Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,325 members, 7,780,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:57 PM

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose (30742 Views)

Jibrin Marks 100th Day Crusade Against Budget Fraud, Says Dogara Must Be Jailed / New INEC Chairman: Buhari Is A Sectional Leader, Says Fayose / Understanding The Treasury Single Account (TSA) System – Things You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by centvin008(m): 3:08pm On Nov 15, 2015
Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti state on Sunday declared he was not attending the meeting called by the Federal Government with state governors on the Treasury Single Account, TSA.

Fayose said his decision stems from his belief that the Ekiti state government was not interested in the TSA policy introduced by President Muhammadu Buhari, which, according to him, is a fraud against Nigeria and its people.

The governor said this in a press statement issued by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka.

Fayose asked the Federal Government to rather remove the veil on the face of REMITA, the alleged firm handling the TSA contract, “so that Nigerians can know the real owners, through whom the All Progressives Congress (APC) is siphoning Nigeria money to fund Kogi and Bayelsa states governorship election.”

“From all intent and purposes, this TSA policy is aimed at recouping money spent on the last general elections by the APC, as well as raise money for future elections, especially the Kogi and Bayelsa States gubernatorial poll.

“It is also meant to enrich some individuals for doing virtually nothing and that can be seen from the discovery of N25 billion that already accrued to just a single company in one month!

“How can the Federal Government justify a transaction in which a single company gets one percent, amounting to N25 billion in one month?

“In this economic situation that Nigeria is, shouldn’t the one percent commission have been negotiated downward to like 0.1 percent which would have reduced the N25 billion to N2.5 billion?
Even manufacturing companies, with thousands of employees don’t make N25 billion profit in one month.

“Therefore, what Nigerians are expecting from the Federal Government is explanation on the alleged N25 billion scam already associated with the operation of the TSA, instead of calling state governors to a meeting that is aimed at imposing the TSA policy on the states.”

Governor Fayose said the Federal Government cannot force its policies on states that are federating units in the Nigeria federation.

“Ekiti State is entitled to its own policies and it is not under any obligation to accept Federal Government policies, especially the TSA that is already robed in the garment of fraud.

“I therefore wish to state categorically that Ekiti State is not interested in the TSA policy and since the State is not interested, I, as the custodian of the popular mandate of the entire people of the state will not attend any meeting called by the Federal Government on
the TSA,” he said.

But a recent report which supposedly emanated from the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, may have rubbished Fayose’s belief as it was stated that the parent body of REMITA had existed for about 20 years while REMITA, which is not even a company, has been in existence for about 10 years.

The report also showed that REMITA is not solely entitled to the one percent. Other participating banks are to share from the amount.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/11/15/buharis-treasury-single-account-is-a-fraud-says-fayose/
Lalasticlala‎

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by SeverusSnape(m): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
“I therefore wish to state categorically that Ekiti State is not interested in the TSA policy and since the State is not interested, I, as the custodian of the popular mandate of the entire people of the state will not attend any meeting called by the Federal Government on
the TSA,”

Fayose is the man. cool

151 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by apholaby007(m): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2015
D poster above me shaaaaaaaaa

15 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by BigBelleControl(m): 3:11pm On Nov 15, 2015
I thought GEJ introduced it and PMB implemented it.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 15, 2015
Fayose is a governor I admire but I think he needs to give the present adminstration a space to work without always looking for fault in the government. Nigeria belongs to us all and we must pray that she succeeds and forget our own personal sentiments.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by SeverusSnape(m): 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
apholaby007:
D poster above me shaaaaaaaaa
I first you sha after your "FTC" comment. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by wachakuta(m): 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2015
Its a shame how Ekiti state wiv all their Education end up wiv dis Tout as governor

182 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by drss(m): 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
When olisa metuh of PDP raised alarm weeks ago of monumental fraud going on under APC govt, supporters of APC called him a broken record. The TSA fraud currently rocking the nation for days now has vindicated PDP. Corruption is thriving massively under Buhari govt. Same govt that claimed its commited to fight against corruption.
Buari n APC are d biggest scam of d century!

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Realdeals(m): 3:24pm On Nov 15, 2015
Okay!
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Agimor(m): 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
Can anything good come from Ayodele Fayose!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by PRYCE(m): 3:29pm On Nov 15, 2015
This man's so fearless one would think The legend of Hercules isn't a legend afterall!

I'm sure Buhari sees this man in his dreams!...

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by drss(m): 3:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
Monumental fraud is going on under buhari's govt but hypocrisy
of will not led some people see d truth. Hypocrisy is when fraud
taking place under buhari govt, excuses is made for him. Instead
they ar pilling blames on GEJ for d rot taking under buhari 6
months after taking power.
In a bit to show through propaganda dat APC is working, buhari
cluelessly ordered for d transfer of govt funds to TSA without any
form of analysis or scrutiny of d agancy dat will be responsible for
the operation. They huriedly start moving funds as if d banks are
on fire. It will interest you to note dat the reason why TSA was
not fully implemented during GEJ era was because d enabling
invironment was still being put inplace for a hitch free operation of
TSA. One of which is the full implementation of ICT in all govt
ministeries and departments. But Buhari being ICT illiterate never
saw d need for puting stop gap measures to forestall any
leakages. Instead he cluelessly ordered for immediate TSA
implementation. Now dat monumental fruad has been unearthed, they are trying to blame GEJ for their cluelessness.
Stella Oduah bought two bullet proof cars for N200
million, she was crucified but fashola who bought 3 bullet
proof cars for N600 million was celebrated as d best
governor (thief) in nigeria. Not to mention d miracle
website dat cost N78 million.
The hypocrisy in this country stinks to high heavens.
Tufiakwa!!!!!!

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by FastShipping: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
PRYCE:
This man's so fearless one would think The legend of Hercules isn't a legend afterall!

I'm sure Buhari sees this man in his dreams!...

He was so fearless he was begging Buhari to intervene and save him from impeachment between May 29 and June 25. grin grin

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Nellybii: 3:38pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lol
This is very much expected.
The TSA is a deadly and ultimate killer blow to corruption in management of government funds.. It is only a sincere Leader that is not interested in unscrupulous aggrandizement that can be bold enough to go the way of TSA.
Let me state categorically here that based on the political structure of Nigeria today, neither APC nor PDP can subscribe to TSA idea. PMB is the only politician in both camps that can try this stunt. Based on the current structure, states are conveniently run like business empire extensions of the governors. Contract awards and receipients of payments are shrewed in secrecy. Fayose doesn't speak for himself alone obviously. He speaks the minds of most of Nigerian present and past politicians. Fayose cannot do TSA because all the state and LG contracts go to him even supply of sachet water has to be done by him. He is not alone in this boat. In fact he speaks the mind of Nigeria including me. This is because we are corrupt. Doing things normally has now become a taboo. This is so shameful but it is true. Thank God PMB is in charge so we can be forced to start thinking like normal people and not like Nigerians. This is not self defeatism but it is true. Honestly if you travel outside the country you will realize how upside down things are in Nigeria. Corruption is truly here.

142 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by apholaby007(m): 3:40pm On Nov 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I first you sha after your "FTC" comment. grin
dey send yhu Sha
Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by aieromon(m): 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2015
Free money is drying up everywhere due to the implementation of the TSA.

It's sad that no PDP state can help out Wada of Kogi State financially to win his elections. Nobody has free money to spend anymore.

If the FG decides to meet with the states,it will only do so in an advisory capacity. Probably, they want to showcase the benefits of the TSA over the past four months. It's up to the states to decide if they need to plug the leakages or not. Rest assured, all eyes are now on the states to see those who are performing and those who just like making noise. Gone are the days when the bulk of the blame is passed to the FG.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by donholy28(m): 3:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
I knew it!!! put it all in one account for easy looting

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by PRYCE(m): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
FastShipping:

He was so fearless he was begging Buhari to intervene and save him from impeachment between May 29 and June 25. grin grin
Did Buhari intervene and was he impeached?

Wait, provide evidence that he indeed begged sef... if not, Park Well!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by mazeltov(m): 4:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:

It's a shame Nigeria with all their educated and enlightened people ended up with a stark illiterate as a president/Presidiot.
who is an illiterate? Somebody without any school certificate(s) but understands that ''stealing is corruption or A Phd holder who thinks that stealing is not corruption or someone with all his education, couldn't differentiate between a literate and an illiterate ?

If not because Nigeria is an unfortunate country. We all know how Pdp manipulated Ekiti state's election in favour of Fayose. We all know about the soldier and the video tape. We all know that the election that brought him to power was fraudulent. We all know how Pdp used soldiers to trampled on human's right and disfranchised them. No right thinking Nigerian would forgive Pdp administration an had it been that our judiacial wings is functioning, effective and efficient - a slimeball like Fayose suppose to be chilling behind the bar now.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by ERAKAMUS: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
THAT WAS WHY THEY KEPT CERTIFICATELESS GENERAL THERE SO THEY CAN DEFRAUD HIM

SPECIAL THANKS TO HELL.RUFAI & TINUBU

[size=14pt]Fayose asked the Federal Government to rather remove the veil on the face of REMITA, the alleged firm handling the TSA contract, “so that Nigerians can know the real owners, through whom the All Progressives Congress (APC) is siphoning Nigeria money to fund Kogi and Bayelsa states governorship election.”[/size]

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Bobbystanley(m): 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2015
Which reasonable Nigerian doesn't know that?

Fayose keep telling them the truth.

The lord is your strength

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by ERAKAMUS: 4:05pm On Nov 15, 2015
[s]
mazeltov:
who is an illiterate? Somebody without any school certificate(s) but understands that ''stealing is corruption or A Phd holder who thinks that stealing is not corruption or someone with all his education, couldn't differentiate between a literate and an illiterate ?

If not because Nigeria is an unfortunate country. We all know how Pdp manipulated Ekiti state's election in favour of Fayose. We all know about the soldier and the video tape. We all know that the election that brought him to power was fraudulent. We all know how Pdp used soldiers to trampled on human's right and disfranchised them. No right thinking Nigerian would forgive Pdp administration an had it been that our judiacial wings is functioning, effective and efficient - a slimeball like Fayose suppose to be chilling behind the bar now.
[/s]

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by FastShipping: 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2015
PRYCE:
Did Buhari intervene and was he impeached?

Wait, provide evidence that he indeed begged sef... if not, Park Well!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/fayose-appeals-to-buhari-cjn/

Impeachment: Fayose appeals to Buhari, CJN

AGAINST perceived moves to impeach Governor Ayo Fayose, the hierarchy of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, yesterday, stepped up pressure on President Muhammudu Buhari to prevail on his party faithful and security agencies to check the disruption of the peace in the state.

The impeachment moves allegedly spearheaded by the outgoing members of the State House of Assembly, remained a matter of speculation yesterday even as it was claimed that the 19 legislators belonging to the All Progressives Congress, APC, may storm the state today.

Governor Fayose, on his part, called on President Buhari and Justice Mahmoud to call the 19 APC lawmakers to order.

Fayose and Buhari
Fayose and Buhari

Fayose, who spoke with newsmen at the Governor’s Lodge over the tension elicited by the speculated move of the APC legislators, insisted that all the entitlements of the APC lawmakers have been paid contrary to Speaker Adewale Omirin’s claim that they were yet to be paid.

The governor flaunted copies of the Skye Bank cheques dated May 26, 2015, issued to the lawmakers to corroborate his claim. One of the cheques, which bore the name Boluwade Bolie Kehinde was received on behalf of the lawmaker and had a sum of N2,149,052 .37on it

Fayose said it would amount to illegality for the embattled speaker, Adewale Omirin to continue to hold claim as the speaker when actually he had been removed from the post as far back as November 2014.

His words: “They have been dropping the name of President Muhammadu Buhari as giving them the backing to impeach me. How can an Assembly, whose tenure will wind up on Thursday be planning this? I wonder why the issue of the past should be allowed to come to play now.?

“As at the date the court gave the order, I mean April 23, Hon Adewale Omirin was not the speaker. It will be wrong for the court order not to be respected. This is illegality and I want to raise this for the public to know.

“Omirin has gone to court to challenge his impeachment and later withdrew such, which means he accepted he had been impeached and a cost of N100, 000 was awarded against him. So, he is not the Speaker. I am calling on well-meaning Nigerians, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mohammed Mahmoud and President Muhammadu Buhari to intervene in this matter.”

“How can somebody be living in another State and planning to invade his state? This is something else and I view this as a major crime anyone can commit against his people”, the governor added.

Commenting on the controversy over the payment of the salary and entitlements of the lawmakers, Fayose said they had been paid by last week Wednesday.

“They came to collect the cheques in Ado Ekiti in company of the Commissioner for Finance, Mr Toyin Ojo.”

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by maupe: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
The only thing I can pick from this TSA scandal-is that irrespective, of who was at the helm of affairs when Remita( software or company) was sneaked into the TSA arrangement-is that the president should have first ordered a critical analysis of the policy before approving it. The President was wrong in rushing into the approval of the policy, without consulting the major stakeholders in the financial sector.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by PassingShot(m): 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nellybii:
Lol
The TSA is a deadly and ultimate killer blow to corruption in management of government funds.. It is only a sincere Leader that is not interested in not interested in unscrupulous aggrandizement that can be bold enough to go the way of TSA.
Let me state categorically here that based on the political structure of Nigeria today, neither APC nor can subscribe to TSA idea. PMB is the only politician in both camps that can try this stunt. Based on the current structure, states are conveniently run like business empire extensions of the governors. Contract awards and receipients of payments are shrewed in secrecy. Fayose doesn't speak for himself alone obviously. He speaks the minds of most of Nigerian present and past politicians. Fayose cannot do TSA because all the state and LG contracts go to him even supply of sachet water has to be done by him. He is not alone in this boat. In fact he speaks the mind of Nigeria including me. This is because we are corrupt. Doing things normally has now become a taboo. This is so shameful but it is true. Thank God PMB is in charge so we can be forced to start thinking like normal people and not like Nigerians. This is not self defeatism but it is true. Honestly if you travel outside the country you will realize how upside down things are in Nigeria. Corruption is truly here.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by mazeltov(m): 4:20pm On Nov 15, 2015
SeverusSnape:

It's a shame Nigeria with all their educated and enlightened people ended up with a stark illiterate as a president/Presidiot.

If not because Nigeria is an unfortunate country. We all know how Pdp manipulated Ekiti state's election in favour of Fayose. We all know about the soldier and the video tape. We all know that the election that brought him to power was fraudulent. We all know how Pdp used soldiers to trampled on human's right and disfranchised them. No right thinking Nigerian would forgive Pdp administration an had it been that our judiacial wings is functioning, effective and efficient - a slimeball like Fayose suppose to be chilling behind the bar now

1 Like

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by maupe: 4:21pm On Nov 15, 2015
Nellybii:
Lol
The TSA is a deadly and ultimate killer blow to corruption in management of government funds.. It is only a sincere Leader that is not interested in not interested in unscrupulous aggrandizement that can be bold enough to go the way of TSA.
Let me state categorically here that based on the political structure of Nigeria today, neither APC nor can subscribe to TSA idea. PMB is the only politician in both camps that can try this stunt. Based on the current structure, states are conveniently run like business empire extensions of the governors. Contract awards and receipients of payments are shrewed in secrecy. Fayose doesn't speak for himself alone obviously. He speaks the minds of most of Nigerian present and past politicians. Fayose cannot do TSA because all the state and LG contracts go to him even supply of sachet water has to be done by him. He is not alone in this boat. In fact he speaks the mind of Nigeria including me. This is because we are corrupt. Doing things normally has now become a taboo. This is so shameful but it is true. Thank God PMB is in charge so we can be forced to start thinking like normal people and not like Nigerians. This is not self defeatism but it is true. Honestly if you travel outside the country you will realize how upside down things are in Nigeria. Corruption is truly here.
Without listening to Fayose's opinion, you have already passed judgement on the issue, and have branded who is right and who is wrong. This is the problem with this new administration and its supporters. No policy or idea on this earth, is without its loopholes, side effects and dismerits. let us understand what is right and what is wrong about the TSA, before we declare it a success

12 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2015
maupe:
The only thing I can pick from this TSA scandal-is that irrespective, of who was at the helm of affairs when Remita( software or company) was sneaked into the TSA arrangement-is that the president should have first ordered a critical analysis of the policy before approving it. The President was wrong in rushing into the approval of the policy, without consulting the major stakeholders in the financial sector.
It is a False alarm sir... The Lawmakers are actually angry, the implementation of the TSA have almost if not incapacitated the MDAs. they barely have funds to maintain their offices talkmore of giving bribes to Legislators on Oversight function....

33 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by PRYCE(m): 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2015
FastShipping:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/fayose-appeals-to-buhari-cjn/

Impeachment: Fayose appeals to Buhari, CJN

AGAINST perceived moves to impeach Governor Ayo Fayose, the hierarchy of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, yesterday, stepped up pressure on President Muhammudu Buhari to prevail on his party faithful and security agencies to check the disruption of the peace in the state.

The impeachment moves allegedly spearheaded by the outgoing members of the State House of Assembly, remained a matter of speculation yesterday even as it was claimed that the 19 legislators belonging to the All Progressives Congress, APC, may storm the state today.

Governor Fayose, on his part, called on President Buhari and Justice Mahmoud to call the 19 APC lawmakers to order.

Fayose and Buhari
Fayose and Buhari

Fayose, who spoke with newsmen at the Governor’s Lodge over the tension elicited by the speculated move of the APC legislators, insisted that all the entitlements of the APC lawmakers have been paid contrary to Speaker Adewale Omirin’s claim that they were yet to be paid.

The governor flaunted copies of the Skye Bank cheques dated May 26, 2015, issued to the lawmakers to corroborate his claim. One of the cheques, which bore the name Boluwade Bolie Kehinde was received on behalf of the lawmaker and had a sum of N2,149,052 .37on it

Fayose said it would amount to illegality for the embattled speaker, Adewale Omirin to continue to hold claim as the speaker when actually he had been removed from the post as far back as November 2014.

His words: “They have been dropping the name of President Muhammadu Buhari as giving them the backing to impeach me. How can an Assembly, whose tenure will wind up on Thursday be planning this? I wonder why the issue of the past should be allowed to come to play now.?

“As at the date the court gave the order, I mean April 23, Hon Adewale Omirin was not the speaker. It will be wrong for the court order not to be respected. This is illegality and I want to raise this for the public to know.

“Omirin has gone to court to challenge his impeachment and later withdrew such, which means he accepted he had been impeached and a cost of N100, 000 was awarded against him. So, he is not the Speaker. I am calling on well-meaning Nigerians, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mohammed Mahmoud and President Muhammadu Buhari to intervene in this matter.”

“How can somebody be living in another State and planning to invade his state? This is something else and I view this as a major crime anyone can commit against his people”, the governor added.

Commenting on the controversy over the payment of the salary and entitlements of the lawmakers, Fayose said they had been paid by last week Wednesday.

“They came to collect the cheques in Ado Ekiti in company of the Commissioner for Finance, Mr Toyin Ojo.”
Look at this Fücking idiot! Where in the entire write up was it stated that Fayose or PDP "Begged"?

How does this amount to begging??

Lots of Lil, Dumb kids on NL... guy don't waste my time again! CHAI!

Well I ain't Surprised. The Dullard's supporters gotta be dull themselves!

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Single Account Is A Fraud, Says Fayose by FastShipping: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2015
PRYCE:
Look at this Fücking idiot! Where in the entire write up was it stated that Fayose or PDP "Begged"?

How does this amount to begging??

Lots of Lil, Dumb kids on NL... guy don't waste my time again! CHAI!

Well I ain't Surprised. The Dullard's supporters gotta be dull themselves!

I wasn't surprised you began to throw insult. I don't need to argue with a fool like you. So get out!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Visits Finance Ministry, Demands Payment F N1.1bn Allocation - The Punch / Buhari Has Popularised Radio Biafra. PUNCH. / Before Parents Start Eating Their Kids - VANGUARD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.