Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,693 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro (4412 Views)

Sachi Motorsport Audi A8 D3 4.2 Quattro Sport, Family Cruiser, V8 Content! / Audi Q7 S-line 4,2 V8 FSI Versus Volkswagen Touareg R50 5,0 V10 TDI? / 2005 Audi A4 Vs 2000 Honda Accord (baby Boy) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro by rancetech(m): 12:30am On May 21, 2009
Emmm, I'm planning on getting Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro, 2005 model. So please guys I want to know if I'm making the right choice here. I've heard lots of people complain about Audi cars. Complains about excessive trouble, expensive & scarce parts, expensive & scarce engineers. I don't know I'm kinda of confused right now. I love the car sooooo much. Now my friend keeps telling me that I'll be better off with a Toyota camry 2007.

Please I need you guys to advise me.

And also, if it's not too much to ask, I'll also need a price quote for one whether here in Nigeria or Cotonou.

Here are some pictures I got off Google:

Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro by Midas02(m): 1:16am On May 21, 2009
Oh boy, this one no be cotonou car oooo tongue

Cotonou ke Audi's make excellent cars and most people that complain are simply clueless. It would be better for you to buy the A6 3.2 Quattro because it is cheaper and much easier to maintain. The Audi A6 4.2 is the sportier and much faster version but this performance advantage comes at a cost - the 4.2 has a high performance V8 engine ( higher gas consumption and maintenance).

Audi's are built rock solid but you cannot just take it to any Toyota mechanic to fix. finding a competent Audi technician is a must. Most people complain about Audi's becos they have incompetent mechanics who ruin the car. A well used, well maintained Audi will outlast most cars simply becos of the build quality and high quality material.

I expect that Siena will be here to lecture on and defend his beloved Audi pretty soon grin
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro by sultaan(m): 1:48am On May 21, 2009
@ Midas02

I don't want to say you are wrong about V8 and fuel cost, but anyone who can afford A6 with a 4.2 should not even be thinking of fuel cost(only cost about 20% more max)
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Spec_Glance.aspx?year=2005&make=Audi&model=A6

If you have the money, get it you will enjoy every minute you drive it.If you are going to use a driver, get the 4 cyl Camry because you won't feel what you paid for.

There is no comparison between Camry and Audi A6(luxury comparable to 5 series)

In every way the A6 is better you just have to decide if you want your ride like every other rides, or have the best you money can get.
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro by Midas02(m): 2:21am On May 21, 2009
@Sultaan

Yes ooooo grin
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro by TouaregV8(m): 6:05am On May 21, 2009
Dear Rancetech,

You shouldn't doubt your original decision to opt for the Audi - You will certainly enjoy your choice. 

However, make sure you are prepared to service and maintain the Audi by Qualified and Competent Technicians.  Trial and error, guess work and technical ignorance by incompetent mechanics will reduce your smile to a frown and tears. 

Secondly, please make sure you use the correct petrol grade recommended by the manufacturer - Premium Unleaded Petrol (95 RON)

Before I bought my V8, I also made sure I had access to a qualified technician and interrupted supply of the correct fuel grade (95 RON).

Go forth and enjoy.
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro by GTmustang(m): 6:31am On May 21, 2009
Bro with 4.2 litre engine, u'll always meet me at the gas station. Just brace-up for this.
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro by rancetech(m): 12:47pm On May 21, 2009
I'm definitely making up my mind on this one.

I hope you guys are aware that I'm in Lagos, Nigeria?

Great posts. Thanks guys.
Re: Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro by Emperoh(m): 1:31pm On May 21, 2009
I am surprised Siena has not come here to chip something in.

Rance
If your pocket is deep enough for the fuel PLS go for this lovely sports machine.
After all people knew how big they were and yet went ahead to buy V8 engine cars
Them no get two heads. But if your pocket is not deep enough and you will be using a driver, abeg find a smaller car.

(1) (Reply)

My Range Rover Sports 2006 Model Transmission Problem / Anything Wrong With The 2007 Toyota Camry XLE V6? / Need My Rav4 Ecm(brain Box) Part Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.