Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,192 members, 7,780,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:27 PM

A Father's Word To His Daughter - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Father's Word To His Daughter (650 Views)

See Heartwarming Moment Father Consoles His Daughter During Her Wedding (photo) / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read / Photo Of A Man Kissing His Daughter Generates Mix Reactions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Father's Word To His Daughter by debeey87(m): 1:52am On Nov 17, 2015
What A Father Told His Daughter A Day Before Her Wedding

My Daughter, tomorrow you will stop bearing my name. You will be happily married to the man you love. Dont miss me because I have fulfilled my purpose, it is now time for you to start fulfilling yours.
From your childhood, I have raised you well by the grace of God but before you say I do, there are few things I need to tell you about living with a man and being married.

Do you remember when you wrote your WAEC and JAMB exams? You came to me and I gave you 20,000 naira for the registration? Well, even though I gave it to you, the money was not mine. I know you always thought I paid the fees. The truth is, I was broke… but your mother gave me the money. She could have given it to you but she decided to give it to me to give to you.

Support your husband. Some times things will get tough… he will be frustrated. Even though he acts tough, in his mind he has fears… he fear you may not value him anymore because he has fallen. That is the time to get behind him and support him!
The best way to show your husband you love him is to respect him! You may argue with him, you may disagree but at the end of the day, let him know he has your respect.

Do you remember the day I screamed at your mother? What did she do? She was quiet! Do you also remember the day she screamed at me? What did I do? I was quiet! My daughter learn to be quiet sometimes when your husband is angry. When one person is hot, the other should be cool. If two are always screaming at same time, that is how big problems start in marriage. The first thing to know about your husband is his favourite food! If he has more than one then keep them at the back of your mind. Dont let him ask for it, always prepare it for him.

There was a day your mother caught me touching a woman’s hand affectionately. I was lust after that woman but I was not yet cheating on your mum. When she saw us… she didnt fight the lady, she quietly left. I was afraid of going home because all hell will break lose. But when I got home she said nothing. She served me my food. Guilt was taking control over me. I started begging. From that day, I never looked at a woman two time. Who knows? If she had fought and threatened me… maybe I could have run away from the fight into the arms of the lady. Sometimes Silent brings better solution than fight.

Forget those romantic novels you read while you were 21. Remember those Indian and American love movies? Also remember those too sweet Nollywood films on African magic? Forget them! Don’t expect your married life to be that way. Life is different from fiction
The last thing I want to tell you…. Do you remember how you were born? After our wedding, things were tough and your mum had to do two jobs to support us. I was working as well. I get home 6 PM while she gets home 8pm tired. But when we get to bed… she will not refuse me my night food. That is how you were born. Dont form a habit of denying your husband of his night food.
Be a good wife. You will always be Daddy’s girl…

Copied

1 Like

Re: A Father's Word To His Daughter by nnachukz(m): 2:37am On Nov 17, 2015
A true father. Unfortunately only few ladies will take such advice to heart these days.
Re: A Father's Word To His Daughter by Kingtim(m): 2:41am On Nov 17, 2015
End time advice

2 Likes

Re: A Father's Word To His Daughter by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 17, 2015
This advice is meant for 1%of the Nigeria ladies bcaus i know hollywood and nollywood have brainwashed their petty brains, all they think now is feminism and how to the boss at home. "u will c them arguing with men online even exchanging words with them now how can we the guys be sure that they wont kill us with quarrel if we marry them, u will c them saying to their husbands that they are tired all bcaus the husband ask 4 sex but when it comes to forking their bosses for promotions they wont be tired, its unfortunate that this advice has been noil and void since 1960.
Re: A Father's Word To His Daughter by debeey87(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
I can see you belong to the end time crew cheesy
Kingtim:
End time advice
Re: A Father's Word To His Daughter by Pidggin(f): 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sexist fatherly advice

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Would You React? / UNBELIEVABLE: Mother Gave Birth To 17babies After 29hours Of Labour. / Who Should Resign In These Family....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.