Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Questions About Bulk SMS Business - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Questions About Bulk SMS Business (1562 Views)

How To Succeed In Bulk SMS Business In Nigeria. My Story A Case Study / A Few Cool Facts About Bulk Sms Business In Nigeria. / 5 Things To Hate About Bulk Sms (disadvantages Of Bulk Sms) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions About Bulk SMS Business by fleps(m): 7:55am On Nov 18, 2015
I am not here to answer questions about Bulk SMS business. I have questions myself. I don't have a bulk SMS business running but soon, I'll launch mine and some questions have been bugling my mind since yesterday.

I respect the big professional SMS guns out of there. They're seriously making money. I know how much the firm I work for spend on SMS quarterly.

There are many things big firms look out for when they want to choose a bulk SMS platform and sadly only about 2% of the total number of Bulk SMS websites have it.

I'm looking for a gateway and this question popped... What if the credits my user wants to buy is way larger than the number I have with my gateway? What happens? I'll quickly go to purchase or my gateway will charge me later?

I'll be asking more...
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by Sanuzi(m): 8:20am On Nov 18, 2015
YES
fleps:
I am not here to answer questions about Bulk SMS business. I have questions myself. I don't have a bulk SMS business running but soon, I'll launch mine and some questions have been bugling my mind since yesterday.

I respect the big professional SMS guns out of there. They're seriously making money. I know how much the firm I work for spend on SMS quarterly.

There are many things big firms look out for when they want to choose a bulk SMS platform and sadly only about 2% of the total number of Bulk SMS websites have it.

I'm looking for a gateway and this question popped... What if the credits my user wants to buy is way larger than the number I have with my gateway? What happens? I'll quickly go to purchase or my gateway will charge me later?

I'll be asking more...
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by fleps(m): 9:24am On Nov 18, 2015
Sanuzi:
YES

Na wa o! Yes to what na?

To which of the questions?
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by CreativeWeb(m): 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2015
Dear fleps, if you have questions about bulk sms business, then we at SMSnaija247 have all the answers for you. We have been in the business and today, we can boldly say that we have cut our teeth in it.

To answer your questions. If for instance, you have 10,000 sms units in your account and you get a user that pays for 50,000 sms units. If you sell at N1.60/sms, then the user should have paid in 80k. If you buy at N1.40/sms, then quickly use 70k from the user's payment to purchase 50,000 sms units from your provider and topup your account. Your balance will become 60,000 sms units. It's difficult for a client to pay for 50,000 sms units and need to use all the 50,000 sms units to send sms immediately at a go.

What you need is an indegenious bulk sms mega aggregator like www.SMSNAIJA247.com, which will be ready to attend to you anytime and streamline services for you.

Ask more questions.

Note: If you can get a domain name, hosting plan and spc4, we will build a bulk sms website for you at a token fee.

If you will use our API, then we will be ready to mentor you and expose some secrets and strategies that will make you stay ahead of the competition.

Or you can email us now at: smsnaija247@gmail.com and we will be glad to answer all your queries with apt and competence.

We have broken the code and figured everything out. We are currently leading the pack.
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by psucc(m): 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2015
How much do you charge assuming in want to venture into bulk SMS biz?
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by fleps(m): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2015
CreativeWeb:
Dear fleps, if you have questions about bulk sms business, then we at SMSnaija247 have all the answers for you. We have been in the business and today, we can boldly say that we have cut our teeth in it.

To answer your questions. If for instance, you have 10,000 sms units in your account and you get a user that pays for 50,000 sms units. If you sell at N1.60/sms, then the user should have paid in 80k. If you buy at N1.40/sms, then quickly use 70k from the user's payment to purchase 50,000 sms units from your provider and topup your account. Your balance will become 60,000 sms units. It's difficult for a client to pay for 50,000 sms units and need to use all the 50,000 sms units to send sms immediately at a go.

What you need is an indegenious bulk sms mega aggregator like www.SMSNAIJA247.com, which will be ready to attend to you anytime and streamline services for you.

Ask more questions.

Note: If you can get a domain name, hosting plan and spc4, we will build a bulk sms website for you at a token fee.

If you will use our API, then we will be ready to mentor you and expose some secrets and strategies that will make you stay ahead of the competition.

Or you can email us now at: smsnaija247@gmail.com and we will be glad to answer all your queries with apt and competence.

We have broken the code and figured everything out. We are currently leading the pack.

Thanks sir. In fact I was convinced after someone directed me to read your post. And I love your website too. But I don't get to see resellers page or your gateway prices.
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by fleps(m): 7:57pm On Nov 19, 2015
Now my next question:

In opening an account with a business name, which account exactly should one go for? Business Account? Corporate? Current?
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by JosephPhilip: 6:46am On Nov 20, 2015
Hi,

Please, kindly read this thread -
Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business.

The link is in my signature.

The thread provides answers to questions you may have concerning bulk sms business as a whole.
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by CreativeWeb(m): 9:29am On Nov 20, 2015
fleps:
Now my next question:

In opening an account with a business name, which account exactly should one go for? Business Account? Corporate? Current?

Business account is automatically a current account. Corporate account can be a business account and every corporate account is a current account. For instance, we have a corporate account with the business name: BOLD ICT SOLUTIONS in firstbank, diamondbank, zenithbank and gtbank. Just register a business name with CAC, get your TIN at any FIRS office. Then open a sole proprietorship account with any Nigerian bank. Simple.
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by internetpope(m): 10:43am On Nov 20, 2015
fleps:
Now my next question:

A Corporate account will be best.

But keep in mind that your cost of starting up will simply have to double as you'll have to register a business name, Get VAT/TIN number, pay for seals/stamps, letterheads, etc.

If you want to start on a small scale you can use a personal account and scale up as your business grows.
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by yomalex(m): 11:10am On Nov 20, 2015
Most of your questions have been answered I guess
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by fleps(m): 2:56am On Nov 21, 2015
yomalex:
Most of your questions have been answered I guess

Yes sire. But one more still bothers me...

I have read online some banks' requirement and features of their accounts.

For example, First Bank says minimum of 15k balance and 2k monthly charge. Almost same with GT.

So once again, is there a special account for Sole Proprietorship that requires little or no monthly charge and minimum balance?

I saw that of STANBIC, and no such thing.

Please I need advice because I want to open specifically GT n First Bank. Guidance please. Thanks guys.
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by CreativeWeb(m): 9:22am On Nov 21, 2015
fleps:

For example, First Bank says minimum of 15k balance and 2k monthly charge. Almost same with GT.

So once again, is there a special account for Sole Proprietorship that requires little or no monthly charge and minimum balance?

Please I need advice because I want to open specifically GT n First Bank. Guidance please. Thanks guys.

My brother, just visit the banks. Stop reading craps online. Firstbank opened my account with zero naira. And they charge me about 65 Naira per month for COT. They even gave me ATM card on credit and debited me like -N1,000. Once money enter your account, they will take the 1k. They even gave me my account number that same day. These things are simple once you have the requirements. Zenithbank, diamondbank and gtbank required no initial deposit of whatever.

Just have copies of:
1. CAC certificate
2. TIN from FIRS
3. Fresh PHCN bill
4. Form C4 from CAC
5. Recognized ID Card
6. Three References of corporate accounts (not personal current account)
7. A stamp
8. A letter on your letterheaded paper requesting account to be opened

1 Like

Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by fleps(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2015
CreativeWeb:

My brother, just visit the banks. Stop reading craps online. Firstbank opened my account with zero naira. And they charge me about 65 Naira per month for COT. They even gave me ATM card on credit and debited me like -N1,000. Once money enter your account, they will take the 1k. They even gave me my account number that same day. These things are simple once you have the requirements. Zenithbank, diamondbank and gtbank required no initial deposit of whatever.

Just have copies of:
1. CAC certificate
2. TIN from FIRS
3. Fresh PHCN bill
4. Form C4 from CAC
5. Recognized ID Card
7. A stamp

God Bless You sir!!!
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by yomalex(m): 11:58am On Nov 21, 2015
fleps:

I'm in the process of opening with GTBank and they have not told me anything about Opening balance. That 15k balance is outrageous you should visit a branch
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by fleps(m): 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2015
yomalex:
I'm in the process of opening with GTBank and they have not told me anything about Opening balance. That 15k balance is outrageous you should visit a branch

Thank you sir. I'm so grateful...
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by weblogo: 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
CreativeWeb:

Just have copies of:
1. CAC certificate
2. TIN from FIRS
3. Fresh PHCN bill
4. Form C4 from CAC
5. Recognized ID Card
7. A stamp

hmm...and they did not verify your business abii...

oga fleps better prepare atleast 10k if u re opeing an acc with firstbank....you cannot get A corporate acc for zero naira,and u cannot get the acc no on d same day...they will verify authenticity of your CAC docs first
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by CreativeWeb(m): 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2015
weblogo:

hmm...and they did not verify your business abii...

oga fleps better prepare atleast 10k if u re opeing an acc with firstbank....you cannot get A corporate acc for zero naira,and u cannot get the acc no on d same day...they will verify authenticity of your CAC docs first

Am not here for blind arguement. Do you have a corporate account? I have a corporate account in four banks. I got my firstbank account number that same day. They never charged me for any verification. It was gtbank that took about 5k, but they didnt insist I pay it that day. They simply debited and when first deposit came, they took it. Firstbank even gave me the account number when my references remained one. Just that they limited the account. When I came to request for atm card and then withdraw, they drew my attention to that. I told them that i dont have any other reference. They even helped got one immediately inside the banking hall and sent to lagos and then printed my atm card right there and gave me.

Opening of account is not scary.
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by weblogo: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
CreativeWeb:

Am not here for blind arguement. Do you have a corporate account? I have a corporate account in four banks. I got my firstbank account number that same day. They never charged me for any verification. It was gtbank that took about 5k, but they didnt insist I pay it that day. They simply debited and when first deposit came, they took it. Firstbank even gave me the account number when my references remained one. Just that they limited the account. When I came to request for atm card and then withdraw, they drew my attention to that. I told them that i dont have any other reference. They even helped got one immediately inside the banking hall and sent to lagos and then printed my atm card right there and gave me.

Opening of account is not scary.
Yeah it isnt am not saying it is....The OP just need to know that in most places money is involved and eventually u will be debited..So he wont have the mindset of zero naira ....If I dont have a corporate Acc I wont comment ....And my experience is recent here....dint know since when u got urs
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by semasir: 9:41pm On Nov 21, 2015
Interesting perspectives raised herein.

There's actually no way you can send SMS from your account if your have less and no provider will also grant you access to sending more than you have but you can be credited on credit pending your payment at a later time.

Most of your other clarifications are already answered as much as I can see but I may still add my perspectives to those answered all the same.

Cc: fleps
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by fleps(m): 1:27pm On Nov 23, 2015
semasir:
Interesting perspectives raised herein.

There's actually no way you can send SMS from your account if your have less and no provider will also grant you access to sending more than you have but you can be credited on credit pending your payment at a later time.

Most of your other clarifications are already answered as much as I can see but I may still add my perspectives to those answered all the same.

Cc: fleps

Okay sir. Thanks.
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by fleps(m): 1:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
Now ANOTHER question!

How do I get my own API for other websites to use under me even if I am a reseller for another gateway?

Does it come automatically? Do I have to configure another software for that?
Re: Questions About Bulk SMS Business by CreativeWeb(m): 2:31pm On Nov 23, 2015
fleps:
Now ANOTHER question!

How do I get my own API for other websites to use under me even if I am a reseller for another gateway?

Does it come automatically? Do I have to configure another software for that?

It comes automatically. Every bulk sms portal has an automatic API.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need An App For Your Business? / Free Targeted Any Country Leads For Your Business / Facebook Just Rolled In Something Cool Called MESSENGER KIDS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.