Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos (1219 Views)

Quit Order: Igbo Living In North Relocate Wives, Children / Do Nigerian Embassies Around The World Open When Nigeria Has A Public Holiday? / Why Nigerian Like Reading Gossiping News? Drop Your Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
I been staying in Lagos for past seven years now Apapa gra to be precise it used to be a nice area but it grinding to a halt by rickety trucks unending hold up chaotic drive way ,I stop using my car out of the g.r.a for several months I keep wondering what this huge population is doing in this small land mass,why will someone with alternate to be in Enugu or kano a more serene eniviroment will choose to sell roasted yams in apapa live in ajegunle makoko ijora badia run to enter danfo ,only very few place are truly livable in lagos it just a big ghetto a very few descent place have cut throat shocked house rent a room self contain in lekki phase one 850 k annually why will some able body men hang around park an permantly extort money from bus drivers owo load why will uniform people not pay fare just take your time stand in a bus stop look at the eye of most people it usually reddish and everbody is looking frustrated so pls my advice to any body that have alternative their are other cities more livable and serene with you few naira u live comfortable well and raise a standard family not this face me face you thing
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Young03(m): 1:24pm On Nov 17, 2015
IF U ASK ME....?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by chocolateme(f): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2015
Because Lagos is Lagos
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
money has to be proportional to the comfort it can provide but in lagos your g wagon can be stuck up in endless traffic
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by ITbomb(m): 1:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
I thought you should be telling us why you prefer to live in that chaos than in Enugu or Kano a more serene environment
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by ojeota(f): 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2015
Opportunities, fun, passion, money and every other thing you can think of is lagos. No other city in this world can give what it gives altogether.

Hmmmmm....see hype.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by donholy28(m): 1:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
Because its falsely perceived to be d land of opportunities.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Pavore9: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2015
The population of Lagos alone is about the same of size of that of Cameroun as a Country. The economy of Lagos as a state is bigger than many other African Countries, Despite the density. Lagos is like the proverbial palm fronds that attracts goats.

Though born and raised in Lagos, l have preference for rural settings with basic amenities available. One can live outside Lagos and earn a better income and at the same time live in a tranquil environment.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Chubhie: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
I've never fancied lagos for anything. The chaos is a no no.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Chidozieude: 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
The best person to ask is Ekene Dili Chukwu

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
Lagos is perceived to be the economic hub of Nigeria...
You meet different set of people into business with each other...
Lagos is just like a crowded market, people depend on the area to eat and survive....
No breathing space just like in the market....
People are seen struggling to make ends meet and if not will result to frustration, exactly like in a market.

Lagos isn't a city I fancy. Prefer Enugu abuja or Anambra cities.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Arsenate(m): 2:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
Not everyone loves living in Lagos. Some of us just have to be here because of work (fg). cry
Lagos is chaos personified.....
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by 9jaboi8701(m): 2:33pm On Nov 17, 2015
I can't live in a place like Lagos, I will just die of either headache due to noises or suffocation from sitting in traffic for hours.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2015
"No Nigerian can say they don't have atleast a relation in Lagos State."
-Winston Churchill (1945).

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Acidosis(m): 2:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
Lagos is not an ideal place to live in.

The only language everyone understands is insult/abuses. The environment is harsh. I think a large percentage of people who love Lagos only enjoy the window shopping. Like walking around to admire cars you may never ride till death. Going to places to take pictures, I mean places you may never be rich enough to own.

The belief that things are cheaper in Lagos is not totally true. Food is expensive, same with rent, transport fee, and cost of luxury goods.

Even the proportionate few with large amounts of money are not exempted from the sufferings.

Lastly, we have too many retired millionaires in Lagos. I mean people who used to have MONEY, but got carried away with the lifestyle, only to arrive at Ground Zero.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
am in lagos cos of work I can take a ten percent cut in salary to live some where else ,I been to all the choice area of lagos on tour banana island oxborne estate and the rest been to aure movida cova the place nite clubs to study what the real attraction to this city after seven years this are my findings

1 .if you are in the entertainment industries or aspiring this you town

2.if you want to break in to cooperate Nigeria this is you town

3.grass to grace stories happen more in Lagos a major bureau d change guy in Lagos island was formerly a aboki shoe shiner in1990 he live in park view now

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
but majority of population are in dem suffering imaging bankers in those rickety j5 buses sitting 5 per row like sardine upon all at exorbitant high rate
cross from boundary apapa to ajengule u go see real suffer ,highly polluted air dirt everywhere some clowns forming hard guys everwhere

man hole metal cover remove to be sold as scraps .brigade protectors all removed and sold as scraps why will any normal person want to live in ijora badia behind the railway ,why will any one want to wake up 3 am to get ready for work and come back 10 pm just take you time look as people face in bus stops
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by BlackBaron: 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2015
Imagine if Lagos had good transport links (trains, ferries,etc) from other nearby states. Probable outcome would have been more people preferring the more relaxed outskirts living, shuttling in to work and jetting back to their respective locations. Before
Re: Why Do Nigerian Like Living In Lagos by Partnerbiz(f): 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2018
Are all these really true?

(1) (Reply)

Sss Uncovers Boko Haram Cells In Abuja / BIAFRA: MOTION in UK parliament Calling for conduct of Referendum / PDP New Media Director On The Run

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.