Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow (2954 Views)

My 15-minute Experience With Tecno Phantom 6 Plus / Why Tecno Sale Rep Always Overhype Ordinary Phantom5 / 3CHUB Phantom5 Promo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Oladipupo22: 10:39am On Nov 14, 2015
Ok so I am new at this. My senior bro gave me a Phantom 5 and don’t get too excited; he didn’t buy it for me, it was given to him to review as his company wanted to find out if it was worth giving out as gifts to their prestigious clients and top managers. Knowing I love techy devices and trendy gargets, he loaned it to me for a week to review and revert on it.

So, I am taking it a day at a time to view, use and comment on each unique app on the device.

Day One: Behold the camera

Today, I told myself since it was late at night, I would try the much talked about dual natural flash and low light camera combo.

It was 8:15pm. An hour after my brother gave me the phone to try and I was hanging out with my BFF, Chid. We were seeing a late night movie so I thought, this is the best time to take a picture cause the viewing hall was dark so…snap-snap and there it was. Just like they said; the picture was clear, every detail captured and looks so natural. We stepped out and took more pictures in the parking lot and got so carried away at the finesse that we literally looked out for dark corners and items to take pictures.

One of such pictures is found below…

Isn’t it amazing! So tick, Phantom 5 Dual camera and flash with low light density…ON FLEEK.

Day Two, [/b]I must say one thing that caught my fancy in the new TECNO Phantom 5 is its trendy look. This sleek device blends with any personality be it professional, geeky, stylish, matured or youthful- the Phantom 5 design definitely top my Smartphone design of the year.

[b]Investigating the 5 star rated Finger print sensor

It isn’t the first Smartphone to use finger print scanner as part of its security, Samsung and Apple have done a whole lot in this area but one thing that draws me to the Phantom 5 finger print sensor is the location. I kinda like the fact that all I need is to gently place my index finger on a subtle groove right at the rear and this smart phone and it unlocks-less show off, just the way I like it. Most other devices will have you sliding or holding a thumb over the ‘Home’ button, not bad though just that the rear position of Phantom 5 scanner is subtler, lol.

Touch-accurate

“It only takes 0.7 seconds to unlock your Phantom5 with your finger print, that’s like almost the instant you place your finger on the groove”

Guys, I can’t forget this quote by one of them TECNO Mobile staff at the Phantom5 launch in September 2015 and I tell you it’s rock-solid true!

My question; which finger print scanner type do you prefer? Slide-over or touch n’ hold.[/b]

Trust me, I am not in any way trying to talk down any type of finger print scanner used in a smart phone, every Finger print technology (PFC) I have seen is amazing but some are more amazing than others.

Take for instance, my friend uses a ‘big’ smart phone (name withheld), very big I must say. The finger print scanner on this smart is the slide-your-thumb-over kind of scanner and I bet I have seen her slide hers a couple of times over before that tiny computerized guard behind the ‘Home’ button figured it was time to let madam into her phone-that’s crazy.

But that on the new TECNO Phantom 5 is just great; being a nice little groove below the solid 13MP auto-focus Rear camera; the Phantom5 scanner is touch and hold type, not the slide-over type.

[b]Register up to finger prints with TECNO Phantom5

Can your smart phone do that? Well, TECNO Phantom 5 can if you want it to. You can share your smart phone with loved ones, just register their finger print and your TECNO Phantom 5 will recognise them, that simple!

I think I’ll make a Christmas wish in conclusion;

SANTA wherever you are, I want the new TECNO Phantom 5 for Christmas, the Champaign gold color please.

Source: http://unilaggist.com/five-romantic-days-with-tecno-phantom5-livenow/

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by rogerz: 11:01am On Nov 14, 2015
Neat Phantom 5 (5.5inch, 3gb ram, 32gb rom, fingerprint, 4G LTE, android 5.1, 3000mAh etc) For Sale with complete accessories @ N62,000

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Orator2383: 11:42am On Nov 14, 2015
You should have shown us camera samples in your review. I have held the phone and is premium
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Lordaweezy: 1:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
Tecno just flooded the whole nairaland with their publicity agents.....just give it a break

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
With all ur stories about the finger print position and making it sound likes it's best placed. How would you unlock your phone if it's placed on the desk?

The poster above me said it all. How come it's only the P5 that's always been reviewed?

2 Likes

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Baddosneh: 2:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
CAN I HAVE THIS TOO? shocked grin
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by jaykaylegend(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2015
As long as the phone has TECNO written at the top, I ain't splahing 70k on it..
What do I need a fingerprint scanner for when I can open with my phone with a pattern of my choice..

1 Like

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by sats: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
yet another story in favour of phantom 5, phone wey u no use your money buy, if you like praise the phone with all the threads on nairaland, i no buy, fingerprint this fingerprint that, my current android does not have fingerprint and am not eager to have it on my next device, so say sth else ... ahn? i thought so

1 Like

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by 4peace(m): 5:43pm On Nov 15, 2015
From 2 pictures above the phone look coated and plastics

and for the story grin grin grin grin grin that is story for gods tongue tongue tongue

2 Likes

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by cheeksman: 10:58am On Nov 16, 2015
Op you should have put up pictures you took, seeing is believing. I use this phone & I love it. Will be getting a new one soon, might need to sell mine.
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Xhaka(m): 11:04am On Nov 16, 2015
Wow!!!
Never seen a phone with Finger print
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by mosjames: 11:23am On Nov 16, 2015
If i were to be in your shoes
I nogo return the phone grin
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Oladipupo22: 11:48am On Nov 16, 2015
mosjames:
If i were to be in your shoes
I nogo return the phone grin

Hahahaha, my brother go kill me nii
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by kolexepana: 12:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
sats:
yet another story in favour of phantom 5, phone wey u no use your money buy, if you like praise the phone with all the threads on nairaland, i no buy, fingerprint this fingerprint that, my current android does not have fingerprint and am not eager to have it on my next device, so say sth else ... ahn? i thought so
Your opinion does not count
Say sth else tongue
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by fourlake4(f): 12:09pm On Nov 16, 2015
You need it because anyone can learn your pattern. This is an innovation and in my book it makes a lot of sense.
jaykaylegend:
What do I need a fingerprint scanner for when I can open with my phone with a pattern of my choice..
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by itsfarnas(m): 12:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
I used to feel the same way too. But my mind has changed. It's a really good phone and at 70k it's a bargain cos of all the cool stuff you can do
jaykaylegend:
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by ogashakiru(m): 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2015
If at all what you are saying is true. Who do you think is the loser lol
Lordaweezy:
Tecno just flooded the whole nairaland with their publicity agents.....just give it a break
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by daphid25(m): 12:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
jaykaylegend:
If you handle it
You'd want to pay more
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by mosjames: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2015
Oladipupo22:

Hahahaha, my brother go kill me nii
He will understand
E no dey easy to return better thing
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Lordaweezy: 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
ogashakiru:
If at all what you are saying is true. Who do you think is the loser lol

The substandard Chinese company and its publicity agents....because no one is going to buy their so called phantom.

1 Like

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by BustScam: 3:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
Lordaweezy:

The substandard Chinese company and its publicity agents....because no one is going to buy their so called phantom.
Lordaweezy:

And this is the problem with Nigeria really, I am sure you have never seen that phone in question before nor handled it and you criticize it so well like you work with a sister company.
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by OnyeAraNdiIgbo(f): 4:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
fourlake4:
You need it because anyone can learn your pattern. This is an innovation and in my book it makes a lot of sense.

The singular reason why Nigeria is in this state is because its citizenry thinks backwardly...

They made phone with finger print that is quite innovative and you say thrash!
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Lordaweezy: 4:12pm On Nov 16, 2015
BustScam:

And this is the problem with Nigeria really, I am sure you have never seen that phone in question before nor handled it and you criticize it so well like you work with a sister company.

Its the fact ....you have to reason well to understand what am trying to pass across ....even In China tecno is no where to be found....and you coming here saying this is the problem with Nigeria.
Tecno is nothing but a substandard Chinese crap.

1 Like

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Marvell23(m): 4:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
It's a great phone no doubt. If you have this phone you are going to enjoy it
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by ogashakiru(m): 4:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
lol. plenty people need it and buy it. Tecno, Infinix and Huawei actually record the highest mobile phone sales on all online stores. so talk another thing
Lordaweezy:

Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Lordaweezy: 5:48pm On Nov 16, 2015
ogashakiru:
lol. plenty people need it and buy it. Tecno, Infinix and Huawei actually record the highest mobile phone sales on all online stores. so talk another thing

leave Huawei out of it....Huawei is an international brand...Huawei actually provided the recent nexus hardware .....affordability doesn't give oems basis to produce substandard materials
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by ogashakiru(m): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
so what exactly is your point lol
Lordaweezy:

leave Huawei out of it....Huawei is an international brand...Huawei actually provided the recent nexus hardware .....affordability doesn't give oems basis to produce substandard materials
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by Frontier2: 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
4peace:
From 2 pictures above the phone look coated and plastics

and for the story grin grin grin grin grin that is story for gods tongue tongue tongue
it ain't plastic. Save urself argument go check one out at the tecno outlet
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by snehgang: 7:31am On Nov 25, 2015
ollah1:
With all ur stories about the finger print position and making it sound likes it's best placed. How would you unlock your phone if it's placed on the desk?

The poster above me said it all. How come it's only the P5 that's always been reviewed?

lol
pickmup your pgone and unlock it
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by snehgang: 7:34am On Nov 25, 2015
with the price i'll rather just add small money an get htc m8 abeg no wasting time grin
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by windyjosezy: 7:37am On Nov 25, 2015
snehgang:
with the price i'll rather just add small money an get htc m8 abeg no wasting time grin
better yarns my brother better camera and more durable
Re: Five Romantic Days With TECNO #phantom5 #livenow by onekindaguy: 7:40am On Nov 25, 2015
Lordaweezy:

Its the fact ....you have to reason well to understand what am trying to pass across ....even In China tecno is no where to be found....and you coming here saying this is the problem with Nigeria.
Tecno is nothing but a substandard Chinese crap.

wow!!
you can never really please humans
whats wrong with the ohone abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hilarious Conversation With MTN Call Agent / Gionee M6S Plus Specs & Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot) / Which Should I Go For Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.