Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] (2010 Views)

How We Plan To Cripple Nigeria, If Nnamdi Kanu Is Not Released In 7 Days –MASSOB / We Are Unsure If Our Son Is Alive- Nnamdi Kanu Parent. / Nnamdi Kanu May Not Be Alive - Parents Raise Fear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Titto93(m): 6:40am On Nov 14, 2015
* Say they have been denied access to see him
* Demand his immediate release
By Anayo Okoli

PARENTS of detained promoter of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu have
urged the Federal Government to order the release their son from
detention.

His father, the monarch of Isiama Afaraukwu in Umuahia North
Council Area of Abia State said he was surprised at the prolonged
detention of his son.

Addressing journalists at his Ome Udo Palace, Eze Israel Kanu, flanked by his wife, Ugoeze Nnenne Kanu, said that they were worried at the ordeal their first son has been passing through.

“I am pleading with the Federal Government to release my son. Let his freedom be restored. I am aware that in Nigeria the Constitution guarantee freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

“I am surprised that my son is being detained.
I have been asking why he is being held
without getting an answer,” Eze Kanu lamented.

The monarch further lamented that the agony of the family has been
compounded due to their inability to have access to the detained
activist, noting that they are not sure that he is alive.

“I was confused because my son was coming to see me when he was
arrested. When I asked where he was arrested they said Abuja. I sent
to confirm his state of health and the report I got is that he is alive,
that is why I am able to talk now”.

Eze Kanu however, disclosed that his son, born during the Nigeria-
Biafra war, has never discussed his pro-Biafran activism with him,
pointing out that he is not the trouble making type.

According to the monarch, “my son is not a trouble maker, and his
campaign reflects the mind of the majority of the people in the South
East geopolitical zone given the protests that have trailed his arrest
and detention.’’

On whether he could influence his son to drop the agitation, Eze Kanu
said he could not guarantee that as his son is a full fledged adult.
“My son is an adult and fully matured to be able to express his mind
on any issue”.

Nnamdi’s mother, Ugoeze Kanu who also spoke, said that, she
wondered why he should be made to suffer for saying the truth.
“The Bible tells us that truth shall set us free. But in Nigeria we are
being made to understand that truth is bitter and can even lead to
death.
“As a mother, it is painful, I will not deny him, he is my son, but in a
democracy I know there is freedom of speech.”

source: www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/were-unsure-if-nnamdi-kanu-is-alive-parents/

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Unionised(m): 6:43am On Nov 14, 2015
Mama, where you dey when your pikin go dey foment trouble?

E dey come, ehn.

On a higher assignment...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by ReskpetNobleman(m): 6:46am On Nov 14, 2015
Unionised:

E dey come, ehn.

Shut de Bleep off o yea mocking bird

9 Likes

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Nobody: 6:55am On Nov 14, 2015
Unionised:

E dey come, ehn.

Forment which trouble...
I think is buhari is the one formenting trouble...
Why can't he have his freedom of speech again
Democratic government indeed.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 6:58am On Nov 14, 2015
Titto93:

“I am pleading with the Federal Government to release my son. Let his freedom be restored. I am aware that in Nigeria the Constitution guarantee freedom of speech and freedom of expression.

It seems this man is high on early morning "palm wine"
So, because there is freedom of speech, that makes him (Nnamdi) to order for the killing of other tribes?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Unionised(m): 6:59am On Nov 14, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:

Forment which trouble...
I think is buhari is the one formenting trouble...
Why can't he have his freedom of speech again
Democratic government indeed.

I think we Nigerians have a romantic view of what Freedom of Speech really means.

Wake up!
It doesn't exist anywhere!

A very thin line indeed...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by mysyto(m): 7:00am On Nov 14, 2015
Nnamdi kanu is playing a script that the nigerian government fall into his trap.....but everything that has advantage also av disadvantage...
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Unionised(m): 7:01am On Nov 14, 2015
ReskpetNobleman:

Shut de Bleep off o yea mocking bird

And sit your a.ss down, o ye blind defender.

What do you know...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:06am On Nov 14, 2015
bugzbunny:

Which people hv he killed..
Who gave which order..
Abokki... Go man ur gate..
Getaway

I know one jobless ipod bastttard, who does nothing but typing trash all over Nairaland 24/7 will quote me.

E pain am.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by bugzbunny: 7:07am On Nov 14, 2015
Useless... Lawless country
Where illiterate cow rearers are leaders
Bloody islamists
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 14, 2015
Unionised:

I think we Nigerians have a romantic view of what Freedom of Speech really means.

Wake up!
It doesn't exist anywhere!

A very thin line indeed...

Your ignorance knows no bound.
I think you have to be tutored...
Go check up on fundamental human rights.
Or go back to the university.

1 Like

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by bugzbunny: 7:10am On Nov 14, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

So, because there is freedom of speech, that makes him (Nnamdi) to order for the killing of other tribes?
Which people hv he killed..
Who gave which order..
Abokki... Go man ur gate..
Getaway
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by sammyj: 7:11am On Nov 14, 2015
Story story ooooooo. !!!! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by SSPX(m): 7:17am On Nov 14, 2015
he must be free, long live Ipob
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Scatterscatter(m): 7:27am On Nov 14, 2015
Freedom of speech doesn't permit you to instigate trouble or cause social disorder with your words. You can't go to USA and start shouting "I will kill Obama and every American citizen" and think you will go free cos of freedom of speech. Soliciting for arms to free Biafrans and destabilize The Federal Republic of Nigeria is
An act of treason. Kanu made a big mistake and no international community can save him from this cos they know the gratitude of his actions. Only 3 people can save him: Angel Michael, Angel Gabriel and Buhari. "You have freedom of speech but freedom after speech is what I can't guarantee"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Nobody: 7:33am On Nov 14, 2015
Titto93:

freedom of speech doesn't mean one should commit treasonable offences. Where were you when your son was calling Nigeria a Zoo and referring to the people as monkeys and baboons? Where were you when he called his IPOB youths to burn down Nigeria by picking up arms? Where were you when he said he had ammunition enough to fall Nigeria?

Your current sorrow is what a parent faces when he refuses to train his child well.

Sorry sir.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by ChappyChase: 7:34am On Nov 14, 2015
I believe in Biafra, but don't think we the igbos are ripe for it.. #Proudly 5%......

1 Like

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by UmuEri(m): 7:43am On Nov 14, 2015
Buhari should not worry, every living thing in this Lugards cage will die if Kanu is not released next week!

1 Like

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by OlujobaSamuel: 7:49am On Nov 14, 2015
freedom of speech and expression is guaranteed by our constitution, even the worst military regime gives that, but freedom after speech is what am yet to find in any country. even God questions us for our utterances.

1 Like

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by kingofdemons: 8:08am On Nov 14, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

what of oba Rilwayne?
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 14, 2015
UmuEri:
Buhari should not worry, every living thing in this Lugards cage will die if Kanu is not released next week!

Why una like to dey make mouth? Haba! Una first say if dem arrest am una go fall zoo down, later na protest now u don come with gorilla chest for here again, listen fighting a civil war is not just going to be Biafra vs Nigerian army, remember in the so called zoo we have tribes like..... nupe,buzu,gwari,tiv,junjo of adamawa, bajama, beriberi of jos, muye,egbira,zuru,koro,kadara,kamuku,Fulani,Hausa,Yoruba,kabba,idoma,igala my brother too numerous to mention if Nigerian government drop weapons in our hands omo where u want put ur iPod head.
A Word is Enough For The Wise.

4 Likes

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by kkkp: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2015
E no concern me o!
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by san316(m): 8:25am On Nov 14, 2015
Make he die sef. The was will b the battle ground. Not too bad for me considering how they react to bh attacks in the north.
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:27am On Nov 14, 2015
kingofdemons:

what of oba Rilwayne?
Mbah Michael, petty thief, how are you?
See subway101 and MrMbaM for your back o.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by kingofdemons: 8:37am On Nov 14, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Kitikpa sewaa nne i onu ebea
ozu nwulu anwu
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by haqueurate(m): 8:44am On Nov 14, 2015
Why did he come to the zoo? Now he is locked in a cage as the special albino monkey and you all are crying
since he is a freedom fighter, we may just keep him for like 30 years (like mandela) so that he can becom president of biafra when he comes out tongue

2 Likes

Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:45am On Nov 14, 2015
kingofdemons:

Kitikpa sewaa nne i onu ebea ozu nwulu anwu
Reported.
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by kingofdemons: 8:47am On Nov 14, 2015
[s]
IdisuleOurOwn:

Reported.
[/s]
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by rusher14: 8:58am On Nov 14, 2015
UmuEri:

Captured.
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by Armaggedon: 9:44am On Nov 14, 2015
juicee1:
freedom of speech doesn't mean one should commit treasonable offences. Where were you when your son was calling Nigeria a Zoo and referring to the people as monkeys and baboons? Where were you when he called his IPOB youths to burn down Nigeria by picking up arms? Where were you when he said he had ammunition enough to fall Nigeria?

Your current sorrow is what a parent faces when he refuses to train his child well.

Sorry sir.
no one is begging the zoo to release kanu. As u can see the father stands by his son. He must be released by fire by force

do you think this is kiriji war village dance?

Or you think it's subsidy protest, or june 12 morning parade grin ?

We a talking about a revolution which the zoo govt wants to turn violent.
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by ishiamu(m): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Coward you keep mentioning your tribal clique
Re: We’re Unsure If Nnamdi Kanu Is Alive – Parents [vanguard] by ishiamu(m): 10:05am On Nov 14, 2015
IdisuleOurOwn:

Thunder scatter ur head there, what did your oba do?? Eh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blame Jonathan For The Scarcity Of Dollar-john Odigie-oyegun / Thought-provoking Piece Of Advice For The Ndas / ‘jonathan Is Crucial To Resolving Renewed N- Delta Militancy’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.