Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time (6041 Views)

Planning To Meet Her Family For The FIRST Time. / Meeting My Fiancée's Parents For The First Time! / Is The Groom Responsible For All Bride's Family Attire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2015
Hello familanders, please i'm so confused right now. I'd soon be going to meet my fiance's parents for the very first time. What is the most suitable attire to wear for such occasion. Your ideas are welcome and will be much appreciated. Please help me out.
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by porshuch: 2:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
Wear what you're comfortable on. I don't mean you should wear seductive dress or maryamaka dress, I mean you should dress nicely. Don't dress so sophisticated o. grin
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by PresVA: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2015
Except you haven't been dressing decently, I see no reason for this question. . Abi you want to tie gele grin

Just be yourself dear, dress decently and act decently. ..

Don't worry, they'll love you smiley(I know that's what you're worried about)

4 Likes

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by 5minsmadness: 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
Something nice ans decent. Preferably use native material even if it's English wear. Hope u understand.
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by itstpia8: 2:50pm On Nov 18, 2015

1 Like

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 3:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
porshuch:
Wear what you're comfortable on. I don't mean you should wear seductive dress or maryamaka dress, I mean you should dress nicely. Don't dress so sophisticated o. grin
Thanks dear
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 3:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
PresVA:
Except you haven't been dressing decently, I see no reason for this question. . Abi you want to tie gele grin

Just be yourself dear, dress decently and act decently. ..

Don't worry, they'll love you smiley(I know that's what you're worried about)
lol.... don't blame me o. u know the feeling that comes, when it's time to meet the high and mighty in your fiance's life. I believe it's kinda normal.
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 3:20pm On Nov 18, 2015
5minsmadness:
Something nice ans decent. Preferably use native material even if it's English wear. Hope u understand.
Thanks dear, I understand. I prefer to go on a native attire but some say it's so not a 21st century thing to wear and meet one's in-laws.
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by 5minsmadness: 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
choplex:
Thanks dear, I understand. I prefer to go on a native attire but some say it's so not a 21st century thing to wear and meet one's in-laws.
Are those 'some persons' the ones going to meet your in-laws? Go in what you are comfortable with pls.
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by Nobody: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2015
U need to look like a good girl. The top you are wearing on your dp is not bad.
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 18, 2015
Bubba and wrapper (lace material), gele, koi-koi shoe and purse to match.

Any other question?

You're welcome.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by Ursino(f): 4:46pm On Nov 18, 2015
Phema:

Any other question?

You're welcome.

Hahahhahahaaa. This is one of the best posts I have seen in centuries! You really cracked me up! Especially the "koi-koi" shoe! Hahahaha. Abeg oooo.

My dear op, abeg, just look nice. Be yourself. Don't act up. If you have any extra thing on you, like nose rings, anklet, double earrings pierced body, tattoos, name them, just remove or hide them. First impression matters I swear! Avoid heavy make up, too much perfumes or seductive dresses. But if you have fine legs (like me) , don't forget to flaunt them in a nice outfit. That's your asset!
Above all, don't be reminded to always wear a smile - that disarms even the most brutal inlaw.
Wish ya luck. I was like you some eight years back! Person don old oooo inside this thing!

3 Likes

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 5:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
firstEVA:
U need to look like a good girl. The top you are wearing on your dp is not bad.
Thanks dear
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
Phema:

Any other question?

You're welcome.
U made laugh out so loud this evening.
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by figur: 6:16pm On Nov 18, 2015
Went to meet my fiance family for the first time last week. I wore a trouser and a fitted shirt. That is what I like, I am comfortable in it, and I looked beautiful in it as well.
They welcomed me well and haven't stopped calling me since I got back.
Just wear something that suits your body and makes you comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by shitshappen(m): 7:39pm On Nov 18, 2015
Just be yourself, most importantly let th family's religious background and level of exposure guide you. Forget all those telling u to wear anything, first impression matters.
Monday to Thursday- lean towards corporate wear
Friday - simple native wear
Saturday - decent casual wear
Sunday- simple native or corporate attire.

P.S. Forget that expensive jewelry, might not be called for.

My ten kobo

1 Like

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by SAMBARRY: 7:43pm On Nov 18, 2015
This tongue

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by SAMBARRY: 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
Or this

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by lilmax(m): 7:49pm On Nov 18, 2015
Wear your wedding dress

2 Likes

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by SAMBARRY: 7:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
Or

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Or
This is lovely. Let her go with this

1 Like

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 18, 2015

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 9:59pm On Nov 18, 2015
figur:
Went to meet my fiance family for the first time last week. I wore a trouser and a fitted shirt. That is what I like, I am comfortable in it, and I looked beautiful in it as well.
They welcomed me well and haven't stopped calling me since I got back.
Just wear something that suits your body and makes you comfortable.
Nice one dear. I'm thinking of going a decent ankara skirt and blouse.

2 Likes

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
lilmax:
Wear your wedding dress
Haba! No be wedding na. It's just introduction to his family.
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 10:01pm On Nov 18, 2015
SAMBARRY:
This tongue
This is lovely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by choplex(f): 10:02pm On Nov 18, 2015
shitshappen:
Just be yourself, most importantly let th family's religious background and level of exposure guide you. Forget all those telling u to wear anything, first impression matters.
Monday to Thursday- lean towards corporate wear
Friday - simple native wear
Saturday - decent casual wear
Sunday- simple native or corporate attire.

P.S. Forget that expensive jewelry, might not be called for.

My ten kobo
Best advice so far. Thanks.
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by raumdeuter: 10:03pm On Nov 18, 2015
Purdah
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
raumdeuter:
Purdah
Isn't it high time you got married and stop hating? tongue

Elderly bachelor tongue cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by 1bkay3: 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2015
Whatever you're comfortable with, just be appropriate
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by itstpia8: 10:12pm On Nov 18, 2015
choplex:
lol.... don't blame me o. u know the feeling that comes, when it's time to meet the high and mighty in your fiance's life. I believe it's kinda normal.

if you cant make a decision about something as simple as what to wear in such a situation, but must broadcast it on the internet because you say you are going to meet some potential in laws, then I don't know what advice to give you.

1 Like

Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by raumdeuter: 10:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
LaraiBoluwaji:

Isn't it high time you got married and stop hating? tongue

Elderly bachelor tongue cheesy

Whats your real moniker. I checked your DP and cant recollect the face.

I am married BTW and not hating
Re: Best Attire When Meeting Your Boyfriend's Family For The First Time by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 18, 2015
raumdeuter:

Whats your real moniker. I checked your DP and cant recollect the face.

I am married BTW and not hating
This is my real moniker undecided

Are you not dayokanu?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christianity Is Anti Modern-feminism And Red Pill / Firstborns Are Smarter - Middle Kids Are Sloppy - Lastborns Are Spoilt! / Fertility Booster : Freeflow And Dr Quick Herbal Capsules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.