Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,512 members, 7,808,871 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

From Rags To Riches: Meet Chinese Billionaire Who Bought £113m Unclad Painting - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / From Rags To Riches: Meet Chinese Billionaire Who Bought £113m Unclad Painting (605 Views)

Croatian President, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, Painting Her Own House (Photos) / Meet Chinese Monkey That Prophesied Trump’s Victory / Zambian: I Have Sex With My Son Every Wednesday To Maintain His Riches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

From Rags To Riches: Meet Chinese Billionaire Who Bought £113m Unclad Painting by duketunde: 2:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
This is what having too much money can do! Imagine someone buying a 500-year-old Ming dynasty cup for £21million just to know how it felt to drink from it and then the Chinese billionaire collector stunned the world snapping up a nude painting for £113million.

Once upon a time Liu Yiqian, 52, who was born into a working class family in Shanghai. dropped out of school at the age of 14 and helped his mother sell handbags on the street of Shanghai..But the penniless Liu with a bleak future soon developed a keen business sense and found a way to make the bags cheaper to undercut other traders, generating enough money to rent his mother her own shop.

He also bought a taxi and worked as a driver after the government ended its state monopoly limiting how much they could earn, it was reported by The Sun.

His big break came in his 20s when he first invested in the stock market in the 1990s – a shrewd move which grew into a two million
- See more at: http://www.duketundesblog.com/2015/11/from-rags-to-riches-meet-chinese.html#sthash.W2c8kQcX.dpuf

1 Like

Re: From Rags To Riches: Meet Chinese Billionaire Who Bought £113m Unclad Painting by CharlyNick: 2:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
The Chinese man no get Face undecided
Re: From Rags To Riches: Meet Chinese Billionaire Who Bought £113m Unclad Painting by Kenzico(m): 2:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
CharlyNick:
The Chinese man no get Face undecided
I wonder
Re: From Rags To Riches: Meet Chinese Billionaire Who Bought £113m Unclad Painting by Nobody: 11:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
Well, maybe I go fit buy that Unclad Painting for 350Naira because of that pubic hair wey dey the toto shaaa but if dem no gree sell for me, I go give the contract to a Nairaland Artist to paint me a beautiful n.aked woman using different types of crayon grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: From Rags To Riches: Meet Chinese Billionaire Who Bought £113m Unclad Painting by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 15, 2015
Zoharariel:
Well, maybe I go fit buy that Unclad Painting for 350Naira because of that pubic hair wey dey the toto shaaa but if dem no gree sell for me, I go give the contract to a Nairaland Artist to paint me a beautiful n.aked woman using different types of crayon grin
You're cray lol!

1 Like

Re: From Rags To Riches: Meet Chinese Billionaire Who Bought £113m Unclad Painting by duketunde: 8:33am On Nov 15, 2015
LWKMD grin grin grin grin grin
Zoharariel:

1 Like

Re: From Rags To Riches: Meet Chinese Billionaire Who Bought £113m Unclad Painting by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2015
Zoharariel:

Lool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mexicans Burn Donald Trump's Effigy In Easter Ritual / Egypt’s Head Of Information Service Blames Tom And Jerry For The Rise Of ISIS / Clinton, Obama Founded ISIS – Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.