Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. (10383 Views)

Why Did God Plant The Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil In The Garden Of Eden? / Why Did God Create The Tree Of Good and evil If He Didn't Want Man To Sin / Man Already Had The Knowledge Of Good & Evil Even Before He Ate The Fruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 5:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
The tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, both are allegoric terms that Moses used to describe respectively the pure righteous wisdom from God and also the impure left hand wisdom which though also from Him but not approved by Him, this impure wisdome is idolatry. God is the owner of all knowledge.

Trees are men and the works of their hands is their fruits.

Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Exodus 34:12
Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 5:52pm On Nov 17, 2015
WHAT IS THE GARDEN OF EDEN?

Genesis 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Lebanon, Syria, Babylon and all ancient landmarks in the Bible are all towards the East.

It is a well known fact that the writers of the Bible are Asiatic men.

Ezekiel 31:9
I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

Eden is the term for the blessed land of enjoyment that God placed Israel. Eden was the good land, the perfect and productive land that was full of all manner of riches and blessings; it was the the blessed land.

There were other trees in the garden apart from Israel (Adam and Eve), the instruction God gave to Adam was to subdue these other trees, these corrupted trees that were bearing corrupt fruit, God commanded Adam to destroy them completely or else they would corrupt him and then become a snare in the midst of the land for him

Adam was told to completely destroy those trees or else they will eventually destroy him.

Deuteronomy 32:13
He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;
14 Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 5:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
THE TREE OF LIFE

This is the wisdom of God. Godly wisdom that comes from God. This is Christ.

Proverbs 3:13,18
13 Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.
18 She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

Deuteronomy 4:6-9
Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
8 And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?
9 Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons' sons;
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 17, 2015
What is Adam?
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2015
The wisdom of God is the Law that God gave to the Israelites. This is what many refer to as the Law of Moses. This was the Law that was to be the holy constitution of the Israelites, the Israelites had the Law of God to be their holy law, and adherence to this law would make them a wise, discerning, progressive and prosperous nation. It would make them the greatest most beautiful and most blessed and most developed and most enlightened and most industrialized and most prosperous nation on the face of the earth.

A nation of kings and priests to the Most High God.

A nation of Holy men.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 6:05pm On Nov 17, 2015
THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL

Genesis 2:9
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Exodus 34:12
Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee:
13 But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves:
14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
15 Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;
16 And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods.
17 Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2015
THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD TO ISRAEL (ADAM AND EVE)

Deuteronomy 18:9-14
When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch,
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.

13 Thou shalt be perfect with the LORD thy God.
14 For these nations, which thou shalt possess, hearkened unto observers of times, and unto diviners: but as for thee, the LORD thy God hath not suffered thee so to do.

THE DISOBEDIENCE THE EATING OF THE FRUIT OF THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL.

Eating the fruits of this tree was partaking of the evil works of idolatry

Jeremiah 32:30
For the children of Israel and the children of Judah have only done evil before me from their youth: for the children of Israel have only provoked me to anger with the work of their hands, saith the LORD.
31 For this city hath been to me as a provocation of mine anger and of my fury from the day that they built it even unto this day; that I should remove it from before my face,

32 Because of all the evil of the children of Israel and of the children of Judah, which they have done to provoke me to anger, they, their kings, their princes, their priests, and their prophets, and the men of Judah, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem.
33 And they have turned unto me the back, and not the face: though I taught them, rising up early and teaching them, yet they have not hearkened to receive instruction.
34 But they set their abominations in the house, which is called by my name, to defile it.
35 And they built the high places of Baal, which are in the valley of the son of Hinnom, to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire unto Molech; which I commanded them not, neither came it into my mind, that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.

They did evil and even surpassed their neighbours in evil, the tree of the knowledge of good and evil became a snare to them, in their midst. They worshiped ball, and sacrificed their children to molech in fire, they committed adulteries and abominations, they became hard hearted, wicked and evil, blood flowed continuously until God was tired of them, and chased them out of the garden, out of the pleasant land, the glory of all lands.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 6:20pm On Nov 17, 2015
MORE EVIL THAT ISRAEL (ADAM AND EVE) COMMITTED

Ezekiel 16:17
Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,
18 And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them.
19 My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord GOD.

20 Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,
21 That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?
22 And in all thine abominations and thy whoredoms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood.

Ezekiel 23:37
That they have committed adultery, and blood is in their hands, and with their idols have they committed adultery, and have also caused their sons, whom they bare unto me, to pass for them through the fire, to devour them.
38 Moreover this they have done unto me: they have defiled my sanctuary in the same day, and have profaned my sabbaths.
39 For when they had slain their children to their idols, then they came the same day into my sanctuary to profane it; and, lo, thus have they done in the midst of mine house.

THE TREE OF THE KNOWLEDGE OF GOOD AND EVIL WAS IDOLATRY, AND THIS WAS SATAN
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 6:27pm On Nov 17, 2015
The tree of the knowledge of good and evil was in the midst of the garden as was the tree of life. How did this tree find its way into the garden of God? They were the original owners/inhabitants of the land and Israel was commanded to to take over the land from them and also to destroy them completely.

Israel was commanded never to have any association with her deeply corrupted and idolatrous neighbors who were the embodiment of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Israel was to completely destroy these trees that were her near neighbours sparing neither male nor female, never to interact with them, never to marry from them or give in marriage to them.

Israel disobeyed God. She was deceived into idolatry; deceived into partaking of the fruit of the evil tree, she did worse than the original idolaters, she was became completely corrupted until there was no more remedy for her.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 6:30pm On Nov 17, 2015
2 Chronicles 36:14-16
Moreover all the chief of the priests, and the people, transgressed very much after all the abominations of the heathen; and polluted the house of the LORD which he had hallowed in Jerusalem.
15 And the LORD God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place:
16 But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.

They polluted the house of God in Jerusalem, they mocked His messengers, they misused and abused His prophets. He sent many messengers to them but they were obstinate. They refused to change from their wicked ways until there was no more remedy.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 6:43pm On Nov 17, 2015
Next

How to understand the book of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel etc.

Are you one of those people who haul giant Bibles about and have never read the prophetic books that are the meat of the Bible?

The next thread is for you.

Stay tuned cool
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
This is the explanation of the tree of good and evil
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Ishilove: 11:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
O ga o. MrPresident1 is in a world of his own grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2017
Ishilove:
O ga o. MrPresident1 is in a world of his own grin

I like his allegorical explanation though .

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Ishilove: 11:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I like his allegorical explanation though .
As in ehn. The guy na one man army cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
Jeremiah 23:29
Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?

The double edged sword that tears everything to pieces angry
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by CandidSeeker(m): 12:06am On Jun 16, 2017
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 8:21pm On Jul 08, 2017
Lalasticlala, another thread explaining the mysteries of the Bible for the edification of the brethren.

Let us go to FP smiley

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by nairaman66(m): 9:50am On Jul 09, 2017
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by booming: 9:51am On Jul 09, 2017
wow
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Integrityfarms(m): 9:52am On Jul 09, 2017
All I know is that the ways of God are unsearchable and way ahead the intelligence of men.

Serving God is by faith and not by logic.
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by realestniggah: 9:54am On Jul 09, 2017
Your MCM thinking everything in the bible is real..He is 27 and still call his pastor "our daddy in the lord"
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by ItalianWine(f): 9:55am On Jul 09, 2017
Nothing reasonable here to comment on...zooms out of thread undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by kingrt2(m): 9:56am On Jul 09, 2017
Signature
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by favourjohnson(f): 9:56am On Jul 09, 2017
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by MrPresident1: 10:01am On Jul 09, 2017
ItalianWine:
Nothing reasonable here to comment on...zooms out of thread undecided

Too heavy, too dense and too concentrated for your mind to carry

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by Hiccups: 10:04am On Jul 09, 2017
angry
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by victorazy(m): 10:05am On Jul 09, 2017
MrPresident1:
WHAT IS THE GARDEN OF EDEN?

Genesis 2:8
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Lebanon, Syria, Babylon and all ancient landmarks in the Bible are all towards the East.

It is a well known fact that the writers of the Bible are Asiatic men.

Ezekiel 31:9
I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

Eden is the term for the blessed land of enjoyment that God placed Israel. Eden was the good land, the perfect and productive land that was full of all manner of riches and blessings; it was the the blessed land.

There were other trees in the garden apart from Israel (Adam and Eve), the instruction God gave to Adam was to subdue these other trees, these corrupted trees that were bearing corrupt fruit, God commanded Adam to destroy them completely or else they would corrupt him and then become a snare in the midst of the land for him

Adam was told to completely destroy those trees or else they will eventually destroy him.

Deuteronomy 32:13
He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;
14 Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.

Garden of Eden is God's plan A for man where he fend for man, is not that is a garden as people portrays is but God's care for man, but Adam lost it and we are now living in plan B where u fend for ursef.

Tree of good and evil is unclothedness of human. mind you there are more undisclosed things God hidded from us there. I think fornication played a major role there.

Human is a tree who bears fruits (children) that's why it called "fruit of the womb" and the same tree can bear good and evil fruit (no be woman born Evans) grin.

Eve committed fornication from other creature or something and bear Cane, while Abel was the real son of Adam.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by femi4: 10:05am On Jul 09, 2017
Too long.......even for Church, na short verses I dey always read
Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by JayB11(m): 10:09am On Jul 09, 2017
[quote]What is Adam?[/quote
Adam is the father of ur father's father, father, father, father, father.....continue with the father till u can no longer open ur mouth n talk.

1 Like

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by teelaw4life(m): 10:10am On Jul 09, 2017
I still dont understand the whole Adam and eve story. Like how does it relate to me? When I'm not even responsible for what my grandfather did while alive, why am i being responsible for Adam and eve's foolishness ? Religion confuses more than it assures.

4 Likes

Re: The Tree Of Life And The Tree Of The Knowledge Of Good And Evil. by brightersms(m): 10:11am On Jul 09, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Merry Christmas O. Eku Odun O, Emi A S'opo E / Nigerian Pastor's N28bn Assets Frozen By Uk Court / 8 Important Ways We Can Be Delivered Totally From Sins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.