Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me (28671 Views)

Nigeria’s Unity Negotiable – IYC Replies Buhari / Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Arrest Order: Saraki Relocates From Residence - The Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by agabusta: 8:05am On Nov 18, 2015
patmaine:

trying to play smart

Oga keep quiet. You have been corrected and u re still trying to argue.

This is a very terrible behaviour associated with a lot of folks on nairaland.

Once u see a superior point, it is expected in the world of civil and intelligent men, to appreciate the giver of the info and back down.

Go and read the report again. The naira figures were the contract awarded in naira while the other foreign denominations were the denominations the contracts were executed.

We have dollar, pounds and naira contract from the report.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by ProfV(m): 8:06am On Nov 18, 2015
African leaders; "Dogs that must eat the bone under their Care". It saddens the Heart when leaders of high calibre are so unpatriotic.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by agabaI23(m): 8:06am On Nov 18, 2015
PassingShot:
Appeal to pity and sympathy can only work with the gullible ones who especially are enemies of this current government. It won't work with majority of Nigerians who have gone through nightmarish bombings and killings of innocent citizens.

Saboteurs of our national security and economy do not deserve to be protected by the law of the land they themselves trampled upon while wrecking havoc. The main reason being that they have illegally acquired enormous wealth to compromise the justice system already. As I opined few days back, Dasuki should be treated as a terrorist because that is what he and his accomplices are.

How about Amaechi? His sins are well documented. Why is decorated with Transport ministry?
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by tafrica(m): 8:07am On Nov 18, 2015
ayindejimmy:

This is just a cheap propaganda from Vanguard and other PDP medias.
Here is what Buhari said as reported by Channels TV. I watched the news last night but I'm surprised Vanguard is only mentioning Dasuki. Must be intentional

www.channelstv.com/2015/11/17/arms-procurement-scam-buhari-orders-arrest-of-culprits/

Go and read last night's tweets from @NGRPresident handle. He specifically said Dasuki was indicted and ordered fro the arrest of others. Let's watch how long it will take them to arrest him, but I'm worried why it was presidential twitter handle that hastily tweeted interim report, yet to be completed and why they made it look like it was all about Dasuki when the probe was meant to be from 2007 till date.
I support anyone be probed but they are making it look like witch hunting, when you are in Buhari's bad books. Same way @APCNigeria handle was tweeting Saraki's case.
I'm yet to see any Buhari's Fav being invited or arrested by EFCC/DSS. Sylva and Audi's cases all buried. We should be worried about CORRUPTION OF ANTI-CORRUPTION.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by princejayboss: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2015
Gayigaskia:
This is how channels tv title this

Not just all those misleading titles you see on NL

My stand on this is that he should be given open but fair hearing... I think some ugly truth will come out from the open trial .. .... Why would the FG want a secret trial.... ?
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by thundafire: 8:10am On Nov 18, 2015
CyberWolf:
Their matter..None of my business.. angry ...I think APC's government is trying to take away Nigerians attention from the comatose economy we are experiencing now. You ordered a probe from 2007-2015, the panel is yet to complete their assignment and yet rush to the press with uncompleted report Whenever they are done with the probe, they should publish the whole report and allow Nigerians to be the judge. Rubbish angry

our Adesina nd Shehu will soon come out and say dier President Buhari dint give such order dat dy enemies re at work very confused government
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 18, 2015
Is Dasuki the only thief?There are more thieves who are friends to the president.He should prosecute them as well.I think buhari want to pay him back for what he did during the coup plot.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by agabusta: 8:14am On Nov 18, 2015
Prinzemel:
[It was discovered that the former NSA directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to transfer the sum of $132 Million and €9.9 Million to the accounts of Societe D’equipmente Internationaux in West Africa, United Kingdom and United States of America for un-ascertained purposes, without any contract documents to explain the transactions.]

When did dasuki have the power to solely give directives to the CBN to transfer sums into other accounts?. PMB is just frustrating the former NSA cos of the role he played in the. Year 1985.

Why not wait for CBN to release the records if indeed that happened. Why not get facts from all sides before running to conclusion.

We were in this country when a certain Abacha ordered the CBN to print billions for him.

What we have in Nigeria are weak institutions who cannot look authority in the face and ask for due process.

If the CBN receives such orders, they only need the authority of the Finance Ministry/presidency and they will comply.

Why not try to stimulate investigative reasoning by asking if there was such approval from Finance/Presidency or if CBN acted only on the demand of the former NSA? And if that is the case, under which law/process permits the CBN to release funds to the NSA based only on the NSA's demand?

Pls let's look at the issues holistically before taking sides.

It is billions we are talking about here.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by PassingShot(m): 8:16am On Nov 18, 2015
agabaI23:
How about Amaechi? His sins are well documented. Why is decorated with Transport ministry?
If Riverz govt had anything against him, they could have charged him to court.
Amaechi clearly challenged RSG and Wike on national TV to publish the report of g he panel while also offering to submit a copy with him to the hallowed chamber. Since then, NOTHING again has been said about his matter by the PDP or Wike.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by frisky2good(m): 8:16am On Nov 18, 2015
Stop answering a slowpoke. If he doesn't know that there are different ways to serve invitations. They have been at his gate for some days now so why didn't they just paste it there and leave?

byrron:

That is the more reason why they should have used every legal means to deliver his invitation letter and one of such means is to publish it in any of the national dailies since they find it difficult to give it to his personal staff as requested but they insisted on delivering it to him directly. What's their motive?

A former NSA knows that the DSS are capable of all forms of evil plot and letter bomb is one of their area of specialization.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by agabusta: 8:17am On Nov 18, 2015
tafrica:

Go and read last night's tweets from @NGRPresident handle. He specifically said Dasuki was indicted and ordered fro the arrest of others. Let's watch how long it will take them to arrest him, but I'm worried why it was presidential twitter handle that hastily tweeted interim report, yet to be completed and why they made it look like it was all about Dasuki when the probe was meant to be from 2007 till date.
I support anyone be probed but they are making it look like witch hunting, when you are in Buhari's bad books. Same way @APCNigeria handle was tweeting Saraki's case.
I'm yet to see any Buhari's Fav being invited or arrested by EFCC/DSS. Sylva and Audi's cases all buried. We should be worried about CORRUPTION OF ANTI-CORRUPTION.

There was a press release from the presidency which was released by the Special Adviser to the president on media.

The twitter handle of the president merely twitted this press release.

It is a common practice all over the world to have presidential twitter handles tweets the communique emanating from the presidency.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 18, 2015
Demdem:

Are u ok? did Wike the executive governor ever ordered for his arrest?
Did Omereji ever ordered for his arrest?
Did Omereji ever indicted him?
I wonder where u see double standard.

To your first question- YES, I AM OK.

Pls, understand the bone of contention before throwing your hat to the ring!

Was ameachi invited by the Judicial Commission of Inquiry? Yes he was
Did Amechi honored his invitation? No he didn't
Did you demand for him to go and give account for his stewardship? No you didn't
Was he indicted? Yes he was
Has he been arrested? NO
Ameachi to wiki- Go to court

The Rivers State Judicial Commission of Inquiry on Wednesday submitted its report to the State Governor, Nyesom Wike, with an appeal to him to recover stolen funds belonging to the people, including the sum of N53 billion taken from the State Reserve Fund.
The commission was set up by Wike to investigate the sale of valued assets belonging to the state by the Rotimi Amaechi administration.
Chairman of the commission, Justice George Omereji, suggested that the state governor should swing into action and ensure that billions of Naira belonging to the state stashed away in some places were returned while those found culpable should be prosecuted.

For more info- http://www.cknnigeria.com/2015/10/rivers-probe-panel-submits-report.html.

Was Dasuki invited? Yes/No
Did he honor the invitation? No he didn't Just like Ameachi
Was he indicted? Yes just like Ameachi
Has he been arrested? Gen Buhari has just ordered for his Arrest after his indictment by a panel but Ameachi got elevated to a ministerial post after been indicted by a judicial panel.
Have you found your lost voice that got missing during Ameachi's probing? Yes You just found it tonight

Dasuki to Buhari

[b]Dasuki Insists on open, public trial of his stewardship, not secret trial

Embattled former National Security Adviser, Colonel Sambo Dasuki (retd.) has described reports that President Muhammadu Buhari ordered his arrest, over alleged siphoning of billions of dollars earmarked for arms purchases, as not only surprising but embarrassing.

According to the ex-NSA, the 13-man panel set up by Buhari to audit the procurement of arms and equipment in the Armed Forces and Defence sector from 2007 to date, never invited him (Dasuki) formally or informally to appear before it, wondering how it (the panel) came up with the interim report without hearing from him.
Responding to the order by Buhari to arrest him, the ex-NSA told PR Nigeria that “I have never been invited formally or informally to appear before the panel. I am therefore not only surprised but embarrassed by seeming indictment by the panel purportedly operating from Office of the National Security Adviser that never contacted me.[/b]

This man is offering himself for a public trial and not a secret one unlike your Ameachi that don't even want to near the entrance to the probe center. All rational minds should ask buhari and co why they prefer a secret trial to a public trial? I thought the former Security boss should be the one pleading for a secret trial so that Nigerians wont get to know how much he stole rather the probers are the ones dodging a public trial of an alleged criminal as indicted by them though not from a court of competent jurisdiction grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some Nigerians may be foolish but not all Nigerians are foolish.

I just showed the similarity in this 2 cases with all sense of objectivity and i certainly hope it is not ambiguous for you.

Learn to be civil while engaging in a public discuss OK!
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by akatekpe(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2015
PassingShot:

The president has a constitutional right to order anyone to be arrested especially when it bothers on sabotaging the nation's security. The only thing is he must be charged to court within 48hours thereafter.
Let PDP/Mettuh/Fayose get their mouths sharpen to condemn the president, nothing will happen.
This is what we have been hearing, yet no single person, I mean single person has been sent to jail and you guys wu keep bragging like you dine with PMB daily and he has been assuring you all of jailing all the people He has been harassing here and there..abegiii
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 18, 2015
frisky2good:
Stop answering a slowpoke. If he doesn't know that there are different ways to serve invitations. They have been at his gate for some days now so why didn't they just paste it there and leave?

Thanks, i will hid to your advice.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by ldpele(m): 8:24am On Nov 18, 2015
My good Nlers, pls help me with three banker for lotto game, thanks as I anticipate your favorable reply.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Nobody: 8:26am On Nov 18, 2015
agabusta:

Oga keep quiet. You have been corrected and u re still trying to argue.

This is a very terrible behaviour associated with a lot of folks on nairaland.

Once u see a superior point, it is expected in the world of civil and intelligent men, to appreciate the giver of the info and back down.

Go and read the report again. The naira figures were the contract awarded in naira while the other foreign denominations were the denominations the contracts were executed.

We have dollar, pounds and naira contract from the report.
. who be dis one
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by tafrica(m): 8:27am On Nov 18, 2015
agabusta:

There was a press release from the presidency which was released by the Special Adviser to the president on media.

The twitter handle of the president merely twitted this press release.

It is a common practice all over the world to have presidential twitter handles tweets the communique emanating from the presidency.

I only corrected ur narratives that the release didn't mention Dasuki, it expressly did.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by agabusta: 8:32am On Nov 18, 2015
tafrica:

I only corrected ur narratives that the release didn't mention Dasuki, it expressly did.

You've got the wrong guy man. I didn't say anything about Dansuki.

I only quoted u to answer ur question why the president's twitter handle was tweeting the issue.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by PassingShot(m): 8:32am On Nov 18, 2015
akatekpe:
This is what we have been hearing, yet no single person, I mean single person has been sent to jail and you guys wu keep bragging like you dine with PMB daily and he has been assuring you all of jailing all the people He has been harassing here and there..abegiii
And one person is about to go down and you and you likes keep wailing!
You guys are just too unintelligent to engage in meaningful discussion. What can one discuss with a people who don't understand the painstaking efforts required to compile evidences for successful prosecution of cases of the magnitude we have at hand?

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Guyman02: 8:44am On Nov 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Yes, majority of Nigerians are those who voted for PMB to be president and we're in support of his work so far. Those against him are inconsequential and noise makers.
How am I a coward?

In my opinion you are an inconsequential noise maker and praise singer of PMB
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by otr1(m): 8:45am On Nov 18, 2015
Why some people defend criminals is beyond me.
Any means to to get justice for those who lost their lives, livelihood, homes, and happiness to insurgency and insecurity, should be employed.

Dasuki must face justice- him and partners in crime.

Criminals like this should not be given the privilege to exploit the weakness of democracy to evade justice.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Frankiss44(m): 8:49am On Nov 18, 2015
byrron:

But Ameachi can get out from his while Dasuki can't! Nigerians and double standard.

Dont mind that fool that calls himself passingshot or whatever... Even a robot reasons better
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Khez: 8:49am On Nov 18, 2015
Onye ori!!!

Oloshi!
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by homirefacuny(m): 8:51am On Nov 18, 2015
Rawani:
Your intention is to irritate and not reason. Kindly take your twisted logic elsewhere.

You fall my hand for quoting the outdated and wannabe called chukwudi44....

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by PassingShot(m): 8:52am On Nov 18, 2015
[s]
Frankiss44:

Dont mind that fool that calls himself passingshot or whatever... Even a robot reasons better
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by IamThrive(m): 8:53am On Nov 18, 2015
Well said.

With your word,I have known you a bit.

You are a learned man.

I also have compared your reply to our President and the one of a minister to a sitting governor.

God will vindicate you.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by HeavenShield: 8:58am On Nov 18, 2015
Rawani:
That this man is still making noise despite the heavy revelations against him, underlines the impunity he was accustomed to under the past FG.

N643.8 Billion and $2.1 Billion collected for arms purchases....

Out of 513 arms supply contracts awarded at $8.3 Billion, N2.1 Trillion and E54,000...there were 53 FAILED contracts worth $2.3 Billion and N13.7 Billion respectively.

The ironic and annoying fact is that currency spent on failed contracts was more than double the $1bn loan that the National Assembly approved for borrowing to fight the insurgency in the North East.

...and the final shocker....

Between March 2012 and March 2015, Dasuki awarded fictitious and phantom contracts to the tune of N2.2 Billion, $1.6 Billion and €9.9 million. The contracts which were said to be for the purchase of 4 Alpha Jets, 12 helicopters, bombs and ammunition were not executed and the equipment were never supplied to the Nigerian Air Force, neither are they in its inventory.

Finished? No Wait.

It was discovered that the former NSA directed the Central Bank of Nigeria to transfer the sum of $132 Million and €9.9 Million to the accounts of Societe D’equipmente Internationaux in West Africa, United Kingdom and United States of America for un-ascertained purposes, without any contract documents to explain the transactions.

All this while, hundreds of thousands of innocent Nigerians were being shot, slaughtered, raped, tortured and buried because of THE HEARTLESSNESS AND GREED OF GEJ AND HIS CABAL with Dasuki as the chief strategist and finance mobilizer.

Now we know why the fight against BH lacked poiltical will and was sabotaged...

Now we know why a crashed military plane in Sambisa was found filled with dollars....

Now we know why our UN renowned soldiers were running from the terrorists out of frustration...

Yet some elements wanted the FG to gullibly and naively let this terrorist escape, despite him declining invitation to face the arms probe panel.

Congratulations Nigeria, the tentative chief facilitator and financier of Boko Haram has been nabbed.

My brother are you sure for certain what you are saying and where did you get your information. This would be interesting. Make sure you are nit spreading falsehood.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by screampete(m): 9:00am On Nov 18, 2015
maryjames9:
You people should stop replying biafrans. They scream to high heavens when buhari is probing their kind of witch hunting,tribalism and now it is an Hausa Muslim,they are also attacking buhari of fighting fraud committed under their son Jonathan. Wailers must wail whether buhari do or no do.
I can imagine your age in your write-up.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by Rawani: 9:05am On Nov 18, 2015
HeavenShield:

My brother are you sure for certain what you are saying and where did you get your information. This would be interesting. Make sure you are nit spreading falsehood.

This is 100% true as revealed by the Presidency.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/arms-procurement-scam-buhari-orders-arrest-of-dasuki-others/225938/
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by moseshola(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2015
From all indications Col Dasuki is a book haram accomplice. He should be prosecuted and jailed if found guilty.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by ldpele(m): 9:08am On Nov 18, 2015
Just like ...44 told u guys that nothing will come out of CCT trial of the SP, same applicable here, nothing will come out of this, PMB, don't distract us, Nigerians out there are suffering, serpental queue are been seen everywhere.
Re: Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me by blackpriest0911: 9:10am On Nov 18, 2015
Where is that Fool Fayose?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Visits Victims Of Suspected Herdsmen Attack In Ebonyi (Photos) / Bomb Blast In Abuja / Umahi: "South East security Outfit Coming"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.