Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete (11247 Views)

NCC Suspends Data Price Increase / Why We Reduced Mtn’s N1.04trn Fine – NCC / MTN CEO Resigned Over N1.4trillion Fine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by idolda: 10:31am On Nov 16, 2015
FG has shifted the Nov 16 payment deadline on fine imposed by NCC according to the press release by mtn group:

Shareholders are advised that the Executive Chairman of the Company, Mr Phuthuma Nhleko, has personally met with the Nigerian authorities to continue the ongoing discussions with them regarding the fine of N200,000 for each unregistered subscriber (“the fine”), the equivalent of US$5.2 billion imposed on MTN Nigeria by the Nigerian Communications Commission ("NCC"wink. These discussions include matters of non-compliance and the remedial measures that may have to be adopted to address this.

Although the Nigerian Communications Commission (“NCC”) set a deadline for payment of the fine by Monday, 16 November 2015, shareholders are advised that the Nigerian authorities have, without prejudice, agreed that the imposed fine will not be payable until the negotiations have been concluded.

https://www.mtn.com/Media/Pages/pressreleasedetail.aspx?pid=314&country=South%20Africa&year=2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by nastyesco(m): 10:35am On Nov 16, 2015
First to comment...I hereby dedicate this victory to all those who were told u cnt make it...u cn like I jst made this grin

3 Likes

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by damton(m): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2015
I don't think this humongous amount would eventually be paid by MTN.

1 Like

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by dominique(f): 10:40am On Nov 16, 2015
So when is the new deadline? I have a feeling that heavy negotiations are on-going behind the scenes. MTN may eventually pay only a small fraction of the fine.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by kulobyno: 10:41am On Nov 16, 2015
I can see the handwork of Association of Skuth Africa Voodoo Priests and Sorcerers. They will manipulate our dear government and NCC until our government will part MTN at the back and even pay MTN for damages otherwise why have they not fined DSTV 5trillion for unwholesome practices, exploitation, profiteering, contempt of court and a host of other ignoble activities

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Charlydot2(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Kufie(m): 10:41am On Nov 16, 2015
Someone has been bribed

1 Like

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by kimond101: 10:41am On Nov 16, 2015
I'll advice the Nigerian government to stick to the fine as MTN would serve as a scapegoat to other firm that is into noncompliance to regulations.

12 Likes

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by johnstar(m): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2015
Yeye dey smell
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by dkronicle(m): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2015
Mtchew.... Last last they woont pay the 5B

1 Like

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by pretydiva(f): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2015
Mctewww..mtn won't pay dis fine..mark my words

2 Likes

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by osabiya16(m): 10:42am On Nov 16, 2015
B4 un ko grin

The money is too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by 360ng: 10:42am On Nov 16, 2015
okay
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 16, 2015
At the end of the day, they must pay. Shittu too needs some money from there to rehabilitate himself and be integrated into the Abuja society. He dresses like a village man from Ibadan. Very soon, he'll upgrade.

MTN pay up!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by bettercreature(m): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2015
damton:
I don't think this humongous amount would eventually be paid by MTN.
The amount doesn't make any good sense,how can they fine them 1000$ per sim does that make sense
The same Nigerian people who hail the 5billion naira fine would have called for PMB's head if MTN threating to leave Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by klickash077(m): 10:43am On Nov 16, 2015
money don exchange hands(bribe), typical of Nigerian parastatals

5 Likes

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by looseweight: 10:43am On Nov 16, 2015
Ok
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by BCISLTD: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2015
angry NCC better collect that money oooo

Check this out

https://www.nairaland.com/2740386/shelves..beautiful#40074659

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 16, 2015
I knew this was going to happen.
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2015
Hope issues are resolved asap
agric pays.
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by coldsummer: 10:45am On Nov 16, 2015
[size=15pt]When are they moving in on DSTV[/size]
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 16, 2015
THEY MUST PAY OO, BUT IF DEM PAY FINISH NKO? HOW HIN GO TOUCH ME?
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Greatihex(m): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2015
I hate mtn.
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by osabiya16(m): 10:45am On Nov 16, 2015
360ng:
okay
u fine o You're really an illusion to mankindgrin
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2015
This is shameful and validates a thumb-down for the Buhari government! What negotiation? Is this government aware that a wholistic definition of corruption will include the scenario it is now playing out? This , overtime, will dent Buhari's international image. Mtcheeew! The change mantra appears warped after all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by gbaskiboy: 10:46am On Nov 16, 2015
oya it serves them right
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Remyboyhefty(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
grin
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by McBrooklyn(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
Girl be lyk dis when they meet their fellow
girls

Ada: Sweetheart howfa?

Tina: Darling am ok

Ada: Waow! I love your hair

Tina: Thank you my love

Ada: You're welcome honey. Am coming to
your house today, so how is it gonna be?

Tina: Sweet

Ada: I hope you have food at home?

Tina: Yes sweetheart, just come over anytime
you like

A GUY DECIDED TO TRY SAME WITH HIS
FRIEND

Peter: Sweetheart howfa nah?

Ibe: Come, you smoke?

Peter: Handsome, I love this your belt

Ibe: Oboy wait o, which day you turn to gay?

Peter: Can I come over to your house?

Ibe: Come do wetin?

Peter: Ok, ok, can i take you out tonight or can i
come over to your house?

Ibe: Idiot, make better thunder fire you there.
So you dey find who you go tear im yarsh and
person wey go follow you go prison for
14years abi? Make better thunder fire you there
grin grin grin

If MTN didn't pay up what will then happen with the subscription I just did angry

2 Likes

Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by menix(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
FG FG FG, how many times I call una

MTN must pay before the end of this month else radio active thunder will fire u all..

If any consideration must be taken, it must be reduction of the 1.4 trillion to 1.3 Trillion nd must be paid before the month end...

Buhari take note, except u want to run a deficit budget..
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by luvinhubby(m): 10:47am On Nov 16, 2015
20pounds:
At the end of the day, they must pay. Shittu too needs some money from there to rehabilitate himself and be integrated into the Abuja society. He dresses like a village man from Ibadan. Very soon, he'll upgrade.

MTN pay up!!!
grin cheesy
Re: NCC Suspends MTN's N1.4Trillion Fine Until Negotiations Are Complete by Nickymezor(f): 10:52am On Nov 16, 2015
[quote author=Kufie post=40074152]Someone has been bribed[/quote Lolz, nt far frm it.... Money seems to be exchanging hands...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTK Vs Qualcomm Devices. Which Is Better? Which Do You Prefer? / Android Games And Link / What's So Special About This Phantom 6?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.