Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,501 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes (65102 Views)

Lady Lay Hands On TerryG's Head While Praying For Him (photo) / Is This The 'Fall' Of Davido? Kemi Olunloyo Asks As She Reveals More Details / TerryG Apologizes To Nigerian DJs For Slapping A DJ At Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by SaiBuharii: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Lol. Joker. The guy still has something to offer. Believe or not.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by demarc001: 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
What do you expect from someone that is inspire by gas(weed)? Inspiration disappears with the air!
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
WE DON HEAR
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by oladoye19(m): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
ok
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by missKiffy(f): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
Well said
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by baddyoosha: 2:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
who is terry G ?
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by entertainnaija: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
Make una keep the comments rolling in; I de read them
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by akingbatope: 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
dason4life:
Nothing last forever, especially MADNESS
grin grin grin
terry still on point, backbitter

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by DaegiiWealth(m): 2:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
what do u mean? Who know like better thing make I see?
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
For years, this Nigerian artiste thrilled us with bunches and dozens of trash! Many Nigerians actually spent this time dancing to his 'beats' filled with meaningless statements as lyrics!!! wink. It became so annoying when people who know nothing about good music and the generes of music in general started referring to TerryG as a hip-hop artiste!!! What an insult to hip-hop!!! Though, that didn't disturb me much because I know a lot of Nigerians don't even know how to classify music/songs.

When TerryG started this music thing some years back, he was producing and doing RnB. According to him, he wasn't selling records; he decided to 'commercialize' not only his songs but also his life. He introduced all he could into his music...flagrant display of weed smoking, drinking, celestial church bell ringing (Akpako) and other stuffs. After that, he became popular and was riding on the wings of commercial music. For TerryG, the sky was the only limit! cool.

Today, the irrelevance of this artiste in the Nigerian music industry is very clear; in fact, it is as clear as DSTV!!! grin. The young man doesn't have anything else to talk about; his weed, drink, Mr bling bling, bell ringing and other stuffs have not been able to save him. That is what is obtainable when one commercializes his music and loses his talent in the process!!! No matter how commercial you go, always remember to keep your talent intact. I know so many Nigerian artistes that are no longer heard after a short time because they either lost their talent or lacked real talent in the first place wink I believe Wizkid, Davido and some other music folks would still be in the limelight even in years to come because they still retained elements of their talent and sanity musically! As far back as year 2000, I was nodding my head to songs by the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc. Today, it may interest you to know that I am still doing that...and proudly too. Why? It is because they do commercial music but still retained their talent! They do music that suit the American populace, even down to Asia and Africa!!! cheesy

Nigerian artistes should learn how to be creative to stay relevant! It is not all about dishing out beats and crazy senseless lyrics to members of the public!!! Where is D'Smart that dis that song about pikin that wanted to drink small stout? No where to be found because he lacked real talent. He was only there to pick the few Naira notes he could while the fake fame lasted!

Recently, some artistes have reared their heads from no where and have started dishing out meaningless trash to the public. Let's see if the 'Share the gala, share the cake' artistes will still be relevant in the industry in the next two years!!! cool

Kcee is next.

1 Like

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by chinoify: 2:42pm On Nov 18, 2015
End Time
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by deolu2000(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
So
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by SchoolGist24(m): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:
For years, this Nigerian artiste thrilled us with bunches and dozens of trash! Many Nigerians actually spent this time dancing to his 'beats' filled with meaningless statements as lyrics!!! wink. It became so annoying when people who know nothing about good music and the generes of music in general started referring to TerryG as a hip-hop artiste!!! What an insult to hip-hop!!! Though, that didn't disturb me much because I know a lot of Nigerians don't even know how to classify music/songs.

When TerryG started this music thing some years back, he was producing and doing RnB. According to him, he wasn't selling records; he decided to 'commercialize' not only his songs but also his life. He introduced all he could into his music...flagrant display of weed smoking, drinking, celestial church bell ringing (Akpako) and other stuffs. After that, he became popular and was riding on the wings of commercial music. For TerryG, the sky was the only limit! cool.

Today, the irrelevance of this artiste in the Nigerian music industry is very clear; in fact, it is as clear as DSTV!!! grin. The young man doesn't have anything else to talk about; his weed, drink, Mr bling bling, bell ringing and other stuffs have not been able to save him. That is what is obtainable when one commercializes his music and loses his talent in the process!!! No matter how commercial you go, always remember to keep your talent intact. I know so many Nigerian artistes that are no longer heard after a short time because they either lost their talent or lacked real talent in the first place wink I believe Wizkid, Davido and some other music folks would still be in the limelight even in years to come because they still retained elements of their talent and sanity musically! As far back as year 2000, I was nodding my head to songs by the likes of Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, etc. Today, it may interest you to know that I am still doing that...and proudly too. Why? It is because they do commercial music but still retained their talent! They do music that suit the American populace, even down to Asia and Africa!!! cheesy

Nigerian artistes should learn how to be creative to stay relevant! It is not all about dishing out beats and crazy senseless lyrics to members of the public!!! Where is D'Smart that dis that song about pikin that wanted to drink small stout? No where to be found because he lacked real talent. He was only there to pick the few Naira notes he could while the fake fame lasted!

Recently, some artistes have reared their heads from no where and have started dishing out meaningless trash to the public. Let's see if the 'Share the gala, share the cake' artistes will still be relevant in the industry in the next two years!!! cool

I dont even listen to his songs sef cos they make no sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Ricovendetta(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
There is nothing shameful about his fall, its just life. We rise & fall. He had his reign and it fetched him wealth, now its over no big deal. wizkid, davido olamide phyno and the rest will face the same 5yrs from now or lesser maybe even more. my point is a fall as you tag it is unavoidable one will always have to give way for younger generations who later give way for much younger generation. No be one person get limelight

12 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Akosxxx(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
iyanya should read this
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nellybank(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
Am blaming buhari for terry g's downfall. Lol

3 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
akingbatope:
terry still on point, backbitter

When last did he performed on stage or released an Album?
Bird of a feather . . . It's obvius you are equally as MAD as he is
grin grin
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by krisinfo: 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Rapmoney(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2015
theshield:

Kcee is next.
Thanks bro. I wanted to mention that cheesy cool

3 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by alcmene: 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:

Bad belle.....why dont you also ask why daddy showkey and african china are no longer in the news undecided

No musician reign forever....I am not a fan of terryG but the truth is that the young man has made fortune from his weird music style

Do you know how much Harrysong is making from his latest/meaningless Reggae blues undecided

Remember 9ice konga aso.....where is 9ice today

8 Likes

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by 201320142015ob(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
Person wee don make we money na you de here they type rubbish about
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
grin too much weed affected his brain.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by Bigcake: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2015
Rapmoney:

Op, you be mumuu. Dont you know that there is time for everything ? Infact you too small.
Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by pus96: 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
Picture of Ondo state members of the ondo upper house and mimiko

Re: The Shameful Fall Of TerryG: A Lesson For Commercial Artistes by idowuswap: 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
idowuswap:
Pls. Ur brain. Is not working perfectly with this trash u post,tell me if ur father get money like terry g,instead of u to praise them since they can take care of their family with the musical career,the good song u hv be hearing. Since all this while has taking u to paradise or paying ur bills,,,animal I know u must be an igbo man,,,go carry cocaine or steal or 419
terry was given a ferrari car of recent,and this poor goat are talking trash...go buy sense..(Hanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Addresses The Illuminati Story / Davido Fined ₦190m In UK Hours After His London Show / Rema Finally Reunites With His Uniport Girlfriend At The Chop Life Festival -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.