Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,741 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

Honda Accord 2004 Gear System Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2004 Gear System Problem (1153 Views)

Signs That Your Car Has A Suspension System Problem / Automatic Car Gear System / Manual VS Automatic Gear System For a Taxi car, WHICH is BETTER. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Honda Accord 2004 Gear System Problem by HFemi2015: 12:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
The Forum,

I have problem with my Honda Accord 2004 Model. The gear is not selecting more than once as the speedometer is not rising beyond 60Kph. It seldom go up to 80kph. This problem was noticed after the transmission oil was replenished.
Another problem is that the vehicle refuse to move after decelerating from a higher speed while the engine is still functioning. Each time such a situation happens, I normally switch off my engine and engage gear before the vehicle could move.

What could go wrong?

Where is gear sensor located in my car?

HFemi2015
Re: Honda Accord 2004 Gear System Problem by abatically(m): 1:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
Firstly what oil did u fill it with? Secondly was the oil already very dirty and smelling burnt before replacing? U should only use Honda atf dw1 for ur car. Any other thing na trouble u dey find. Also once u find out ur transmission oil is already very dirty (due to negligence), its better not to drain it at all as the transmission might die once u drain the dirty oil even if u refill with recommended one.
Re: Honda Accord 2004 Gear System Problem by honmusa(m): 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
HFemi2015:
The Forum,

I have problem with my Honda Accord 2004 Model. The gear is not selecting more than once as the speedometer is not rising beyond 60Kph. It seldom go up to 80kph. This problem was noticed after the transmission oil was replenished.
Another problem is that the vehicle refuse to move after decelerating from a higher speed while the engine is still functioning. Each time such a situation happens, I normally switch off my engine and engage gear before the vehicle could move.

What could go wrong?

Where is gear sensor located in my car?

HFemi2015
When last did u change your transmission oil because taking such a long time before changing can spell doom for your transmission(Transmission oil change usually required 15,000km interval)
what kind of transmission oil did u use for the servicing ?,Honda 04 will required Honda DW1 ATF

(1) (Reply)

How To Reset The Maintenance Light On A Toyota Camry / List Of FRSC Approved Driving Schools / What Are The Required Documents Before Driving In Nigeria Road?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.