Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 (4244 Views)

English Premier League Fixtures For This Weekend And Beyond / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / Latest Footballnews:english Premier League Results For Matches Played Yesterday: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 10:32pm On May 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Breakthrough PERFORMANCE of the season. . . .
Kiko is going to ROME and his goal is a strong contender for the goal of the season.
Are u aware of that?

Rome to do what? Oh ok, i get it to visit his NAN as well make up numbers on the bench

I will rip out Terri's blonde hair if he laces his boots and get on the pitch!

As for goal of the seaon contender, dont even think about it, the shortlist is with me and i also know who the winner is! cheesy grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Emperoh(m): 8:31am On May 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

What a tosser!
Now i know you are bloody useless just like Berbatov's left leg!
What did Fletcher do to Fab4 and Song? mess all bruv trust me!
All he did was beg for Song's shirt in the tunnel, you sludge! tongue

All i am saying is if you dont understand you thick blonde, how come Stevie G doesnt merit a start?
At the end of the day if we are talking about playing him in the midfield, he his better than fucking Fletcher
If you are going to have Torres and Nicky up front, obviously they are better than Stevie in that position, then Stevie deserves a midfield slot
No top class coach will have Stevie G available on the bench and put Fletcher in the middle
No one with a correct thinking faculty will agree that Fletcher is a better midfielder than Stevie G
You need your head steam washed, then your brain re-aligned to face the Kaaba in Mecca, maybe then you can reason properly
You and DK will struggle to reason better than an imbecilic slowpoke! tongue

A goat brained Autistic savant like you needn't a luxury of a reply
but i will make you feel among. . . . . .Any thing that has the traits of Rafa 'the Ranter' Benitez, isn't graceful enough to grace my team
I will only gift Alonso and Torres special recognition cool shocked Gerard is not better than the person i put there in the position he played this season.
He is not a complete midfielder and as such not fit to out muscle the guys there. Fletcher? Water carrier! Clean up Man! Janitor!
I tell you again, if your cobweb infested brain will allow you think, ask Fab4 what he got at the Emirates. . . . total annihilation and cleansing.

Brash, matter of fact, I think you brains need fumigation tongue grin at least to spare you all these stupidity infested comments you kee emitting.
A first timer here will think practising dementia is your hobby!! shocked tongue tongue grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Ibime(m): 10:00am On May 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

Johnny Evans
Rafael
Kiko Macheda
Carlos Vela

You must be smoking seaweed. . . . of all those, only Johnny Evans merits recognition, and maybe Rafael. . . . Carlos Vela did not breakthrough, he only flattered to deceive. . . .as for Macheda, no need to answer. . . .

When you talk about breakthrough performance, you talk about someone who came in and held the shirt. . . Jack Collison did that and even managed to look like the best midfielder West Ham have. . . .
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Tmoni(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2009
U guys should leave it clean without all the fighting,
every one has his own team

Tmoni's team below:-
Using a 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 formation,

GK - Van der sar

RB- Bosingwa
CB- Vidic
CB- Ferdinand
LB- Ashley Cole

DM - Essien
DM - Mascherano

RM - Aaron Lennon
CM - Stevie G
LM - Ronaldo

CF - Torres

Subs-

GK - Pepe Reina
RB - Glen Johnson
CB - Jamie Carragher
CM - Young Cesc Fabregas
CF - Wayne Rooney

Manger - Tony Mowbray grin, that team is expected to win even if a cricket coach manages them
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by bgees(m): 1:05pm On May 21, 2009
4-2-3-1-- the normal back four system, two central midfielders, 2 wingers(left and right), 1 support striker in the hole and 1 striker.

gk-- edwin van der sar.

rb--glen johnson.

cb- rio ferdinand

cb- nemanja vidic

lb-- patrice evra.

central midfielder-- micheal carrick.

central midfielder- xabi alonso.

left winger-- andrei arshavin.

right winger-- frank lampard.

support striker-- stevie gerrard.

striker--- fernando torress.

coach-- rafa benitez.

honourable mentions:

javier mascherano

martin skrtel

micheal johnson

hangeland.

micheal essien.

jo
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by tkb417(m): 4:22pm On May 21, 2009
Bgees
Lampard ahead of Ronaldo on the right wing shocked
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Emperoh(m): 5:00pm On May 21, 2009
tkb417:

Bgees
Lampard ahead of Ronaldo on the right wing shocked
I wonder who will play on the wing. Lampard or Gerard. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by mukina2: 5:19pm On May 21, 2009
Hemp and TKB
who make una police for persin thread tongue
cant people pick their teams in peace again? tongue
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by tkb417(m): 5:23pm On May 21, 2009
Hemp and TKB
who make una police for persin thread
cant people pick their teams in peace again
all ur attempts at making me lose my temper will not work
i resist you in the name of Jesus!
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by mukina2: 5:31pm On May 21, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin
hahahahahahahahaha
i swear you nor go kill me grin grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by debosky(m): 5:32pm On May 21, 2009
Debosky's Team of the Season

GK: Pepe Reina

RB: Bosingwa

CB: Alex

CB: Vidic

LB: Evra

LM: Arshavin

CM: Frank Lampard

CM: Mascherano

RM: Ronaldo

LS: Nicolas Anelka

RS: Fernando Torres

4-4-2 formation
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 5:55pm On May 21, 2009
Debo you invented grammar? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 5:59pm On May 21, 2009
Emperoh:

A goat brained Autistic savant like you needn't a luxury of a reply
but i will make you feel among. . . . . .Any thing that has the traits of Rafa 'the Ranter' Benitez, isn't graceful enough to grace my team
I will only gift Alonso and Torres special recognition cool shocked Gerard is not better than the person i put there in the position he played this season.
He is not a complete midfielder and as such not fit to out muscle the guys there. Fletcher? Water carrier! Clean up Man! Janitor!
I tell you again, if your cobweb infested brain will allow you think, ask Fab4 what he got at the Emirates. . . . total annihilation and cleansing.
Brash, matter of fact, I think you brains need fumigation tongue grin at least to spare you all these stupidity infested comments you kee emitting.
A first timer here will think practising dementia is your hobby!! shocked tongue tongue grin

You know what your problem is Emperoh? Acute Charg Strauss Syndrome coupled with thick deposition of Mucus in your brain shocked

You lack the base level common sense factor required to discuss football, how dare you talk about football when u dont even watch it? shocked grin

You are absolutely useless, so is your BMX bicycle seat shaped head tongue

What can revive a twerp like you is a 3000V jolting by a voltage optimizer fitted with a bypass switch, passed through you depleted brain cells

OK now back to the topic! grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by mukina2: 6:01pm On May 21, 2009
grin grin grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Sauron1: 7:49pm On May 21, 2009
Ibime:

When you talk about breakthrough performance, you talk about someone who came in and held the shirt. . . Jack Collison did that and even managed to look like the best midfielder West Ham have. . . .

This when your school certificates look questionable.
How easy is it to break into the United first team? These are arguably the top 4 clubs in Europe and you are comparing West Ham's Jack Collison to Carlos Vela.

Vela, Evans, Rafael and even Welbeck would start week in week out in the clubs outside the BIG 4.
Where were you when United youngsters held Everton(5th best team in the EPL) to a goalless draw in 120 minutes?
Abeg, Jack Collison would not start a league game in Arsenal and Chelsea(never mind Liverpool and Man Utd)
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Cristalz(f): 9:07pm On May 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

Who else has that much sense? grin cheesy

We needed something to distract us from the Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea threads, at least for a while!

Now your list please Crizzle Nizzle! tongue kiss

Brad Friedel

Bosingwa Rio Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Ronaldo Essien Arshavin Ryan Babel

Rooney

Torres
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Sauron1: 9:14pm On May 21, 2009
Ryan Babel in the team of the season?
He wouldn't even get in Liverpool's first team when they have Riera!!!

Cristalz, check your email. . . . .
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Cristalz(f): 9:52pm On May 21, 2009
That's only 'cos Rafa is too dim to realize the amount of skill, talent, and passion Babel possesses. He is my favorite Liverpool player, and I would put him in my team any time any day.

Checking mail. . .
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by debosky(m): 9:56pm On May 21, 2009
Babel is a headless chicken - Dutch version of Pius Ikedia. cheesy
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Cristalz(f): 10:18pm On May 21, 2009
Rafa has infected you with his ailment then. tongue grin grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 10:54pm On May 21, 2009
Crizzle
shocked shocked shocked
You messed up! shocked
Babel spent more than half the season clutching straws in his tracksuits whilst warming his battyhole up on the bench
How he made your team of the season is baffling

You might as well stick in Howard Webb and Felipe Scolari!
cheesy
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Cristalz(f): 11:15pm On May 21, 2009
No, Brash.  .  .you guys are ignorant. grin

Babel is a very good player, tough, fast, good ball control, and is quite good at sneaking behind opponents' defenses. He doesn't get the opportunity to show himself much 'cos silly Rafa keeps benching him and bringing him on for just a few minutes of playing time.  .  .kinda like Tev.

There have been times when Babel came off the bench to save 'em Scousers' ass with late goals. The dude is good. Ask any honest Liverpool fan.

Besides, I'm the team selector here. . .if my Babel can blend well with the rest of the team and gets me goals, I'm cool. And he can. cool It's not only the media favorites that are skilled.

Ryan Babel is one very important player.
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Sauron1: 11:18pm On May 21, 2009
Cristalz:

That's only 'cos Rafa is too dim to realize the amount of skill, talent, and passion Babel possesses. He is my favorite Liverpool player, and I would put him in my team any time any day.

Checking mail.  .  .

U have not done what i asked u. . . . .
Where are the golden eggs?

Criz, Babel is a wastepipe.
I cannot even believe you are defending this shower of shit of a player.
He lacks football brain and Nani is miles better than him.
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 11:21pm On May 21, 2009
Crizzle

I am not disputing the fact that Babel is not a good player but does he merit a place in the EPL team of the year? NAH!

I was pained when Babel was touted to Arsenal and he went to Liverpool

Now think out of the box my love, i expected better from you! grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Cristalz(f): 11:25pm On May 21, 2009
Sorry luv, but I have never been one to conform. grin

I know he is a good player, and I believe he hasn't been given enough opportunities to show his true value, no thanks to Rafa. And I believe in him enough to put him on my team. So.  .  .stuff your expectations in Walcott's socks. grin

There are times when you wonder what the heck the gaffer is doing, but in the end you applaud and say ''wow!''. This is one of 'em times. grin

@Sauron
. . .I'm not going to. grin

Babel is not shit. . . tongue
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 11:27pm On May 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

He lacks football brain and Nani is miles better than him.

Dont go there, Babel is better than Nani by 150 Metusalah years!

Nani better than Babel? shocked shocked shocked

Sauron, what sotta cider are you sipping on tonight?
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by dyabman(m): 11:29pm On May 21, 2009
@Cristalz

im right at your back,  Babel is my favorite player in liverpool, but is skill,experience,vision has been destroyed by the bald-head coach that only allows spanish player to play, imagine riera starting ahead of Babel,  wish that guy should sign for chelsea.
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by Sauron1: 11:29pm On May 21, 2009
MrCrackles:

Dont go there, Babel is better than Nani by 150 Metusalah years!

Nani better than Babel? shocked shocked shocked

Sauron, what sotta cider are you sipping on tonight?

Nani is a better winger than Babel.
He is naturally-talented, can dribble from a standing position, he can cross, he can shoot.
The only thing Nani lacks right now is END PRODUCT(Ronaldo had the same issue when he first joined Man Utd).
If he can sort that out, he will be greater than Ronaldo.
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 11:30pm On May 21, 2009
Drizzle

Fair enough sweetie!

Your team, it aint my team innit!

BT.W is Walccy your new crush? At least you made a better option on who to crush on after salivating over unkept Eboue for months! tongue
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 11:33pm On May 21, 2009
~Sauron~:

Nani is a better winger than Babel.
He is naturally-talented, can dribble from a standing position, he can cross, he can shoot.
The only thing Nani lacks right now is END PRODUCT(Ronaldo had the same issue when he first joined Man Utd).
If he can sort that out, he will be greater than Ronaldo.

I doubt it, he can never be!

Ronaldo is one of the people God spent extra time on! tongue

You dont get a lotta of Pele's, Maradona, Zidane and Co, or do you?

Nani's story at United will soon be likened to Djema-Djemba's

Much promise at the start but piss poor at the end

And before you know it, he will be out of reckoning like Frank Dja-Dje-Dje! grin
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by dyabman(m): 11:38pm On May 21, 2009
DYABMAN's Team.

Duke

Richard               Zabaleta           bassong          Konchesky

Danny Murphy        Dempsey         De jong  

Jones           figueora            Cousin

Sub.

Lampard

Rooney

Torres

Ireland

Ronaldo

Cech.
Re: Your English Premier League Team Of The Season 08/09 by MrCrackles(m): 11:41pm On May 21, 2009
Dyabman

What a line up for a sub bench! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Almeria Vs Barcelona [0 - 8] On Sat,20th November At 8pm / Burnley Vs Liverpool (0 - 1) On 26th December 2014 / Gunners: Team Of The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.