Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,786 members, 7,806,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! (28233 Views)

Mikel, Neymar, Ronaldo & Iniesta Welcome Teams To Russia (Video) / Nigerian And Colombian Teams Land In Sao Paulo Ahead Of Their Olympic Clash.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

Nice logic. So, because someone cheated, so should you. Ok. Got it. Now we know you are a true Nigerian. Lol.....

How can his saying of you can not cheat today due to the MRI scan show he is in support of Age cheating. Age cheating is reduced to the minimum due to the MRI scan.

Read about it because you certainly have not.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by An0nimus: 7:59am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

How does that add to the argument. If you bring an over age player, FIFA will screen him out with the MRI scan. So if I watch over age players play, it would not change the fact that our current U17 team is U17.

...and U17 in FIFA'S books. This simple explanation is hard to believe for some.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Bollinger(m): 8:01am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

How does that add to the argument. If you bring an over age player, FIFA will screen him out with the MRI scan. So if I watch over age players play, it would not change the fact that our current U17 team is U17.

Like is said, if you really played the game, you'd know that a real Nigerian U17 would not look like that, nor play like that. I did, and i can tell you that there is no freaking way you can amass a squad that good with players of that age range. One or two maybe, but not an entire squad. Remember, some of them claim 14 and even 13 years old. Really?

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Bollinger(m): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

How can his saying of you can not chest today due to the MRI scan show he is in support of Age cheating. Age cheating is reduced to the minimum due to the MRI scan.

Read about it because you certainly have not.

Nice try. Trying to change the post you just made. You said all other countries cheated, so must we. Lol....
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by safarigirl(f): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2015
michlan:

I pity this nation. Seems integrity is no longer a virtue in Nigeria. OP, how can you try to justify dishonesty on the basis of patriotism. Even if others do it, does not mean we should encourage our own to do so also. You mentioned dignity in your last paragraph, do you know the meaning of that word at all? I always support my country, family and society but not when they achieve things through dishonest means. My father and I don't get along cos he is corrupt and abused his office as a civil servant, even up till now, I cannot vote for him in an election cos I know he is corrupt, does that mean I don't love him? No! But there are some of us who still value the word integrity.

I will gladly support our under aged teams even if we concede 10 goals per match and we play with honesty cos I know we did not cheat. There is nothing called DIGNITY when our INTEGRITY has been thrown to the wind.
who told you they are older? Based on what?

I saw a guy on Twitter who said he knows Osimhen PERSONALLY and that the BOY is actually 17.

this was after his true age was questioned. You don't know any of these boys personally yet you have the guts to make flimsy, unfounded accusations.

Who are you? Who do you know in any of our terms? on what grounds do you accuse them of age cheating?

I swear, if I ever become a law maker in Nigeria, one of my first bills will be to jail your likes that go about making accusations they can't prove against members of our football teams. You all are the disgraceful elements we need to get rid of in this country.

We don't need your flimsy support. Save it for yourself and your fellow underperforming relatives, enough of us already support those boys. People like you with no achievements and whose relatives have no achievements cannot support anyone who is doing great because envy is in you

3 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2015
An0nimus:

...and U17 in FIFA'S books. This simple explanation is hard to believe for some.

As in eh!!!

You repeat the same thing over and over again. Sometimes, it is a fact you can never INject INtelligence INto Ignorance.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by 2sex(m): 8:02am On Nov 18, 2015
michlan:

So are you saying there's shame in being truthful? I wonder when we will understand integrity does not come into play only when a particular situation suits you
dude, if you are among those guys who keep attacking our players, you are among the fools abeg... go siddon.

I wonder if you didn't see other nations field in older players.

Is this how you go about badmouthing your own family, things happening in your home among your father, mother, brother and sisters, including ur wife to the public? tell me. Only insane persons do that. You do not know the meaning of what your likes are doing...
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 8:03am On Nov 18, 2015
kel4soft:
Lets keep deceiving ourselves. I don't hate or wants the team to do bad. Sentiments re the bane of our football development. Those guys that won the world cup are not under 17. I mean non of them is below 20 including the top scorer whom i know very well at Oregun.
When Adokiye Amiesimaka raised alarm on a certain player who was almost 35 the NFF took to the same under age competition providing facts to back his allegation since he was TM then in Sharks. People like the OP called all sort of name.
Lets continue eating our cake and foolishly think we can have it back.
You are a disgrace to common sense and rational thinking...if having read several post analysing every ground of their sucess and still come here to cry poo of age..it means uar senseless.....why not go to FIFA to complain and ridicule their age verification technology...idiot...yes ...you think they are not 17....but FIFA said they are...u can go and die or invent your own technology of verifying age that is superior to MRI scan..idiot.....

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by An0nimus: 8:05am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

Not stop the age grade. The way forward is to educate all countries not to cheat and not lose sight of the big picture. The aim of age grade football is to nurture talents of the future. Instant glory won't do us any good as evident from past championships.

and you a 101% think FIFA hasn't done this in the past and is still doing it? what do you feel FIFA officials tell players and team staff during briefing pre-tournament? do you also think this would yield better results than the MRI scan?
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:
This thread has been on my mind for a while, but I chose to post it now because of the ignorance that was allowed to grace the Front Page titled 'Papa Eaglets and Nigerian Cheating'.

https://www.nairaland.com/2742884/papa-eaglets-cheating-culture

First off, I have come to realise that Nigerians hate themselves and hate to see or hear of any progress in relation to their country, so they choose to make unfounded accusations on a team of dedicated, hard working BOYS whose only crime was bringing rare glory to a nation in turmoil. Yes, the purpose of this thread is to tackle claims that Nigerian age grade players are far older than their peers.

The people who make these claims do so based on the sole point that the KIDS eventually fail to realise their potential and fall by the way as opposed to their peers. They then give examples of Stanley Okoro, Macauley Chrisantus and Sani Emmanuel.

Let me first point out the fact that Administrative Errors on the part of the NFF as far as monitoring the progress of these players is one reason why these players don't progress.

Another is the poor state of the Nigerian league and lack of world class academies. While the players from S/America and Europe remain home for at least 2 years, playing competitively in their leagues, Nigerian players are hurriedly shipped to Europe where these KIDS have to deal with culture shock as well as work to prove their mettle or get shipped off once again, they're given little opportunity to do this compared to their foreign counterparts, that is too much expectations on kids who less than a year ago, mostly played the game for the fun of it

There is also that poverty mentality. The truth is most of these kids are from poor homes, we just read of Osimhen who was a hawker before the WC, hence, their immediate need is to get the cash to help out family irrespective of the working conditions, and we know well how African families are; once one person makes some cash, the entire extended family will relax, afterall "our brother is a big footballer in Europe".
So, a child of 16-18 becomes the bread winner of at least 10 people at home, so he has to pay his bro's fees, but Uncle Mike's child too has a business he needs money for, all of that pressure can damage that focus and passion for footy, y'all saw how Adebayor's issues panned out, how much more a kid?

Thirdly, Contrary to what many prefer to lie about, no, Nigeria doesn't have a history of failed age grade players. One guy claimed that every member of England's U-17 team of '09 have good careers, but I checked and found that only Danny Welbeck and Victor Moses can be counted in that team.

Let us remember that Chrisantus and Stanley are 2 of hundreds of age grade players from Nigeria, remember players like Kanu, Enyeama, Yobo, Onazi, Mikel, Omeruo, Musa and most recently, Iheanacho all played age grade football and were active for as long as required.

Maybe we don't have Messi or Di Maria, but even if everyone goes back to check on their mates from Secondary School you'll find that everyone didn't progress equally, in fact, in some sets, the best student then is doing badly now compared to the average and even poor students.

That is life for you, people with potential will fall, nobodies will rise. The likes of Dangote, Osibanjo, Zuckerberg, Oprah probably weren't potential pace setters while in school, but look at them now.

Please, Nigerians, stop slandering your own. Sweden brought Berisha, Brazil brought Mosquito and Mexico had Ochoa 2 years ago, where are they now compared to Kelechi? Did 2 of them not have beards? What about the Mexican captain this year? He had a full beard, but did Mexicans call themselves age cheats? No sane father would stone his son in the market square because others are doing it.

Protect what little is left of our dignity as a nation. Cc Joseph1013, terzurum, icon4s, thegoodjoe, thesupernerd, blueto, bascovanveli

Are the players true to their age or not ?
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by asha80(m): 8:06am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:

I saw a guy on Twitter who said he knows Osimhen PERSONALLY and that the BOY is actually 17.

this was after his true age was questioned. You don't know any of these boys personally yet you have the guts to make flimsy, unfounded accusations.

Who are you? Who do you know in any of our terms? on what grounds do you accuse them of age cheating?

I swear, if I ever become a law maker in Nigeria, one of my first bills will be to jail your likes that go about making accusations they can't prove against members of our football teams. You all are the disgraceful elements we need to get rid of in this country.

We don't need your flimsy support. Save it for yourself and your fellow underperforming relatives, enough of us already support those boys. People like you with no achievements and whose relatives have no achievements cannot support anyone who is doing great because envy is in you
chisantus Macaulay was 30 when he played under 17..a Jos indegene who knows him personally told me then
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by 2sex(m): 8:06am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:

You know why they are acting this way? they are OLD SCHOOL. what they don't realise is that times has changed and that we now have young chaps with minds of adults, compared to what was obtainable in the past.

I know a certain nairalander who is my friend and finished uni at age of 20. The guy's intelligence is just too much. I like that guy die.

1 Like

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by NiRfreak(m): 8:06am On Nov 18, 2015
michlan:

I pity this nation. Seems integrity is no longer a virtue in Nigeria. OP, how can you try to justify dishonesty on the basis of patriotism. Even if others do it, does not mean we should encourage our own to do so also. You mentioned dignity in your last paragraph, do you know the meaning of that word at all? I always support my country, family and society but not when they achieve things through dishonest means. My father and I don't get along cos he is corrupt and abused his office as a civil servant, even up till now, I cannot vote for him in an election cos I know he is corrupt, does that mean I don't love him? No! But there are some of us who still value the word integrity.

I will gladly support our under aged teams even if we concede 10 goals per match and we play with honesty cos I know we did not cheat. There is nothing called DIGNITY when our INTEGRITY has been thrown to the wind.
YOU are a fool for this ur holines crap.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

Nice try. Trying to change the post you just made. You said all other countries cheated, so must we. Lol....

jonathanOz:

Anuofia! Stop giving examples from the past. Apart from European countries and the US, it's very obvious that other countries cheated also in the past. Presently, the MRI scan is the standard for age verification. Get that into your thick skull

As you can see from the above. I did not make the comment. From the bolded, he did not say other countries should cheat. He said in the past they cheated. If I say someone stole in the past and now the police is stricter and arresting people today. Am I supporting Stealing?

Read carefully before making wrong statements and insinuation.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Bollinger(m): 8:08am On Nov 18, 2015
An0nimus:

and you a 101% think FIFA hasn't done this in the past and is still doing it? what do you feel FIFA officials tell players and team staff during briefing pre-tournament? do you also think this would yield better results than the MRI scan?

Just because people won't stop smuggling drugs does not mean we would stop hunting and arresting them. Same here. Just because in the past fifa has educated them and they refused does not mean they should stop educating them. Eventually, they'd get it.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by An0nimus: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

Like is said, if you really played the game, you'd know that a real Nigerian U17 would not look like that, nor play like that. I did, and i can tell you that there is no freaking way you can amass a squad that good with players of that age range. One or two maybe, but not an entire squad. Remember, some of them claim 14 and even 13 years old. Really?
I dare you to show me one Nigerian player in that U17 team that claimed 13/14 years at the tournament.

The only player born at the turn of the millennium (2000) in the tourney was a Malian.

and yes, you can get truly aged 17 year Olds with that level of talent in Nigeria. Go to the streets and see for yourself

3 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by safarigirl(f): 8:10am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
western European countries dont cheat in age group competition if you know how their countries operate
my friend don't be stoopid.

Your arguments that FIFA which is headed by mostly Europeans, would allow Africans and S/Americans cheat while denying their own people that option is even dumber than the usual '...my 22-year old cousin applied for U17 and was rejected for being too young'

So this Uncle was 17 like this?

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Nobody: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2015
An0nimus:
Some of these 'integrity and honesty' comments probably used runs when writing their JAMB grin

Oga for your information, I was helped in writing my ssce after I could not make it the first time and my father was complicit. However after I gained admission into the university, my orientation and disposition changed right from my 100 level. I decided to always do my work on my own and I did that throughout my studies. Even though it was not easy at the beginning because the foundation was faulty and I struggled to cope with some courses, I picked up with time and I was more serious with my reading cos I know help is not coming from anywhere and I had to face my papers on my own. The success I had made me realize there was no benefit in cheating in the first place. I also made necessary restitution regarding my o level.

My father thought he was helping me so that I can quickly finish school and I will understand he really cares for me but I know that he actually was not helping me and will never allow my child to cheat. When you cheat, there's always a consequence for it. So not everyone who is talking about righteousness and integrity is corrupt. I have cheated in times past which i'm not proud of but I do not again and my life has been better for it. Thanks
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:11am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
chisantus Macaulay was 30 when he played under 17..a Jos indegene who knows him personally told me then

That Jos indigene is a bloody lair. Lies more than the serpent in the garden of Eden.

Macauley Chrisantus is still active in football today and in a respected team. If he was thirty in 2007, he will be 38 years now in a respected team like AEK Athens in Greece. He has played 24 games for them in 2015.

Let those guys rest with their lies.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Bollinger(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

jonathanOz:

Anuofia! Stop giving examples from the past. Apart from European countries and the US, it's very obvious that other countries cheated also in the past. Presently, the MRI scan is the standard for age verification. Get that into your thick skull

As you can see from the above. I did not make the comment. From the bolded, he did not say other countries should cheat. He said in the past they cheated. If I say someone stole in the past and now the police is stricter and arresting people today. Am I supporting Stealing.

Read carefully before making wrong statements and insinuation.

The funny thing, this m.oron doesn't get is this. Nigeria is the most successful country at the under 17 level. For some reason, everything somehow works when we are playing at that level. But, when it comes to a level playing field, then all of a sudden things don't work as well. Why is that. Countries who have not been doing well at these competitions dominate the competitions that matter. Why is that? I await your illogical rantings.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by fuke(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2015
PussyFucker2:
Please, I'm new on Nairaland.
How do i post a comment here ??

There 2 major ways.ways.
1. you go to the bottom and click reply and then make your comments.
2.If you wish to reply to a post, you click quote under the post and make your comments.
keep trying you will get used to it with time.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by adisarasaq(m): 8:13am On Nov 18, 2015
Icon4s:
^^^ These pix u guys have displayed were taken 2yrs after the U17. They were already U20 in d pix.

It baffles me when some malnourished, myopic peeps here say these kids are nt less than 25yrs.

It is that shameless mode that that took that trash to front page that I am still blaming. Nairaland that is viewed world-wide by different nationals.Every topic here can be assessed through google.

Mods una mess up big time.U guys can ban me if una like. Nonsense. angry

I think the number of comments on a post determines it's eligibility for front page
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by kel4soft: 8:14am On Nov 18, 2015
NiRfreak:
You are a disgrace to common sense and rational thinking...if having read several post analysing every ground of their sucess and still come here to cry poo of age..it means uar senseless.....why not go to FIFA to complain and ridicule their age verification technology...idiot...yes ...you think they are not 17....but FIFA said they are...u can go and die or invent your own technology of verifying age that is superior to MRI scan..idiot.....
You should be ashame of yourself with this post. Have you looked thoroughly through my post and point out where i insulted any commentator here? Do you think the statistics you re referring me to are more reliable than the facts available? Finally, learn manners if you don't have one or better still; courtesy should be your watchword from hence forth.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2015
fuke:

There 2 major ways.ways.
1. you go to the bottom and click reply and then make your comments.
2.If you wish to reply to a post, you click quote under the post and make your comments.
keep trying you will get used to it with time.

How can you fall for that? He actually commented on the thread. Lol.

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by fromnigeria(m): 8:15am On Nov 18, 2015
safarigirl:
This thread has been on my mind for a while, but I chose to post it now because of the ignorance that was allowed to grace the Front Page titled 'Papa Eaglets and Nigerian Cheating'.

https://www.nairaland.com/2742884/papa-eaglets-cheating-culture

First off, I have come to realise that Nigerians hate themselves and hate to see or hear of any progress in relation to their country, so they choose to make unfounded accusations on a team of dedicated, hard working BOYS whose only crime was bringing rare glory to a nation in turmoil. Yes, the purpose of this thread is to tackle claims that Nigerian age grade players are far older than their peers.

The people who make these claims do so based on the sole point that the KIDS eventually fail to realise their potential and fall by the way as opposed to their peers. They then give examples of Stanley Okoro, Macauley Chrisantus and Sani Emmanuel.

Let me first point out the fact that Administrative Errors on the part of the NFF as far as monitoring the progress of these players is one reason why these players don't progress.

Another is the poor state of the Nigerian league and lack of world class academies. While the players from S/America and Europe remain home for at least 2 years, playing competitively in their leagues, Nigerian players are hurriedly shipped to Europe where these KIDS have to deal with culture shock as well as work to prove their mettle or get shipped off once again, they're given little opportunity to do this compared to their foreign counterparts, that is too much expectations on kids who less than a year ago, mostly played the game for the fun of it

There is also that poverty mentality. The truth is most of these kids are from poor homes, we just read of Osimhen who was a hawker before the WC, hence, their immediate need is to get the cash to help out family irrespective of the working conditions, and we know well how African families are; once one person makes some cash, the entire extended family will relax, afterall "our brother is a big footballer in Europe".
So, a child of 16-18 becomes the bread winner of at least 10 people at home, so he has to pay his bro's fees, but Uncle Mike's child too has a business he needs money for, all of that pressure can damage that focus and passion for footy, y'all saw how Adebayor's issues panned out, how much more a kid?

Thirdly, Contrary to what many prefer to lie about, no, Nigeria doesn't have a history of failed age grade players. One guy claimed that every member of England's U-17 team of '09 have good careers, but I checked and found that only Danny Welbeck and Victor Moses can be counted in that team.

Let us remember that Chrisantus and Stanley are 2 of hundreds of age grade players from Nigeria, remember players like Kanu, Enyeama, Yobo, Onazi, Mikel, Omeruo, Musa and most recently, Iheanacho all played age grade football and were active for as long as required.

Maybe we don't have Messi or Di Maria, but even if everyone goes back to check on their mates from Secondary School you'll find that everyone didn't progress equally, in fact, in some sets, the best student then is doing badly now compared to the average and even poor students.

That is life for you, people with potential will fall, nobodies will rise. The likes of Dangote, Osibanjo, Zuckerberg, Oprah probably weren't potential pace setters while in school, but look at them now.

Please, Nigerians, stop slandering your own. Sweden brought Berisha, Brazil brought Mosquito and Mexico had Ochoa 2 years ago, where are they now compared to Kelechi? Did 2 of them not have beards? What about the Mexican captain this year? He had a full beard, but did Mexicans call themselves age cheats? No sane father would stone his son in the market square because others are doing it.

Protect what little is left of our dignity as a nation. Cc Joseph1013, terzurum, icon4s, thegoodjoe, thesupernerd, blueto, bascovanveli
Thank You So Much.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by An0nimus: 8:16am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

Just because people won't stop smuggling drugs does not mean we would stop hunting and arresting them. Same here. Just because in the past fifa has educated them and they refused does not mean they should stop educating them. Eventually, they'd get it.
You conveniently skipped pass the questions I asked.

FIFA will always campaign against age cheats till kingdom come same as racism.

You can talk from now till forever and cheats will still continue. it's like in your example, drug abuse has been hammered on for eons but that can never on it's own fully curb the menace.

Do you feel the MRI scan is a good tool to weed out age cheats? if no, do you have a better recommendation for FIFA?

Try not to avoid the question this time.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Bollinger(m): 8:17am On Nov 18, 2015
An0nimus:

I dare you to show me one Nigerian player in that U17 team that claimed 13/14 years at the tournament.

The only player born at the turn of the millennium (2000) in the tourney was a Malian.

and yes, you can get truly aged 17 year Olds with that level of talent in Nigeria. Go to the streets and see for yourself

Bro's, why are you talking as if this is the only competition that has ever been played at this level. Is the under 2015 competition the only one in existence?
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:18am On Nov 18, 2015
Bollinger:

The funny thing, this m.oron doesn't get is this. Nigeria is the most successful country at the under 17 level. For some reason, everything somehow works when we are playing at that level. But, when it comes to a level playing field, then all of a sudden things don't work as well. Why is that. Countries who have not been doing well at these competitions dominate the competitions that matter. Why is that? I await your illogical rantings.

You make an illogical point and call someone's comment an illogical rant.

What does other teams failing in senior competition have to do with the fact that FIFA scientifically proved that these boys are really young?
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by Bollinger(m): 8:19am On Nov 18, 2015
An0nimus:

You can talk from now till forever and cheats will still continue. it's like in your example, drug abuse has been hammered on for eons but that can never on it's own fully curb the menace.

Do you feel the MRI scan is a good tool to weed out age cheats? if no, do you have a better recommendation for FIFA?

Any test that has an 18 percent margin for error is not good enough. I revert back to my recommendation for continued education and zero incentives for winners.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by safarigirl(f): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2015
asha80:
why are you calling Chrisantus? Was there MRI then?

I speak on behalf of the boys I'm familiar with. I speak for Kelechi Iheanacho, Taiwo Awoniyi, Chidera Eze, Musa Yahaya, Zaharadeen Bello, Akpan Udoh, Kekechi Nwakali, Victor Osimhen.

I will not sit by and allow misinformed people kill these boys' young careers by lumping them with guys that played when they were in Primary School. If tomorrow, you're denied a Visa because Nigerians are drug dealers, how will you feel?

Your own son could be a member of the Nigerian U17 team in years to come, how do you think your 16-year old will feel when he wins and is accused of being older because of a certain Chrisantus he barely even knows?

Forget Chrisantus and Stanley, focus on this new generation. You all forget that we missed the 2011 edition of the U17, why? Did we run out of over aged players? Did it not occur to you that maybe we missed it because we were trying to build a young team?

2 Likes

Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2015
An0nimus:

Do you think he understands what the MRI scan is before you asked him that question?

Ask him first, if he understand the MRI scan process.
Re: Give Our Age Grade Teams A Break! by An0nimus: 8:21am On Nov 18, 2015
michlan:

Oga for your information, I was helped in writing my ssce after I could not make it the first time and my father was complicit. However after I gained admission into the university, my orientation and disposition changed right from my 100 level. I decided to always do my work on my own and I did that throughout my studies. Even though it was not easy at the beginning because the foundation was faulty and I struggled to cope with some courses, I picked up with time and I was more serious with my reading cos I know help is not coming from anywhere and I had to face my papers on my own. The success I had made me realize there was no benefit in cheating in the first place. I also made necessary restitution regarding my o level.

My father thought he was helping me so that I can quickly finish school and I will understand he really cares for me but I know that he actually was not helping me and will never allow my child to cheat. When you cheat, there's always a consequence for it. So not everyone who is talking about righteousness and integrity is corrupt. I have cheated in times past which i'm not proud of but I do not again and my life has been better for it. Thanks
Don't take it p bruv. was just stating a point which you proved. All these talks of integrity and whatnot some of the Warriors are currently cutting corners in business or cheating during exams today.

Happy for you anyways. You took the right step and changed for the better. Won't you say our U17 now are younger looking than those before MRI scan?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beauty Siasia: "My Kidnappers Prayed A Lot. They Serve God And Juju" / Soboye Shehuin Dies In Road Accident One Week To Wedding / Aguero's Father Blasts Pep Guardiola For Treatment Of Man City Legend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.