Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari (30511 Views)

Buhari: "Ojukwu Visited Me In 2003 & We Agreed That Nigeria Must Remain One" / I Will Do Everything Possible To Keep Nigeria As One – Buhari / I Don't Want To Hear Non-sense, Nigeria Must Remain One -buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Serendip: 2:41pm On Nov 16, 2015
Despite the ongoing pro-Biafran protests rocking some parts of the country, President Muhammadu Buhari on Monday said Nigerians had resolved to remain one.

He said the fact that the country witnessed a lot of internal strife and a civil war since independence and has remained united was a proof of the people’s resolve to remain one.

Buhari spoke during the launch of the 2016 Armed Forces Remembrance Day Emblem and Appeal Fund at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

He said he was proud to address the gathering in honour of those who he said devoted their lives to the service of the country and the world at large.

The President said, “Today’s occasion reminds us of the need to appreciate the noble contributions of our fallen heroes who paid the supreme sacrifice to maintain national and international peace and security.

“Our nation has recently celebrated 55 years of political independence and continues to remain as one indivisible entity despite several grievous challenges.

“Since independence, Nigeria has witnessed a lot of internal strife, survived a civil war and has remained united.

“This feat achieved by the country is an eloquent testimony to the determination of our citizens to remain as one people.

“The sacrifices of our fallen heroes, heroines, and veterans who rose up to the security challenges cannot go un-noticed.”

While describing the current terrorism challenge as a trying time for Nigeria, Buhari described the theme of this year’s remembrance, “Motivating the Nigerian Armed Forces for Effective Service Delivery” as very apt for the current realities.

He lauded men of the nation’s armed forces for their courage and sacrifices in grappling with the wave of terrorism, oil theft​ and piracy in some parts of the country, saying they have displayed unalloyed loyalty and commitment to Nigeria.

source: http://punchng.com/nigerians-are-determined-to-remain-one-buhari/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by benedictnsi(m): 2:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
may be The old man just listened to Lucky Dube —— TOGETHER AS ONE gringrin that's why he is sounding as if he has something good to offer to the BIAFRANS grin

To all those people who jumps from Thread
to thread, shouting "END-TIME", "END OF
THE WORLD"...... better respect your MISERABLE SELVES. If you are tired of LIVING in this earth, look for the nearest BUCKET AND Kick. After all, you will definitely meet your age mates in hell.

Most of you don't have a single legacy and
are not even more religious than we........ we
know the world will come to an end one day
buh I mean, no one made you a REMINDER

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 16, 2015
this man sef, does Hausa and Yoruba represent the whole of Nigeria?

147 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by adonis89(m): 2:51pm On Nov 16, 2015
Thunder fire u.

115 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Stolen: 2:58pm On Nov 16, 2015
Daura Dul.lard is speakingg from his anus

115 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by brize(m): 3:06pm On Nov 16, 2015
Yes, Nigeria (yoruba nd hausa) wants to remain the same..... Biafra wanna be on it's own.

154 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by tswitch: 3:07pm On Nov 16, 2015
I am Nigerian and don't want to remain a Nigerian!

Can someone kindly tell the dingbat dullapo of a president to wake up and smell the coffee!

We are tired of being in the same territory with nitwits.

100% Niger Deltan

147 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Nobody: 3:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
Yes we remained one regardless of our shortcomings and we will remain one after all the deed has been done.

Eveyone needs our oyel. grin let no one be greedy.

However we are giving a last shot for good governance and a functional system for the future of our children's children.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by maputohq: 3:14pm On Nov 16, 2015
The only thing I love in Nigeria is the Super Eagles. Aside that,all hail Biafra

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
the dullard has refused to use his brain... team #biafra. blessed people

one nigeria is a scam

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Karlovich: 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
We all agree with you, there's no point dividing nigeria. All those agitating for biafra should be charged with treason. grin

15 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by EasternPride: 3:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
Dullaaard

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Armaggedon: 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
The zoo's end is near

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by yang(m): 3:19pm On Nov 16, 2015
The chief baboon and terrorist has woken up from his doldrums

Biafra has already left the zoo

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by ruggedboy01: 3:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
Keep deceiving yourself king bubu of northern nigeria undecided

If other ethnic groups want to be in Nigeria, igbos have shown they don't wanna be part of this forceful marriage anymore....

So let them go sad angry

75 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 16, 2015
what a silly post... i stopped reading when i saw the topic
biafra till infinity
if nigeria is united, whats the point in resolving to REMAIN ONE?

70 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by vedaxcool(m): 3:23pm On Nov 16, 2015
Yes oh to keep Nigeria one is task that must be done. I remain firm and steadfast on this singular axiomatic fact!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Serendip: 3:27pm On Nov 16, 2015
vedaxcool:
Yes oh to keep Nigeria one is task that must be done. I remain firm and steadfast on this singular axiomatic fact!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by lasisi69(f): 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
End time

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Lovexme(m): 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
That Peak Milk moment.

#Determined
Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by anonimi: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2015

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by lonelydora: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
Except we Biafrans. Read the second part of my signature.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by wisdomguy4u(m): 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
Buhari is a tribal and religious bigot. A man who only sees good in the North. The North is a heavy load to the rest of Nigeria, it's dragging the country backwards.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2015
Yes we are....
Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by obailala(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hehehe.... Food is ready for the transition radio secessionists... Ngwanu wete nu efere grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
angry

Buhari has bribed the press for a media silence on Biafra, especially the western press, inspite of the nosediving Nigerian economy.
We know already, and since he has decided to continue living in denial, we have started plans for PROTEST 2.0.
I PITY Nigeria, this time, we will spell it out for everyone, they won't be able to ignore.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by dammytosh: 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
Yes ooo

All the miscreants rioting about Biafra have nothing to lose.

A struggle without any reputable leader apart from one small boy with dual citizenship who knows he can always fly to Britain whenever the war gets out of hand anytime.

Either jobless graduates who don't know where to vent their frustration or miscreants.

Sane Ibo guy doing his business does not give a hoot about any Biafra.

Imagine one f00l saying all ibos in the north should come back home.

I served in the north and all the houses in my area including the one i stayed had Ibo Landlords.

So they should abandon it because some mediocres just finished smoking red pepper.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by lekjons(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
some people're naturally greedy e.g. all the posters before me..

after they get the succession, they'll still kill themselves over the oyel.. greed! nonsense!angry
Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by Kingstaplus(m): 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2015
.jokk
Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by MadCow1: 3:30pm On Nov 16, 2015

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Determined To Remain One – Buhari by ultrazone(m): 3:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
God bless PMB

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Zahra Buhari & Her Husband, Ahmed Indimi At Hanan Buhari's Photo Exhibition / Senate Broke Into Chaos Over EFCC Nominees As Saraki Calls For Order / What Does The Future Hold For Twitter Influencers In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.