Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? (4501 Views)

When You Are Tired Of Backing Baby (photo) / I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. / Is This Okay If Your Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by salako: 11:53am On Nov 02, 2005
Smug Marrieds?

Are married people just a little too smug when they come to dealing with their single friends? Just because they’ve got hitched, does that mean they have a god given right to pair all their mates up, too? Is there anything more frightening than hearing one of your married mates go: "I’ve got this lovely friend who'd be perfect for you!" Yeah right.

If you’re happy being single and sick of marrieds trying to run your life post it here!
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by lillyveezy: 10:22am On Sep 06, 2011
am tired ooooo! imagine one of them telling me to on a date with some one i dont like. its amazing what they can do. they feel u are too old to be single.
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by obowunmi(m): 2:33pm On Sep 06, 2011
Well said OP. But it pays to have a partner.
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2011
Hahaha!!!You better go and look for your chemistry dude!
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by seechris(m): 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2011
they just looking out for u,afterall theres a certain age that u will reach that will bother even u,no hunt no kill
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by HighChief4(m): 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2011
They actually mean no harm
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by ifyalways(f): 8:42pm On Sep 06, 2011
Im quite guilty of this,good thing however is that 3 out of 5 couples i matched ended up married.

I also match make only my single friends that i know and have confided in me that they desire a partner.
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by Nosyke(m): 8:47pm On Sep 06, 2011
ifyalways:

Im quite guilty of this,good thing however is that 3 out of 5 couples i matched ended up married.

I also match make only my single friends that i know and have confided in me that they desire a partner.

shocked shocked shocked,sounds like you have match making talent, will you match make me?I ve confided in you grin grin grin
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by ochukoccna: 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2011
High_Chief:

They actually mean no harm
True.

lillyveezy:

am tired ooooo! imagine one of them telling me to on a date with some one i dont like. its amazing what they can do. they feel u are too old to be single.
If you object to their match, just let them know.
Kapish.
Also if majority of your friends are married and getting married, probably you are old enough to be too.
Just my 2 kobo.
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by LongOne1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2011
What's their hurry anyway? Don't they say life begins at 40?
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by Nosyke(m): 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2011
Long One:

What's their hurry anyway? Don't they say life begins at 40?

Have you forgotten that they also said that a(n) fool single person at 40 is foolish single forever?
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by LongOne1(m): 9:20pm On Sep 06, 2011
^^^yeah, but being single @ 40, doesn't make you a fool, duh.
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by Nosyke(m): 9:22pm On Sep 06, 2011
Long One:

^^^yeah, but being single @ 40, doesn't make you a fool, duh.

Never meant that, subtract the f-words and read again wink
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by i4serious: 9:26pm On Sep 06, 2011
Thank God for that type of friend.Because he /she has you in mind
be humble at heart and at face lol.Some do not care if u remain single for life but is a way of showing love and concern if they want to matchmake(hope they won't be d type that will want monthly tribute if ur marriage works out well later?).Appreciate those friends.What would u say to a friend who does not match make and tells u"what do u gonna do to ur case,u are thirty already olorun/God will not let us TATI OOO/thirty"That could be ridiculous right?If I have those type of friends I will thank God but not trying to force an agbero on me against my choice.And they should not feel bad if I say no to any offer that may not suit my taste.
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by damola1: 9:32pm On Sep 06, 2011
na ya wahala be dat, we dey look for food, you dey talk woman, this one na woman wahala,
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by logica(m): 10:59pm On Sep 06, 2011
ifyalways:

And you haven't started an agency yet? 9ja people never think outside the box. And I'm sure you are busy trying to start one business or the other right?
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by woetooam4j: 3:17am On Sep 07, 2011
me, I just want to sow my oats, nothing more nothing less.
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by AfroBlue(m): 3:53am On Sep 07, 2011
Some friends are great when it comes to helping you locate your missing rib.

Plus it's a social status thing. Married couples have more in common with each other.

Op, I think you're still a playa and want to sow some more wild oats before you settle down. cheesy
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by dayokanu(m): 4:22am On Sep 07, 2011
I love such friends
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by blushmg: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2011

Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by pynkspyce: 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2011
lol. Some folks need help.
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by ronkebp(f): 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2011
i do not see anything wrong in that, your ffriends are trying to help you out, since you obviously cannot find a match. it only shows they care about you.
Re: Tired of Your Married Friends Playing Matchmaker? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2011
I think its nice of them since they know you and knw the other person. However it depends on the manner they go about it if it isn't insultive it cool.

(1) (Reply)

Ever Seen A Pregnant Soldier? / Is It Right For Couples To Watch p0rn Together?... / Man, 28, Faces 'Employment Discrimination' Because He Always Wear Diapers (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.