Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:50 PM

Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. (10882 Views)

Intelligent Design Or No Intelligent Design? Can We Analyze This? / EMERGENCY! PLEASE GET IN HERE LET'S ANALYZE THIS VERY GORY PICTURE! / Christians, Please Analyze This Situation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Scholar8200(m): 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
JMAN05:

How does this tie with the purpose of that my comment? Or want to call my attention to a verse u think is ur best shot?
?

Will you then be fair and say the same thing to that person whom the words was first applied? Can u do that?

As regards the highlighted, who was that?
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
Scholar8200:
?

As regards the highlighted, who was that?

So u don't know? Next time. For now, allow d guy to reply my comment, don't derail it. If he doesn't want to answer, am ok with that rather than dragging the comment out of context.
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Scholar8200(m): 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
JMAN05:

So u don't know? Next time. For now, allow d guy to reply my comment, don't derail it. If he doesn't want to answer, am ok with that rather than dragging the comment out of context.

No problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 6:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
JMAN05:

Oga go and respond to my comment to u, and u are here blessing him when his comment didn't solve ur problem.
The Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit, the Son is not the Holy Spirit or the Father, and the Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son. They are each a distinct center of consciousness, a distinct form of personal existence. Yet, they all share the exact same divine nature/essence. Thus ONE GOD with three personalities.

The question is, Which Person became
incarnate in Jesus Christ? All three? Or
just one? Which one? The biblical answer is that only God the Son became
incarnate. The Father did not become
incarnate in Jesus and neither did the
Holy Spirit. Thus, Jesus is God, but he is
not the Father or the Holy Spirit. Jesus is
God the Son. This truth was made plain in John 1:14, which says “And the Word
became flesh and dwelt among us, and
we beheld his glory, glory as of the only
begotten from the Father, full of grace
and truth.” In context, the Word is God
the Son. Thus, it wasn’t the Father or the Holy Spirit who became man, but God the Son.
Likewise, at Jesus’s baptism we see the
Father affirming, “You are my beloved
Son, IN YOU I AM WELL PLEASED ” (Luke 3:22) He did NOT say, “YOU ARE ME , and with myself I am well pleased.” Rather, the Father affirmed that Jesus is the Son, his Son, and that Jesus is well pleasing to him. In this same verse we also see that the Holy Spirit is distinct from the Father and the Son, for the Holy Spirit is present in “bodily form like a dove.

This is SIMPLE as A.B.C, the bible clearly indicate trinity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by MizJanet(f): 10:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
This crazy doctrine you are trying to defend is one of the reasons many throw ur religion into the dustbin .

No.1 , you are simply brainwashed , you saw Father - Son relationship , is that not telling you that one is superior than the other ? If they are equal as the trinity opined , TWINs would have been used to describe them .

Malvisguy212

For the Holy spirit is present in a bodily form like a dove

And each christian has this dove within them , ryt ?

Are you not ashamed that ur god-the -holyspirit is an animal, a dove . Bull.shit .

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
MizJanet:
This crazy doctrine you are trying to defend is one of the reasons many throw ur religion into the dustbin .

No.1 , you are simply brainwashed , you saw Father - Son relationship , is that not telling you that one is superior than the other ? If they are equal as the trinity opined , TWINs would have been used to describe them .

And each christian has this dove within them , ryt ?

Are you not ashamed that ur god-the -holyspirit is an animal, a dove . Bull.shit .
alright.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Vecto(m): 10:08am On Nov 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
is Jesus a bad person?
not really. what I *meant* is he made it emphatically clear only God can be good. I'm not saying he is a bad person but his human nature is fallible.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Vecto(m): 10:10am On Nov 18, 2015
malvisguy212:
The Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit, the Son is not the Holy Spirit or the Father, and the Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son. They are each a distinct center of consciousness, a distinct form of personal existence. Yet, they all share the exact same divine nature/essence. Thus ONE GOD with three personalities.

the Son. Thus, it wasn’t the Father or the Holy Spirit who became man, but God the Son.
Son, IN YOU I AM WELL PLEASED ” (Luke 3:22) He did NOT say, “YOU ARE ME , and with myself I am well pleased.” Rather, the Father affirmed that Jesus is the Son, his Son, and that Jesus is well pleasing to him. In this same verse we also see that the Holy Spirit is distinct from the Father and the Son, for the Holy Spirit is present in “bodily form like a dove.

Why did jesus call the father the only true God? lets start with this. no diverting please.....
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Scholar8200(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2015
Vecto:
Why did jesus call the father the only true God? lets start with this. no diverting please.....
(Pls if my input is not needed just let me know)

Was Jesus the Name of the Pre-Incarnated Christ? NO

When and why was He to be so Named? When HE was to be incarnated (i.e to be found in fashion as a Man Matthew 1:21 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS:[bfor he shall save his people from their sins.[/b])

Therefore being found in fashion as a Man, do we see Him insisting on His being worshipped as God and trying to 'prove' to people that He was God? NO

Why?
7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross
Philipians 2:7-9

For One in this case, what would He call the Father? Like every other man, GOD!

Now while He didnt use His power as God, there were instances when HIS speech showed Who HE was.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 4:06pm On Nov 18, 2015
Vecto:
Scholar8200 God bless you.

Let me say a little. The Bible is full of scriptures that, when quoted without any consideration of others verses , a
person can misuse in all sorts of way. Jesus statement was made in opposition to the world's false god (as in God is"the only true God" ) you believe Jesus is the son of God, does that make Him a false God? NO. It was in the overall context of John’s
gospel account,which is filled with
statements testifying of Jesus’ deity, that
the apostle recorded Jesus’ prayer to His
Father the night of His betrayal (John 17).
But how can Jesus’ statement about His Father being “the only true God” be harmonized with statements by Jesus, the apostle John, John the Baptizer,
Thomas, etc. affirming the deity of
Christ? We believe that when a person
understands that Jesus’ statement was
made in opposition to the world’s FALSE
gods, and not Himself, the reference to
the Father being “the only true God”
harmonizes perfectly with the many
scriptures that attest to the deity of Christ. Infact the book of John is were christ is proclaimed God more than the rest gospel.

Furthermore, if Jesus’ reference to the
Father being “the only true God”
somehow excludes Jesus from being
deity, then (to be consistent) Jesus also
must be disqualified from being man’s
Savior. God said: “Besides me there
is no savior” (Isaiah 43:11) YET, Paul and Peter referred to Jesus as our “Savior” several times in their inspired writings (Ephesians 5:23; Philippians 3:20).

Bottomline, when you made an accusations, considered other verses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 4:09pm On Nov 18, 2015
Vecto:
not really. what I *meant* is he made it emphatically clear only God can be good. I'm not saying he is a bad person but his human nature is fallible.
you mean Jesus lied when he exclude himself for being Good?
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by dolphinheart(m): 9:15am On Nov 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
(Pls if my input is not needed just let me know)

Was Jesus the Name of the Pre-Incarnated Christ? NO

When and why was He to be so Named? When HE was to be incarnated (i.e to be found in fashion as a Man Matthew 1:21 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS:[bfor he shall save his people from their sins.[/b])

Therefore being found in fashion as a Man, do we see Him insisting on His being worshipped as God and trying to 'prove' to people that He was God? NO

Why?
7 but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross
Philipians 2:7-9

For One in this case, what would He call the Father? Like every other man, GOD!
So as you stated, jesus was not 100% God.

Now while He didnt use His power as God, there were instances when HIS speech showed Who HE was.
1.Give us an example.
2. All those powers he used in doing extraordinary things, where did it come from.
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by dolphinheart(m): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
Scholar8200 God bless you.

Let me say a little. The Bible is full of scriptures that, when quoted without any consideration of others verses , a
person can misuse in all sorts of way. Jesus statement was made in opposition to the world's false god (as in God is"the only true God" ) you believe Jesus is the son of God, does that make Him a false God? NO. It was in the overall context of John’s
gospel account,which is filled with
statements testifying of Jesus’ deity, that
the apostle recorded Jesus’ prayer to His
Father the night of His betrayal (John 17).
But how can Jesus’ statement about His Father being “the only true God” be harmonized with statements by Jesus, the apostle John, John the Baptizer,
Thomas, etc. affirming the deity of
Christ? We believe that when a person
understands that Jesus’ statement was
made in opposition to the world’s FALSE
gods, and not Himself, the reference to
the Father being “the only true God”
harmonizes perfectly with the many
scriptures that attest to the deity of Christ. Infact the book of John is were christ is proclaimed God more than the rest gospel.

Furthermore, if Jesus’ reference to the
Father being “the only true God”
somehow excludes Jesus from being
deity, then (to be consistent) Jesus also
must be disqualified from being man’s
Savior. God said: “Besides me there
is no savior” (Isaiah 43:11) YET, Paul and Peter referred to Jesus as our “Savior” several times in their inspired writings (Ephesians 5:23; Philippians 3:20).

Bottomline, when you made an accusations, considered other verses.

Bro, the prayer was for a reason, not to show his disciples the only true God cus he implied in that same prayer, that they already knew that.
The content of that prayer shows that jesus not only acknowledges the father as the only true God, but also adds that his power, authority and even the disciples where given to him my that only true God he is praying to. So jesus was praying to the only true God which is the father, and immediately after talking about the true God, he talked about himself stating that he is the one the true God sent to mankind. To emphasis to you that he is not the true God.
That jesus is sent by the father and that the power and authority exibited by jesus was given to him by the father resonates throughout the scriptures.
Even when jesus ascended to heaven, he still did this messaging work and remained subjected to God, despite being elivated above his companions. Even in heaven, those who will share in the divine nature will be jesus' brothers ,Gods sons!.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 10:06am On Nov 19, 2015
dolphinheart:

Bro, the prayer was for a reason, not to show his disciples the only true God cus he implied in that same prayer, that they already knew that.
The content of that prayer shows that jesus not only acknowledges the father as the only true God, but also adds that his power, authority and even the disciples where given to him my that only true God he is praying to. So jesus was praying to the only true God which is the father, and immediately after talking about the true God, he talked about himself stating that he is the one the true God sent to mankind. To emphasis to you that he is not the true God.
That jesus is sent by the father and that the power and authority exibited by jesus was given to him by the father resonates throughout the scriptures.
Even when jesus ascended to heaven, he still did this messaging work and remained subjected to God, despite being elivated above his companions. Even in heaven, those who will share in the divine nature will be jesus' brothers ,Gods sons!.
if you follow the argument, you will understand my point, Jesus indicate Him and the father are ONE, and during the baptism, the Father affirm 'IN YOU I am well pleased' what does this mean? It mean Christ is a man who was possessed by God. The fact that christ eat, sleep,wash his face, proved he is a man. And in John 17 Jesus pray like a man to God in his human nature. Even God call the son 'God'

Hebrews 1:8
But about the Son he says, "Your throne,
O God, will last for ever and ever; a
scepter of justice will be the scepter of
your kingdom.
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by dolphinheart(m): 10:39am On Nov 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
if you follow the argument, you will understand my point, Jesus indicate Him and the father are ONE, and during the baptism, the Father affirm 'IN YOU I am well pleased' what does this mean? It mean Christ is a man who was possessed by God. The fact that christ eat, sleep,wash his face, proved he is a man. And in John 17 Jesus pray like a man to God in his human nature. Even God call the son 'God'

your kingdom.

I did read ur post, that was why I replied you that your views are wrong. The content of that prayer shows why jesus prayed, who he prayed to, and the relationship between him and the person he is praying to. For the fact that jesus acknowledges that he was given power and authority and that he was told all he did and said nullifies ur view that jesus was 100% God. Cus that God jesus did nothing!, as jesus said all came from the father.
As ussual, you did not explain my scripture quotes, but I will explain yours.
Jesus said " he and the father are one" does not mean he and the father are equal. Why?cus a similar request was Made for humans and it does not mean the humans and jesus and the father are equal. It is about unity!.

Same way a husband and wife become one, but they are not equal in the family. The husband is the head of the wife, just as the God is the head of Christ!.

God is well pleased with jesus as jesus has remained faithfull, even till death.

You always read verse 8 of heb chapter 1 and deliberately ommit the next verse 9. The verse explains that the person talking in verse 8 is the God of jesus!.
Jesus is a God, a mighty God. But he, the scriptures, and apostles say he has a superior God. The God that gave him all his authority and power, that elivated him above his companions , that gave him a name, that annointed him, that told him to sit at his tight Side, the God that sent him,the only true God, his father, the supreme being.

Without that God sending him to us, jesus would never have become our savior!.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Scholar8200(m): 12:26pm On Nov 19, 2015
dolphinheart:

So as you stated, jesus was not 100% God.
John 1:1,18 establishes the fact that HE IS GOD. John 1:14 reveals He was made flesh. Hebrews 2:9 tells us why the Word was made flesh. And Philipians 2:5-9 gives us the mindset He had while in the flesh.

1.Give us an example.
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. (not " I was".)
John 8:58

Speaking of His Incarnation:

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
John 3:13

2. All those powers he used in doing extraordinary things, where did it come from.

They came from the same Source available to those who believe on Him today - the Holy Spirit by Whom the Father Indwelt Him!!! (just as HE Indwells believers today by the Spirit)

Matthew 12:28
But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.
Acts 10:38

But NOWHERE will you find that relating to the pre-incarnated Christ that God anointed Him with power to create the World, NO WAY.

Is He God? YES.

After the incarnation was He a man - YES

During the Incarnation was He still God - YES (the pronoun He in Philipians 2 was referring to the Pre-Incarnated Christ , not somebody else, and how He became flesh)

IS HE the Father? NO

IS HE the Holy Spirit? NO

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
Scholar8200:
John 1:1,18 establishes the fact that HE IS GOD. John 1:14 reveals He was made flesh. Hebrews 2:9 tells us why the Word was made flesh. And Philipians 2:5-9 gives us the mindset He had while in the flesh.

58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. (not " I was".)

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

They came from the same Source available to those who believe on Him today - the Holy Spirit by Whom the Father Indwelt Him!!! (just as HE Indwells believers today by the Spirit)

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

But NOWHERE will you find that relating to the pre-incarnated Christ that God anointed Him with power to create the World, NO WAY.

Is He God? YES.

During the Incarnation was He still God - YES (the pronoun He in Philipians 2 was referring to the Pre-Incarnated Christ , not somebody else, and how He became flesh)

IS HE the Father? NO

Excellent.nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Jozzy4: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
if you follow the argument, you will understand my point, Jesus indicate Him and the father are ONE, and during the baptism, the Father affirm 'IN YOU I am well pleased' what does this mean? It mean Christ is a man who was possessed by God. The fact that christ eat, sleep,wash his face, proved he is a man. And in John 17 Jesus pray like a man to God in his human nature.

In YOU I am well pleased " means possession grin , when your Father delights in you and said : my son , in you I am well pleased , it means ur father possess you grin , even KG student knows it indicate an approval .

Why dont you carry another translation, so una go understand

" You are my Son , the beloved , I have approved you " - Luk 3:22

Even God call the son 'God'
your kingdom.

Vrs 9 says Jesus HAVE A GOD
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Jozzy4: 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
Jesus said only the father , HIS GOD .. Is good.

" Nobody is good except God " , when jesus say God , he was speaking about his Father (check john 14:1 ) .
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by dolphinheart(m): 8:20pm On Nov 19, 2015
Scholar8200:

John 1:1 reveals that jesus is a God, a God that was with the father, the almighty God.

John 1:18 reveals that no one has seen God , it is the only begotten son that reveals/explain him.

John 1:14 reveals that the word became flesh . That we beheld his glory, the glory of the one and only begotten son of who? The father of us all.( not God himself).so he was not God in human flesh.

Let's look at the context around heb 2:9

”9 But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, (this is to show you that someone made him human)now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death,(even after he was crowned by someone, he did not have equality with that person that crowned him) so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.
10 In bringing many sons and
daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he
suffered.
11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers
and sisters.
12 He says,
“I will declare your name to my
brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.”( does the almighty God have brothers and sisters, does the God jesus have brothers and sisters?)
13 And again, “I will put my trust in him.” i
And again he says, “Here am I, and the children God has given me.”
14 Since the children have
flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity( it was not a Partial sharing of divine and human nature ) so that by his
death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil—
16 For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. 17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God,( this same service to God he continued when he went back to heaven) and that he might make atonement for the sins of
the people. 18 Because he
himself suffered when he was
tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Can you now see why and how jesus came to earth as fully human in every way a human is human with no additions!?

Philipians 2:5-9 did not only give us the mindset He had while in the flesh, but also gave us jesus mindset before he became human and when he became human.
That is why God exalted him, to show you he is not God almighty. And all these was done to the glory of who ? The father, the only true God.
(verse 11-13)

So jesus never said "he is God"
Does saying "I am" as a statement or part of a sentence mean you are God.?

That he that came from heaven is not God almighty but someone sent by God almighty. Someone who God trusts that he will do Gods will to the end.

So you agree that jesus got his power and authority from the father, his God.

This statement can be true only if you agree that the glory and honour, power and authority giving to jesus after he went back to heaven was incomplete. That God did not fully answer to his request on the glory he had before coming to earth(do you remember that prayer by jesus). Cus the scriptures let us know that it was still thr father who gave the holy spirit by the request of jesus even after jesus ascension to heaven. So if jesus is not almighty God when he went back to heaven, he definitely was not almighty God before he came to earth.!

Is He God? YES.

IS HE the Father? NO

He was a God, a mighty God, but he was not almighty God .

When he became flesh, did he still have his divine nature? No he became fully human, he left one nature for the other and did not have two natures at once, and the scriptures points to all his miracles as power from the father. No wonder no miracle was mentioned untill the holy spirit came upon him!

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 25, 2015
malvisguy212:

Mr lecturer, how did this sermon solve ur problem. My brother said Jesus called Jehovah Father, you said because Jesus was in the flesh. Now, when Jesus said I and the father are one, was he in the spirit? That should render the latter argument fiutile. Such double standard is what I want u to beware of.

The vascilation frm u guys is pitiable. My position is not the definition of trinity. The bible never taught god the son. I wonder where that twist was seen in the bible record.

The love u guys have for this unscriptural trinity is sad, but I pray God helps u guys. To Jesus, Jehovah is his Father and God whom he worships even tomorrow John 20:17. God help u guys. That I pray.
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 6:50am On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by plappville(f): 7:05am On Dec 08, 2015
malvisguy212:

1. Jesus has two natures, He is God
and man.
2. Each nature is full and complete ,
He is fully God and fully man.
3. Each nature remains distinct.
4. Christ is only one Person.
5. Things that are true of only one
nature are nonetheless true of the
Person of Christ.

Jesus is a man. A man who was possessed by God.

Someone said the Father is not Jesus. Here you are saying Jesus is a man who possesse God. Why all these confusion. Jesus is not the FATHER make so much sense because he proved it several times by praying to the Father. Father cant be Son. And Son cant be Father. Why not leave it this way? We all agree The son was not praying to himself but to His Father. The simplicity of the bible is awesome. We should avoid making the bible a hard to understand book.
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 8:42am On Dec 08, 2015
plappville:

Someone said the Father is not Jesus. Here you are saying Jesus is a man who possesse God. Why all these confusion. Jesus is not the FATHER make so much sense because he proved it several times by praying to the Father. Father cant be Son. And Son cant be Father. Why not leave it this way? We all agree The son was not praying to himself but to His Father. The simplicity of the bible is awesome. We should avoid making the bible a hard to understand book.
NO, Jesus is NOT the father, infact, it was NOT God the father that incarnate in Jesus, it was God the son. A good example is the baptism of Jesus, here we read ALL three was present at the same time.
Matthew 28:19-20
Go Therefore and make disciples of
all the nations, baptizing them in the
NAME of the Father and the Son and
the Holy Spirit, teaching them to
observe all that I commanded you;
and lo, I am with you always, even to
the end of the age."

It should be noted that the other two
names (Father and Holy Spirit) are names for God. In fact, the text says specifically that they should be baptized in the NAME (SINGULAR), not names, of the three persons mentioned. In order to be one name, they must all represent God.
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by plappville(f): 9:32am On Dec 08, 2015
dolphinheart:

I did read ur post, that was why I replied you that your views are wrong. The content of that prayer shows why jesus prayed, who he prayed to, and the relationship between him and the person he is praying to. For the fact that jesus acknowledges that he was given power and authority and that he was told all he did and said nullifies ur view that jesus was 100% God. Cus that God jesus did nothing!, as jesus said all came from the father.
As ussual, you did not explain my scripture quotes, but I will explain yours.
Jesus said " he and the father are one" does not mean he and the father are equal. Why?cus a similar request was Made for humans and it does not mean the humans and jesus and the father are equal. It is about unity!.

Same way a husband and wife become one, but they are not equal in the family. The husband is the head of the wife, just as the God is the head of Christ!.

God is well pleased with jesus as jesus has remained faithfull, even till death.

You always read verse 8 of heb chapter 1 and deliberately ommit the next verse 9. The verse explains that the person talking in verse 8 is the God of jesus!.
Jesus is a God, a mighty God. But he, the scriptures, and apostles say he has a superior God. The God that gave him all his authority and power, that elivated him above his companions , that gave him a name, that annointed him, that told him to sit at his tight Side, the God that sent him,the only true God, his father, the supreme being.

Without that God sending him to us, jesus would never have become our savior!.

I am loving this piece.... kiss kiss
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by plappville(f): 9:37am On Dec 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
NO, Jesus is NOT the father, infact, it was NOT God the father that incarnate in Jesus, it was God the son. A good example is the baptism of Jesus, here we read ALL three was present at the same time.
Matthew 28:19-20
Go Therefore and make disciples of
all the nations, baptizing them in the
NAME of the Father and the Son and
the Holy Spirit, teaching them to
observe all that I commanded you;
and lo, I am with you always, even to
the end of the age."

It should be noted that the other two
names (Father and Holy Spirit) are names for God. In fact, the text says specifically that they should be baptized in the NAME (SINGULAR), not names, of the three persons mentioned. In order to be one name, they must all represent God.

I am satisfy with the bold. End of questioning you. Thanks for your time God bless.
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 10:10am On Dec 08, 2015
plappville:

I am loving this piece.... kiss kiss
Who did isaiah see in isaiah 6 ?
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by plappville(f): 10:20am On Dec 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
Who did isaiah see in isaiah 6 ?

Tell me please. . smiley
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Richirich713: 10:22am On Dec 08, 2015
"In the year that King Uzzi'ah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim; each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.’

"And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: ‘Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!’

......And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for US?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’ And he said, ‘Go, and say to this people:

Hear and hear, but do not understand; see and see, but do not perceive." Make the heart of this people fat, and their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.’

Isaiah (6:1-10)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by Richirich713: 10:24am On Dec 08, 2015
"Even after Jesus had done all these miraculous signs in their presence, they still would not believe in him. This was to fulfill the word of Isaiah the prophet: ‘Lord, who has believed our message and to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?’ For this reason they could not believe, because, as Isaiah says elsewhere: ‘He has blinded their eyes and deadened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn—and I would heal them.’ Isaiah said this because he saw Jesus’ glory and spoke about him." John 12:37-41 NIV

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 10:34am On Dec 08, 2015
plappville:

Tell me please. . smiley
okay, I want you to do research on this, take ALL your time and understand the truth in this. Study isaiah 6:1-5 and study John 12:41.

Remember
Isaiah 28:10
For it is precept upon precept, precept
upon precept, line upon line, line upon
line, here a little, there a little.”

This is how to study the scripture and then with a teachable spirit.
Re: Why Do You Call Me Good? Analyze. by malvisguy212: 10:36am On Dec 08, 2015
Richirich713:
"In the year that King Uzzi'ah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and his train filled the temple. Above him stood the seraphim; each had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called to another and said: ‘Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory.’

"And the foundations of the thresholds shook at the voice of him who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said: ‘Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!’

......And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send, and who will go for US?’ Then I said, ‘Here am I! Send me.’ And he said, ‘Go, and say to this people:

Hear and hear, but do not understand; see and see, but do not perceive." Make the heart of this people fat, and their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed.’

Isaiah (6:1-10)

God bless you. I would've Love them to do more research.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastafarians, Let's Meet Here / 10 Good Reasons Why You Should Go To Church / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.