Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend (6680 Views)

The Spirit Of My Late Girlfriend Is Appearing to me / How To Detect If Your Boyfriend Is A Good Guy. / How To Know If Your Partner Is Obsessed With You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Lcoolbabe(f): 3:45pm On Oct 16, 2006
Hi guys. I really need help. There is this guy i started dating recently, though we jumped into the affair without getting to know ourselves better. He once told me that he lost his girlfriend thru death and i didnt know the girl was too dear to him not until i confided in one of my friends that know him and he also confides in her. Well, of late, he started giving me some cold shoulders. On three ocassions, he dissapointed me and i was so mad with him. I decided to tell this my friend and she told me some reasons why he was behaving like that. The reason is(in fact) he is still obssessed by his late girlfriend. I tried to talk to him about the issue, though he said a few but he was still not sure of himself of starting a new life. What he at last told me was to please give him sometime to get himself. I said to him, u wouldnt have put me in the game in the first place cos my heart is involved. Y' all know what? I regret ever knowing him- i think i said this to him. Should I give him the time to get himself or GET BUSY with my life? Pleaseeeee, i need favourable advice. Thanks all.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by joyblinks(f): 7:39pm On Oct 16, 2006
Baby i would say u should get on with your life. if this guy really loves you, he is suppose to be happy with you. no matter what has happened in his life, even if he lost his Father. what i will advice u is that, i know u love him, but for him to tell you to give him time, "my dear" he dosen't love you. and try 2 forget about him and let him keep on morning his late Girlfriend forever.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by kboy2z(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2006
You need to get on with your life,
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by baby4u2(f): 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2006
joylinks be easy now. babe You never did say how long his ex-girlfriend died. I guess that would play a part in us advicing you properly. assuming you answered the question i would say. If she died recently give him the break he wants and in that break if you move on thats fine. I dont think it's that easy to get over someone you love like that especially when it was death that seperated the two of you (am not giving excuses for him but reasoning). He might have thought getting into another relationship would help him get over his hurt but i guess it didnt. If the girl died a long time ago, hmm. . . , just give him space (yes) and get on with life. so many many fishes in the sea.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by kiki(f): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2006
welll u got 2 options here it's either u move on with ur life or u stay with him and go thro this with him i mean just put urself in his position u gon be dsame way but when u go thro dis time with him u gon later enjoy him but i'll advice u too choose wat is best 4 u
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by naijacutee(f): 12:15am On Oct 17, 2006
Hey girl, I totally sympathise with you but a human life is a human life. You need to give the guy a chance as you do not know under what circumstances this girl died. You don't know how she died and whether they had an argument just before she died and he's still living with the guilt. Or whether he was by her side on the hospital bed, watching her die. Don't just dismiss people that easily, there is more to life than just what you see. I think this guy needs your support to get through this time. I mean, if the girl died like 5 to 10 years ago, then I would say it's about tme he got over it. But if she went fairly recently, less than 2 years ago, then girl, please give this guy your support, if he wants to cool the relationship business with you, then at least you can still be a friend he can relate to when he's feeling troubled over these issues. Don't just dismiss him and label him as obsessed with his dead girlfriend. I think that's a bit selfish.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Busta(f): 12:40am On Oct 17, 2006
well, maybe u shld give him space to reminisce enuff bout his late gurlfriend.

maybe y'all did rush into the relationship, u can't blame him, he's just going thru a hard and tough time.

either u stick with him, help him get over it or just call it quits, no point regreting!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by BlackMamba(m): 1:33am On Oct 17, 2006
If you don't leave him alone, his ex's ghost will hunt you down. Beware!! I warned you. shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Latoya(f): 7:19am On Oct 17, 2006
Dump him!!! u ve said and observed, he isnt sure of startin a new life and gurl i will tell u the truth, any man that is as obssessed as he is rite now will end up reckin ur life. so i will advice u call the relationship off tho you can still be best of friends and try to help him out in the situation,i perfectly understand how he feels its not easy to loose a loved one.but another relationship wont heal the wound, instead it will bring back past memories he spent with his dead girlfriend.
so beware and act smart before its too late.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Lcoolbabe(f): 8:36am On Oct 17, 2006
Thanx all 4 ur candid advice. wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:59pm On Oct 17, 2006
get on with your life and forget him.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 05, 2007
don't dump him yet. allow him time to get over the Girl. take a break, and be sure he's over her b4 u continue the relationship or he'll never get over her. the problem may be that he might NEVER forget her coz it seems like he's obsessed over her. how did you even get into d relationship in the first place knowing that he's still mournig her. Good luck sha. kiss kiss
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Seun(m): 9:38am On Dec 05, 2007
The funny thing is that it might just be an excuse to get rid of you.
--- but ---
I don't think he's ever going to forgive you for disrespecting his ex.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by uchetobi(f): 10:04am On Dec 05, 2007
my dear no need to clingh to someone whose mind is else where, if he is not over her he'l keep comparing both of u and u'l always fall short, u'l end up getting hurt so just move on, am sure there are lots of good guys out dere to tango with without this heavy emotional burden
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Scopium: 10:05am On Dec 05, 2007
[size=13pt]Give him some time and if no change hit the road later or just hit the road now and don't you go back no more[/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by ibrahiem(m): 10:13am On Dec 05, 2007
darling,
move on cus u might wait forever without him giving a damn.please, it helps to help urself.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by phanty(f): 10:20am On Dec 05, 2007
sorry seun wat do u mean by his ex's ghost?
 did she ve anytin 2 do wit d chick's death?
  i agree wit dose dat say u shouldf let him b 4 sumtime not knowin wen d chick died but mean while try doin sumtin wit ur life while u watch nd wait
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Gbemyte(f): 10:23am On Dec 05, 2007
pls give d guy a break to mourn his ex girlfriend if the death is still fresh but if the girl don die tay tay just call the guy and tell him he can continue like dat.And if he still behave same way just latter him side.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 05, 2007
Seun:

The funny thing is that it might just be an excuse to get rid of you.

i love the way you hit the nail on its head at times. You have a very good point there!
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by 9star(m): 10:42am On Dec 05, 2007
Dats A perfect way to get rid of u.
Am sure u have bin sleeping wit him.
his tired of u hence use the demise of his gurlfriend to get rid of u.
I have done it once to a certain chic.I got tired of and didnt knw hw to dump her
i started behaving like am possessed wen he cldnt bear it no more she vamosed.
jst fash him and move on.
Sorri ok. wink
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by RichyBlacK(m): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2007
I think you're a selfish &%$@#.

If the situation was reversed your selfish ass would have been "can't he get it through his thick skull that I'm grieving the loss of a loved one?"

Hisses loudly in utter disgust! angry
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by jkpretty(f): 11:31am On Dec 05, 2007
@ Poster
Maybe there wasn't much space after his ex girlfriend died b4 he met u.

I'm sure he thought an affair with u will enable him get over his 'ex which he found out wasn't possible.

But the most important point is that, he doesn't love u. The truth is, he won't totally get over his 'ex until he finds someone he truly loves.

U can't make him love u, but just stay away as much as u can.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by ndubest(m): 11:48am On Dec 05, 2007
, if can wait
, if cannot move on
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Pepeye(f): 12:03pm On Dec 05, 2007
Relationships are not easy route to travel, if you can't bear the brunt then turn tail and run
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by bulous(f): 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2007
If that guy is still mourning his late ex because he loved her, he never should have started another relationship. Better move on, if he loves you, he would come looking for you.
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by ratiken(m): 12:36pm On Dec 05, 2007
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Peeps on this land dont take time to view post dates.

Switpea take note
[/font]
Re: My Boyfriend Is Obsessed With His Late Girlfriend by Pamperme: 1:03pm On Dec 05, 2007
i really think you should let him be.

(1)

10 Advantages Of Not Having A Girlfriend or Boyfriend <PIX> / Only A Real Lady Knows The Answer To This Question... Please Read / HELLLLPPPP MEEEE!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.