Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,835 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday (22092 Views)

Kano Government To Distribute 200 Tractors To Farmers On Loan (Pictures) / Rice Farmers, Others To Access Bill Gate's $30bn Agriculture Grant / FG Distributes Smartphones With Agric Apps To Rice Farmers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by holajeedayy: 8:08pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:
I see this as a wrong step, which need be stopped.

Off what benefit is it, to giving agriculturists advance loan a with interest rate at 9%, when the comptroller general of the the customs, Hameed ali has opened up area outskirts to rice merchants?

I was going to cheer the plan until I saw the loan fee - an astounding 9%. This soured the plan. Around the globe nations extremely aware of fortifying their economies particularly modern profitability, in which loaning and getting are vital, have their key loaning rates going from 0.1 to 2%.

Considering this incentive project is intended to animate rice cultivating, which would serve thepurpose of making employments, give moderate sustenance to Nigerians and stopping the huge outpouring of capital by means of rice importation; I would have thought some about the reasoning heads included in this advances plan would have think of intrigue under 1%. Around the globe, real sustenance creating nations have uncommon obtaining rate for agriculturists, and that is notwithstanding other "indirect access appropriation" plans like low yield protection, brought down rate for homestead apparatus, fuel and government financed master administrations. It appears Nigeria is yet to find the enchantment of offering charming motivating forces to ranchers... that is the base of industrialized economy - a great course out of the desensitizing over-reliance on oil by Nigerian

nairalanders check out this comment,he need ppl that have things upstair not grammerian not certificate but sabificate......where are the apc and pdp fans....u keep showering encomion or no thing the government is doing.....justapose the comment with reality
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Akpan107(m): 8:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
God bless you my brother. i love that pix. many Northerners are saying if Nigeria eventually divide, it be hunger for those of us in the Southern part. but with such pictures, we can feed them as well after having enough.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Shawarmaplus(m): 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
48noble:
How much for cocoa farmers as these rice people share all these money
Mama Africa = 2 billion
Mama Gold = 2 billion
Caprice = 2 billion
Stallion rice = 2 billion
Dangote rice = 2 billion
Abakiliki rice = 5million (voted 5%SE) cheesy
Uzuakoli rice = 5 million (voted 5%SE) cheesy
Uduma rice = 5million (voted 5% SE) grin
U can Add urs...

Lol grin
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by onatisi(m): 8:10pm On Nov 14, 2015
flyingsnail:
But you open border for free import of rice

Funny set of people

If you don't no what to do, hand over to Osibanjo cheesy cheesy
bros , the money sharing has started. we all know how the game is played . 20billion will be the initial ,withing the next few months expect another 40billion. they should tell nigeriana the names of the so called rice farmers they are giving 20billion to

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by miqos02(m): 8:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
nice
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2015
A direct settlement for the northern droves who did him well during election. Forget that 9% who 4 this country dey repay govt. loan? I never see am b4?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by tophee(m): 8:21pm On Nov 14, 2015
politricks:
First of all, it is border not boarder and it's 'know' not 'no'. Secondly, even when the border was closed, smuggling was the order of the day so what is the point in closing it in the first place. Thirdly, we currently dont produce enough rice to satisfy the country's demand so why not achieve that first before thinking of closing the border for good. Lastly, do you think governance is like relay race where you run a little and hand over the baton to another person?.
You are the real MVP,you nailed it...some people will just comment like they've been robbed of their sense of reasoning.God bless u man
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by anonimi: 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2015
jomoh:
Did you read the part where it is said that it is a CBN initiative.

I think you should direct your insult to CBN governor Emefiele an economist who is in a position to know better which is what he is being paid for.

You mean Sai Bubu as the president is no longer RESPONSIBLE for our economy shocked
Chai na how dem take sweep your brain comot so with dem witches broom?
So what is he responsible for? Security only
Or what else?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by anonimi: 8:30pm On Nov 14, 2015
onatisi:
bros , the money sharing has started. we all know how the game is played . 20billion will be the initial ,withing the next few months expect another 40billion. they should tell nigeriana the names of the so called rice farmers they are giving 20billion to

Wait oh, but I thought Sai Bubu told his 200 million mumu fellow citizens that he met an empty treasury and so cannot fulfill his campaign promises ni?
So where did he get all the money that he is sharing left, right & centre
We have been SCAMMED, walahi!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2491559_twimg20150606110308_jpeg4924ed8fc95c29bd13a67cca7f6c6f8e

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2571027_buharipoker_jpeg226b8276c6a021ac1a07f80d2f9b8246
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by soldierdollar(m): 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2015
politricks:
First of all, it is border not boarder and it's 'know' not 'no'. Secondly, even when the border was closed, smuggling was the order of the day so what is the point in closing it in the first place. Thirdly, we currently dont produce enough rice to satisfy the country's demand so why not achieve that first before thinking of closing the border for good. Lastly, do you think governance is like relay race where you run a little and hand over the baton to another person?.

It's "don't" and not "dont"

Ewu Gambia
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by bashydemy(m): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
PMB bringing in the change and surprises everyday...

Long Live PMB
Long Live Nigeria
Long Live Demmy Bashy
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by jomoh: 8:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
anonimi:

You mean Sai Bubu as the president is no longer RESPONSIBLE for our economy shocked
Chai na how dem take sweep your brain comot so with dem witches broom?
So what is he responsible for? Security only
Or what else?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2162677_img20150225204321edit_jpeg56bb1cb2db278f716bb3a9df7c4cd726

Obviously your soul is lost and it is in your very presence that nigeria will be great under this government and you shall never benefit anything from it.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 14, 2015
Dis buhari guy no get sense at all. If u give loan to farmers and there is no market to sell their product how will they suceed. If you creat market, you will not need to give anybody loan. Investor will do what they do.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by mikolo80: 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
bigerboy200:

u dey mind d mumu wailers...they are talking like it would take 24hrs for rice to fully grow and b ready for chops.....
wailers ke
I don forget those ones till 2019
na the economics wen this guy de talk make I think say na human being
there's no winning argument with mad men

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by mikolo80: 8:49pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:

even the banks wont take money from you, i mean stipend from you and return 9%. Dont come here to spew rubbish
banks are crooks
you can never prosper with banks
only 1% can benefit from banks
masses have to move to collective investment model for that
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by anonimi: 8:56pm On Nov 14, 2015
jomoh:
Obviously your soul is lost and it is in your very presence that nigeria will be great under this government and you shall never benefit anything from it.

Let me mark your post so that around May 29, 2019 I can refer to it.
I hope that YOU will still be alive if YOUR curse would not have caught up with you. grin

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/dmu038nc61mmai4li3hg7qlywqu46xtl1272873[/img]
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by klbakare(m): 9:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
Ymodulus:
I see this as a wrong step, which need be stopped.

Off what benefit is it, to giving agriculturists advance loan a with interest rate at 9%, when the comptroller general of the the customs, Hameed ali has opened up area outskirts to rice merchants?

I was going to cheer the plan until I saw the loan fee - an astounding 9%. This soured the plan. Around the globe nations extremely aware of fortifying their economies particularly modern profitability, in which loaning and getting are vital, have their key loaning rates going from 0.1 to 2%.

Considering this incentive project is intended to animate rice cultivating, which would serve thepurpose of making employments, give moderate sustenance to Nigerians and stopping the huge outpouring of capital by means of rice importation; I would have thought some about the reasoning heads included in this advances plan would have think of intrigue under 1%. Around the globe, real sustenance creating nations have uncommon obtaining rate for agriculturists, and that is notwithstanding other "indirect access appropriation" plans like low yield protection, brought down rate for homestead apparatus, fuel and government financed master administrations. It appears Nigeria is yet to find the enchantment of offering charming motivating forces to ranchers... that is the base of industrialized economy - a great course out of the desensitizing over-reliance on oil by Nigerian

Nigerian government and policy makers are modafokers my brother. Even the first bank microfinance loan wey we dey collect na 5.5%. So why government go kon dey drop loan with interest of 9%.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by politricks: 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
soldierdollar:

It's "don't" and not "dont"

Ewu Gambia
I never abused anyone here but if abusing me is going to cure your illness, KONTINU.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by millionboi(m): 9:07pm On Nov 14, 2015
lomprico:
Good! I hope d loan extends to the farmers in ebonyi. I saw their "rice hill" sometime last month n was astonished!

Note. The tiny dots at d top are people.
watch and see buhari will shift all d fund 2north leavin EBonyi dat is well knwn 4dat
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by anonimi: 9:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
politricks:
Thirdly, we currently dont produce enough rice to satisfy the country's demand so why not achieve that first before thinking of closing the border for good.

How do you encourage INVESTORS into the sector if you do not provide incentives such as market-protection through higher tariffs to discourage imports?
Is this not what China, India, Japan etc have done to make their economies grow
Why are we so unwilling to make the necessary short-term sacrifice for long term SUSTAINABLE gains?
Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
Haha... buhari just they deceive himself not wise Nigerians
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by tobyemmanuel(m): 9:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
flyingsnail:
But you open border for free import of rice

Funny set of people

If you don't no what to do, hand over to Osibanjo cheesy cheesy
Funny u indeed! Do u think rice is grown and processed within a month? Do u think the rice nigeria produces can feed its population? Its a gradual process. The production must av been doing well be4 he can ban rice importation
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Brilli5gist: 9:18pm On Nov 14, 2015
Is kebbi state a rice producing state.buhari get sense small na
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by politricks: 9:24pm On Nov 14, 2015
anonimi:

How do you encourage INVESTORS into the sector if you do not provide incentives such as market-protection through higher tariffs to discourage imports?
Is this not what China, India, Japan etc have done to make their economies grow
Why are we so unwilling to make the necessary short-term sacrifice for long term SUSTAINABLE gains?
Why?
That is because we are never patient, all we care about is quick result. Look at the short term effect of the TSA implementation on the economy and everybody is shouting on buhari forgetting the long term benefits. I agree with you on increased import duty on rice to discourage importation but to be on the safer side, certain things has to be in place before it's implementation.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Ymodulus: 9:25pm On Nov 14, 2015
ayoolanr:

Animate?? Nigguh wtf does animation have to do with rice cultivation? Do you mean mechanize? Bruh, you really confused me!!!
Yes sir mechanize.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by politricks: 9:35pm On Nov 14, 2015
tophee:
You are the real MVP,you nailed it...some people will just comment like they've been robbed of their sense of reasoning.God bless u man
Amen o and you too. Thanks.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 14, 2015
the rise of ofada rice...
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by austinauto(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
sandraokosun1:
ILUSIN RICE UBIAJA ESAN EDO STATE
@sandraOkosun are you from Ubiaja?
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by joeanointing(m): 9:46pm On Nov 14, 2015
How do you expect them to repay the loans when the CG of customs lifted the ban on importation of rice? We need revisit the policy.
Re: Buhari Set To Launch N20bn Loan For Rice Farmers On Tuesday by yommen: 10:09pm On Nov 14, 2015
GspotAngela:
biafraudsnail

what the fvck is your business about PMB & the Federal Republic of Nigeria ? Why dont you channel your attention on Biafra matters

I tire o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Kebbi Revolutionised Rice Farming In Nigeria / Quail Farming In Nigeria / All You Need To Know About Maize Farming In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.