Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me (28678 Views)

Nigeria’s Unity Negotiable – IYC Replies Buhari / Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Dotng: 3:10am On Nov 18, 2015
Arrest Order: Dasuki replies Buhari, says panel never invited me for interrogation

* Insists on open, public trial of his stewardship, not secret trial

Embattled former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (retd.) has described reports that President Muhammadu Buhari ordered his arrest, over alleged siphoning of billions of dollars earmarked for arms purchases, as not only surprising but embarrassing.

According to the ex-NSA, the 13-man panel set up by Buhari to audit the procurement of arms and equipment in the Armed Forces and Defence sector from 2007 to date, never invited him (Dasuki) formally or informally to appear before it, wondering how it (the panel) came up with the interim report without hearing from him.
Responding to the order by Buhari to arrest him, the ex-NSA told PRNigeria that “I have never been invited formally or informally to appear before the panel. I am therefore not only surprised but embarrassed by seeming indictment by the panel purportedly operating from Office of the National Security Adviser that never contacted me.

“For the record, I am proud to serve my nation with the best of intention and ensuring the recovery of more than 22 local government councils from Boko Haram terrorists.

“Because of the pride on how we tackled terrorism and defeated Boko Haram terrorists through our gallant troops and partners in the twilight of the previous administration, that is the reason I have insisted on open and public trial of my stewardship rather than secret trial in the court as being canvassed by my prosecutors.”

“I wish Nigerians will go back and reflect on what we did with even little or no supports from some countries, we performed miracles before the emergence of this administration. Even though the committee was to investigate procurement from 2007 to 2015, yet only my name is always being mentioned even when some of the issues were before I came into the government.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/arrest-order-dasuki-replies-buhari-says-panel-never-invited-me-for-interrogation/

20 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by CyberWolf: 3:28am On Nov 18, 2015
Their matter..None of my business.. angry ...I think APC's government is trying to take away Nigerians attention from the comatose economy we are experiencing now. You ordered a probe from 2007-2015, the panel is yet to complete their assignment and yet rush to the press with uncompleted report Whenever they are done with the probe, they should publish the whole report and allow Nigerians to be the judge. Rubbish angry

99 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by abe4kom: 3:44am On Nov 18, 2015
Good point there!

If the probe was to be from 2007, why are we hearing only of Dasuki, is he the only NSA since that time?

Or has Buhari not forgiven him for arresting him in 1985 still?

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by dorodee(m): 3:49am On Nov 18, 2015
Panel catch Amaechi == Minister. Panel catch Dasuki == Arrest. (jail)
Thief Na thief ooo... There should be no sacred cows!!

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Rawani: 3:53am On Nov 18, 2015
This man is an unrepentant Liar.

Did he not refuse to accept the letter of invitation to the committee?

QuotaSystem:

The operatives had on Thursday stormed Dasuki's residence, insisting on delivering to him personally, a letter of invitation for him to appear before a committee set up by the government to probe arms purchase while he (Dasuki) held sway as NSA.

The operatives' trucks have, however, reduced from two to one as at last night.

Dasuki said last night: "I told them that if it is just a letter of invite, they can drop it with my domestic staff, but they insisted that I must come out and collect it myself.

"I told them that unless they had a warrant allowing them to arrest me, I do not have to collect the letter from them and I am also not going anywhere without my lawyer."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201511092356.html

84 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Rawani: 4:22am On Nov 18, 2015
That this man is still making noise despite the heavy revelations against him, underlines the impunity he was accustomed to under the past FG.

N643.8 Billion and $2.1 Billion collected for arms purchases....

Out of 513 arms supply contracts awarded at $8.3 Billion, N2.1 Trillion and E54,000...there were 53 FAILED contracts worth $2.3 Billion and N13.7 Billion respectively.

The ironic and annoying fact is that currency spent on failed contracts was more than double the $1bn loan that the National Assembly approved for borrowing to fight the insurgency in the North East.

...and the final shocker....

Between March 2012 and March 2015, Dasuki awarded fictitious and phantom contracts to the tune of N2.2 Billion, $1.6 Billion and €9.9 million. The contracts which were said to be for the purchase of 4 Alpha Jets, 12 helicopters, bombs and ammunition were not executed and the equipment were never supplied to the Nigerian Air Force, neither are they in its inventory.

Finished? No Wait.

It was discovered that the former NSA directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to transfer the sum of $132 Million and €9.9 Million to the accounts of Societe D’equipmente Internationaux in West Africa, United Kingdom and United States of America for un-ascertained purposes, without any contract documents to explain the transactions.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/arms-procurement-scam-buhari-orders-arrest-of-dasuki-others/225938/

All this while, hundreds of thousands of innocent Nigerians were being shot, slaughtered, raped, tortured and buried because of THE HEARTLESSNESS AND GREED OF GEJ AND HIS CABAL with Dasuki as the chief strategist and finance mobilizer.

Now we know why the fight against BH lacked poiltical will and was sabotaged...

Now we know why a crashed military plane in Sambisa was found filled with dollars....

Now we know why our UN renowned soldiers were running from the terrorists out of frustration...

Yet some elements wanted the FG to gullibly and naively let this terrorist escape, despite him declining invitation to face the arms probe panel.

Congratulations Nigeria, the tentative chief facilitator and financier of Boko Haram has been nabbed.

126 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Aufbauh(m): 4:22am On Nov 18, 2015
Dasuki should just Park well jare and save his explanations for another day.
His attitude and dispositions are typical of a crude arrogant hausa man who feels that the rules most be played by his dictates.
In the rule of natural justice it is pertinent to give both parties audience, but when one of the party arrogantly refused participation it is considered consent.

We have those who will be against Dasuki's trial, but i bet it's not because they are comfortable with Dasuki's misdemeanor but simply because they detest the administration of PMB.

Any solidarity with Dasuki is an outright support for the killing and maming of women, children, young men and our gallant soldiers who lost their lives because of Dasuki's treachery and greed.

91 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:00am On Nov 18, 2015
Rawani:
This man is an unrepentant LIAR.

Did he not refuse to accept the letter of invitation to the committee?

So what stopped them from getting a warrant of arrest and then pick him up? He even gave the fools a lecture on how to get him legally but their mindset is on illegal default mode as usual.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Rawani: 5:03am On Nov 18, 2015
byrron:

So what stopped them from getting a warrant of arrest and then pick him up? He even gave the fools a lecture on how to get him legally but their mindset is on illegal default mode as usual.

Their intention was to deliver his letter of invitation to the panel, and ensure he does not sneak out, not essentially to arrest him.

Remember he was under investigation.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by jameseva: 5:11am On Nov 18, 2015
Sorry,.Mr Dasuki, your vieled attempt at garnering public sympathy wont work this time. We were all aware that you had frustrated both the efforts of the DSS and the investigative panel and only clamoured 24/7 to be allowed to 'run' to the UK for 'medical attentions', when there are several outstanding medical practitioners in the country that can help check your BP grin grin

You can cry allday of persecution and while you expectedly will appeal to the wailing zombies that dont want to see the country progress, well meaning nigerians will stand with President Buhari on this one!

If you are in anyway eventually connected to sponsporing terrorism, you will be hanged by the balls!! grin

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Gayigaskia(m): 5:15am On Nov 18, 2015
Let Fayose open his stinky mouth now in defence of Dasuki

25 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:16am On Nov 18, 2015
Rawani:

Their intention was to deliver the letter of invitation to the panel, and ensure he does not sneak out, and not essentially to arrest him. Remember he is under investigation.

That is the more reason why they should have used every legal means to deliver his invitation letter and one of such means is to publish it in any of the national dailies since they find it difficult to give it to his personal staff as requested but they insisted on delivering it to him directly. What's their motive?

A former NSA knows that the DSS are capable of all forms of evil plot and letter bomb is one of their area of specialization.

22 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Gayigaskia(m): 5:20am On Nov 18, 2015
This is how channels tv title this

President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the arrest of persons indicted by the interim report of the investigative committee on arms procurement.

Not just all those misleading titles you see on NL

18 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by tafabaloo(m): 5:20am On Nov 18, 2015
Kkkk

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 18, 2015
You people should stop replying biafrans. They scream to high heavens when buhari is probing their kind of witch hunting,tribalism and now it is an Hausa Muslim,they are also attacking buhari of fighting fraud committed under their son Jonathan. Wailers must wail whether buhari do or no do.

34 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by PassingShot(m): 5:26am On Nov 18, 2015
Appeal to pity and sympathy can only work with the gullible ones who especially are enemies of this current government. It won't work with majority of Nigerians who have gone through nightmarish bombings and killings of innocent citizens.

Saboteurs of our national security and economy do not deserve to be protected by the law of the land they themselves trampled upon while wrecking havoc. The main reason being that they have illegally acquired enormous wealth to compromise the justice system already. As I opined few days back, Dasuki should be treated as a terrorist because that is what he and his accomplices are.

PassingShot:
Dasuki sabotaged our nation's security. I don't pity him a bit.

As the NSA he took charge of budget for Defense (billion of dollars involved) and no weapons and ammunitions on ground to justify the money spent, hence BH thrived then. So, let him be brought to justice by hook or crook.

I don't care what anyone here calls me for this my opinion. Left to me, all those who actively brought the security and economic woes we're currently experiencing on us deserve no justice offered by our justice system they themselves flouted while destroying the nation.

Jungle justice is what they deserve. Period.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:30am On Nov 18, 2015
Rawani:

Their intention was to deliver his letter of invitation to the panel, and ensure he does not sneak out, not essentially to arrest him.

Remember he was under investigation.
So how did your kangaroo panel arrive at their report without hearing from Dasuki himself.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:31am On Nov 18, 2015
PassingShot:
Appeal to pity and sympathy can only work with the gullible ones who especially are enemies of this current government. It won't work with majority of Nigerians who have gone through nightmarish bombings and killings of innocent citizens.
Majority of Nigerians indeed!!! BTW Dasuki is not asking for anyone's pity.He is not a coward like you.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Rawani: 5:31am On Nov 18, 2015
The issue is not about letter or no letter as it stands. Dasuki is not superior to the DSS which is a legal entity in its own right. Hence, he should have collected the letter.

Well he didn't, and the President wants him arrested.

byrron:

That is the more reason why they should have used every legal means to deliver his invitation letter and one of such means is to publish it in any of the national dailies since they find it difficult to give it to his personal staff as requested but they insisted on delivering it to him directly. What's their motive?

A former NSA knows that the DSS are capable of all forms of evil plot and letter bomb is one of their area of specialization.

8 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:32am On Nov 18, 2015
maryjames9:
You people should stop replying biafrans. They scream to high heavens when buhari is probing their kind of witch hunting,tribalism and now it is an Hausa Muslim,they are also attacking buhari of fighting fraud committed under their son Jonathan. Wailers must wail whether buhari do or no do.
Will you shut up you fool!!! We know why Dasuki is been harrassed and it has nothing to do with corruption.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 18, 2015
Rawani:
The issue is not about letter or no letter as it stands. Dasuki is not superior to the DSS which is a legal entity in its own right. Hence, he should have collected the letter.

Arresting him is one thing, proving your case in court is another. Buhari would end up making a fool of himself in court.

15 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Rawani: 5:34am On Nov 18, 2015
Your intention is to irritate and not reason. Kindly take your twisted logic elsewhere.

chukwudi44:

So how did your kangaroo panel arrive at their report without hearing from Dasuki himself.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Gravanno: 5:35am On Nov 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

18 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by PassingShot(m): 5:35am On Nov 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Without hearing from him, all records relating to monies received as well as those relating to contracts awarded, executed or not executed can be accessed.

Dasuki cannot get out of this and no amount of noise making will deter PMB.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by PassingShot(m): 5:38am On Nov 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Will you shut up you fool!!! We know why Dasuki is been harrassed and it has nothing to do with corruption.
With what then? Why do you have penchant for supporting criminals? Politics should not make one lose every sense of reasoning you know.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by IAMTHEHERO: 5:39am On Nov 18, 2015
Dasuki did not run away immediately Jonathan handed over,why now?
Initially, it was why should he be in possession of 7 guns,now arm deal and procurement without giving him a hearing, next may be why did he advise for the election to be shifted. My fellow Nigerians,have we seen where we find ourselves. In fact, other military rules are far,far better than this present military regime of PMB.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 18, 2015
Rawani:

The Judiciary has the final say on this issue and not the DSS nor the President that wants him arrested, that is the beauty of constitutional democracy.

10 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by PassingShot(m): 5:40am On Nov 18, 2015
chukwudi44:

Majority of Nigerians indeed!!! BTW Dasuki is not asking for anyone's pity.He is not a coward like you.
Yes, majority of Nigerians are those who voted for PMB to be president and we're in support of his work so far. Those against him are inconsequential and noise makers.
How am I a coward?

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:40am On Nov 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Without hearing from him, all records relating to monies received as well as those relating to contracts awarded, executed or not executed can be accessed.

Lolz empty noise making, we heard it several times from the likes of Oshiomhole!! Buhari has nothing on Dasuki as the kangaroo panel only had to come up with something because of the court's order that Dasuki should travel abroad for medical care!!!

16 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:43am On Nov 18, 2015
byrron:

The Judiciary has the final say on this issue and not the DSS nor the President that wants him arrested, that is the beauty of constitutional democracy.
Don't even bother educating that fool. She thinks because the kangaroo panel simply says Dasuki is corrupt, the judge would just send him to jail!! Unless the panel substantiates it's claims, nothing would come out of this case

19 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 5:43am On Nov 18, 2015
PassingShot:

But Ameachi can get out from his while Dasuki can't! Nigerians and double standard.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by PassingShot(m): 5:43am On Nov 18, 2015
byrron:

The president has a constitutional right to order anyone to be arrested especially when it bothers on sabotaging the nation's security. The only thing is he must be charged to court within 48hours thereafter.
Let PDP/Mettuh/Fayose get their mouths sharpen to condemn the president, nothing will happen.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Makarfi Bows, Indicate Resolve To Work With Sheriff / Lawyers To Free 13 Lekki Protesters From Lagos Police / Bola Tinubu Visits APC House Of Representatives Caucus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.