Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,721 members, 7,805,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke (74035 Views)

Photos Of Diezani Allison-Madueke's $153Million Estate In Yenagoa / Diezani Allison-Madueke On Her Hospital Bed In London (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 15, 2015
The Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has reacted to the recent comments made by former Minister of Petroleum, Diezani Alison-Madueke, over the alleged disappearance of $20 billion under ex-President Goodluck Jonathan.

Diezani, in a recent interview, insinuated that the Emir of Kano may have made the allegation against her, over the presidency’s frustration of his attempt to head the African Development Bank.

The former minister had said:

“If there is one issue I must pursue in this world, it is the biggest lie of this money. How can $20 billion disappear just like that? Where did it disappear to? Is it possible that such an amount would not be traceable?
This is more painful coming from someone I considered a good friend who should appreciate the gravity of such an allegation. I challenge anyone to come forward with facts showing that I stole government or public money. I’ve never stolen Nigeria’s money.
In response to the interview published on Dele Momodu’s The Boss newspaper, the Emir of Kano described Diezani as a liar.

He released a statement on Saturday, saying that his allegations against Diezani were not based on personal sentiments, but out of a genuine concern for the looting of the nation’s coffers.

“It is not something that is hidden that anybody who is seeking that job must get the support of his country. Knowing fully that I went to the President with my intention and before I made the exposure of the $20bn oil deal, Jonathan clearly indicated his support for me.

He even directed Hassan Tukur, his Principal Private Secretary to write to African heads of state. So, what is Diezani saying? One can now see that she is lying.”

“My suspension came a week after I made the disclosure of the missing monies, precisely on February 20, 2014. As at that time, I was the only candidate from Nigeria gunning for the AfDB job, but you know one cannot have it when he is suspended.

My passports were all confiscated. Jonathan in trying to punish me denied me of the job and replaced me with Akin Adesina, who is my personal friend.

The question that remains for Diezani to answer is: Was there $6bn said to have been remitted to NPDC which they denied? As for that denial, who is holding that money? What happened to the inflated N6 per litre kerosene subsidy?”

“Where is the money said to be paid to that effect? All these questions formed the basis upon which I was suspended and denied the AfDB job.

“Certainly, there is nothing personal. It is our nation’s money we are talking about. One cannot take away the treasury and expect to go scot-free. He must answer the basic questions. Everyone is aware that I was punished by former President Jonathan for exposing the missing $20bn.

The punishment after suspending me from the CBN and taking away my passports was also blocking me from becoming the AfDB President. But Allah in his mercy today has given me something much more better than that.”

http://ynaija.com/emir-of-kano-to-diezani-its-nothing-personal-its-our-nations-money/

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Heromaniaa: 9:01am On Nov 15, 2015
National interest is above personal interest. Some wailers keep portraying Jonathan as a saint. But facts are emerging that he was as vindictive as a loser. someone failed a reelection bid and accepted failure and he is celebrated as a hero. smh.

393 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by kestolove95(m): 9:12am On Nov 15, 2015
DIEzani don't die wit our money o

172 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by DaBullIT(m): 9:13am On Nov 15, 2015
So , Dneziani is confirming that $20B is really missing

Make i carry stood siddon yakata dey watch this ere osupa

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Rawani: 9:16am On Nov 15, 2015
Diezani should have quietly enjoyed the empathy she was receiving from Nigerians with the release of snaps from her allegedly stage managed dracula photo shoot.

Instead she decided to re-open old wounds by throwing petty shade at the former CBN Governor and current Emir of Kano, who has now lashed back with royal precision, with substance and genuine posers. A soothsayer is not needed to tell that Diezani's investigation and prosecution will be catalyzed by this press release.

Our prison health facilities urgently need to be upgraded to support cancer patients. Justice must be done.

305 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by ahnie: 9:24am On Nov 15, 2015
Opportunity makes the thief.even sanusi lamido is also a cruel thief.boths are thieves.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by tellmoon(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2015
pls Madam, kindly answer those questions

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Qyubee(m): 9:28am On Nov 15, 2015
Accusations and counter-accusations....pls who's fooling who?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by haqueurate(m): 9:31am On Nov 15, 2015
Its because this woman has not bn prosecuted, she has time to spread false news to swindle public opinion towards her thefts
Dele momodu the paid journalist is trying to be her mouth piece with his all expenses paid new magazine abi
Whe hv seen her made up cancer outlook, whats new even ann idibias own looks more realistic
madam just return our money we dont give a hoot abt your beefs with the king angry

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 15, 2015
Sanusi how much exactly is missing? Yoy started with $49billion,came down to $10billion and went up again to $20billion and now again you are telling us $6billion? Are northern emirs usually this stupid and confused?

303 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2015
tellmoon:
pls Madam, kindly answer those questions

She already told everyone she's prepared to answer those questions in court.

Let them charge her if they've got any shred of evidence.

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by vedaxcool(m): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2015
grin oya opolo eyes can you now stop the diversionary crap and cooperate with the authorities in unearthing where billions of Nigeria's dollars went to.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 15, 2015
haqueurate:
Its because this woman has not bn prosecuted, she has time to spread false news to swindle public opinion towards her thefts
Dele momodu the paid journalist is trying to be her mouth piece with his all expenses paid new magazine abi
Whe hv seen her made up cancer outlook, whats new even ann idibias own looks more realistic
madam just return our money we dont give a hoot abt your beefs with the king angry

Go ahead and prosecute her if you think you have anything on her!! The british prosecutors are waiting for you!! Bring it on dear!!

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 15, 2015
vedaxcool:
grin oya opolo eyes can you now stop the diversionary crap and cooperate with the authorities in unearthing where billions of Nigeria's dollars went to.

But the useless authourities are yet to prove that billions of dollars disapeared in the first place!!

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:50am On Nov 15, 2015
I am sick and tired of Newspaper prosecution and Newspaper defence. The report of the auditors are on Buhari's desk, he should work on it and stop disturbing our peace.

We are talking of Nigeria's $20billion or $10billion here. Though I find the allegation to be illogical but I will not shy from eating my words if indeed there was a theft of our money. Nevertheless, whether $20billion or 20kobo, all those that looted Naija should be prosecuted. All those claiming innocence should tell investigators and the Judge.

Enough of media trial and media defence!

84 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Pavore9: 9:55am On Nov 15, 2015
This is getting interesting........
Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Delafruita(m): 9:57am On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
Sanusi how much exactly is missing? Yoy started with $49billion,came down to $10billion and went up again to $20billion and now again you are telling us $6billion? Are northern emirs usually this stupid and confused?
it's not for Emir Sanusi to sttate how much is missing.he did his job by informing the president of discrepancies he noticed and what did the president do?he suspended him.Mrs Iweala stated at the senate hearing that 10.8 billion dollars was yet to be accounted for and afew weeks later,the NNPC said it spent that sum on an illegal kerosene subsidy and it's own running expenses.the PWC audit indicated thatt almost 2billion dollars was missingand tIs depite the fact it was denied access to required data.that alone established that money was stolen.a full investigation will reveal how much and by whom

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by princemillla(m): 9:58am On Nov 15, 2015
Now I await the madam response......

Even the said auditor who were hired at some point wanted to ran away seeing the gravity of corruption. May be later dance to the corruption tune. We'were told only 1.6 billion or so was missing and not 20billion.

Apc led govt should try n hire a professional auditor to do the job. After then will I believe this woman is really a thief. Until then, let me enjoy Oka(in Calabar voice) and madam fights

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:01am On Nov 15, 2015
Delafruita:
it's not for Emir Sanusi to sttate how much is missing.he did his job by informing the president of discrepancies he noticed and what did the president do?he suspended him.Mrs Iweala stated at the senate hearing that 10.8 billion dollars was yet to be accounted for and afew weeks later,the NNPC said it spent that sum on an illegal kerosene subsidy and it's own running expenses.the PWC audit indicated thatt almost 2billion dollars was missingand tIs depite the fact it was denied access to required data.that alone established that money was stolen.a full investigation will reveal how much and by whom
So who or what is stopping the government from carrying out a fresh audit?

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by Delafruita(m): 10:04am On Nov 15, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

So who or what is stopping the government from carrying out a fresh audit?
all in due time

12 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by princemillla(m): 10:06am On Nov 15, 2015
Now I await the madam response......

Even the said auditor who were hired at some point wanted to ran away seeing the gravity of corruption. May be later dance to the corruption tune. We'were told only 1.6 billion or so was missing and not 20billion.

Apc led govt should try n hire a professional auditor to do the job. After then will I believe this woman is really a thief. Until then, let me enjoy Oka(in Calabar voice) and madam fights

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by yahrant140(m): 10:09am On Nov 15, 2015
Emir sanusi, we have hear your gibberish! But remember madam diezani is better than you...... Mere bokoharm sponsor!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by PassingShot(m): 10:18am On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
You obviously have comprehension problems!
Even Okonjo Iweala said about $10.8bn was missing.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by webincomeplus(m): 10:56am On Nov 15, 2015
Whether it's 20 billion dollars or 6 billion dollars, the truth remains that money was missing under Diezani. It's either she knew about the stolen money or she didn't. And if the latter is true, she remains blame worthy for being so careless!

3 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by vedaxcool(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:

But the useless authourities are yet to prove that billions of dollars disapeared in the first place!!
Abobaku Saraki, why don't you advise alisin to come back home instead hiding in london. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by coolzeal(m): 11:21am On Nov 15, 2015
As soon as he was sacked as CBN governor he became an Emir. Perhaps, his own part of the deal was to tell lies and become an Emir but then again, it could be a propaganda or conspiracy theory. Sanusi, present your evidence to the court so they can persecute her and stop gnashing your teeth. After all, OBJ spent over 16billion dollars for power and nothing to show for it. IBB, Atiku, Tinubu, Abacha, Abdulsalami etc. All stole huge funds in billions of dollars and they're still walking freely. What about the halliburton case? Nigeria is a nation of liars, bigotry, nepotism and full of hypocrites. I hate the fact that I was born in this nation..

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by danielsunky(m): 11:50am On Nov 15, 2015
Qyubee:
Accusations and counter-accusations....pls who's fooling who?
they are fooling us

1 Like

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by musicwriter(m): 12:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
I'm tired of this news of missing $20 Billion. If the woman stole $20 Billion they should get extradition papers from the UK and deport her to Nigeria to face charges in court or even take her to court in the UK. After all, James Ibori was prosecuted right there in the UK.

Anything outside this equates to NOISE making.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
Alleged missing $20bn: Diezani, Lamido Sanusi in fresh war

Sanusi replied Diezani, saying there were issues to be cleared around the subsidy regime under Jonathan. Speaking with Sunday Telegraph, he said was denied Nigeria’s backing for the AfDB job because of the $20bn allegation. He told Sunday Telegraph that it was on record that a week after he exposed the matter, Jonathan wrote a letter withdrawing his nomination as Nigeria’s candidate and replaced him with then Minister of Agriculture, Dr. Akinwunmi Adesina, who later won the election.

Sanusi said it was not a hidden fact he exprwessed interest in the AfDB job when the position became vacant. He noted that while he expressed lack of interest in a second term as CBN Governor, he wrote a letter to Jonathan and the Senate and also discussed his AfDB ambition extensively with the Ministers of Finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, and the Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Mohammed Adoke.
The monarch further explained that his meeting with Jonathan on the AfDB job was witnessed by the former President’s Principal Private Secretary, Hassan Tukur. Sanusi recalled that Jonathan even directed Hassan to start campaigning for him among African leaders, which the aide did by writing a letter to one of them.

“It is not something that is hidden that anybody who is seeking that job must get the support of his country. Knowing fully that I went to the President with my intention and before I made the exposure of the $20bn oil deal, Jonathan clearly indicated his support for me. He even directed Hassan Tukur, his Principal Private Secretary to write to African heads of state. So, what is Diezani saying? One can now see that she is lying.
“My suspension came a week after I made the disclosure of the missing monies, precisely on February 20, 2014. As at that time, I was the only candidate from Nigeria gunning for the AfDB job, but you know one cannot have it when he is suspended. My passports were all confiscated. Jonathan in trying to punish me denied me of the job and replaced me with Akin Adesina, who is my personal friend.

“The question that remains for Diezani to answer is: Was there $6bn said to have been remitted to NPDC which they denied? As for that denial, who is holding that money? What happened to the inflated N6 per litre kerosene subsidy?

Where is the money said to be paid to that effect? All these questions formed the basis upon which I was suspended and denied the AfDB job,” he stated.

He reminded the former minister that what he did was neither a personal war nor was it targeted at anybody. He declared that if anybody feels affected by the revelation, he or she should come forward and clear their name.

“Certainly, there is nothing personal. It is our nation’s money we are talking about. One cannot take away the treasury and expect to go scot-free. He must answer the basic questions. Everyone is aware that I was punished by former President Jonathan for exposing the missing $20bn. The punishment after suspending me from the CBN and taking away my passports was also blocking me from becoming the AfDB President. But Allah in his mercy today has given me something much more better than that.”

He expressed sympathy for Diezani’s health condition and wished her quick recovery. He, however, urged President Muhammadu Buhari to get to the bottom of the matter.

Source: http://newtelegraphonline.com/alleged-missing-20bn-diezani-lamido-sanusi-in-fresh-war/

2 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by aminho(m): 12:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
chukwudi44:
dont you ever in your life insult our emirs again i use to respect you but it has ended today you can insult me or anyone but not the custodians of my religion and and culture

18 Likes

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
Revisiting PWC: Did Emir Sanusi Lie Against Diezani Madueke

PwC's audit report supports many of Sanusi's allegations.

https://www.nairaland.com/2736550/revisiting-pwc-did-emir-sanusi

If Diezani is too Sick for the Buhari body language, then the President should direct his body language to the cohorts who joined in such crime against Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
lalasticlala What are you guys waiting for?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Aliu Sabiu, Katsina Speaker Snubs Woman’s Handshake (Photos) / Did El-Rufai And His Deputy, Bantex Slap Each Other? Here Is The Story / Patience Jonathan’s Aridolf Resort Wellness & Spa Yenagoa (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.