Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Dear Nollywood, Before Your Next Movie, Consult A Media Planning Director - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dear Nollywood, Before Your Next Movie, Consult A Media Planning Director (661 Views)

Check Out The Next Movie That Is About To Storm The Cinemas, The Silver Spoon / The Wedding Party 2: Niyi Akinmolayan Replaces Kemi Adetiba As Movie Director / Register For Next Movie Star 2017 & Audition Date | Next Movie Star Audition Ven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nollywood, Before Your Next Movie, Consult A Media Planning Director by Orikinla(m): 10:35pm On Nov 15, 2015
90% of Nollywood movies bomb, because both the executive producers and producers either don't have a media plan or are clueless about a media plan for promoting and marketing their movies. Making noise about a movie does not mean you have a media plan. And I see more of opportunism than pragmatism in Nollywood.

After two major films financed by the NEXIM Bank and Bank of Industry bombed (flopped) woefully and left the executive producers in debt, the banks have not reviewed the reasons why their films failed and they preferred to live in denial. All they know about is asking for collateral and it is business as usual in Nollywood. Again, those they are engaging as film distributors have also failed to perform.

Now, they give you a loan to make a movie and then pass on the movie to the distributor and exhibitor they also gave loans to set up distribution and exhibition platforms and none of them has a Media Planning Director. Any film without a media plan will fail whether in Hollywood, Bollywood or Nollywood. And I have never seen any film production in Nollywood with a media plan. Their best knowledge of a media plan is to print posters and look for wherever to paste them on the street, publish some news on the movies in some columns in newspapers, spam Facebook and other free to use social network websites. End of story. And then sit back and expect box office hits and smiling to the banks only for the pirates to pounce on their movies and show them How To Market Movies 101.

Another bank has come to fish in the troubled waters of Nollywood without any media plan or even research on why previous movies financed with bank loans failed and left the executive producers in debt.

They heard that "30 Days in Atlanta" made more than US$500, 000 at the cinemas in Nigeria and someone is actually bragging about that when the executive producers are not celebrating. Has anyone found out how much they spent on making the movie?

Here are what a Media Planning Director can do for you.
Responsibilities of the Media Planning Director:
The overall objective of the role is to provide the fantastic film client with a best-in-class media agency service - conceiving & creating engaging, innovative strategy decks, & managing all areas of the Comms planning process - pulling on consumer insight, category analysis, research & reporting & managing the briefing process for both internal teams & external media owners/ suppliers/ partner agencies from inception through execution
*To understand how media strategy fits into overall marketing and advertising strategy

See 11 innovative movie marketing campaigns on http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/32219.asp#singleview

Re: Dear Nollywood, Before Your Next Movie, Consult A Media Planning Director by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 15, 2015
Some have really up their game....

Not Charles Anwurum and the likes o
Re: Dear Nollywood, Before Your Next Movie, Consult A Media Planning Director by bigtt76(f): 10:53pm On Nov 15, 2015
The not only need a media planner but also a good subject matter expert to advise them during scripting else we go continue de see ghost looking left and right before crossing road or even making phone calls sef grin
Re: Dear Nollywood, Before Your Next Movie, Consult A Media Planning Director by bronzegoddess(f): 10:58pm On Nov 15, 2015
Lol. E.g- genevieve nnaji's "road to yesterday". All I see is "genevieve's dress to the movie premiere", "omotola steps out in black dress for movie premiere", "toke makinwa goes braless to movie premiere"....all on linda ikeji's blog and in their minds, they have created publicity.

I kuku know I can never go to the cinema to watch a nigerian movie...nevuuuuurrrrr
Re: Dear Nollywood, Before Your Next Movie, Consult A Media Planning Director by Orikinla(m): 6:56am On Nov 16, 2015
bronzegoddess:
Lol. E.g- genevieve nnaji's "road to yesterday". All I see is "genevieve's dress to the movie premiere", "omotola steps out in black dress for movie premiere", "toke makinwa goes braless to movie premiere"....all on linda ikeji's blog and in their minds, they have created publicity.

I kuku know I can never go to the cinema to watch a nigerian movie...nevuuuuurrrrr

They still don't understand how the film industry works.
They need to learn a lot from nearby South Africa.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Actor Olumide Bakare / Dstv....what Does DEEHOOLJNRQ Really Mean? / (video)"captain America: Civil War" Watch New TV Spot Featuring Superheroes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.