Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,960 members, 7,799,253 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates (21104 Views)

You Don’t Apply For Exemption Certificate, Says Ex-nysc Director / modified / Pictures Of New NYSC Certificates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by zinachidi(m): 10:27am On Nov 14, 2015
The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) has arrested seven persons for allegedly purchasing fake exemption and exclusion certificates of the Scheme.

Daily Independent however learnt that three of the suspect escaped during interrogation at the scheme’s headquarters.

Addressing journalists in Abuja on Friday, the Director, Certification, Alhaji Hudu Aliyu Taura, said the suspects, who claimed to be graduates from various institutions, were detected through the certificates sent to the organization by their employers for verification.

He said the suspects confessed they got the certificates from other sources, adding that they paid certain amount of money to get them.
Taura, who denied the involvement of any staff of the scheme in the act, revealed that the management have compiled the report with their written statement which would be handed over to the security personnel for further necessary actions.

While appealing to other employers of labour to forward their employees certificates claimed to be issued by the NYSC for verification, the Director also urged them to always contact NYSC with the certificates during recruitment exercises to ensure their genuineness.

One of the suspects, who claimed innocence to the act, said he finished a part-time programme, when the then coordinator who works in the school asked those of them interested in the exemption letter to register.

“I was among those who indicated interest. After six months, we were called to come and pick it up. I never knew that what he issued to us was fake.
The suspect, who said he was not forced to come NYSC, said he came because he wanted to check the geniuness of the certifiicate at the legal department where he was told that the certificate was fake.

Disclosing that he paid the sum of N25,000 for the certificate, said he got himself into the ‘mess’ ignorantly, saying he never know that he could get an exemption certificate without paying like because “I was working and doing the part time studies at the same time”.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/11/nysc-arrests-seven-for-buying-fake-exemption-certificates/

1 Like

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Favparis(f): 10:31am On Nov 14, 2015
So even the Exemption Letter is this Important and yet Students don't want it? shocked

Hope NO SLT UniJos Student in that list?
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by ukeme200(m): 10:40am On Nov 14, 2015
Things dey happen oooooo. Which way 9ja

If you believe 9ja will be great again, click like, but if u believe 9ja wunt grow, click share. Over 2u guys!!!

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by lasisi69(f): 10:40am On Nov 14, 2015
End time.. Impostors everywhere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by damton(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2015
THEY SHOULD BE APPROPRIATELY DEALT WITH
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Dazzler07: 10:41am On Nov 14, 2015
Feigning ignorance
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Maxcollins042(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2015
Mugu go dey fall maga go dey chop,Pele...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 14, 2015
Very soon the semi literates will claim they have no jobs ans start walking around Abuja with a notice.undecided

Team Gidi don't believe in certificates. All you need is talent and proper skills.

You may visit GidiLink blog here
To read more interesting views. wink

1 Like

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 14, 2015
Favparis:
So even the Exemption Letter is this Important? undecided

Hope it's NOT SLT UniJos Students?
You must be one of them.

Foól

What has SLT UniJos got to do with this?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by kingofdemons: 10:42am On Nov 14, 2015
scrap this damn rubbish grin
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Seculent: 10:44am On Nov 14, 2015
End time.
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by mosho2good: 10:45am On Nov 14, 2015
the nysc are dey now police officer Nigeria I tire
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by fredola77(m): 10:46am On Nov 14, 2015
bulldoza:

You must be one of them.

You studied SLT in unijos because i know you. I finished there too but i studied pharmacy 2011set.

I just pity your parent now for wasting their hard-earned money on you tongue

GREAT JOSITES! Haba easy on each other nau...
Once a Josite always a Josite. Just came back to Jos, lovely place.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 14, 2015
okay.
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by ILoveToFuCcK: 10:46am On Nov 14, 2015
Lasisi be like "End time students"
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by sandrajazmin(f): 10:46am On Nov 14, 2015
Haaaaaaa
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by RealAdewole(m): 10:47am On Nov 14, 2015
How come 3 of them escaped.

in other news happy birthday to me

4 Likes

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by kulobyno: 10:48am On Nov 14, 2015
Nigeria my beloveth country
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by oyetunder(m): 10:50am On Nov 14, 2015
Seven warriors

Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by demarc001: 10:51am On Nov 14, 2015
I know certificate faking in 9ja started long ago before Jonathan was born but in the usual practice of some yeye people, abeg let's blame this on GEJ kworoption. Lol

On a serious note, Nigeria bad system of things has made every Nigerian involve in corrupt acts directly/indirectly, knowingly/unknowingly.
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by ILoveToFuCcK: 10:51am On Nov 14, 2015
oyetunder:
Seven warriors
Biafran soldiers??
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by ayusco85(m): 10:52am On Nov 14, 2015
Favparis:
So even the Exemption Letter is this Important and yet Students don't want it? shocked

Hope NO SLT UniJos Student in that list?

are u a jossite? how do u knw SLT have problem with serving?
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by steffans(m): 10:52am On Nov 14, 2015
chai
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by maxiuc(m): 10:53am On Nov 14, 2015
that was how I told my guy that students from NOUN abi verb are allowed to go for NYSC na so dis guy start the celebrate
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by ayusco85(m): 10:53am On Nov 14, 2015
Well, i have finished serving 4th nov 2015, i got my NYSC discharge certificate wit my passport photograph on it.. so its non of my business wgo got fake exempton cert or not. let them carry their cross
Re: NYSC Arrests Seven For ‘buying’ Fake Exemption Certificates by Engineer123(m): 10:57am On Nov 14, 2015
fake NYSC certificate. Boys are not smiling.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun B15 Lets Meet Here / Is My Pair Of NYSC Jungle Boots Usable Out Of Service? / Is Nigerian Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Worth Doing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.