Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? (6011 Views)

Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / The Evidence For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by plaetton: 10:10am On Nov 19, 2015
UyiIredia:

There are two ways to know God exists through Nature. Magically, when God does things not observed Nature and logically, when you use your orí (I no talk head o, na orí I talk) to reason his existence from natural world.

Lol.
Contradictions galore.

I have read from two Christians today alone.
One posted that God is unknowable, the other said admitted there is no evidence for god ( even though he believes in god's existence.)

If you are able to REASON ( without any mathematical underpinnings) that god exists,
Now be honest to yourself , and tell us if that is not the same as saying ( what Nairaland Toothfairians have always insinuated) that god is a MENTAL Creation, forged in the human mind ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 10:15am On Nov 19, 2015
plaetton:

Actually, our obsession with skyfairy related stuff is very very explainable.

You see, slowpoke, a society is the sum of the characters in it.

A society filled with very stuu.pid people will undoubtedly have stupidity engrained in all aspects of her national life.

We, the TOOTHFAIRIANS of Nairaland, see too many stuuuuupid people, beholden to kindergarten fables, ..fables that are silly, contradictory and morally ambiguous.
Ok, If your strike gold, will you introduce it to me first before your familyundecided?
Your family needs to be free from their delusions first, when you succeed there then come here. You cant possibly care so much about us to show us this sort of concern daily.

You cant stop being stup1d right. its funny how some deluded minority claim they know jack. Unfortunately, Your pain and frustrations will rot in you. we know you are against the truth. If not, you'd be on islams page too to free them from their superstitions.
The rotten society is as a result of governing peoples having a similar stup1d godless orientation with you. Keep it up slow, you're in for a long frustrated life.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by plaetton: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
Ok, If your strike gold, will you introduce it to me first before your familyundecided?
Your family needs to be free from their delusions first, when you succeed there then come here. You cant possibly care so much about us to show us this sort of concern daily.

You cant stop being stup1d right. its funny how some deluded minority claim they know jack. Unfortunately, Your pain and frustrations will rot in you. we know you are against the truth. If not, you'd be on islams page too to free them from their superstitions.
The rotten society is as a result of governing peoples having a similar stup1d godless orientation with you. Keep it up slow, you're in for a long frustrated life.

We don't care about you.
Your brain is already atrophied, and is best suited for the scientific study of ignorance.

We care about the IQ dilutants that your type hawk and spread in our society.

Raising and Safeguarding the national IQ is imperative for everyone to ensure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by UyiIredia(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Contradictions galore.

I have read from two Christians today alone.
One posted that God is unknowable, the other said admitted there is no evidence for god ( even though he believes in god's existence.)

If you are able to REASON ( without any mathematical underpinnings) that god exists,
Now be honest to yourself , and tell us if that is not the same as saying ( what Nairaland Toothfairians have always insinuated) that god is a MENTAL Creation, forged in the human mind ?

I hope that MENTAL wont turn to LAMENT when Devil says Hello to you in hell.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by urahara(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

It's okay that you believe in a god for which, you admit there is No Evidence. undecided
Fine.

But isn't it silly, a grand folly, to expect another person to do same ?

I don't expect him to do the same. I even admire the fact that instead of blindly believing in God because a crappie book says he demands for proof. There may be or may be no God.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by menesheh(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2015
plaetton:

We don't care about you.
Your brain is already atrophied, and is best suited for the scientific study of ignorance.

It is ironical how one professing to be a mannered person and defender of the good book, consistently vouch for harsh and provoking words. This is one of the reasons i desist from arguing rigorously with him.

IQ below average.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 10:43am On Nov 19, 2015
plaetton:

We don't care about you.

Naah, you do care about us if not you wont spend your life here. Have you safeguarded the IQ of your family before spending your day and night safeguarding others or were you raised with hateundecided?

You are just a sneaky coward if you cant take your campaign to your immediate society, this is not just any public, this is the religion section where we share our "fairytales" among ourselves not among just any public. The picture below says it all. Only believers share their faith and are meant to be here
So what belief do you want to shareundecided? The nothing beliefundecided?. Your unnecessary stup1dity is clear for all to see.

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by urahara(m): 10:45am On Nov 19, 2015
Now that I think of it if we consistently that because we can't prove that there is God and because we don't know everything we should believe in him. We also can't prove that Peter Pan. The 9 tailed fox. Fairies. Unicorns. Singing Beans. And big foot isn't real. Does that mean we should also believe in them
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 11:06am On Nov 19, 2015
menesheh:

It is ironical how one professing to be a mannered person and defender of the good book, consistently vouch for harsh and provoking words. This is one of the reasons i desist from arguing rigorously with him.

IQ below average.

What do you expect?, commend you for displaying fake concernundecided?
Its ironical how you spend each day of your life on a "non existent idea" you claim not to belief.
whats the obsession all aboutundecided
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 11:29am On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:

who cares about you? mumu

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 11:34am On Nov 19, 2015
menesheh:

IQ below average.

I know his problem... He so yarns for a magical skydaddy and the silence, is sort of killing of killing and frustrating the dude.

i wonder what his family, maybe daddy, must have done to him that he so much yarns for a nonexistent one in the sky

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by menesheh(m): 11:44am On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
What do you expect?, commend you for displaying fake concernundecided?
Its ironical how you spend each day of your life on a "non existent idea" you claim not to belief.
whats the obsession all aboutundecided

That doesn't call for abuse. Aside from religious argument, arguments and debates are meant to critically iron out issues Objectively, concerning the possible pathway to follow in any issue of public concern. It is not a platform for flexing muscles and being arrogant.

You've made this particular statement pretty many times here "how you spend each day of your life on a "non existent idea you claim not to belief". I and many other atheists here have answered you severally but you keep repeating yourself.

Tell why you are busy propagating your personal beliefs to the public and why you're angry with ideas rationally refuting your claims. Any concept you can boldly present to the public must encounter critical evaluation and criticism, of which you have to live with it or keep that delusion to rest either in your house or in your brain.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 12:15pm On Nov 19, 2015
menesheh:

That doesn't call for abuse. Aside from religious argument, arguments and debates are meant to critically iron out issues Objectively,
Tell that to the other dude.
menesheh:

It is not a platform for flexing muscles and being arrogant.
This is a platform where we share our belief among ourselves, not among the general public.
menesheh:

You've made this particular statement pretty many times here "how you spend each day of your life on a "non existent idea you claim not to belief". I and many other atheists here have answered you severally but you keep repeating yourself.
I will keep repeating the statement till you can decode its meaning.
Dont sweat it,you arnt an atheist yet, you and the rest here are probably more of god-haters, except maybe rebellion has been included in the dictionary definition of disbelief.
And you havent answered anything, not even unreasonably
menesheh:

Tell why you are busy propagating your personal beliefs to the public and why you're angry with ideas rationally refuting your claims.
Im propagating my personal beliefs among believers.
Look, This is not just any public, this is a religion section. I will leave the second its changed into a "free for all" section.
No one is angry, i only find it irrational that you stay here day and night in the first place, You cant possibly come at me with "rational" discussions if you cant even rationally explain why you should be here.
menesheh:

Any concept you can boldly present to the public
This is a religion section!!!
menesheh:

you have to live with it or keep that delusion to rest either only in your house or in your brain.
I wont, i will keep sharing it with other believers. You should tell us why you usually forcibly interfere in religious discussions day and night. Are you enchanted?undecided
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 12:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
This is a platform where we share our belief among ourselves, not among the general public.
Dont sweat it,you arnt an atheist yet, you and the rest here are probably more of god-haters, except maybe rebellion has been included in the dictionary definition of disbelief.
Look, This is not just any public, this is a religion section. I will leave the second its changed into a "free for all" section.
No one is angry, i only find it irrational that you stay here day and night in the first place, You cant possibly come at me with "rational" discussions if you cant even rationally explain why you should be here.
I wont, i will keep sharing it with other believers. You should tell us why you usually forcibly interfere in religious discussions day and night. Are you enchanted?undecided

Gosh... you talk too much, so where is your God? or did he kainda possess you to rant?
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
frank317:

Gosh... you talk too much, so where is your God? or did he kainda possess you to rant?
Look, you waste your time when you ask me that question, ive never tried to answer you and probably wont.

Why are you here? simple.
If you strike gold, will you give me first??
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
Naah, you do care about us if not you wont spend your life here. Have you safeguarded the IQ of your family before spending your day and night safeguarding others or were you raised with hateundecided?

You are just a sneaky coward if you cant take your campaign to your immediate society, this is not just any public, this is the religion section where we share our "fairytales" among ourselves not among just any public. The picture below says it all. Only believers share their faith and are meant to be here
So what belief do you want to shareundecided? The nothing beliefundecided?. Your unnecessary stup1dity is clear for all to see.
ur such a born by mistake fellow. I guess his parents doesn't rob this fairytale of urs on his face but u re here confusing others about something u don't the history of.

go sleep in shame scum.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by urahara(m): 12:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
If seun osewa chooses to share his atheistic views on this religion section he created why can't we.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 12:41pm On Nov 19, 2015
krattoss:
ur such a born by mistake fellow. I guess his parents doesn't rob this fairytale of urs on his face but u re here confusing others about something u don't the history of.

go sleep in shame scum.
Kai, you're frustrated arnt youundecided? No wonder you desperately seek to introduce people to your frustrated life.
Look on the bright side kid, the world is dosent end in your home.
All of you have postulated different history of christianity, which of the lies do you then want us to believeundecided?
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 12:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
Look, you waste your time when you ask me that question, ive never tried to answer you and probably wont.

Why are you here? simple.
If you strike gold, will you give me first??

of course you can never answer the question. isnt that why you sound frustrated? isnt that why you are angry... You know your God does not exist, yet you preach him, you worship him... tell me, whats really the problem? what did your real family do to you that you so much desire a non existent one?
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2015
urahara:
If seun osewa chooses to share his atheistic views on this religion section he created why can't we.
Im not sending you away, its not like i own this forum. But you wanna be rational right? Then rationally explain why atheists spend their life talking about a God and religion they dont believe, and please dont tell me they care about the public. Boko haram killed hundreds yesterday, i dont see them in islams section trying to free muslims of their bondage. Why are they constantly against a particular truth, why is there so much rebellion against sanity in the world.

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
frank317:

of course you can never answer the question. isnt that why you sound frustrated? isnt that why you are angry... You know your God does not exist, yet you preach him, you worship him... tell me, whats really the problem? what did your real family do to you that you so much desire a non existent one?
Did you study evasion in school, cos everyone can see for themselves.

If you strike gold, will you give me first before your family?. You cant hate them that much coward. Im sure you have deluded people christians in your family, why not make them realize their mental slavery first before coming to preach to us.

I dont desire a non existent family, non existent families dont exist naundecided I only believe in existence and so i dont know what you even mean by non existent father or family. Not everyone is frustrated, you cant relate me with your frustrations.
Im not angry, im having fun making you sound stup1d.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 19, 2015
Trustworthiness:
@Op.

1. Why should I believe you have SENSE when you have not proven to us that they Truely exit by showing us physically.

2. Why should I believe that you will be pained if i use a 16mm iron rod to hit your head when I don't feel the pain myself.

3. Why should I believe you have a brain in your skull when I can't see and feel your brain. May be what you have in your skull is purely milk.

Please go and do proper rethinking. Even some scientists testifies to the existence of a supernatural being that is in charge of everything and that is God Almighty.

Moreover, you can't be making conclusion that there is no God when the only book you read is bible and looking at things in Christianity point of view that might not actually make any sense to you due to several contradictions in it.

behold people, the dumbest person on the internet.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 1:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
Did you study evasion in school, cos everyone can see for themselves.

If you strike gold, will you give me first before your family?. You cant hate them that much coward. Im sure you have deluded people christians in your family, why not make them realize their mental slavery first before coming to preach to us.

I dont desire a non existent family, non existent families dont exist naundecided I only believe in existence and so i dont know what you even mean by non existent father or family. Not everyone is frustrated, you cant relate me with your frustrations.
Im not angry, im having fun making you sound stup1d.

ok, since you know non existent family dont exist, why do you desire a non existent family? what did your real family do to you? do you have a problem with ur father? did anyone molest u as a kid?
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by urahara(m): 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
Joshuabase:

behold people, the dumbest person on the internet.

Joshua base don't mind him. He seems to have confused evidence with seeing and believing. We know that electromagnetic waves exist even if we can't see them because we have evidence. We know that evolution is a fact because we have massive evidence. We know that matter consists of atoms even though we can't see the atoms because we have evidence and we know that the earth and the stars are billions of years old and not 6000 years as some idiotic book called the bible says it is because we have a lot of massive evidence.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2015
frank317:

ok, since you know non existent family dont exist, why do you desire a non existent family? what did your real family do to you? do you have a problem with ur father? did anyone molest u as a kid?
Your childish insults wont work on me.

The question is;
If you strike gold, will you show me first before your family

Answer the question, dont stylishly tell us the kind of person your father is.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by menesheh(m): 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:

You being dishonest and disingenuous here. Will you be happy if you are able to convert me to your views about reality?

You don't only stick to your posts or posts of the same sort with yours. You comments on threads that are of atheists and that of other religions in this section (like muslem). Infact you a major critic of muslem religion. Telling me that you're only sharing your faith with only Christians is a dishonest assertion.

You are pretty much an atheist (disbelieve in other gods) to other religions except one, christianity. Since you can boldly criticize and point-out the flaws in other religions, and at the same time, labour anybody who did same to yours as "god haters" is being hypocritical.

The meaning of bigotry is Intolerance or prejudice, especially religious or racial; discrimination against...
It is irrational hostile attitude, hatred towards a particular group, race or religion. But at the same time install a fetter of iron fence to deter people from criticizing your own views or pointing out flaws in yours is utterly hypocritical.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
Your childish insults wont work on me.

The question is;
If you strike gold, will you show me first before your family

Answer the question, dont stylishly tell us the kind of person your father is.

lol.. ask politely, just like Jesus would. fall on your knees and beg. Maybe, just maybe, i will tell you.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2015
menesheh:

You being dishonest and disingenuous here. Will you be happy if you are able to convert me to your views about reality?
You cant evade my questions and expect me to answer yours.
menesheh:

You don't only stick to your posts or posts of the same sort with yours. You comments on threads that are of atheists and that of other religions in this section (like muslem).
oh sorry, i didnt see where it is written that "share your beliefs on christian topics only".
I comment on threads because im here to "share my belief in God", muslims have their page, maybe you should request that a new section be created for atheism under religion, lol, We know atheism is religion.
menesheh:

Infact you a major critic of muslem religion.
Interesting, go take your pills!!!.
menesheh:

Telling me that you're only sharing your faith with only Christians is a dishonest assertion.
I share my faith with people who are meant to be here, with people who share their faith in God or other "higher powers". what are you here to shareundecided?, nothingundecided?
menesheh:

You are pretty much an atheist (disbelieve in other gods) to other religions except one, christianity.
I laugh when you say christians are atheistic to other gods?
No christian can disbelief the existence of other gods, demons dont exist for nothing.
menesheh:

Since you can boldly criticize and point-out the flaws in other religions, and at the same time, labour anybody who did same to yours as "god haters" is being hypocritical.
Other religions are self destructive, no one is criticizing anything.
100% of the atheists god-haters on this forum speak against a particular God, their Creator. That God is the living God.
Well, i wouldnt expect you to concern yourself with a lie grin
menesheh:

The meaning of bigotry is Intolerance or prejudice, especially religious or racial; discrimination against...
Just explain your obsession with christianity already.
menesheh:

It is irrational hostile attitude, hatred towards a particular group, race or religion. But at the same time install a fetter of iron fence to deter people from criticizing your own views or pointing out flaws in yours is utterly hypocritical.
No, let me tell you what irrationallity is;
-Irrationality is when you believe sports to be nonsense.
-go to sports section on nairaland
-spend your life daily giving them arguments against sport.
-call those who point out your stup1dity hostile.

For the umpteenth time, What are you doing here!!!
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by winner01(m): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2015
frank317:

lol.. ask politely, just like Jesus would. fall on your knees and beg. Maybe, just maybe, i will tell you.
You must have had a degree in evasion.
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by menesheh(m): 3:30pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
You cant evade my questions and expect me to answer yours.
oh sorry, i didnt see where it is written that "share your beliefs on christian topics only".
I comment on threads because im here to "share my belief in God", muslims have their page, maybe you should request that a new section be created for atheism under religion, lol, We know atheism is religion.
Interesting, go take your pills!!!.
I share my faith with people who are meant to be here, with people who share their faith in God or other "higher powers". what are you here to shareundecided?, nothingundecided?
I laugh when you say christians are atheistic to other gods?
No christian can disbelief the existence of other gods, demons dont exist for nothing.
Other religions are self destructive, no one is criticizing anything.
100% of the atheists god-haters on this forum speak against a particular God, their Creator. That God is the living God.
Well, i wouldnt expect you to concern yourself with a lie grin
Just explain your obsession with christianity already.
No, let me tell you what irrationallity is;
-Irrationality is when you believe sports to be nonsense.
-go to sports section on nairaland
-spend your life daily giving them arguments against sport.
-call those who point out your stup1dity hostile.

For the umpteenth time, What are you doing here!!!

Am here to refute ancient scribings narrated to persons with poor judgment as absolute truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by frank317: 3:34pm On Nov 19, 2015
winner01:
You must have had a degree in evasion.

Yes i have, do you want to give me another one? and thanks for derailing the thread.

I was having a good time with richie before you rudely interrupted.

Ok, while i leave you wondering why i am always spending my whole life on religious section, let me go get richie to answer me.

Ooops, seems his also confused about his creator, just like u. or would u care to answer the questions i posed to him?
Re: Why Should I Believe In God If There Is No Evidence For His Existence? by anpaf: 4:08pm On Nov 19, 2015
RealAdewole:
can u proof that God did not exist

No, he can't prove that god doesn't exist. He is not the one making the claim, you made a claim that there is a god, he is simply asking for your evidence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Powerful Welfare Prayer You Must Pray Everyday / Muslims Who Have Encountered Yahushua (Jesus Christ) / Occult Altar: Powerful Spells On My Occult Altar At Midnight [video][photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.