Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,945 members, 7,806,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday (22091 Views)

Kano Government To Distribute 200 Tractors To Farmers On Loan (Pictures) / Rice Farmers, Others To Access Bill Gate's $30bn Agriculture Grant / FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by epadomo(m): 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
ABUJA-President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) will on Tuesday officially launch N20billion ‘Anchor Borrowers’ Programme’ (ABP) which the Central Bank of Nigeria has set aside for rice farmers across the country.
The programme which is an initiative of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) aimed at creating an Ecosystem to link out-growers (Small Holder Farmers) to local processors will take place in Kebbi State.
Under the ABP, the CBN in a statement Saturday said it has set aside the sum of N20 billion from the N220 billion Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Development Fund (MSMEDF) for farmers at a single-digit interest rate of 9.0 per cent to address the challenges of poor funding.
The Governor of the CBN, Mr Godwin Emefiele who met with rice producers and millers recently, said that the developmental initiatives programme has been designed to create economic linkages between farmers and processors to not only ensure increased agricultural output of rice paddy, but also importantly close the gap between production and consumption by ramping up utilisation capacity of Nigeria’s integrated rice mills.
Emefiele said If these noble objectives can be achieved, it is not unlikely that the country will require even more integrated milling capacity to meet the huge local production of rice paddy.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/buhari-set-to-launch-n20bn-loan-for-rice-farmers-on-tuesday/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by wachakuta(m): 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
God bless PMB

God bless Nigeria

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Ymodulus: 4:23pm On Nov 14, 2015
I see this as a wrong step, which need be stopped.

Off what benefit is it, to giving agriculturists advance loan a with interest rate at 9%, when the comptroller general of the the customs, Hameed ali has opened up area outskirts to rice merchants?

I was going to cheer the plan until I saw the loan fee - an astounding 9%. This soured the plan. Around the globe nations extremely aware of fortifying their economies particularly modern profitability, in which loaning and getting are vital, have their key loaning rates going from 0.1 to 2%.

Considering this incentive project is intended to animate rice cultivating, which would serve thepurpose of making employments, give moderate sustenance to Nigerians and stopping the huge outpouring of capital by means of rice importation; I would have thought some about the reasoning heads included in this advances plan would have think of intrigue under 1%. Around the globe, real sustenance creating nations have uncommon obtaining rate for agriculturists, and that is notwithstanding other "indirect access appropriation" plans like low yield protection, brought down rate for homestead apparatus, fuel and government financed master administrations. It appears Nigeria is yet to find the enchantment of offering charming motivating forces to ranchers... that is the base of industrialized economy - a great course out of the desensitizing over-reliance on oil by Nigerian

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by flyingsnail(f): 4:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
But you open border for free import of rice

Funny set of people

If you don't no what to do, hand over to Osibanjo cheesy cheesy

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by lomprico(m): 4:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
Good! I hope d loan extends to the farmers in ebonyi. I saw their "rice hill" sometime last month n was astonished!

Note. The tiny dots at d top are people.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by GspotAngela(f): 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2015
flyingsnail:
But you open boarder for free import of rice

Funny set of people

biafraudsnail

what the fvck is your business about PMB & the Federal Republic of Nigeria ? Why dont you channel your attention on Biafra matters

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by StepTwo: 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2015
me sef don turn farmer bdat nau
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by amanda2013(f): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
flyingsnail:

Funny set of people

my thoughts exactly. This is what he should have done instead of lifting ban on rice importation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
mtcheeew
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by politricks: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2015
flyingsnail:

Funny set of people

First of all, it is border not boarder and it's 'know' not 'no'. Secondly, even when the border was closed, smuggling was the order of the day so what is the point in closing it in the first place. Thirdly, we currently don't produce enough rice to satisfy the country's demand so why not achieve that first before thinking of closing the border for good. Lastly, do you think governance is like relay race where you run a little and hand over the baton to another person?.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by epadomo(m): 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2015
flyingsnail:

Funny set of people

Does dat distop the initiative abt to be backed upon.lend hw 2 appreciate the effort of the change government

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by 48noble(m): 4:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
How much for cocoa farmers as these rice people share all these money
Mama Africa = 2 billion
Mama Gold = 2 billion
Caprice = 2 billion
Stallion rice = 2 billion
Dangote rice = 2 billion
Abakiliki rice = 5million (voted 5%SE) cheesy
Uzuakoli rice = 5 million (voted 5%SE) cheesy
Uduma rice = 5million (voted 5% SE) grin
U can Add urs...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Aminat508(f): 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:
typing

Where have u bn? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Ymodulus: 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
Aminat508:

Been busy. Ya dai? kwana biu.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by epadomo(m): 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
Aminat508:

Your crush grin
Aminat508:

Your crush
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Aminat508(f): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:

Been busy. Ya dai? kwana biu.
lafia

i tambaye mayorall ya ba ni lambar wayarka grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Aminat508(f): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
epadomo:

Your crush
shocked shocked
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by sandraokosun1: 4:53pm On Nov 14, 2015
48noble:
Mama Africa = 2 billion
Mama Gold = 2 billion
Caprice = 2 billion
Dangote rice = 2 billion
U can Add urs...
ILUSIN RICE UBIAJA ESAN EDO STATE

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Ymodulus: 5:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
Aminat508:
lafia

i tambaye mayorall ya ba ni lambar wayarka grin

grin

Ki turomun aiko a whatsapp

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2015
flyingsnail:

Funny set of people

You are not making any sense.The fact is importation of rice still continued despite the ban,the customs officers were just making cash,while the govt was losing revenue.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Aminat508(f): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:

grin

Ki turomun aiko a whatsapp
OK. Nagode mallam cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by mikolo80: 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:
I see this as a wrong step, which need be stopped.

Off what benefit is it, to giving agriculturists advance loan a with interest rate at 9%, when the comptroller general of the the customs, Hameed ali has opened up area outskirts to rice merchants?

I was going to cheer the plan until I saw the loan fee - an astounding 9%. This soured the plan. Around the globe nations extremely aware of fortifying their economies particularly modern profitability, in which loaning and getting are vital, have their key loaning rates going from 0.1 to 2%.

Considering this incentive project is intended to animate rice cultivating, which would serve thepurpose of making employments, give moderate sustenance to Nigerians and stopping the huge outpouring of capital by means of rice importation; I would have thought some about the reasoning heads included in this advances plan would have think of intrigue under 1%. Around the globe, real sustenance creating nations have uncommon obtaining rate for agriculturists, and that is notwithstanding other "indirect access appropriation" plans like low yield protection, brought down rate for homestead apparatus, fuel and government financed master administrations. It appears Nigeria is yet to find the enchantment of offering charming motivating forces to ranchers... that is the base of industrialized economy - a great course out of the desensitizing over-reliance on oil by Nigerian
have you factored in other production costs and profit potential
you can make 400% profit in Nigeria due to cheap land and labour which makes 9% look positively illegal
besides nothing stops the borders being shut in 6 months time Abi we no go eat rice for six months gestation period

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by mikolo80: 5:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
lomprico:
Good! I hope d loan extends to the farmers in ebonyi. I saw their "rice hill" sometime last month n was astonished!

Note. The tiny dots at d top are people.
Daayuuuunm
h need to git my ass into ebonyi sharpaly
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
epadomo:

Does dat 'distop' the initiative abt to be backed upon.'lend' hw 2 appreciate the effort of the change government
u gbagauned the thing

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Ymodulus: 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2015
mikolo80:
have you factored in other production costs and profit potential
you can make 400% profit in Nigeria due to cheap land and labour which makes 9% look positively illegal
besides nothing stops the borders being shut in 6 months time Abi we no go eat rice for six months gestation period
even the banks wont take money from you, i mean stipend from you and return 9%. Dont come here to spew rubbish
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
Funny how people think. Won't you have enough before you close your borders? Na stone you wan dey chop abi.

flyingsnail:

Funny set of people

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Nobody: 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
This would have great impact on Nigerians.

Where is lalasticlala sef
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Nobody: 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
They should make available the loan to locals and those who has interest in rice farming.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Ibebe: 6:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
48noble:
Mama Africa = 2 billion
Mama Gold = 2 billion
Caprice = 2 billion
Dangote rice = 2 billion
U can Add urs...

I'll be back for this ignorant comment later.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Ibebe: 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2015
48noble:
Mama Africa = 2 billion
Mama Gold = 2 billion
Caprice = 2 billion
Dangote rice = 2 billion
U can Add urs...

I'll add mines later.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by mikolo80: 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:

even the banks wont take money from you, i mean stipend from you and return 9%. Dont come here to spew rubbish
Pls speak in full sentences
instead of hiding behind foul mouth
it's only ppl that have lost argument that result to violence
state your case

abroad you make 8% profit if your lucky so makes sense to give single digit interest rate

in emerging market you can make hundreds of %

it's called demand and supply

wetin you get for waec econs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by itstpia8: 6:28pm On Nov 14, 2015
sounds interesting.

Is rice the only agricultural product being subsidized?

what about cassava, etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria / Quail Farming In Nigeria / All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.