threw away the verse in your bible that states
and as for Ishmael, I have heard thee, behold, I have BLESSED him, and will make him a great nation. KJV genesis17 v 20
I will allow you to complete the verse yourself.
Your hatred for Muslims and the ishmaelites will not land you anything except the wrath of the God.
I am sure if you have your way, you would have removed the above verse from the bible. You are the typical example of those the Quran says they chose to believe in parts of the scriptures that strengthen their positions and reject those that is against there whims and desire, they even provide interpretatations that suit their whims.
You started with a question as though you really wanted to learn, but after the way you reacted to various replies you were given, it showed what your true intentions were
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hostility- that part is a curse. He is blessed in the other verses. Its not so different from the blessings of Jacob to some of his twelve sons in gen 49.

Which other part is he blessed? He will increase but will never prevail, is that a blessing?

1 Like

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2016
Jeromejnr:

I was actually going to post this myself.

It wasn't a curse but a prophesy of what was to happen.

And we obviously see that today. Islam is the wildest religion on the face of the earth.

Majority of the nations of the earth are against Islam while Islam has contributed a lot of destructions to the nations of the earth.

An acid test to show the infallibility of the Word.
Hello My Love, You are still in NL? Long time no see ya nose.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pope Appoints Jude Thaddeus Okolo As Apostolic Nuncio In Ireland / Abimbola Adelakun Held Hostage In COZA / Amazing Accounts Of Near-death Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.