Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Ishmael Cursed By God? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ishmael Cursed By God? (27795 Views)

Why Did Abraham Banish Ishmael? / Most Nigerian Pastors Are Fake, Not Called By God – Oritsejafor / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2016
plappville:

Hahahaha.....this lady you three much ooo. Hiting Islam where it should GBIM in the head... grin grin

Lol. They have mouth to yap, let them bring it on.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by APCsupporter: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
Annunaki:

Muslims and al taquiya, I just checked the two verses you quoted and both of them refer to Jether(not Jethro) as an ishmaelite. Must you twist the bible to promote your lies I am sure the best of deceivers(allah) will be proud of you.

Pot calling kettle black. Imagine a christian calling someone a liar. Some of the top atheists in this section have made it clear that your religion is full of lies and contradictions
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by APCsupporter: 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
plappville:

God bless you joor...terrorist is a blessing according to muslims. They are facing disgrace now everywhere. .

Disgrace? May tell you that it has been proved to be likely to become the dominant religion in this world within some decades?

Darkness will never ever overcome lightn
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by reallest(f): 6:07pm On Sep 27, 2016
udatso:
Plappville
Let's assume you are right (God cursed Ishmael).
Why was he cursed by God? What crime did he commit?
Analice107.please answer dis question
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by HtwoOw: 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2016
APCsupporter:

Pot calling kettle black. Imagine a christian calling someone a liar. Some of the top atheists in this section have made it clear that your religion is full of lies and contradictions

What's your personal opinion? Must you hide behind other people?
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by APCsupporter: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
HtwoOw:

What's your personal opinion? Must you hide behind other people?

I don't want to sound biased or anything. I don't have anything against christianity though
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
reallest:

lolzzzz, Why me biko?

Let me borrow some people join myself.

Cc: MrPresident, 4everGod. abeg come and help me here.

Okay, let me start by by citing other instances.

Remember God is the Alpha and the Omega. He knows the end from the beginning.

He knows who we will all be and how we will react to our environments.

He had seen Ismael's end before he was born. (Terrorist).

Now lets see other characters God saw into their future and kept them back from his covenant.

Isaac had two sons, Esau and Jacob. why didn't God take Esau?

Esau was easily given to wantonness. He was carefree and didn't place value on sacred things.

With the wave of the hand he threw away his birthright. To us humans, we may take that lightly, but a man who can give up his very life for instant gratification shd not be trusted with something that Precious.

Check Esau's Family, and check Jacobs family.

Jacob was together. Esau was scattered.

One of his offspring (Amalek also from a concubine, named Timna) became to Israel(Jacobs descendants) exactly what the descendants of Ismail are to the descendants of Isaac today.

To taunt his parents for blessing Jacob, Esau went wild marrying from the tribes they were forbidden to marry from. He lived without minding who his father was and how he was raised.

God had seen that Jacob can instruct his children to follow the God of his father Abraham.

Jacob had 12 Sons. why didn't God Choose the first 4?

1. Reuben the first had woman issues. He had sex with his father's concubine, and inherited a curse. Would he have been able to resist Mrs Portipher? hmmm.

Simeon had Temperament Issues. Him and his brother Levi, attacked and killed a Scheme Prince, killed the king and all the strong men therein, because Scheme had raped Dina their sister then came to marry her. Would they have been able to forgive their brethren if they were the ones sold into slavery by their blood?

Would they have allowed Jacob and the entire family to migrate and join him as a Prime minister?

Now that they had power, wouldn't they have called for their evil brothers to be executed for their crimes?

With that kind of temper, hmmm.

with that kind of attitude, would they have been able to submit and learn administration in Potioher's house?

would they have maintained a right attitude haven been lied against and unjustly thrown into prison?

Judah, had already been predestined to carry the Kingly sceptre, so, was exempted.

Then down to the second to the last, "Joseph".

Check all the vises his brothers had in him, you'd find none. God saw him from afar and choose him to go to Egypt to preserve his people.

Mrs Potipher was readily, presently yearning for what Reuben snuck to steal. but Joseph resisted her. Even when, to today's youth, that would have seemed like an opportunity to hit it big.

If Joseph was a contemporary Nigerian boy, He would ve dived into that offer, seeing a way of manipulating his way out of slavery. But he said No.

It landed him in prison, yet his attitude was still pleasant. when gloomy, he asked why.

God knows who will succumb to pressure and those who will say, "If i perish, I perish".

God knows who will stand and carry his name to the end.

Ismail started manifesting his terroristic tendencies at a very tender age. Though raised in Abraham's home, godliness didn't rub on him.

And the LORD said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do;

For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
Genesis:18: 17, 19

Have you asked yourself why Ismail turned away from following the God of his father Abraham?

Someone will tell me that, him and his mother were sent away back to Egypt. But that is hardly the case, because when he grew up, he came back to his father. We are told that when Abraham died Isaac and Ismail buried him.

And his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre;
Genesis:25:9

He couldn't have buried his father while on exile.

Esau later married his daughter, this also shows that Ismail lived together with them.

Bottomline. God saw the terrorist in him and refused to let him carry his legacy and covenant.

1 Like

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
analice107:

lolzzzz, Why me biko?

Let me borrow some people join myself.

Cc: MrPresident, 4everGod. abeg come and help me here.

Now lets see other characters God saw into their future and kept them back from his covenant.

Esau was easily given to wantonness. He was carefree and didn't place value on sacred things.

With the wave of the hand he threw away his birthright. To us humans, we may take that lightly, but a man who can give up his very life for instant gratification shd not be trusted with something that Precious.

One of his offspring (Amalek also from a concubine, named Timna) became to Israel(Jacobs descendants) exactly what the descendants of Ismail are to the descendants of Isaac today.

To taunt his parents for blessing Jacob, Esau went wild marrying from the tribes they were forbidden to marry from. He lived without minding who his father was and how he was raised.

God had seen that Jacob can instruct his children to follow the God of his father Abraham.

1. Reuben the first had woman issues. He had sex with his father's concubine, and inherited a curse. Would he have been able to resist Mrs Portipher? hmmm.

Simeon had Temperament Issues. Him and his brother Levi, attacked and killed a Scheme Prince, killed the king and all the strong men therein, because Scheme had raped Dina their sister then came to marry her. Would they have been able to forgive their brethren if they were the ones sold into slavery by their blood?

Would they have allowed Jacob and the entire family to migrate and join him as a Prime minister?

Now that they had power, wouldn't they have called for their evil brothers to be executed for their crimes?

with that kind of attitude, would they have been able to submit and learn administration in Potioher's house?

would they have maintained a right attitude haven been lied against and unjustly thrown into prison?

Judah, had already been predestined to carry the Kingly sceptre, so, was exempted.

Check all the vises his brothers had in him, you'd find none. God saw him from afar and choose him to go to Egypt to preserve his people.

Mrs Potipher was readily, presently yearning for what Reuben snuck to steal. but Joseph resisted her. Even when, to today's youth, that would have seemed like an opportunity to hit it big.

If Joseph was a contemporary Nigerian boy, He would ve dived into that offer, seeing a way of manipulating his way out of slavery. But he said No.

It landed him in prison, yet his attitude was still pleasant. when gloomy, he asked why.

God knows who will succumb to pressure and those who will say, "If i perish, I perish".

Ismail started manifesting his terroristic tendencies at a very tender age. Though raised in Abraham's home, godliness didn't rub on him.

For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.

Have you asked yourself why Ismail turned away from following the God of his father Abraham?

Someone will tell me that, him and his mother were sent away back to Egypt. But that is hardly the case, because when he grew up, he came back to his father. We are told that when Abraham died Isaac and Ismail buried him.

And his sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah, in the field of Ephron the son of Zohar the Hittite, which is before Mamre;

Esau later married his daughter, this also shows that Ismail lived together with them.

Bottomline. God saw the terrorist in him and refused to let him carry his legacy and covenant.

Analice after you have flogged and thoroughly responded to the question ýou are seeking for tag team partners?

Job well done and question well answered
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 8:55pm On Sep 27, 2016
4everGod:

Analice after you have flogged and thoroughly responded to the question ýou are seeking for tag team partners?

Job well done and question well answered
Oh Yeah? Its well oo. Thanks for your kind words.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2016
toshino4real:

See the brainwashed one saying someone is brainwashed.
Who is the original owner of the land?
Can you applied their method on another person's land today, you had been named terrorist and that is what israel is ''TERRORIST''

Can somebody come and take your own father's land now and continue being a friend with the person. If you know how many children Israel has killed and still killing, your mouth will be wide open

How much of History do you know?

In 70AD when the Nation of Israel where exiled by the Roman empire, was there any village, community, state or nation anywhere in the world called Palestine?

Do you realize that the land you fight to steal today is where Jesus was originally from? Bethelehem is the birth place of Christ, The City of David, today Islam claims it as Its own, How?

Must you steal everything from the Jews?

Is Jesus of Nazareth an Arab Palestinian?

Do you know that Syria, Lebanon, Egypt were not Arabic Nations?

At what point in history did they become Arabs for the Arab League to fight by all means to claim the land of Israel?

Islam told Abraham and made him a Muslim, but Sarah and her Children weren't.

Islam or Muhammed did not remember that Abraham married another wife after Sarah died(Keturah) and had six other Children. Those were not Muslims oo. Only Ismail.

Islam seeks to steal every prominent thing or characters from the Jews.

They will keep increasing, and you'll keep decreasing.

YOU ARE CURSED.

1 Like

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2016
freshcvvs:

You're too dishonest to be a christian. please take the backseat.

2Sa 17:25 And Absalom made Amasa captain of the host instead of Joab: which Amasa was a man's son, whose name was Ithra an Israelite, that went in to Abigail the daughter of Nahash, sister to Zeruiah Joab's mother.

1Ch 2:17 And Abigail bare Amasa: and the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmeelite.

This "my religion is better than yours" attitude should stop.
BOTH RELIGION ARE FROM THE SAME SOURCE=JUDAISM!

I doubt if you have any personal relationship with any God self. angry

You don't even know how to lie. which both religions are from the same source?

Islam has its source traced to Iranian Hubal the moon god, hence the crescent moon and star as Islamic symblo. I guess you don't even know that, as you know nothing about your religion.
The same insignia for Ancient Hubal, is the crescent moon and a single star which Islam flies everywhere today.

I guess you dont know the Origin of the Ramadan you celebrate. The Hajj do you know its origin?

Guy, go Siddon somewhere.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2016
alfarouq:

So have you removed and threw away the verse in your bible that states
and as for Ishmael, I have heard thee, behold, I have BLESSED him, and will make him a great nation. KJV genesis17 v 20
I will allow you to complete the verse yourself.
Your hatred for Muslims and the ishmaelites will not land you anything except the wrath of the God.
I am sure if you have your way, you would have removed the above verse from the bible. You are the typical example of those the Quran says they chose to believe in parts of the scriptures that strengthen their positions and reject those that is against there whims and desire, they even provide interpretatations that suit their whims.
You started with a question as though you really wanted to learn, but after the way you reacted to various replies you were given, it showed what your true intentions were

Typical muslim, speaking from both sides of the mouth. Didnt you just tell KingEbukasblog that material wealth doesnt determine Gods blessings?

Besides, the blessing God gave to Ismail was earthly and temporal.

But when God promised to bless Abraham's seed it wasn't material, but Covenantal.

God choose Isaac to carry his covenant, because he saw the gentlemanliness in him, unlike the rogue Ismail.

Hear is what Apostle Paul says. And this is the reason Muslims hate him so much.

He told us exactly who you are, Slaves.

For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.
Galatians:4:22

But he who was of the slavewoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.
Galatians:4:23

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.
Galatians:4:24

For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.
Galatians:4:25

Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.
Galatians:4:28

But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
Galatians:4:29

Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the slavewoman and her son: for the son of the slavewoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
Galatians:4:30

So then, brethren, we are not children of the slavewoman, but of the free.
Galatians:4:31

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 11:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
reallest:

Do what ask u to do or shut d Bleep up,whats my business with Muhammad or Allah?y can't ur Yahweh stop mere mortal from destroying his plan if he is not clueless
I forgot that you are the insolent, ill mannered brat with lack of proper home training. i should not have responded to you.

If you dont know how to address people in public you learn. Are you an Urchin?
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 11:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
reallest:
The next time you mention me, may you choke on your tongue.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by freshcvvs: 1:07am On Sep 28, 2016
analice107:

You don't even know how to lie. which both religions are from the same source?

Islam has its source traced to Iranian Hubal the moon god, hence the crescent moon and star as Islamic symblo. I guess you don't even know that, as you know nothing about your religion.
The same insignia for Ancient Hubal, is the crescent moon and a single star which Islam flies everywhere today.

I guess you dont know the Origin of the Ramadan you celebrate. The Hajj do you know its origin?

Guy, go Siddon somewhere.

u b small pikin for history so no need stressing myself.

ask google
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by ojuu4u(m): 2:38am On Sep 28, 2016
lexiconkabir:
the OT was mutilated by the jews without recognition, so it wont favour Ishmael and his decendants, for example 2samuel17:25 says jethro(also know as ithra) was an isrealite while 1chronicles2:17 says he is an ishmaelite. why the confusion? according to the Qur'an jethro(known as shuaib in arabic) was a decendant of ishmael making him an ishmaelite, who knows, maybe the verse that says ishmael was cursed is another rotten lie by the jews in the OT.

If it was distorted acording to wat u said, y discedants of ismhael hate people nd people hate them why always into destructions,maiming nd killings as prophesised? Even Ogun, Obatala ,Sango worshipers pple dnt hate them like desendants of ishael. If islam is nt descendants of ishamel who u tink is? Christian, judism, budism, traditional etc
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by reallest(f): 7:36am On Sep 28, 2016
analice107:

The next time you mention me, may you choke on your tongue.
What do I expect from a Yahweh monster worshipper if not this,someone is shame to defend her sky daddy
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by reallest(f): 7:40am On Sep 28, 2016
analice107:

I forgot that you are the insolent, ill mannered brat with lack of proper home training. i should not have responded to you.

If you dont know how to address people in public you learn. Are you an Urchin?
See who is accusing me of lack of home training, u must be *******,if not for some MOD dat will ban me,so u can accuse me of using of not too good words on u?answer d qwestion or shut the bleep up
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by promise10: 8:03am On Sep 28, 2016
reallest:

What do I expect from a Yahweh monster worshipper if not this,someone is shame to defend her sky daddy
The meaning of God is not sky daddy!

Stop faking out name to console yourself!

And by the way what about people like you who have NO conscience?
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by reallest(f): 8:12am On Sep 28, 2016
promise10:

The meaning of God is not sky daddy!

Stop faking out name to console yourself!

And by the way what about people like you who have NO conscience?

If u have conscience u will never be worshipper of dat monster
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by promise10: 8:49am On Sep 28, 2016
reallest:

You don't have to talk to me about conscience, because you don't how it looks because you don't have it.

You deny it everytime, and call it non-existent. How come are you telling that if I have a non-existent something,......

So, having a non-existent something would make one to make better decisions according to you, right?
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by reallest(f): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2016
promise10:

You don't have to talk to me about conscience, because you don't how it looks because you don't have it.

You deny it everytime, and call it non-existent. How come are you telling that if I have a non-existent something,......

So, having a non-existent something would make one to make better decisions according to you, right?

con·science
ˈkän(t)SHəns/
noun
an inner feeling or voice viewed as acting as a guide to the rightness or wrongness of one's behavior.
"he had a guilty conscience about his desires"
If u need one sky daddy to tell u what dis ^^^^ mean den ur case is smh

1 Like

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 10:36am On Sep 28, 2016
freshcvvs:

u b small pikin for history so no need stressing myself.
ask google
Refute what i wrote or run away. Who shd ask google? i or you?
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by udatso: 2:55pm On Sep 28, 2016
Thanks for the reply but there are so many loopholes which I will be addressing. I know I wasn't the one that directly asked you so you can chose to continue the conversation with me or not
analice107:

It is true God knows all but that doesn't mean that God punishes offenders even before they commit the sin. If this is your point, then you will be contradicting the unconditional love of the Christian God
In Mathew Jesus tells us that
"Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven” Mathew 18vs3
This gives the idea that children are innocent. The op tries to make us understand that Ishmael was cursed even before he was given birth to. Hear him

12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”
[/color]

Did God cursed Ishmael Seeing what is happening today. You will conclude that The so-called Arab people are cursed through Ishmael shocked they kill others and also kill themselves. People hate them because they hate others. They like violence. Thier children live and grow up in a violent environment. They see nothing wrong in it. What exactly is this statement from God . Curse or blessing? undecided

Keeping people from covenants is different from cursing. If you are cursed by God, that's how you will behave. You can't help it.
Are you implying God is cursing a little baby in his mother's womb for sins he will commit in the future.

With all due respect this is a different case. I am sure if God denied them anything, it's because of their actions or their ways. But here Ishmael is cursed as a child. I hope you get the difference?

Except he was cursed even before he was born as pointed out by the op here

11 “You will give birth to a son. You shall name him Ishmael, for the Lord has hear of your misery.”

12 “He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone’s hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.”
[/color]
You confidently said "Ishmael started manifesting his terroristic tendencies at a very tender age"
With regards to your comment above, I would like to demand the following :
1. What are these terroristic tendencies he manifested at a tender age?
2. Support your answers with biblical verses.

Even if you are right he did commit these crimes as a kid, are you saying that if such a kid dies in such act, he will be punished by God?

I am sorry this doesn't still justify why an infant was cursed.

Except that wasn't all, he was cursed too even before conceived.
It is understandable that God refused him to carry his legacy because he saw what he would become. But does that also justify the curse If kids are not accountable until they reach an age they can make decisions for themselves?
IF so, how do you justify unconditional love of God if He curses kids before they are born?
analice107 I hope you address these concerns
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by analice107: 11:31pm On Sep 28, 2016
udatso:
Thanks for the reply but there are so many loopholes which I will be addressing. I know I wasn't the one that directly asked you so you can chose to continue the conversation with me or not
It is true God knows all but that doesn't mean that God punishes offenders even before they commit the sin. If this is your point, then you will be contradicting the unconditional love of the Christian God
In Mathew Jesus tells us that
"Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven” Mathew 18vs3
This gives the idea that children are innocent. The op tries to make us understand that Ishmael was cursed even before he was given birth to. Hear him

Keeping people from covenants is different from cursing. If you are cursed by God, that's how you will behave. You can't help it.
Are you implying God is cursing a little baby in his mother's womb for sins he will commit in the future.

With all due respect this is a different case. I am sure if God denied them anything, it's because of their actions or their ways. But here Ishmael is cursed as a child. I hope you get the difference?

Except he was cursed even before he was born as pointed out by the op here

You confidently said "Ishmael started manifesting his terroristic tendencies at a very tender age"

Even if you are right he did commit these crimes as a kid, are you saying that if such a kid dies in such act, he will be punished by God?

I am sorry this doesn't still justify why an infant was cursed.

Except that wasn't all, he was cursed too even before conceived.
It is understandable that God refused him to carry his legacy because he saw what he would become. But does that also justify the curse If kids are not accountable until they reach an age they can make decisions for themselves?
IF so, how do you justify unconditional love of God if He curses kids before they are born?
analice107 I hope you address these concerns

It's good we have established the fact that God is All knowing. He knows and sees our tomorrow today. this said.

God saw Islam and their activities in the loins of Ismail even before he was born. God didn't even need to lay a curse on him, by reason of his activities, he had attracted a curse to himself, and his descendants by extension.

The Lord says "A Curse causeless shall not stand". Proverbs 26:2 Curses cannot hurt you unless you deserve them. They are like birds that fly by and never light.

Meaning, without a reason, a curse laid on anyone won't be effective. Something must have been done to activate a curse.

The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesses the habitation of the just.
Proverbs:3:33

... the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
Ezekiel:18:20

like i said earlier, God didn't need to curse Ismail, his wickedness had brought a curse on him already.

And the child grew, and was weaned: and Abraham made a great feast the same day that Isaac was weaned.

And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking.
Genesis:21: 8-9

His character depicted the nature of Muslims today.

It doesn't bother you that Muslims can gear their 4yrs old kids to go explode and kill himself together with non-Muslims? That is a people cursed by themselves.

Ismail attracted the curse which came on him by his activities.

And, lets get one thing here clear, the prophecy did not come pass in Ismael's life, it began fulfillment as Muhammed stepped on the World's stage till today.

Muhammed was a wicked man. A very wicked man. And, anyone who emulates him turns out very wicked. And the wickedness of wicked, shall come upon the wicked nah.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
reallest:

Hey, calm down sweetie! Control your emotions and do not let them get the best of you!
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by reallest(f): 4:48pm On Sep 29, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Hey, calm down sweetie! Control your emotions and do not let them get the best of you!
Thanks jare
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
reallest:

Thanks jare
I am a Christian tho but I have no problem with atheists. Please avoid any taunts from my Christian friends and do not let them set you off edge.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by udatso: 10:47am On Sep 30, 2016
analice107:

It's good we have established the fact that God is All knowing. He knows and sees our tomorrow today. this said.

God saw Islam and their activities in the loins of Ismail even before he was born. God didn't even need to lay a curse on him, by reason of his activities, he had attracted a curse to himself, and his descendants by extension.

The Lord says "A Curse causeless shall not stand". Proverbs 26:2 Curses cannot hurt you unless you deserve them. They are like birds that fly by and never light.

Meaning, without a reason, a curse laid on anyone won't be effective. Something must have been done to activate a curse.

The curse of the LORD is in the house of the wicked: but he blesses the habitation of the just.
Proverbs:3:33

... the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.
Ezekiel:18:20

like i said earlier, God didn't need to curse Ismail, his wickedness had brought a curse on him already.

And the child grew, and was weaned: and Abraham made a great feast the same day that Isaac was weaned.

And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking.
Genesis:21: 8-9

His character depicted the nature of Muslims today.

It doesn't bother you that Muslims can gear their 4yrs old kids to go explode and kill himself together with non-Muslims? That is a people cursed by themselves.

Ismail attracted the curse which came on him by his activities.

And, lets get one thing here clear, the prophecy did not come pass in Ismael's life, it began fulfillment as Muhammed stepped on the World's stage till today.

Muhammed was a wicked man. A very wicked man. And, anyone who emulates him turns out very wicked. And the wickedness of wicked, shall come upon the wicked nah.
So you disagree with the op Who believes Ishmael was cursed using the verses in the op
You didn't address this

Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 1:45pm On Sep 30, 2016
reallest:

Stop complaining buddy,just tell me who is to blame if not ur clueless Yahweh who was clueless to d extend dat mere mortals were able to utter his plan.if u can tell me den I will advise you to stop dis useless thread u re opening

You signature. .. tongue
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 2:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
udatso:

I didn't ask for the reason why God was on Sarah side. This isn't about sides. I simply asked you Why Was Ismael cursed? Let me rephrase it
What was Ishmael 'S crime that lead to him be cursed?

Use your brain to fish out something.

But God said to him, “Do not be so distressed about the boy and your slave woman. Listen to whatever Sarah tells you, because it is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned. I will make the son of the slave into a nation also, because he is your offspring.” (Genesis 21:8-13, NIV)

Cant you see the Ishmaelites are very large. Large yes, but troublesome people. Not peaceful at all.
Re: Ishmael Cursed By God? by plappville(f): 2:05pm On Sep 30, 2016
udatso:

Oh trust me, I have alot to do unlike many of your friends and praise singers. Check the dates of the two quotes. There's a day interval between them.
BTW you are yet to give the reply to the question I asked

It doesn't matters how long it takes for one to reply you. We all have our lives outside NL. Who are my friends here?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abimbola Adelakun Held Hostage In COZA / Questions For Christians: Is the Catholic Church The First Church? / Amazing Accounts Of Near-death Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.