Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:49 AM

How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) (29652 Views)

How Tramadol Nearly Made Me Impotent / UCH Ibadan Labelled Death Trap After Lady Died Due To Alleged Negligence / How My Only Child Was Killed By Doctor's Negligence - #JusticeForTobi {Pics} (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by lmm4real: 1:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
EggPlant:
The man is just ranting, looking for people to blame for his financial & marital problems.

WTF did u read the post all. May God help u

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by KOLZY(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
Always forming with white Apron
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Tunechi1(m): 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
Oruemu:
I don't want to start thinking this is a new way of begging money from the community all in the name HELP, or what compensation is he seeking?
Please read the story again

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by ZeesMum: 1:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
For your original Kayan mata, for vjay tighteners,sweeteners and general herbs call 08033300490, 08095501394, whatsapp : 08033300490. ladies don't die in silence oh,confidentiality is guaranteed,kindly rebroadcast
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
Lets hear from the hospital before we pass judgement, something is off with his story.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by KOLZY(m): 1:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
dicefrost:
Lets hear from the hospital before we pass judgement, something is off with his story.
yeah! but scenes like this are common in Nigerian Health
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Uncleodi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
I can prove that this Man is lying.

He claimed he carried the catheter for 144 hours which is about 6 days.

Meanwhile he came for appendicectomy which was done successfully and he will be placed on Antibiotics for abt 7days about the time he may be possibly discharged home since appendicectomy scar takes abt 5-7 days to appose (heal) assuming the wound didn't brake down.

Now catheter, being a silicone coated rubber tubing is designed in such a way that it doesn't cause skin irritation, coupled with the fact that he was on Post-operative antibiotics which will make urinary tract infection (UTI) unlikely.

This is the same reason why old men with prostate problems can carry urethral catheter for TWO weeks or more without any complications.

Now, it may interest you to know that when a catheter is inserted, about 5-30mls of Fluid is injected into it to inflate and anchor it inside the bladder so that it doesn't fall off. And the same volume of fluid will be withdrawn from the catheter when u want to remove it.

Remember that this man said he was bleeding and stuff, so it is possible that he (the patient) pulled on the inflated catheter causing a laceration (tear) in the lumen of his urethra causing the bleeding he had, the lacerations latter healed by fibrosis, forming adhesions which made urination to be difficult. The pull may have also damaged a nerve bundle cause erectile dysfunction.

I am not trying to say that the Doctor did a wonderful thing, No! He shouldn't have asked patient for money since he is a salary earner. It would have been more appropriate if the patient appreciated the doctor voluntarily than to enforce it on him.

The patient should have looked for another Medical personnel to remove the catheter for him instead of Pulling forcefully on it hereby causing injury to his Organ.

At this point the doctor should plan for a corrective surgery for the patient.

8 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 14, 2015
I doubt the credibility of this story
1- catheterization of the penis is not indicated in appendectomy
2- the catheter especially the Foley's type used commonly can remain in-situ i.e in the uretra for up to 2 weeks.

if a wrong sized catheter were used or the technique of its insertion was suspect, he would have gone into agonising pain immediately and not 144 hours post surgery.

The man should prepare his case well or he will be indebted his lawyer.

6 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by onatisi(m): 1:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
See+where+agidi+don+land+this+man+.+The+doctor+may+be+at+fault+and+may+even+be+sacked+but+will+that+correct+the+damage+done+to+the+victim+life+%3f++Simple+use+of+wisdom+could+have+saved+this+man+from+all+this+trouble.+All+he+could+have+told+the+doc+then+was+that+when+he+gets+better+he+will+pay+and+try+to+make+sure+he+gets+well+%2conce+he+is+ok+then+he+can+do+anything.+But+on+a+sick+bed+and+yet+arguing+with+the+doc+treating+you+.+Na+wahala+p
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
Its a very bad thing to see a military man deprived of ATTENTION.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Tshaphilo: 1:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
EggPlant:
The man is just ranting, looking for people to blame for his financial & marital problems.
if u do not ve any positive post Pls don't type. My neighbor lost d wife yesterday because of d negligence of a doctor. Now d husband is crying like a Woman. l pray u don't fall into d hands of these "strike Doctors" or my Mama/papa say make I b doctor. Just appreciate God for good health

2 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
Most Nigerian doctors are quack,incompetent and untrained. I just pray I don't have any course to check into an hospital again. The degree of incompetence,negligence,carefree attitude,lazy and non commitment shown by both our new and experienced doctors is quite disturbing. Many if them,including nurses have no business in their profession. Intact,if they have choice,they will keep collecting salaries and leave patients to die in their wards. Most Doctors don't even know how to treat malaria until they consult internet or their books,let alone pass drip successfully into their patients. These Doctors are just by names,they are proud,lazy and so incompetent that lives of patients do jot matter to them,all they want is money and more money. Lives of patients were lost during their so called strike during Jonathan's tenure. They keep going on strike just to satiate their silly egos. Mu advice to everyone is to either fly your people abroad for proper care or pray seriously when your family or lives ones is admitted into the hospital. And ensure you keep your eyes on the ground so that some stupid and tired nurse or doctors don't give them wrong diagnosis, injections that coild harm your lived ones. I have seen all sort of silky and stupid damages these health workers caused on daily basis that leads to irreversible damages and untimely death. The most unfortunate thing about all these is that they will completely cover io their mistakes,collect their full payment from patients and leave the patients family with loss of families and loved ones. These hospitals most times know silly mistakes commuted by their doctors,but they will go to great extent to cover io their heinous crimes. Lives dont matter to them much since they are used to seeing dead anyways.

2 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by duduade: 1:44pm On Nov 14, 2015
No picture to show the impotency....?
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by eightsin(m): 1:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
This man, you are not ready. Why are you shielding the Doc? Give us names.

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by JuanDeDios: 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2015
Very pathetic. Find the money and do the corrective surgery elsewhere. Then sue LAUTECH and that efulefu doctor. Good thing you're not being asked for millions. Sell your land or car or anything you have. Next time an armed robber, in white coat or not, holds a gun to your head, give them what they want and take up the matter later, if possible.

Shame on MDCAN.

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by armadeo(m): 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
matify:
I doubt the credibility of this story
1- catheterization of the penis is not indicated in appendectomy
2- the catheter especially the Foley's type used commonly can remain in-situ i.e in the uretra for up to 2 weeks.

if a wrong sized catheter were used or the technique of its insertion was suspect, he would have gone into agonising pain immediately and not 144 hours post surgery.

The man should prepare his case well or he will be indebted his lawyer.

well said.

i also wondered about the catheterization for an appendectomy patient.

another possibility is a UTI which can easily be treated, I feel this man is making a mountain out of a mole hill just seeking money for no cause and as you can see the hospital has ignored him rightly so,

let the hospital say its own version.

meanwhile were i wronged like this i would scream the culprits name so loud on the social media that he would receive an sms with a link to the website. name the culprit mr butcher.

2 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by kay5you: 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
This is the result of hungry Lawyers giving you courage that you have a good case.. The Truth is that he is looking for a cheap means to get money from the hospital management.

No correlation at all with appendectomy and erectile dysfunction! Absolute nonsense.

Lautech Teaching Hospital Ogbomoso is one of the best we have around in the country now with competent Doctors and staffs. God bless Nigeria Doctors and other Health workers.

BTW wetin concern Osun Govt with Lautech Ogbomoso now?

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by teflondoncuzo(m): 2:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
This story doesn't sound true, people can use urinary catheter for the rest of their lives so it been there for some few how's doesn't mean jack, probably something went wrong in the operating room

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by doncellita(m): 2:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
maryjames9:
Most Nigerian doctors are quack,incompetent and untrained. I just pray I don't have any course to check into an hospital again. The degree of incompetence,negligence,carefree attitude,lazy and non commitment shown by both our new and experienced doctors is quite disturbing. Many if them,including nurses have no business in their profession. Intact,if they have choice,they will keep collecting salaries and leave patients to die in their wards. Most Doctors don't even know how to treat malaria until they consult internet or their books,let alone pass drip successfully into their patients. These Doctors are just by names,they are proud,lazy and so incompetent that lives of patients do jot matter to them,all they want is money and more money. Lives of patients were lost during their so called strike during Jonathan's tenure. They keep going on strike just to satiate their silly egos. Mu advice to everyone is to either fly your people abroad for proper care or pray seriously when your family or lives ones is admitted into the hospital. And ensure you keep your eyes on the ground so that some stupid and tired nurse or doctors don't give them wrong diagnosis, injections that coild harm your lived ones. I have seen all sort of silky and stupid damages these health workers caused on daily basis that leads to irreversible damages and untimely death. The most unfortunate thing about all these is that they will completely cover io their mistakes,collect their full payment from patients and leave the patients family with loss of families and loved ones. These hospitals most times know silly mistakes commuted by their doctors,but they will go to great extent to cover io their heinous crimes. Lives dont matter to them much since they are used to seeing dead anyways.
maryjames9:
maryjames9:
maryjames9:
you are just a bitter person..if you don't want to patronize nigerian doctors you're free to do so..the bulk of the nigerian public are completely ignorant about their health..they expect doctors to perform magic even on terminal cases like cancer..your hatefulness won't stop nigerian doctors from delivering world class healthcare despite constraints in facilities..chao

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by RedCapChief(m): 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
This might just turn out to be another case of a hungry lawyer smiling to the bank with the old man's money. This story is incomplete.
As a doctor, I know that people carry urinary catheters for 2weeks without any incident. There is no link between appendectomy and erectile dysfunction. I also wonder what the urologist's diagnosis is.

2 Likes

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by 9jatatafo(m): 2:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
Wtf! Oga proceed to court to seek redress. Bros down bellow not working? Damn!! That's serious men
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by oake(m): 3:16pm On Nov 14, 2015
EggPlant:

Did you read the story before commenting? I pray you don't end up with greater predicament than "the man".
Common sense, as they say, is not common! I pray there is only one like you in your family, two will be a curse.
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Lisaflex(f): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
Apparently, a lot of ppl get a kick 4rm abusing doctrs... Any1 can decide 2 say anytn, so its always impnt 2 hear d oda side of a story b4 jumping (lyk an athlete) in2 conclusion... D man's story doesn't add up+ I doubt d doctr asked 4 bribe(der must be an explanation)

1 Like

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by sainty2k3(m): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
HarkymTheOracle:
SUE THEM!!!

i dont know y negligent people ar being employed as doctors.. someone tell them that human lives is nt a joke

btw,y'all shud listen to my songs at http://my.notjustok.com/p/oracle/
He has sued , I wonder why the ranting again. if truly he has a hood claim he will win a lot of money to his side , what he alleged is practically impossible in a teaching hospital. he should let the court decide if he is so sure of himself
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by cruzyteejay(m): 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
Alexyswiss:
The man is a fool...and is dumb :-/

how can he not accept the doctor's request first then they talk later..

he took money more important than his health to the extent of arguing with the doc.

smh...

see your life dey cross road even as trailer dey blow hornundecided,because he refused to be duped that's why he value money more than his life abi?,besides he didn't even give him any reason for the demand not even minding that its illegal SMH for yousad......the way some people reason eh i would prefer lie mohammed to them

in other news,the trailer later jam your life and your life was taken to LAUTECH.........i rest my case
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by klbakare(m): 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
kay5you:
This is the result of hungry Lawyers giving you courage that you have a good case.. The Truth is that he is looking for a cheap means to get money from the hospital management.

No correlation at all with appendectomy and erectile dysfunction! Absolute nonsense.

Lautech Teaching Hospital Ogbomoso is one of the best we have around in the country now with competent Doctors and staffs. God bless Nigeria Doctors and other Health workers.

BTW wetin concern Osun Govt with Lautech Ogbomoso now?

lautech teaching hospital is nothing near the best... Check my profile and read my experience with an achilles tendon injury. That is just the more recent one. Nigerian doctors and health care system are the reason why so many people troop to churches and spiritual healing homes in search of healing. Those guys fail too many times at cheap procedures
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Alexyswiss(m): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
cruzyteejay:

see your life dey cross road even as trailer dey blow hornundecided,because he refused to be duped that's why he value money more than his life abi?,besides he didn't even give him any reason for the demand not even minding that its illegal SMH for yousad......the way some people reason eh i would prefer lie mohammed to them

in other news,the trailer later jam your life and your life was taken to LAUTECH.........i rest my case

Mr. man....

its your type that would be scrambling for money on the floor when a politician throws money even on the highway for reason that "make me ma eat this government money too..no dulling".....mtcheeew

its your type that would be asked by thieves ..."your money or your childs life"....and you would say my child's life cus I have other children

see this man clearly dieing off....you are the one with pain...the doctor has seen more worst conditions than these so why would this make him emotional
and you stay there and arguing with him bcus you don't want to get duped!!...

something you can iron out with him after getting sef....mtcheeeew
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by otedola1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
Naso?
viviangist:
By Sola Ogundipe

* Petitions Osun State Governor

* Seeks redress from LAUTECH

Posted By Vivian Gist

source http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/how-doctors-negligence-made-me-impotent/

Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by cruzyteejay(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
Alexyswiss:

Mr. man....

its your type that would be scrambling for money on the floor when a politician throws money even on the highway

its your type that would be asked by thieves ..."your money or your childs life"....and you would say my child's life cus I have other children

see this man clearly dieing off....you are the one with pain...the doctor has seen more worst conditions than these so why would this make him emotional
and you stay there and arguing with him bcus you don't want to get duped!!...

something you can iron out with him after getting sef....mtcheeeew

ah ah bros,e pain you reach like this?,oya no vex am sorry

its obvious that you didn't understand what i said.......did the doctor tell him why he should pay?.......from this case a politician is better than the doctor cus he will tell you what the money will be used for
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by Alexyswiss(m): 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2015
cruzyteejay:

ah ah bros,e pain you reach like this?,oya no vex am sorry

its obvious that you didn't understand what i said.......did the doctor tell him why he should pay?.......from this case a politician is better than the doctor cus he will tell you what the money will be used for

I'm not defending the doctor...No..

all I'm saying is that he contributed to his demise..
for not applying wisdom
Re: How Doctor’s Negligence Made Me Impotent (pictured) by precious556: 4:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
This story is somehow. I don't think he can win this case when taking to the law court.

From the story it is clear this man had urethral stricture (i.e scar on the urine passageway) catheter or urine pipe not removed after 144hrs cannot cause that. It looks like the man tried to remove it himself thereby causing the problem.

But he can claim for negligence on the part that the catheter was left for longer period. And it might not be the said doctor that was responsible for remover of the catheter since he might not be the only doctor in the unit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Nigerian Doctors Worsened Drug Abuse Among Nigerian Youths / Please Help: My Wife Has Asthma / Banana, Sexual Superfood To Boost Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.