Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,047 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff (51647 Views)

Nigerian Embassy In Washington Sacks Workers, Explains Why / Why Konga Sacks Workers Every Six Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
decatalyst:
They are sacking people into already congested unemployed population.

The majority of those employed are underemployed.

Don't give excuses for not being at work or at your duty post. There is "no" greener pastures anywhere!

I read a post here on NL of how a Nairalander left her job for an uncertain one. The reality later dawn on her that she was I a "paradise", compared to what she got now.

Perseverance is a key to achieving a goal.
Watch before you leap even during your job hunt.

Value the job you have now and don't lazy around.

My thought tho. cool cool

Imagine!
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
Tunami:
they should'nt worry the wind of change nd bubu's body odour will provide another job for them.

Oh no!
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by petermichaels(m): 12:02am On Nov 18, 2015
So sad,d not long ago great Nigeria,is gradually dpreciating. God help us in dis mess we put our selves
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by obiaguna(m): 12:29am On Nov 18, 2015
Frankiss44:

My brother you just ended up saying nothing .. If the place is over staffed as you claim then it should be direct staffs that earn millions for doing nothing.. The highest paid back up staff there earned 116k and they are being owed salary for about 7 months now and the funny thing is that they are the ones doing the jobs.

I really need to know your definition of over staffed because the plant is being operated on a 24 hour basis meaning these workers run on shift.

It's only in this country we won't have problem with senators receiving millions for sleeping but when it comes to the common man, we will start asking jamb questions. Give the Senate to Tony elumelu and see if many heads will not roll

Very good point that. Well said.
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by cosxzbay: 5:05am On Nov 18, 2015
lonelydora:
So 3 months in lieu and extra one month salary for each year worked is now termed "handsomely" in Nigeria?

If a staff earns 70k/month as I heard, and worked for 5 years, please help me do the maths, and see if it's handsomely.

Please they should visit the MNCs and see what paying-off is called.

End time sack.

You need to get your facts right... these are not contract staffs and as such they earn a significant amount. Your pay off calculation Is right, but however they will also monetize their leave allowance.
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Zapence(m): 9:14am On Nov 18, 2015
dfav:
Can someone please tell why airtel dey sack..?

Even MTN with the trillion naira fine never begin dey sack..

So why airtel. ?

For those of you who do not know, Airtel is downsizing because they are soon going to be sold/bought by another (foreign) telecom firm, most likely VODACOM. and that's supposed to happen sometime next month (december) or thereabout.

You heard it HERE first.
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by viktor01(m): 10:28am On Nov 18, 2015
dfav:
Can someone please tell why airtel dey sack..?

Even MTN with the trillion naira fine never begin dey sack..

So why airtel. ?

Are you in this country?
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by viktor01(m): 10:43am On Nov 18, 2015
Things get severe for everybody everywhere.....
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by tasceige(m): 11:38am On Nov 18, 2015
lasisi69:
End time network
Been expecting
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by 400billionman: 11:52am On Nov 18, 2015
lonelydora:
So 3 months in lieu and extra one month salary for each year worked is now termed "handsomely" in Nigeria?

If a staff earns 70k/month as I heard, and worked for 5 years, please help me do the maths, and see if it's handsomely.

Please they should visit the MNCs and see what paying-off is called.

End time sack.

No mind them..
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by lordyugo: 1:54pm On Nov 18, 2015
seunmsg:

Trash. Corporate organisation have been downsizing for various reason since time immemorial. Some downsize for strategic reasons, others downsize as a result of poor management decisions in the past while some downsize as a result of economic downturn in their environment of operations. It is just plain mischief or outright ignorance to accuse a five months old administration of being responsible for airtel's decision to sack its workers when the company has not come out openly to tell the public the reason behind their decision.

all it takes is a single wrong economic policy or lack of to cause a ripple effect thru out an economy of a country,its not bout how long a govt has bn in office and 5months is more dan enuf
Re: Airtel Sacks Workers, Pays Off Affected Staff by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 01, 2018
Zapence:

For those of you who do not know, Airtel is downsizing because they are soon going to be sold/bought by another (foreign) telecom firm, most likely VODACOM. and that's supposed to happen sometime next month (december) or thereabout.

You heard it HERE first.

Happy birthday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Jobs That Will Be In High Demand In The Future / Differences Between: Sack, Lay-off, Retrenchment And Fire. / Man In Aba Charges N20 To Cross People On Bad Road With Wheelbarrow (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.