Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,761 members, 7,806,084 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) (93995 Views)

Our 2017 Projects Review With Pictures (electrical, Cctv, Whole House Audio,etc / Fire Oubreak At Oriental Hotel In Victoria Island, Lagos. See Photos / OUR Cctv Installation With Pictures.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by Nobody: 3:46am On Nov 16, 2015
Malakh:
make u dey deceive yourself wishful thinking na from sky the money go come or from that country
U dey mind am? U belief... Haha
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by October1960: 3:59am On Nov 16, 2015
A place the ruling elite can hide from the mess they helped create.

Is Nigeria a future Somalia??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by Chukzyfcb(m): 4:16am On Nov 16, 2015
coleon:

No disrespect sis but I am sorry that with this ur mentality u ll never be rich.
Have u ever wondered y a business man will leave offices he could hv rented in agege or abulegba for 200k and will rent d same office for 2m per annum in Victoria island, it's cos he needs to connect to make more money.
In ur local language it's called connection but in business it's called economies of scale, so u can relate if u re business inclined .Did u think d likes of adenuga and dangote dnt have mansions in ijebu or kano? They do but they must connect thus they need to hv mansion in banana island to connect and prove a point thus it's a perogative.
What a rich man sees from far the poor will always think it's stupid thus the poor remains poor and the rich gets richer.
A change in mentality is what u need and so it's not waste of money but a business strategy, u shld also pray that u get there so u too can mingle and connect with the billionaires.

No disrespect but your mentality is flawed, so because you want to mingle with the billionaires, you'll live above your means? Na ur type dey die of fake life. Experts say you shouldn't spend more than 30% on House rent. E.g if u earn 20m annually, you shouldn't pay more than 6m as rent. So for you to be renting a house @ Banana island means u worth X3 annually. You mustnt live @ banana island to mingle with the rich! The bible says: Show me a man DILIGENT in his ways and he shall stand before kings and not mere men! Your craft will take u heights, not your location.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by bummyla(m): 5:31am On Nov 16, 2015
I Will Get There Soon By GOD's Grace! Amen! http://www.bummyla.com
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by miqos02(m): 5:32am On Nov 16, 2015
nice pics
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by TI1919(m): 6:01am On Nov 16, 2015
Not even close to where I live grin

You can live there too, all you need to do is accept Christ as your Lord and personal savior and live a holy life here on earth. And together we would be in paradise cool

Jesus loves you

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by spiralwedge(m): 6:08am On Nov 16, 2015
shizzy7:
I will rather settle down in a mansion that is less expensive in Ibadan, delta or Calabar where there is no crazy traffic, few people, low standard of living and fresh air.

Exit the main gate of Banana Island and you will experience crazy Lagos life.

Chai.. This statement obviously underline the difference between the mentalities of the rich and the poor. Ehhh yaa

My darling, if you are super rich to have a real estate in Banana Island, road traffic shouldn't be your concern. Your concerns will be how many helipads to be build and how many yachts and flying boats to procure..
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 16, 2015
ramdris:
Am gonna own a huge mansion in the island soonest. Click like if u belief u can also...
shut up and work towards it
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by Deo27: 6:30am On Nov 16, 2015
The reasoning of the poor and the rich are always different, that is why the rich get richer while the poor get poorer.
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by SamjohnnyB(m): 6:57am On Nov 16, 2015
ramdris:
Am gonna own a huge mansion in the island soonest. Click like if u belief u can also...
am going to own a similar or bigger island one day.
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by oleeee(m): 7:06am On Nov 16, 2015
Datazone:
them nor born you well to go rob for there...
YOU BE THIEF?

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by 36posts: 7:16am On Nov 16, 2015
SMH
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by STILESGANG: 7:21am On Nov 16, 2015
janellemonae:

They are clearly not unecessary showoffs. There are a lot of beautiful cheaper estates in Victoria island and lekki wt much more land to build ur dream house. There are other things to spend money on when life is not a competition.

Linda was trying to prove a point. She's proved it. It still won't earn her friends in d industry. And she & her parents will still not be invited to dinner wt d billionaire neighbours.
If Nigerians artistes have the means to live in banana island,all of them would have bought houses there.Showing off is what they love doing best.
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by RexTramadol1: 7:38am On Nov 16, 2015
We shall start the strawberry island soonest

Make I sha live somewhere with my money

Nothing concerns me with Mango or pine apple island

In other news

Start time edifices!
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2015
lasisi69:
End time Island definitely

Guy u don mad.

2 Likes

Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by Nobody: 7:56am On Nov 16, 2015
STILESGANG:
If Nigerians artistes have the means to live in banana island,all of them would have bought houses there.Showing off is what they love doing best.

They are not all showoffs. Someone like tufacec has plenty schoolfees of children at home and abroad to pay for. Saving to buy a house in banana is not a priority.
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by 36posts: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2015
undecided
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by dboss444: 7:59am On Nov 16, 2015
Read this
original Banana Island construction project entitled
“Lagoon City” was the brainchild of the Late Chief Adebayo
Adeleke, a University of London trained Civil Engineer
(MICE), and CEO of City Property Development Ltd.
Chief Adebayo Adeleke had originally commissioned a new
urban development in Maroko, Victoria Island, but that
project had been ‘acquired’ by the Lagos State government
with no financial consideration paid. Following a lengthy
10 year court case, Lagos State government offered other
parcels of land as consideration for the Maroko
development.
Many scoffed at Chief Adeleke’s decision to select the Ikoyi
Island perimeter, however they were unable to appreciate
the foresight of the Chief, who promptly engaged the
Westminster Dredging Company to dredge the foreshore,
and create six interlinked and symmetrical islands.
He wanted to create a development that would “Make
Nigeria Proud”, and engaged Minoru Yamasaki the
architect of Manhattan’s Twin Towers, to design replica
twin towers as the flagship iconic buildings on the main
island.
To complete the Lagoon City concept, Chief Adeleke
planned an aesthetic design including a City Airport, which
was a vision conceived long before the London Docklands
Development, London City Airport, Dubai’s Palm Islands or
Hong Kong’s Chek Lap Kok Airport.
Unfortunately for the Chief, as soon as he had reclaimed
the land and the brilliance of the idea was unveiled, others
were determined to wrestle the land from him, and the
project was ‘acquired’ again with no consideration being
paid to City Property Development Limited. The
‘acquisition’ is currently being challenged in various courts,
and there are Caveat Emptor warnings in place to warn
prospective buyers that their investment could be at risk in
future. There is also litigation pending in the UK and
European courts regarding this matter.

U see what lagos state did to the original creator of d idea cos he is a nigerian
Can this same govt do same to chagory group. Chagory group has banana island and is funding hugely eko atlantic, just because he is lebanase-nigerian. I cry for the black race
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by segun359(m): 8:00am On Nov 16, 2015
Chai God oh reason my matter oh....I must buy house for here oh
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 16, 2015
spiralwedge:

Chai.. This statement obviously underline the difference between the mentalities of the rich and the poor. Ehhh yaa

My darling, if you are super rich to have a real estate in Banana Island, road traffic shouldn't be your concern. Your concerns will be how many helipads to be build and how many yachts and flying boats to procure..

Most rich people can't pay for a hatch or private jet. Those can cost about 6 bilkion Naira a piece.
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by STILESGANG: 8:07am On Nov 16, 2015
janellemonae:

They are not all showoffs. Someone like tufacec has plenty schoolfees of children at home and abroad to pay for. Saving to buy a house in banana is not a priority.
Even if 2face is not paying any schoolfees he Still can't afford a house there same every other Nigerian entertainer.

At the moment lekki is still their bustop grin grin grin
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by shizzy7(f): 8:09am On Nov 16, 2015
spiralwedge:

I will go to another state and build my own banana island, maitama and all. That place is toooo overrated and ridiculously expensive for what you get.

You might call it a "Poor man's mentality" but I'll rather build a mansion with half the price of a small house in Banana Island, then build an orphanage home with the other half.

Helipad within Lagos, 3000km2(Nigeria's smallest state) with 18m people you have to be kidding me.
A state that is too choked.
If you have more than 10 destinations to go to within Lagos, you think you'll see space for helipad in all those places?? Come again...

Banana island is a cool place but outside that island, what do you get??

1 Like

Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by chukxie(m): 8:25am On Nov 16, 2015
What we need in Nigeria are affordable government or private sectors funded houses for low and middle income earners to buy and own. The rich can afford to own as many houses/properties as they wish but the same can't be said for average Nigerians. We live in a country with almost non existent government funded houses. Our government plays little or no roles in the property market. It is this lack by our government, both past and present in the property sector that has emboldened some wicked landlords/ladies to keep increasing their rents for houses some of them built in the 70's. In countries like China, South Korea, Malaysia etc, the government is investing heavily in the property market. As a matter of fact, China is reaping huge revenue from its property market; and that's why construction sites and cranes are ubiquitous in China. A Chinese person on a 5000 Yuan (N155,879) monthly salary can approach a bank for a housing loan with payment options ranging from five - fifteen years. Let me quickly add 5000 Yuan can't buy a new Samsung Note5! We have land in abundance. We have the money to fund affordable housing projects all over Nigeria. We have the manpower to execute such projects. The only thing we lack is foresight. May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by femo86(m): 8:27am On Nov 16, 2015
Seculent:

End time. sad Argument.

Lasisi69 and hooli sad

Lasisi69 Odds 12.3
Draw Odds 5.2
Hooli Odds 1.4
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by 36posts: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2015
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by zykson(m): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2015
Chief Adeleke is Davido's grand father
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by Seculent: 11:02am On Nov 16, 2015
femo86:

Lasisi69 Odds 12.3 Draw Odds 5.2 Hooli Odds 1.4 grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
gringrin
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by ameynuJR(m): 11:17am On Nov 16, 2015
I've a dream that I will own a mansion in this Banana Island by God's grace
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by trapQ: 11:29am On Nov 16, 2015
the picture with the speed boats isn't banana island.
Richy4:
So a place like this is really in my country? Beautiful.
So why do they usually show Ugliest part of Nigeria on NL. like Aba after rain, or some parts of Lagos being flooded ? And there are places like this?
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by trapQ: 11:30am On Nov 16, 2015
in 200 years right??
Orina:
Eko Atlantic will make banana island look like benin city
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by neweraomo: 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
damton:
By the time I buy mine,

Banana island would have become a Ghetto.
amen
Re: Banana Island, Lagos: What You Should Know (with Pictures) by Shalomdee(f): 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
iskalamong:
Beautiful. Good for the billionaires owning building and businesses there. Mine is on the way! Yours too. Shalom!
Amen. Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Man Moves His House After Government Threatened To Demolish It (photos) / Construction Pictures Of A 5 Bedroom Bungalow With A Pent House / US Returnee In Tears After She Saw The "2storey" Her Brother Built For Her (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.