Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion (13134 Views)

Abaya, The Only Person Dino Melaye Follows On Instagram (photos) / IGP Bans BBOG Protests In Abuja And Its Environs, Deploys Anti-Riot Police (Pics / Military Kills 114 Militants In Ogun And Lagos Creeks - Today.ng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Herald47: 11:56pm On Nov 15, 2015
I'm from imo state though,anambra state is undisputably the third most developed state in nigeria after lagos state and abuja.i was surprised when i visited the state,the rate at which the state is developing is surprising because the state gets low allocations from fg,it has no port yet(both sea and air).from my findings 80% of it's development was achieved through human capital development,although the state has huge gas deposit and commercial oil deposit,this does not in anyway herald the state's rapid development,because i observed that oil exploration in the state has not fully commenced.i also noticed that the city of onitsha is quickly expanding into neighbouring towns such as oba,nkwelle ezunnaka,33 e.t.c.industries and estates springing up every in the city.from my observations,i don't think there is any state apart from lagos and abuja that is more developed than anambra state.
Those who sees anambra state as a poor state should please travel down to the state and see for themselves.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Nobody: 12:00am On Nov 16, 2015
True talk OP. No state in Nigeria can boost of 3 developed metropolis as Anambra...Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi. Don't forget Nkpor...just as developed as Nnewi. Even their villages are developed.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by nzeobi(m): 12:02am On Nov 16, 2015
Am from imo but lived in Ihiala (anambra) and schooled in the state too. What impressed me more about anambra is their road networks which is the best in the country and I knew all this because during my industrial training with a borehole drilling company I toured many towns in the state.

For me the reason is that anambra had produced governors who have placed emphasis on infrastructure like roads and school unlike imo where propaganda is the other of the day.

Is in anambra that you see 90% of their male graduate quickly taking to business, go to China, India, south Africa, europe, Ghana and lagos and you will see that they are naturally blessed enterprenuers.

Peter obi and ngige tried I hope Willie emulates them too and transforms anambra into a dubai or taiwan

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Nobody: 12:07am On Nov 16, 2015
Tryst me when I say this.... Human capital dey excess for anambra.

Among the measure cities. There is never a business or investment you will make that wont give you returns...

Just mention it.... School, hospital. Housing estate, law chambers, filling station, trading, manufacturing, agriculture, hotels, assembling. Importing, even exporting. Help me and mention them.

Human capital is what is driving the state....
And in this kind of place nobody depends on oil here....
You work hard to achieve your money...
Anambra is not for lazy ones...

Excess money that rotates dey for anambra. You see people huzzling and making it.

From a true biafran son.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Ezeibe(m): 12:12am On Nov 16, 2015
Please who knows when buhari's tenure will expire, am tired already ..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by ismoh90: 12:18am On Nov 16, 2015
Real2020:
True talk OP. No state in Nigeria can boost of 3 developed metropolis as Anambra...Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi. Don't forget Nkpor...just as developed as Nnewi. Even their villages are developed.

Propbly because daz d only places u knew of.. u forgoten place porthrct ? Ibadan ? Kano ? .. have u visitd dem ? Pls do

9 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by aresa: 12:18am On Nov 16, 2015
Who dash you develop.?

Typical low self esteem and shallow chest beating villager... grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by ismoh90: 12:19am On Nov 16, 2015
Pleaseeee Oooh.. letz c anambra pix
Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by ismoh90: 12:21am On Nov 16, 2015
aresa:
Who dash you develop.?

Typical low self esteem and shallow chest beating villager... grin
Lol.. dem neva go some states

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Herald47: 12:33am On Nov 16, 2015
nzeobi:
Am from imo but lived in Ihiala (anambra) and schooled in the state too. What impressed me more about anambra is their road networks which is the best in the country and I knew all this because during my industrial training with a borehole drilling company I toured many towns in the state.

For me the reason is that anambra had produced governors who have placed emphasis on infrastructure like roads and school unlike imo where propaganda is the other of the day.

Peter obi and ngige tried I hope Willie emulates them too
i don't think their road is the best in the country,the northern states has the best roads,but i still give kudos to anambra state than the northern states because it's only in anambra state that you can seen an individual construct 3km solid road for his community,that of the north are fg projects.

17 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Herald47: 12:56am On Nov 16, 2015
ismoh90:

Propbly because daz d only places u knew of.. u forgoten place porthrct ? Ibadan ? Kano ? .. have u visitd dem ? Pls do
mr man i'm talking about a whole state and not cities

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by nzeobi(m): 1:00am On Nov 16, 2015
Herald47:
i don't think their road is the best in the country,the northern states has the best roads,but i still give kudos to anambra state than the northern states because it's only in anambra state that you can seen an individual construct 3km solid road for his community,that of the north are fg projects.
No I mean state roads and even some federal roads except onitsha enugu express way. Go round the state and see for your self

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 16, 2015
ismoh90:

Name me 3 big cities in Kano, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Kaduna? You can only name one, maybe 2 at most in these states. But in Anambra you can name 4 or 5 cities that are well developed. That is the focus of this thread and my post.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by kaura5000: 3:16am On Nov 16, 2015
Real2020:

Name me 3 big cities in Kano, Ogun, Oyo, Ondo, Kaduna? You can only name one, maybe 2 at most in these states. But in Anambra you can name 4 or 5 cities that are well developed. That is the focus of this thread and my post.
why not start with telling us how many cities are developed in abuja since you give abuja as yardstick

4 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Nature8(m): 4:35am On Nov 16, 2015
nzeobi:

Is in anambra that you see 90% of their male graduate quickly taking to business, go to China, India, south Africa, europe, Ghana and lagos and you will see that they are naturally blessed enterprenuers.

Peter obi and ngige tried I hope Willie emulates them too and transforms anambra into a dubai or taiwan

You're very correct bro, I've observed that myself..

7 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Nature8(m): 4:40am On Nov 16, 2015
Herald47:
mr man i'm talking about a whole state and not cities

Their road network is what trips me most..

13 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Saurab: 4:48am On Nov 16, 2015
Real2020:

Kaduna State:- Kaduna (which is undoubtedly more developed and bigger than anambra as a whole), Zaria(which I believe is more populated and cosmopolitan than all the cities in anambra), Kagoro, Kafanchan, Zango Kataf, Kachia and Zonkwa. Travel my brother. I don't want to talk of Kano sef.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by cremedelacreme: 5:01am On Nov 16, 2015
Saurab:

Kaduna State:- Kaduna (which is undoubtly more developed and bigger than anambra as a whole), Zaria(which I believe is more populated and cosmopolitan than all the cities in anambra), Kagoro, Kafanchan, Kachia and Zonkwa. Travel my brother. I don't want to take of Kano sef.

Kaduna city may be bigger than the Anambra cities of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi in terms of land mass but saying Zaria is more populated and cosmopolitan than all the cities in Anambra shows that you need to travel yourself. No offense please.

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Saurab: 5:02am On Nov 16, 2015
cremedelacreme:

Kaduna city may be bigger than the Anambra cities of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi in terms of land mass but saying Zaria is more populated and cosmopolitan than all the cities in Anambra shows that you need to travel yourself. No offense please.

Tell me any city in Anambra that is more populated and cosmopolitan than Zaria.

5 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by gwales: 6:13am On Nov 16, 2015
Thank God it is only your opinion

5 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by YoruBanger: 6:24am On Nov 16, 2015
Like they say, opinions are like butt-holes -- everyone's got and entitled to one, even when it's dead-wrong. grin Now here's my own opinion; Anambra ain't shyt, been there, seen it and it ain't nothing but hype. Yimu.

7 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by titanic1(f): 7:23am On Nov 16, 2015
Dont forget kano

2 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by mandarin: 7:37am On Nov 16, 2015
A lot of youths undermine other groups outside their own.Developments and sustainability are far from most cities/states in Nigeria. The op based his position on his exposure and it showed he hasn't travelled that much.The Kaduna story is right, Zaria is developed and a large city. Kafanchan too. Kano city may be is more than all those places the op mentioned put together.
Ogun is ahead with Sango otta to papalanto metro, Abeokuta, ijebu ode-Ikene, Sagamu.
May be in terms of market but urbanization is another thing because if developments mean settlements and houses even Ondo state will play huge talk less of Oyo, Rivers, Niger and even Kwara and Abia.
So op pls travel more.what looks like development to you is jus a country struggling to come out of poverty.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 16, 2015
Saurab:

Kaduna State:- Kaduna (which is undoubtedly more developed and bigger than anambra as a whole), Zaria(which I believe is more populated and cosmopolitan than all the cities in anambra), Kagoro, Kafanchan, Zango Kataf, Kachia and Zonkwa. Travel my brother. I don't want to talk of Kano sef.

I grew up in Zaria...so you know. Zaria maybe populated but no where as developed or viable as any of the 3 big cities in Anambra. Zaria cannot assume capital status as Kaduna city but Onitsha and Nnewi can assume that status in 24 hrs.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by QuotaSystem: 7:44am On Nov 16, 2015
Are individuals supposed to be building roads or investing the wealth to create jobs?

That's just poor leadership at play in such areas.

Herald47:
Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by BMedia: 7:50am On Nov 16, 2015
Kaduna is bigger, more developed and more cosmopolitan than Anambra and any of the communities you mentioned. I served in Onitsha so I know what I'm saying.

Let's not even bring up Kano.

You need to travel bro.

cremedelacreme:

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by SSPX(m): 8:04am On Nov 16, 2015
I'm presently staying in kano kano have no city apart from kano municipal

8 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by banki(m): 8:10am On Nov 16, 2015
Real2020:

I grew up in Zaria...so you know. Zaria maybe populated but no where as developed or viable as any of the 3 big cities in Anambra. Zaria cannot assume capital status as Kaduna city but Onitsha and Nnewi can assume that status in 24 hrs.

You guys just wake up and make funny assumptions

Biko gini na gini nokwa na nnewi?
There is a military base in zaria
There is an airforce base in zaria
There is a flying school in zaria
There is atexitle mill in zaria
There is one of nigeria biggest universities which is a town on its own, only comparable to Nnsuka and ibadan?

Please let's be honest in our assertions

1 Like

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Herald47: 8:12am On Nov 16, 2015
mandarin:
A lot of youths undermine other groups outside their own.Developments and sustainability are far from most cities/states in Nigeria. The op based his position on his exposure and it showed he hasn't travelled that much.The Kaduna story is right, Zaria is developed and a large city. Kafanchan too. Kano city may be is more than all those places the op mentioned put together.
Ogun is ahead with Sango otta to papalanto metro, Abeokuta, ijebu ode-Ikene, Sagamu.
May be in terms of market but urbanization is another thing because if developments mean settlements and houses even Ondo state will play huge talk less of Oyo, Rivers, Niger and even Kwara and Abia.
So op pls travel more.what looks like development to you is jus a country struggling to come out of poverty.
therd is a big difference between a city and a town,most of those places you mentioned are towns.kaduna state has only one major city which is kaduna,ogun state has one major city which is abeokuta,abia state has 2 major cities which are umuahia and aba,kano state has one major city which is kano,delta state has 2 major cities which are asaba and warri,anambra has 3 major cities which are awka,nnewi and onitsha.
NB:Ijebu ode,ota,kafanchan,zaria are towns and not cities,anambra state have lots of towns that is as developed as those places,they are oba,oko,obosi,agulu,okija,akokwa e.t.c still they are not cities but towns,i have travelled to many cities in nigeria.in imo state,my home state,okigwe town is as developed as ijebu ode still it's not accorded as a city.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Nobody: 8:17am On Nov 16, 2015
banki:

You guys just wake up and make funny assumptions

Biko gini na gini nokwa na nnewi?
There is a military base in zaria
There is an airforce base in zaria
There is a flying school in zaria
There is atexitle mill in zaria
There is one of nigeria biggest universities which is a town on its own, only comparable to Nnsuka and ibadan?

Please let's be honest in our assertions

You are listing government owned and supported institutions...remove all these government institutions and presence; Zaria is a desert. Do you know how many private industries, real estate, factories and banks are in Nnewi? Nnewi has an economy of its own while Zaria doesn't...largely supported by tax payers or oil money. Hope you get where I'm going...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by gwales: 8:26am On Nov 16, 2015
Herald47:
therd is a big difference between a city and a town,most of those places you mentioned are towns.kaduna state has only one major city which is kaduna,ogun state has one major city which is abeokuta,abia state has 2 major cities which are umuahia and aba,kano state has one major city which is kano,delta state has 2 major cities which are asaba and warri,anambra has 3 major cities which are awka,nnewi and onitsha.
NB:Ijebu ode,ota,kafanchan,zaria are towns and not cities,anambra state have lots of towns that is as developed as those places,they are oba,oko,obosi,agulu,okija,akokwa e.t.c still they are not cities but towns,i have travelled to many cities in nigeria.in imo state,my home state,okigwe town is as developed as ijebu ode still it's not accorded as a city.
you are only being mischievous by claiming that nnewi and onitcha are cities while zaria is not. Did you know that one of the most criteria for distinguishing settlements is by population and function. By population I doubt if nnewi have more people leaving in it, while when it comes to function zaria can easily qualified as an educational city and defense city

3 Likes

Re: After Abuja And Lagos,anambra Follows-opinion by Abagworo(m): 8:46am On Nov 16, 2015
The OP is not from Imo State otherwise he wouldn't have listed Akokwa as Anambra. He is right in one aspect which is urbanization. Right from time Anambra has been the 2nd most urbanised State after Lagos. It is not disputable. Anambra has towns upon towns which are semi-urban almost in its entire length and breadth.

However development has more meaning than population density. Even at that Anambra is still one of the most developed States though not the 3rd.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Farooq Kperogi: 'FFK, Pantami’s Friend in Fraud, In EFCC Net Over Fraud' / Constitution Alteration Bill: 35 Items To Be Transmitted To Buhari For Assent / Breaking News - Elections Cancelled. Fresh elections- Obi vs...BAT!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.