Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,356 members, 7,800,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs (10425 Views)

My Experience In A Deceived Job Interview In Lagos(gnld Now Neolife Networking) / Gtbank Rumored Job Interview In Lagos (Photos) / Advice, He Was Invited For A Chat after a brave reply to the regret letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by seankay(m): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2015
Scam is written all over it
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
If this makes FP, then I ll know seun has got no management skills.

2 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by itoese(m): 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Sell your family properties to raise the fund. When you finally settles down like in 2 years time, you get them better properties.

2 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by jenyfah(f): 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2015
End time
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Setaje(f): 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
Op it's a scam. I have a friend who got a job abroad to. The company processed all his travel documents and provided accommodation and feeding in a hotel. The day of interview, he met many other people from different countries. Better wise up. Secondly any Nigerian looking for jobs abroad should go directly through the company website. There are many fake recruitment agencies on the cyber space o and unlike Nigerian coys, this people have so much courtesy. They always reply their mails. You just have to be exemplary good sha before u are considered.
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Philadelphia: 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2015
sholay2011:
The OP is not about to be scammed. This thread is the real scam. grin
I dey tell you but he is a learner with the "L" written around his body.
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by kestolove95(m): 5:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
Don't wori, wen u get to UK, u will see d scam in it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 17, 2015
ify84:
So if you get 1m now, you will go for the interview... ?

With 1m, I am already a millionaire in Nigeria. I already have 3 business I will use 1m to run... You are looking for it to just enter aeroplane..

Kontinu your gulder ultimate search

LMAO.
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by kolexepana: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
Why apply when you know you won't be able to go for interview?
And knowing the company can't sponsor that
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by kevoh(m): 6:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
I thought foreign interviews can be done on Skype too undecided

5 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Philadelphia: 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
kevoh:
I thought foreign interviews can be done on Skype too undecided

Skype kor Spike ni undecided

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by kevoh(m): 7:15pm On Nov 17, 2015
Philadelphia:

Skype kor Spike ni undecided

You do know interviews have been conducted and are still conducted on skype. It all depends on a company's recruitment process. I know a handful of people who have gone through this.

7 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by PLANETMARS(m): 7:17pm On Nov 17, 2015
I blame Biafra for the op's foolishness
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Philadelphia: 7:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
PLANETMARS:

With your post, I'm afraid I have to ask you these questions:
1.) How old are you?
2.) What's your highest level of qualification?
3.) What weed do you smoke?

5 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by PLANETMARS(m): 7:50pm On Nov 17, 2015
Philadelphia:

With your post, im b afraid I have to ask you these questions: 1.) How old are you? 2.) What's your highest level of qualification? 3.) What weed do you smoke?
Ok 1.Ur age mate
2. Phd
3.Kwale weed

2 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Samakus(m): 7:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Thank you all for your suggestions. Couldn't reply all as I was engaged at that time.

For the records, what I posted was neither an attempt to gain cheap popularity nor a scam on my part. I am just a brother in dilemma of choice - to go for the interview or not. I may have sounded foolish to some of you, fraudulent to a few, desperate to some and ambitious to others (like myself). Yet, I will say that I'm just genuinely ambitious and somewhat looking for better opportunities to what I am having right now - which is nothing to write home about, compared to the responsibilities on my shoulders.

I want to appreciate in a special way, Mr Zelex9 for the link he sent to me. I will surely explore that option. To Mr Philadelphia, I understand that you find it hard to believe people but you just have to know that not everyone is a scammer. I appreciate your criticism and cynicism though.

Once again, thank you all for your advises. It has helped, a lot. God bless Nairalanders!

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Coldplay007(f): 8:29pm On Nov 17, 2015
Eiyah!
A potential money making thread turn sour...
OP! strike 1..

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by samuelson06(m): 9:06pm On Nov 17, 2015
@OP
If you have a landed property in Uyo, Akwa Ibom or Calabar in Cross River State then send me a PM let's talk. I can give you the money to leave Nigeria at once.

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
Una no just gree get chills for here.
Zero benefit of doubt
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by tellwisdom: 11:14pm On Nov 17, 2015
Mugu, bring money make we drink beer, make i give you job for here sad

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by SmartMugu: 11:31pm On Nov 17, 2015
I smell lies, followed by a lot more lies.
For a foreign company to want to resolve to recruiting from a different country, they need to be able to prove to the stakeholders and that country's government that the needed skill-set is not available in that country or region that will end up translating to cost savings for the company and in line with the foreign government attempt to control an influx of immigrants.

So, OP, what extra ordinary skills do you possess that will make an existing foreign firm disregard the existing potentials in their own country? What skills do you have that they haven't considered training one of their employees on the same?

Pls don assume I'm trying to kill your dreams, I'm just contributing from a common sense stand point.

If a firm wants you and really is so desperate to have you for your 'extra-ordinary' skill, they should be the ones paying for your travel arrangements. Especially if they cant find the same skill in the country theyre located in.
You shouldn't have to borrow or broadcast here for a means to get to an interview oversees. An interview is just a means to prove you're a possible fit for the job. Would you prefer to end up owing because you borrowed just to talk to someone in another country? That will happen if you end up not getting the job, which I solemnly pray doesn't happen.

Common sense bro.....

~@Mugu

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by chukkiephil(m): 1:12am On Nov 18, 2015
Lol me wey dey here never this kind job na from Nigeria you go get am?? Do u think it's easy for a black British man to get this kind of job no to talk of to get it from Nigeria? Op u better wake up angry

1 Like

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by skfa1: 1:34am On Nov 18, 2015
They seem real but I hope some criminals are not operating from or behind their cloned website. Be careful.
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by miqos02(m): 5:15am On Nov 18, 2015
scam everywhere
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by wristbangle: 5:50am On Nov 18, 2015
PLANETMARS:

As a yoruba guy, I declare that u are as useless as maggot.

4 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Philadelphia: 5:52am On Nov 18, 2015
PLANETMARS:

Ok
1.Ur age mate

2. Phd

3.Kwale weed

With these answers, I'm glad to tell you that I know a few things about you:

1.) You are precisely living at Yaba left.
2.) You are putting on a white loosed gown.
3.) You alone live an an enclosed room. grin

I'm sure you're suprised as to how I know, don't be. Every other member here feels same way wink

No just enter road o because na there you go take lost undecided.

2 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by PLANETMARS(m): 5:54am On Nov 18, 2015
Philadelphia:

I'm sure you're suprised as to how I know, don't be. Every other member here feels same way wink

lol so na u dey d next room. Fellow werey I hail

3 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by PLANETMARS(m): 6:00am On Nov 18, 2015
wristbangle:

As a yoruba guy, I declare that u are as useless as maggot.
my long lost son,u describe ur fada dat way?

2 Likes

Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by wristbangle: 6:05am On Nov 18, 2015
PLANETMARS:
my long lost son,u describe ur fada dat way?

Sorry sir. E ma binu simi. Papa u no talk sense na and don't be embittered with tribalism.
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 18, 2015
Op himself is a scam! undecided
Re: He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs by wristbangle: 6:07am On Nov 18, 2015
Philadelphia:

gringringrin werey!

Una no wan allow me comot 4house oo!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Tips Job-seekers Must Follow If They Want To Get A Meaningful Job / 17 Months Into N-power, We Have Received Tonnes Of Impact Stories / Bua International Nigeria Vaccancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.