Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,881 members, 7,802,847 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? (11393 Views)

Is There Any Comic Artist Is Enugu Metropolis I Can Work With? / Man Meets Talented Artist In Abuja Market. See What He Did Within 5 Minutes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2015
Ok...hope you are 18+...lol..

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 9:52pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
Hulk Smaaaaash!!
u re very very selfish! Ahaha! So u cud do dis! Ye pa my life
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2015
The files I promised to send you are way too large. I don't know why it keeps failing while trying to send them to you.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 9:54pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
Ok...hope you are 18+...lol..
lol,no o am 10yrs! Wow but bro ds z gud.How many yrs did it take u do b abl 2 do ds
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
The files I promised to send you are way too large. I don't know why it keeps failing while trying to send them to you.
is it more dan 5mb? If it z den i guess it can't go thru.My frend tried sendn andrew loomis's pdf nd it did d sme thg
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 9:56pm On Nov 28, 2015
You can learn it in 2days...if you grab things fast...
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 9:57pm On Nov 28, 2015
Rotlan dis z nt gud o.Ds na torture i swear! *crying*
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 9:58pm On Nov 28, 2015
Its more than 5mb...well, if we ever get to meet, be sure I will be loading you with lots of materials to use.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
ure kiddn ryt? 2days?! 2 b a comic artist?! Wen bro.sunkanmi sed it takes alot of practse and yrs 2 b a paid comic artist.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 10:00pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
Its more than 5mb...well, if we ever get to meet, be sure I will be loading you with lots of materials to use.
wow! Thx! But u can send thru sum1
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2015
Yeah...constants practise but 2days to familiarise yourself with the basics. Besides, it depends on what aspect you want to focus on..is it penciling, inking, lettering or coloring.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 10:07pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
Yeah...constants practise but 2days to familiarise yourself with the basics. Besides, it depends on what aspect you want to focus on..is it penciling, inking, lettering or coloring.
lol everythng dat has 2 do wit comic art.I want 2 b able 2 create,make my imaginatn come thru jst by drawing it and den penciln,inking and d likes comes in.Wic1 are u learning is it inking and colouring?
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 10:10pm On Nov 28, 2015
I love inking and coloring
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
I love inking and coloring
dats nyc! Atlst u can do sth and it shud b easy 2 learn.Bro am thikn of quitn edu 4 ds comic o
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 10:15pm On Nov 28, 2015
Abeg, don't quit you education for comics or anything else for that matter
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
Abeg, don't quit you education for comics or anything else for that matter
ah,am jst fed up! Futa dey do me wayo o.afta kolect 10k 4 c.o.c,stl no admsn
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2015
So because Futa didn't admit you, quiting your education is the next thing abi. The question is, why are you paying 10k? Are your grades too low to secure your admission or what?
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 10:26pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
So because Futa didn't admit you, quiting your education is the next thing abi. The question is, why are you paying 10k? Are your grades too low to secure your admission or what?
Dis was wat apend.I chose 2 study archy bt i didnt meet d cutoff mark(i got 60 and d c.m z 71) so i bought change of course form wic z 10k.Til nw nth and am nt d only 1 in ds o
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2015
Still, I still say....never be one to be referred to a the "quitter"
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 10:42pm On Nov 28, 2015
rotlan:
Still, I still say....never be one to be referred to a the "quitter"
hmmm i lyk dat thx
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by Polarbite(m): 10:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
Bro u sed u color and ink? So who drew al ds nw
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 8:12am On Nov 30, 2015
@POLARBITE: Don't feel so sour you didn't make the cut for the course I studied into my alma mata that you get online & calling it a #thief. Life doesn't always go the way you expect so suck it up. When online better you watch your words carefully.
For more info on the comic industry in Nigeria,Africa & the world at large. Like ComicPanel on facebook & read their blog daily like I do www.comicpanel.org. We call it the "Linda Ikeji of the Comic Industry"

Polarbite:
hmmmmm,music 2 my hears.I hpe i cn make it.Yes,futa na ole.I didnt meet archy cutof so i had 2 change my course(10k) 2 mining.engr,bt sill waitn 4 list.So i guess my calln z ds comic thing.I've creatd alot of stories bt ain't coming 2 lyf.Is it gonna take yrs b4 i cud b a comic artist?
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2015
@ROTLAN: Common,bro,2days to be comic artist that's way too fast...When @POLARBITE's level of drawing skills hasn't been ascertained yet. Does he even know the basics of anatomy,gesture & drawing dynamic action poses etc using pencils or inks 1st before we even talk of knowing Photoshop or SketchBook Pro to colour up?!!Safer to say a week & then another week of practice/feedback. Let him even post his pencil or ink works here to get a feel of his art...Am waiting to see your stuff*grinning*musing to myself*

rotlan:
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 9:07am On Nov 30, 2015
@demrickM...I wasn't talking about learning to be a comic artist in 2days. I stated that it shouldn't take more than 2days to learn the Basics of either lettering. Coloring, inking etc not all of them combined. I didn't mean being perfect in drawing either, just the basics. Glad you follow comicpanel...Yours truly is managing that platform now so look forward to greater stuffs.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2015
DerrickM (corrected).....didnt spell it well the last time. I went through you blog. Great work bro....
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
Hey,great,you got my name correctly(next time you could modify your former post easily)*lol*rotflr*. Yeah,thanks,bro,just supporting our African industry via my blog. Hopefully launching the web/video tutorials section covering topics from comic making to other topics highlighted on my blog from December 2015 into 2016. Hopefully my artist friends won't use "Am Busy Ooo" alot*hehehe*lol

rotlan:
DerrickM (corrected).....didnt spell it well the last time. I went through you blog. Great work bro....
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by DerrickM(m): 1:07pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ok now I get it,you meant the basics. Now about the blog,great work & content. I normally give credit to the blog for similar contents I post with my spin on it. Just please work on the typo errors in the article headings and content. I complained directly to Ayo via bbm,whatsapp & his direct mobile line. You are representing us to the world so be on brand & on point. best regards...

rotlan:
@demrickM...I wasn't talking about learning to be a comic artist in 2days. I stated that it shouldn't take more than 2days to learn the Basics of either lettering. Coloring, inking etc not all of them combined. I didn't mean being perfect in drawing either, just the basics. Glad you follow comicpanel...Yours truly is managing that platform now so look forward to greater stuffs.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2015
Your observation about comicpanel is noted. Just got signed on though, so these are some of the issues I will be fixing. Love to see some of your work too...did you draw that @ur profile.
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 6:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
So used to drawing with my pen and paper. So I decided to do something different today. Got sketchbook installed on my pc and decided Logan would be my first digital drawing...heheh* my brodo, it was weird drawing without a pen and paper, but shey I try?...lol..
Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 6:14pm On Nov 30, 2015
The process started here....

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
Detailing...

Re: HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? by rotlan(m): 6:58pm On Nov 30, 2015
More detail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Importance Of Branding Your Business / Exams / See This Unique 5 Bedroom Bungalow Architectural Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.