Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:11 AM

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce (27957 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Intervention Temporal, Queues Will Resurface – Stakeholders / Fuel Scarcity: FG Prioritizes Products Distribution / Power Scarcity, Fuel Scarcity: FG Appears Lost - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by yhemsy62(m): 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
He should go to d senate to tender it not social media.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by grandstar(m): 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
Illegal refineries depend on stealing crude oil.

Their business would collapse if they paid market prices for the crude oil.

Ben Murray Bruce has not done his research at all

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by 2rutalk1: 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2015
dustydee:

They are in business because they steal their crude.

Why are most Nigerians so shallow in reasoning. The Senator said such businesses should be licensed. Now these guys have the skills whereas our government cannot refine the product optimally, why not train them, equip them, monitor them and give them necessary support to become useful in the downstream sector. Some of you should make out time to study the economies of the Asian Tigers to understand how they grew economically. We are selfish in this country honestly.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by BABANGBALI: 12:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
[quote author=roxell120 post=40113554]CAN SOMEONE READ THIS WITH ME BIKONU. WAS UR KEYBOARD UPSIDEDOWN WHILE U TYPED OR ARE U THIS CLUELESS?[/quoteyou do not legalize what is illegal,what you do is,you legalize what is illegal to make it legal
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by cirmuell(m): 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
richidinho:
grin
as a Niger Deltan i know

to refine fuel is jst a mixture of Crude oil and one small liquid like spirit
yeah, it's all fun until stuffs start blowing up in people's faces.

I wonder why Nigerians mumu like this. You dumbasses seems to have forgotten so soon what a badly refined Kerosene did to people's lives in the past.

Werey people too plenty 4 this forum I swear

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by XBLadez: 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2015
The terrorist president would never think of that
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by openmine(m): 12:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
double0seven:
Honestly, this Ben Bruce should start thinking more before he talks. Being a senator is not about theatrics and saying things that may seem clever only at the surface.

So if Ben Bruce is the President of Nigeria, is he telling me he will reward criminals caught indulging in serious act of criminality, by operating illegal refiniries by legalizing them.

I say serious because you need to ask yourselves where this illegal refiniries get the crude oil they refine from. Of course, illegal refiniriries is closely linked oil bunkering and pipeline vandalism which costs the nation hundreds of millions of dollars in resources.

So anywhere you find illegal refiniry, you legalize it. Ofocourse more will just popping up.

This guy is beginning to talk as if he has no common sense, seriously.
I don't think he is defending their act,on the contrary,he is only praising their commitment and suggests that such refineries be encouraged rather than closing them down...
I think you missed the part where he requested that they sud not only be legalized but also assisted ...in other words,after being licenced, such local refineries can have access to crude oil legally....not forgetting the part where such products have to be inspected and confirmed ok for use..
In my opinion,its a gud idea...considering the fact that our so called refineries that are expected to do the same 'job' is now used as a political tool.... sad

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by dustydee: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
2rutalk1:

Why are most Nigerians so shallow in reasoning. The Senator said such businesses should be licensed. Now these guys have the skills whereas our government cannot refine the product optimally, why not train them, equip them, monitor them and give them necessary support to become useful in the downstream sector. Some of you should make out time to study the economies of the Asian Tigers to understand how they grew economically. We are selfish in this country honestly.
If they are licensed, they will go out of business because it won't be profitable. The cost of buying crude, lab tests, optimising production, taking care of the environment, salaries etc. All these will bring you to what the government has already done by licensing modular refineries which have not yet taken off.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
Vicboi1:
To be honest I agree with him because if the legal ones can't provide the product they should register and observe the illegal ones so that they would supply the products it would bring competition to the refineries and everybody would have to seat up somebody once said that if you can't beat the join them the only reason why fg is destroying them is because the oga's are the top are not receiving their own share of the oil money unless they would be working with full efficiency to supply and this issue of fuel marketers would cool down a little

Very stup!d idea. You people support anything said against the federal govt. just because of hate. ILLEGAL REFINARY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR 80% POLLUTION IN NIGER DELTA.

ILLEGALLY REFINED PRODUCT DESTROYS ENGINE COS ITS NOT PROPERLY REFINED.

My brother, u a fo0l just like Ben Murray.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by chiddye(m): 12:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
Ben Bruce is a hundred percent correct on this, until we start enabling this illegal refinery I don't see how we could get out of this quagmire called fuel scarcity

the fg stand on destroying illegal refinery is to just keep the youth out of jobs and make the rich richer and the poor poorer, can't commonsense enter those people in power, american oil sector is driven by small scale refineries that has enable growth on their economy....,but Nigerian elite would prefer to export jobs abroad and keep long queue on our road with stolen funds in their bank account than empower the people
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by chiddye(m): 12:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
theshield:

Very stup!d idea. You people support anything said against the federal govt. just because of hate. ILLEGAL REFINARY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR 80% POLLUTION IN NIGER DELTA.

ILLEGALLY REFINED PRODUCT DESTROYS ENGINE COS ITS NOT PROPERLY REFINED.

My brother, u a fo0l just like Ben Murray.

he said they should bring them up to standard. thereby equipping them to provide for their locality, this would drive job creation and economic growth rather than bringing fuel from sao tome where all this big politicians built their personal refinery
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by saviour1(m): 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
segtak25:
Fuel scarcity: Ben Bruce says FG should legalize illegal refineries rather than destroy.

Who agrees with him on this?

https://twitter.com/benmurraybruce/status/666339654292008960
i agree with him
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
illegal refineries do not produce quality PMS ,and they are the ones running away from the government when it comes to registration and prefer illegality so as to make a lot of gains they don't want to be taxed #OlodoMurray

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by 9jatatafo(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2015
I think it would be nice for PMB to call all the illegal refineries operators and open a technical village to harness their skills for national interest

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
at this stage we need it.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by richidinho(m): 12:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
cirmuell:
yeah, it's all fun until stuffs start blowing up in people's faces.

I wonder why Nigerians mumu like this. You dumbasses seems to have forgotten so soon what a badly refined Kerosene did to people's lifes in the past.

Werey people too plenty 4 this forum I swear

lol...wiseman by December you are 42, if you know what i mean

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by CARLOSZ: 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
E360dg:

Guy, you are wrong on this. If things have not been done rightly over the years, that does not justify the continuous tolling of the same wrong path. As PDP has tolled the wrong path over the years, APC shouldn't continue in the same direction; the essence of CHANGE!
So, dude,let's hold the present administration accountable and leave the comparison factor out of our common growth and advancement!

Well, I accept that I'm wrong and thanks for the correction but I still think there are better ways to send his thought to the FG or better still raise the issue in the senate chamber instead of telling us on social media.
He's a senator and not a twitter director.

#peace

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3070524_img20151113154001_jpeg1951868ff5bb6a44e07e675f73387a0d

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by cirmuell(m): 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
2rutalk1:

lol you're the one shallow in reasoning bro.

The FG should legalize and give out licences to crude oil thieves so they can churn out substandard products abi?

They have skills? What can they do that the qualified and highly trained engineers and expats. can't do?.

This is like saying the FG should sack all medical doctors in the country and employ herbalists in their stead.

Your own pass shallow reasoning, you no dey reason at all sadembarassed

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by CARLOSZ: 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2015
chi4ik4:
dullard did Nigeria ever witnessed this kind of severe fuel scarcity during GEJ administration?

Yes, Nigeria witnessed much worse situations when that clueless Otuoke tree was planted in Aso rock.

And don't call me dullard no more, I didn't insult you.
Thanks

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3070524_img20151113154001_jpeg1951868ff5bb6a44e07e675f73387a0d

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Yerwa: 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
people should know that operators of these illegal refineries have no regard for the pollution and degradation they cause to the environment, in addition the quality of the products they produce is not optimal for smooth engine operations.

to build a refinery is a highly regulated and technical activity, you cannot just open one the way you would open a workshop or a mill, before a refinery is setup environmental impact assessment (EIA) tests are done to ascertain what impact the refinery will have on the environs, in fact some of this crude oil have poisonous substances in them which are just left to go into the atmosphere (eg sulphur), source and grade of the crude oil it will refine, these and many more are required to set it up, to regularize their activity would mean that we are okay with a polluted environment.

Ben Bruce should do research on this.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by double0seven(m): 12:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
Holyman3:

Will you shut up there.
Since you cant refine the products yourself, why don't you approach the illegal ones and register them, monitor them and determine how much they make.
Is it not better than spending billions importing the same thing from outside.

Youth of nowadays! is not better to listen and learn to than show ignorance.

You think these refineries produce good products Their products are badly refined; no tests, no quality control etc. Where do you think things like kerosine explosion comes from? And diesel and petrol that spoils engine comes from?

Please think before you talk.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
how do government start legalizing them,they want to be invisible they hide in the creeks of Niger Delta,as a fed lawmaker Mr Ben it is your mandatory duty to inform your constituents on the need to legalize their factories,that's if you don't operate any
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by ogunsbanjul(m): 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
I think Ben Bruce is a learnt and a legislator who should know what to say. Honestly, this man has lost his integrity ever since he came on board as a politician. He should have made this proposal when his brother GEJ was the president. After all they do destroy illegal refineries then. Investigation should be carried out on him as one of the sponsors of illegal refineries in the Niger Delta. Anti government legislator
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by 400billionman: 1:01pm On Nov 17, 2015
Vicboi1:
To be honest I agree with him because if the legal ones can't provide the product they should register and observe the illegal ones so that they would supply the products it would bring competition to the refineries and everybody would have to seat up somebody once said that if you can't beat the join them the only reason why fg is destroying them is because the oga's are the top are not receiving their own share of the oil money unless they would be working with full efficiency to supply and this issue of fuel marketers would cool down a little

Nigeria is a funny country that kills indigenous technology.

Govt cannot run a refinery yet they arrest those who can and prosecute them.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by StarMogul(m): 1:02pm On Nov 17, 2015
CARLOSZ:
Why didn't he ask GEJ to do same when the furniture was in power?
Over sabi fellow.

Abeg shift

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

Bros u funny ohhh,now he said u r rebuking him am pretty sure dat if he said it den u wud do d same...
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by richidinho(m): 1:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
CARLOSZ:

Yes, Nigeria witnessed much worse situations when that clueless Otuoke tree was planted in Aso rock.

And don't call me dullard no more, I didn't insult you.
Thanks

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

You are busy insulting GEJ.
u better repent
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Dpearlz: 1:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
First and foremost, I will say I am happy with him because he is one of a few nigerian who brainstorms and seeks for ways to improve the lives of others.

Secondly, His Idea has some good side and some bad side. The good side is it will enable the increase in supply of a product with very high demand and supply margins in Nigeria, it will be the first step to implement indigenous local refineries and will also be a means to allow massive unemployed and poor people to create jobs and make money to sustain themselves and their family.

The bad sides are, this could increase pipe line vandalism, this could also put the region at risk because this crude oil and its distilled products are highly inflammable thus it is a national disaster waiting to happen. Also, there are pollution concerns as the residues from the distillation process can be dumped indiscriminately in nearby water bodies and harm the aquatic and other animals that depend on these water bodies to survive.

Now looking at the bad side, there are solutions to a few of them. Firstly, the product monitoring agencies (assuming no corruption) can be used to randomly check the octane rating of fuel produced through this process to ensure that they are suitable for cars, the pipeline monitoring should be more automated with perpetrators identified and arrested, the waste are also useful thus can be bought by companies making engine oil, carbon black for tires and road construction companies. Thus the only problem is the fire hazard risk involved, now will that be enough to allow them to be legal or not? I don't know. Please feel free to counter or support this. it is already a debate.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by Serendip: 1:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
hassan85:
Mr Ben will never speak during plenary but Facebook wailing. He's beginning to sound like Fayose

He's always saying #commonsense yet he comes across as someone bereft of any political sense, which is so disheartening I must say.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by oake(m): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
CARLOSZ:
Why didn't he ask GEJ to do same when the furniture was in power?
Over sabi fellow.

Abeg shift

Posted By:
Bobby Carlos:

You de show urself abi? Wetin concern GEJ concern the common sense when dis man de talk? Are you living in the past? Why destroy illegal refineries if you can set up agencies to regulate and collect taxes. What's more, you ease the acute fuel situation and create employment for the teeming masses by so doing. Use ur common sense bro, though it's not common!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by xxgig(m): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
I doubt if this man knows what a refinery is.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce by sapientia(m): 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2015
Wrong Wrong Wrong...

Illegal is illegal oga..

Talk about harnessing their ingenuity..

Using the technology therein to the advantage of Nigeria..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Sacks Alhassan Doguwa, House Of Reps Leader / Adamu Garba Condemns Arrest Of OccupyLekkiTollGate Protesters / Re: Crowd Dispersal At Lekki Toll Gate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.