Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice (7308 Views)

Man Redesigns An Abandoned Peugeot 504 In Enugu (Photos) / Car Freaks – Which Car Will You Give Your All For? / I Need Advice Between Acquiring Used Kia Picanto And Peugeot 206 And Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by baaliyah(m): 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2015
Early 2014 my architect friend wanted a good and reliable car that could travel any time and fuel efficient. He had settled for 406, I advised him objectively, he knew close to nothing about cars. We left Wuse zone 1 for Kubwa road. the first towing vehicle we met at NAFDAC office had a 406 as its tail. In total we counted four (4) 406 and one 206 parked by road side with opened hood awaiting mechanic. I lived at Kubwa, I just parked at apopular peogeot stand, the guy said pls take me away from here, don't u see that all faulty cars we had seen were mostly this brand.
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by nurey(m): 7:23am On Nov 23, 2015
baaliyah:
Early 2014 my architect friend wanted a good and reliable car that could travel any time and fuel efficient. He had settled for 406, I advised him objectively, he knew close to nothing about cars. We left Wuse zone 1 for Kubwa road. the first towing vehicle we met at NAFDAC office had a 406 as its tail. In total we counted four (4) 406 and one 206 parked by road side with opened hood awaiting mechanic. I lived at Kubwa, I just parked at apopular peogeot stand, the guy said pls take me away from here, don't u see that all faulty cars we had seen were mostly this brand.

I didn't want to comment on this thread before but this your school of thought na wa. Peugeot is more common in the north, so you expect to see more of it as the major broken down vehicles on your journey. When am in lagos, from Eko hotel and suites (ikoyi) to end of thirdmainland bridge, you will see more honda and toyota parked aside with all forms of problem, it all boils down to preference associated with certain parts of the country

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by kingreign(m): 9:40am On Nov 23, 2015
nurey:

I didn't want to comment on this thread before but this your school of thought na wa. Peugeot is more common in the north, so you expect to see more of it as the major broken down vehicles on your journey. When am in lagos, from Eko hotel and suites (ikoyi) to end of thirdmainland bridge, you will see more honda and toyota parked aside with all forms of problem, it all boils down to preference associated with certain parts of the country

Wrong assertion.
Honda is more common up north. I still put it that peugeot is wrong choice especially 406 and 607.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by baaliyah(m): 12:37pm On Nov 23, 2015
@nurey, I am very sure there are more Camry in Abuja than Peugeot. I don't know of far north. I lived in FCT for 12 years, six years in auto industry. If I see a towing van with a kind of SUV/CUV it is most likely a Murano, if it is a sedan, there is 50% it is a 406. it is fact.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by DGD1(m): 12:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
kingreign:

Wrong assertion.
Honda is more common up north. I still put it that peugeot is wrong choice especially 406 and 607.

u sha nno wan gree
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by abatically(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2015
kingreign:

Wrong assertion.

406 is a good solid car. Would I choose it above a Camry or accord of the same year? NO (Unless I'm buying ta as a second car). 607 on the other hand is a very very wrong choice of car to buy. That car is a disaster.
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by elusive2: 4:14pm On Nov 23, 2015
Siena:

This response makes absolutely no sense.
You're confusing fuel tank capacity with fuel consumption. They are very different.
Example: A Kia Picanto with a 55 litre fuel tank will cost more to fill up, compared to a Toyota Corolla 1.8 with a 43 litre tank.
Will the Toyota Corolla give better gas mileage as a result? It really pays to think carefully, before displaying ignorance on an online forum.
Choi!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by nurey(m): 4:41pm On Nov 23, 2015
kingreign:

Wrong assertion.

How did you come about this your statistics, the camry he is even talking about is not common in the North.
The most common car you will ever come across in the north Abuja upwards starts with the Golf, then the European honda civic 1.4 and 1.6 EFI. The 406 is a good car as for my choice also, I will pick the camry of same year over the peugeot.
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by kingreign(m): 4:52pm On Nov 23, 2015
nurey:

How did you come about this your statistics, the camry he is even talking about is not common in the North.
The most common car you will ever come across in the north Abuja upwards starts with the Golf, then the European honda civic 1.4 and 1.6 EFI. The 406 is a good car as for my choice also, I will pick the camry of same year over the peugeot.

Have you stayed in the north for up to 4weeks? If yes, Which of the northern states?
Well, I've stayed in many Northern towns. Abuja, Suleja, Jos, Bauchi, Yola, Gombe etc. Cumulatively for 27 years.

Honda is more common, followed by Opel and Golf (which is used by Transport guys) followed by peugeot.

But I still say it, Japanese vehicle over french vehicles cool

Btw, how's your Nissan micrasunny? wink

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by nurey(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
kingreign:

Have you stayed in the north for up to 4weeks? If yes, Which of the northern states?
Well, I've stayed in many Northern towns. Abuja, Suleja, Jos, Bauchi, Yola, Gombe etc. Cumulatively for 27 years.

Honda is more common, followed by Opel and Golf (which is used by Transport guys) followed by peugeot.

But I still say it, Japanese vehicle over french vehicles cool

Btw, how's your Nissan micrasunny? wink

I have stayed in the North for more than 6months kano, but I guess you have more experience than me so I will backdown for now. Besides my car is a Nissan Almera not sunny,Not sentra, not primera.

How is Your legs-us and Hi-lender. LOL but I don't agree with your ascertion of jap over French, the 508, 407 and 308 are something to marvel @

4 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by tivta(m): 8:57pm On Nov 24, 2015
Toyota is number one in the world for a reason...

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by tivta(m): 9:01pm On Nov 24, 2015
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by abatically(m): 7:03am On Nov 25, 2015
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by tivta(m): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2015
abatically:

When u tell them, dem no go gree, dem go say na naija mentality.
My brother, what do you expect from brand ambassadors? Lol.

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by kingreign(m): 9:25am On Nov 25, 2015
tivta:

My brother, what do you expect from brand ambassadors? Lol.
: angry grin grin
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by FiftyFifty(m): 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2015
Hmm... which Camry ar u people comparing 406 with? I hope is not dt ugly one a.k.a "tiny light" or its sister "big for nothing". Those 2 can NOT in anyway be compared with Peugeot 406 in design, luxury/comfort, performance, handling, safety, security or prestige. I've had 2002 406 & now have 607. We have Camrys in our family so I know what I'm talking.

To d Op: follow ur mind. He who follows only where others follow, will make no discovery. Best wishes.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by kingreign(m): 9:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
FiftyFifty:
Hmm... which Camry ar u people comparing 406 with? I hope is not dt ugly one a.k.a "tiny light" or its sister "big for nothing". Those 2 can NOT in anyway be compared with Peugeot 406 in design, luxury/comfort, performance, handling, safety, security or prestige. I've had 2002 406 & now have 607. We have Camrys in our family so I know what I'm talking.

To d Op: follow ur mind. He who follows only where others follow, will make no discovery. Best wishes.

A 2002-2006 CAMRY XLE has 8 airbags, ABS, VSC, disc brakes all wheels, and vacuum brake boosters, front and rear crumple zones, and even head rest, reinforced pillars and door panels. Isn't that safe enough for that year model?

A 2002-2006 CAMRY is built with comfort in mind hence the extra noise dampening systems installed, super smooth power steering, active rear mirrors, side mirrors, and auto rear blinds, with JBL synthesis plus 6CD plus 8 speakers and subwoofer(satnav) optional, Auto HVAC front and rear ventilation systems, and genuine leather/premium cloth upholstery, and also twilight sentinel Isn't that comfortable and luxury enough?

A 2002-2006 CAMRY has a 2.4 i4 as standard 3.0V6 which was changed to a 3.3V6. This is mated to a 4sp auto/5speed manual, and in the SE and 3.3 V6, its mated to a 5sp auto. Isn't that enough to leave a peugeot tailing its dust. This same car has mcpherson struts at all wheels, plus LSD front and rear, with lower arm front. Isn't this enough to provide grip and performance?

nurey:

I have stayed in the North for more than 6months kano, but I guess you have more experience than me so I will backdown for now. Besides my car is a Nissan Almera not sunny,Not sentra, not primera.
How is Your legs-us and Hi-lender. LOL but I don't agree with your ascertion of jap over French, the 508, 407 and 308 are something to marvel @

A french car can never surpass a Japanese car. Not even their hyper cars. Can any of their hyper cars surpass a Lexus LFI, Godzilla or even an evo?

Their passenger sedan/hatch didn't even get anywhere near a thorough bred Japanese. Have you stepped into a Toyota Mark or crown, or even a nissan celfiro before you concluded?
I no wan talk about the Infiniti/lexus/acura brands o because even envy go come out now
I laugh in Japanese grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:49am On Apr 28, 2018
kingreign:

A 2002-2006 CAMRY XLE has 8 airbags, ABS, VSC, disc brakes all wheels, and vacuum brake boosters, front and rear crumple zones, and even head rest, reinforced pillars and door panels. Isn't that safe enough for that year model?

A 2002-2006 CAMRY is built with comfort in mind hence the extra noise dampening systems installed, super smooth power steering, active rear mirrors, side mirrors, and auto rear blinds, with JBL synthesis plus 6CD plus 8 speakers and subwoofer(satnav) optional, Auto HVAC front and rear ventilation systems, and genuine leather/premium cloth upholstery, and also twilight sentinel Isn't that comfortable and luxury enough?

A 2002-2006 CAMRY has a 2.4 i4 as standard 3.0V6 which was changed to a 3.3V6. This is mated to a 4sp auto/5speed manual, and in the SE and 3.3 V6, its mated to a 5sp auto. Isn't that enough to leave a peugeot tailing its dust. This same car has mcpherson struts at all wheels, plus LSD front and rear, with lower arm front. Isn't this enough to provide grip and performance?

A french car can never surpass a Japanese car. Not even their hyper cars. Can any of their hyper cars surpass a Lexus LFI, Godzilla or even an evo?

Their passenger sedan/hatch didn't even get anywhere near a thorough bred Japanese. Have you stepped into a Toyota Mark or crown, or even a nissan celfiro before you concluded?
I no wan talk about the Infiniti/lexus/acura brands o because even envy go come out now
I laugh in Japanese grin

3yrs after and I still find this post accurately amusing

or amusingly accurate

2 Likes

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:12pm On Apr 28, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

or amusingly accurate

grave digger... angry

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by OgaKazeem(m): 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

grave digger... angry
semetry observer
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by kingreign(m): 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
OgaKazeem:

semetry observer
pall bearer/undertaker

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:57pm On Apr 28, 2018
OgaKazeem:

semetry observer

lazy Nig yoot angry

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by OgaKazeem(m): 4:20pm On Apr 28, 2018
kingreign:
pall bearer/undertaker
mortuary attendant lwkmd

1 Like

Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by OgaKazeem(m): 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

lazy Nig yoot angry
yes I am proud to be lazy. if dts wat it takes to make a legit living hehehe
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by kingreign(m): 4:30pm On Apr 28, 2018
OgaKazeem:
mortuary attendant lwkmd
choi kazeem don finish me!
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by Sunymoore(m): 6:02pm On Apr 28, 2018
Why are the garbage men here disturbing our peace? I'll still get that camry if money complete
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by OgaKazeem(m): 6:11pm On Apr 28, 2018
kingreign:
choi kazeem don finish me!
hehehe.... shun sir oga
Re: I'm Confused On Which Car 2 Buy Betw Toyata Camry And Peugeot 406.pls Advice by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

or amusingly accurate
You can say that again.

Check my signature in blue below and contact us by clicking the WhatsApp Chat link

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Best Car Blogs In Nigeria / Nissan To Unveil Mind-Reading Car System That Speed Up Drivers Reaction Times / Tips For Extended Tyre Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.