Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome (34202 Views)

Nexthome: 2016 Construction Daily Updates. / Nexthome Official Complaint Thread / Modern Office Renovation | Nexthome H52 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2015
End of Day 1 | What was achieved

1. Setting out of the building.
2. Delineating the perimeter fence
3. Excavation of the main building foundation
4. Excavation of the fence foundation (65% complete)
5. Blinding of the main building foundation (30%)
6. Preparation of ground beam stirrups (now completed)
7. Construction of 2 ramps over the drainage
8. Unloading roots and stumps in the space allocated for block production.
9. Contract to produce 15,000 sandcrete blocks awarded.
10. Submersible pump installed in the borehole and tested.
11. First batch of cement delivered.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2015
Happening Now

1. Ground beam reinforcement
2. Dewatering the foundation

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by wanaj0: 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2015
TLAX:

Its not unusual to have this kinds of situations during construction even in built up areas. Nothing wring with that especially even the contractor restores to condition he met it or better as soon as possible. Lekki II is jot really a built up area so nobody is being inconvenienced for now. I will take Brabus to the gallows if after construction he fails to clear the drainage, build proper culverts and fixes that portion if the road his trucks have obviously damaged...of course this is expected to be taken care of by the landlord.

Nothing wrong with blocking drainage during construction work? Na wa ooooooooo.

Why BLOCK the drainage throughout the duration of the construction work only to clear it AFTER construction is completed? Why not build the RAMP NOW to create access to the plot? What is the effect of a blocked drainage?

YES, many people block drainages during construction work BUT it is WRONG. That Brabus does not know that it is WRONG says a lot about his professionalism!

2 Likes

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2015
End of Day 2 | What was achieved.

1. Ground Beam Reinforcement (30% Complete)
2. Dewatering of the foundation
3. Installation of GP tank
4. Blinding of the fence excavation
5. Preparation of stirrups for the fence raft (40% complete)

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 6:47pm On Nov 20, 2015
Pic Updates

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Chekitaut: 1:25am On Nov 21, 2015
From the desk of Chekitaut:
Count on us for the best Quantity, Quality, Affordable price of Granite.

Island, V.I, Lekki, Ajah(Roundabout)
30Tons Granite=N140,000

Call Now: 08055545355,08032887233

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 5:14am On Nov 21, 2015
Very timely delivery

Nice one smiley001. Just the way I ordered it.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
Happening Now!

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
Preparation of Block Production Site

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2015
Today in Pictures

Cement delivered for foundation casting and block production which commences on Tuesday.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 9:17pm On Nov 21, 2015
End of Day 3 | What was achieved.

1. Ground Beam Reinforcement. Now 80% completed.
2. Fence blinding completed.
3. Fence raft reinforcement ready.
4. Block making machine delivered and installed.
5. Installation of shed over the block making machine.
6. Preparation of starter bars (ongoing)
7. Delivery of stone dust
8. Delivery of 300 bags of cement

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Nobody: 1:10am On Nov 22, 2015
Thanks for showcasing another build. I am especially looking forward to seeing this modern build go up.

Please don't be distracted and stay focused on the goal.

PS: I especially want to see if you maintain the garage and if you do I would like to see how you engineer the door and frame as a system.

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 4:55am On Nov 22, 2015
Arrival of a new tool-of-trade

This past week, we took delivery of a much anticipated piece of machinery that will help our company respond faster to an increasing demand for on-site concrete mix.

Mixer's specification :
Our new machine is a Frederick Parkers 150-T concrete mixer, with Lister diesel engine, mounted on an 6x3 steel chassis. The mixer has a drum volume of 400 liters which produces 310 litres of concrete per mix and up to 6m3 of concrete in one hour.

Goodbye to the days of manual mix and delayed concrete pour. Welcome to the new level. This is a great addition to our service offering to our customers and marks The beginning of new things to come.

Watch out for more toys.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 4:59am On Nov 22, 2015
@Egunmogaji,

The 3D pic in the first post is actually a representation of a proposed project I'm hoping to build by the third quarter of 2016. Browne Mews 3D visualization is been produced by CAD Resolution in India.

________
As per the garage doors, NextHome is now collaborating with a lot of foreign companies to finish most of her projects. So, it won't be a major challenge. Just recently, we were able to work with Wickes on production of kitchen cabinets for a 3 unit terrace house belonging to one of our client (Still a work in progress). We forward the dimensions to them and they produced and send the cabinets and the installation manual down here.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 4:50pm On Nov 22, 2015
Today in picture

No activity on site. Just a routine check

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:54pm On Nov 23, 2015
Happening Now

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:07am On Nov 24, 2015
End of Day 4 | What was achieved.

1. Installation of Steel Shutters ongoing
2. Installation and testing of block production machine
3. Preparation of Starter Bars and Column Extensions.
4. Fence raft ongoing

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Nobody: 12:43am On Nov 24, 2015
brabus:
@Egunmogaji,

The 3D pic in the first post is actually a representation of a proposed project I'm hoping to build by the third quarter of 2016. Browne Mews 3D visualization is been produced by CAD Resolution in India.
_______
As per the garage doors, NextHome is now collaborating with a lot of foreign companies to finish most of her projects. So, it won't be a major challenge. Just recently, we were able to work with Wickes on production of kitchen cabinets for a 3 unit terrace house belonging to one of our client (Still a work in progress). We forward the dimensions to them and they produced and send the cabinets and the installation manual down here.

It's the next logical step.

My plan was drawn by a Mexican living in the USA, the 3D was done by a Sri Lankan and then perfected for Nigerian standard by a Nigerian. Massive cost savings and I got professional drawings that will let me sleep soundly at night.

Nigerian folks should start marketing their services outside of Nigeria. We have various advantages such as being English speakers, cheap labour, etc

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Nobody: 12:44am On Nov 24, 2015
brabus:
Arrival of a new tool-of-trade

This past week, we took delivery of a much anticipated piece of machinery that will help our company respond faster to an increasing demand for on-site concrete mix.

Mixer's specification :
Our new machine is a Frederick Parkers 150-T concrete mixer, with Lister diesel engine, mounted on an 6x3 steel chassis. The mixer has a drum volume of 400 liters which produces 310 litres of concrete per mix and up to 6m3 of concrete in one hour.

Goodbye to the days of manual mix and delayed concrete pour. Welcome to the new level. This is a great addition to our service offering to our customers and marks The beginning of new things to come.

Watch out for more toys.

Excellent.

How to wash am Bros? grin

1 Like

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:48am On Nov 24, 2015
EgunMogaji:

It's the next logical step.

My plan was drawn by a Mexican living in the USA, the 3D was done by a Sri Lankan and then perfected for Nigerian standard by a Nigerian. Massive cost savings and I got professional drawings that will let me sleep soundly at night.

Nigerian folks should start marketing their services outside of Nigeria. We have various advantages such as being English speakers, cheap labour, etc

Good luck.

I still wonder why some of our folks aren't taking advantage of the privileges.

I cannot agree any less that there's massive cost savings and the level of professionalism is incomparable.

As per the garage doors, I'll definitely show you something interesting on my project gallery thread. It's right here. You just need to ask for it!
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:55am On Nov 24, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Excellent.
How to wash am Bros? grin

The equipment will be christened at the Browne Mews this week.

A "1 bag mixer" is such a huge baby. Thank God, NextHome Van got a Trailer Hitch. Transporting the mixer would have become another issue.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Nobody: 1:00am On Nov 24, 2015
brabus:

The equipment will be christened at the Brown Mews this week.

A "1 bag mixer" is such a huge baby. Thank God, NextHome Van got a Trailer Hitch. Transporting the mixer would have become another issue.

Next thing you need now is a pumper.

[img]http://www.edelviz.de/_Publication/edelVIZ_Putzmeister/10-27-Putzmeister-Pico_Stills_Final_0242.jpg[/img]
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 1:19am On Nov 24, 2015
EgunMogaji:

Next thing you need now is a pumper.

[img]http://www.edelviz.de/_Publication/edelVIZ_Putzmeister/10-27-Putzmeister-Pico_Stills_Final_0242.jpg[/img]

I'll be on the lookout for this. These equipment are what makes us a builder in the first place. Yes, we can hire everything at extra cost to the owner but wouldn't you rather build with a company who own their equipment than a company who ask their client to provide even the smallest concrete nails.

@EgunMogaji, I knew there's a big world out there which many of us here (based on my assessment o) have never had the chance to travel outside our national borders. This limits our perspective and understanding of how contractors outside the Nigeria approach construction projects. This explain the reason why we are stucked with traditional building solutions.

@Fhemmmy, how easy can we get the machine Sir EgunMogaji posted above. Doesn't have to be new. Refurbished one will do for now.

@FastShipping, how can we get it here. Na beg I dey beg o.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by Nobody: 1:34am On Nov 24, 2015
Contractor A: Manual labour, finish will show that it was manually mixed, $1,000 for the job.
Contractor B: Hydraulically mixed, finish will show that it was professionally mixed, $1,100 for the job.

I'll go with contractor B.

The problem lies in some contractors thinking that because they have mechanized process they should charge exorbitantly.

When you guys buy equipments you set yourself a notch above but you have to amortize the equipment over several jobs covering several years not all on the first job it's used on wink
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 1:56am On Nov 24, 2015
^^^
Unfortunately, I decided not to share cost updates anymore. But if cost is what to go by, there's no one to beat our figures as we stand now! #fact

1. Clients don't have to buy wood. We have formwork and have established trade relationship with major businesses providing steel shutters.
2. Clients don't have to provide generator. We have dedicated generators for each project.
3. Clients don't have to build storage facility. We provide one at fraction of the cost.
4. Clients don't have to pay for pumping machine. We have them.
5. Clients don't have to pay premium on concrete jobs. We own our mixer, poker vibrator and also work with your budget.
6. Clients don't have to pay premium on materials. We own our dump truck and can conveniently afford to slash down the cost of haulage.
7. Clients don't have to buy hose, we have them in different sizes.
8. Clients don't have to pay for 3D if we designed and build your house.
9. We have also forge strategic partnership with major builder support companies abroad to deliver projects with western feel.
10. The list keeps growing.

Affordable. Superior Standard. Timely Delivery.

Browne Mews is a testimony.

_________
I found Putzmeister SP 11 concrete pump here in Nigeria. I just messaged them. Let's see what can come out of this. http://www.okolimotors.com.ng/machines/view/putzmeister-sp-11-bbr

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by ricki: 2:37am On Nov 24, 2015
Oga why you go come block gutter like this ehn.....

Atleast put plank on that gutter so that the truck can enter the site small

abi....
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 9:03am On Nov 24, 2015
Happening Now!

1. Installation of Steel Shutters progressing.

2. Block pallets delivered.

3. Starter Bars and Column Extension prep work advancing.

4. Rough-in plumbing pipe materials till decking stage delivered.

5. Concrete mixer delivered to site.

Looks like we are fully ready for business. Have a beautiful day!

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 10:26am On Nov 24, 2015
Progress Pictures

Concrete Mixer, Rough-in pipe work and Fence Work.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 7:36pm On Nov 24, 2015
End of Day 5 | What was achieved.

1. Installation of Steel Shutters progressing. To be completed tomorrow. We intend to pour the ground beam on Thursday.
3. Installation of Starter Bars completed and preparation of Column Extensions progressing.
4. Fence raft completed, fence columns prepared. We will pour the raft tomorrow.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by smiley001(m): 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2015
brabus:
End of Day 5 | What was achieved.

1. Installation of Steel Shutters progressing. To be completed tomorrow. We intend to pour the ground beam on Thursday.
3. Installation of Starter Bars completed and preparation of Column Extensions progressing.
4. Fence raft completed, fence columns prepared. We will pour the raft tomorrow.

Weldone bro.
Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 9:50am On Nov 25, 2015
Happening Now!

1. Casting of the ground beam. Putting NextHome "1 bag per mix" mixer to test. Let's see how fast we can pour 10.4m3 of concrete.

2. Block production now started. We can not wait on this build.

3. Preparation of ground floor slab reinforcement ongoing.

Re: Construction Journal | Browne Mews By Nexthome by brabus(m): 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2015
7m3 in 90 minutes. Goodbye manual mix.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Lagos Demolishes Some Properties In Banana Island For Flouting Building Laws / Hotel Owner Donates Multi-Million Hotel To A Catholic Church For IDPs (Photos) / Urgent Sale: 1 &Half Plot @ Treasure Park Est8 Ph 2 (CITY OF DAVID), Shimawa #6M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.